Glenn Beck arrives in Okla. with two truckloads of food, water and diapers

I sent my Red Cross donation in too....just like I did for superstorm Sandy. Just like I did for the Hatian earthquake.

I'm glad Beck's doing this, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend that he did it out of kindness....I'm thinking publicity.

Only you would sit there and discount a generous act of kindness as merely "publicity." There are kindhearted people that care for other people in this world, and they aren't all liberal. You need to set your political bias aside, show some decency and a bit of class. You accuse him of doing it for publicity, but you were the one who flaunted his generous donations to the Sandy Victims, and the Haitians. Not only are you a jerk, you're a hypocrite to boot. Generosity isn't something you brag about, it's something you do from the heart.

How utterly selfish, you childish prick.

Yes...and Beck isn't one of them. Hey dickhead, I already said that I'm glad he's doing this....or did you only read.the publicity.part?

I agree, it's not something to brag about...and you wouldn't know that I made those donations if it wasn't asked in this very thread.

BTW...if it's not something.to brag about.....why is it that Beck made the effort to let people know what he's doing? He could have done it anonymously....but he didn't, did he?

How utterly selfish, that childish prick.

I mean WOW, he tweeted every step of the way, building up the hype. Philanthropy is one thing but Beck wanted to make damn sure everyone knew what he was doing.

"...I mean WOW, he tweeted every step of the way, building up the hype. Philanthropy is one thing but Beck wanted to make damn sure everyone knew what he was doing."
Anonymous giving is the most genuine and generous of all.

Advertised giving is something else; simultaneously well-intentioned and self-serving at best; cynically over-visible and maudlin at its worst.

This particular episode may have had as much Showboat to it as it did Substance; that's arguably mean-spirited, but with a fair-to-high probability of being accurate nonetheless.

Last edited:
I am very proud of Glenn Beck for doing that. I would be even prouder if he did it without cameras rolling

Was he there with cameras?

With all the news coverage on the tornado damage you can bet anyone who arrives with truckloads of needed supplies will be on camera. Not just Beck.

Lets see is Michelle rolls in with her her own truckloads of supplies payed for out of her pocket. She can afford it just like Beck can. Ain't holding my breath for that one. Of course I could be surprised.

Charity is giving because you want to give. Not because some asshat in Govt decides that you have to.

Only you would sit there and discount a generous act of kindness as merely "publicity." There are kindhearted people that care for other people in this world, and they aren't all liberal. You need to set your political bias aside, show some decency and a bit of class. You accuse him of doing it for publicity, but you were the one who flaunted his generous donations to the Sandy Victims, and the Haitians. Not only are you a jerk, you're a hypocrite to boot. Generosity isn't something you brag about, it's something you do from the heart.

Yes...and Beck isn't one of them. Hey dickhead, I already said that I'm glad he's doing this....or did you only read.the publicity.part?

I agree, it's not something to brag about...and you wouldn't know that I made those donations if it wasn't asked in this very thread.

BTW...if it's not something.to brag about.....why is it that Beck made the effort to let people know what he's doing? He could have done it anonymously....but he didn't, did he?

I mean WOW, he tweeted every step of the way, building up the hype. Philanthropy is one thing but Beck wanted to make damn sure everyone knew what he was doing.

We all know that Beck is a carnival clown.

Who cares?

This is a good cause.

Remember Becks brother in nuttterism ?

Photo Op: Romney Campaign Bought Supplies To Give To Red Cross Which Only Accepts Money

Photo Op: Romney Campaign Bought Supplies To Give To Red Cross Which Only Accepts Money | The New Civil Rights Movement

Red Cross issues annoyed statement about Romney “relief” donations
NJ Red Cross piqued at Romney for sending donations they don't want

Romney Donating Sandy Supplies To GOP Swing States — Not NY

UPDATED: Romney Donating Sandy Supplies To GOP Swing States ? Not NY | The New Civil Rights Movement

Last edited by a moderator:
"...I mean WOW, he tweeted every step of the way, building up the hype. Philanthropy is one thing but Beck wanted to make damn sure everyone knew what he was doing."
Anonymous giving is the most genuine and generous of all.

Advertised giving is something else; simultaneously well-intentioned and self-serving at best; cynically over-visible and maudlin at its worst.

This particular episode may have had as much Showboat to it as it did Substance; that's arguably mean-spirited, but with a fair-to-high probability of being accurate nonetheless.

Yes, because I know that when someone gives me something and then they tell others that they did the gift suddenly vanishes in a vile black puff of a cloud. That’s the ticket….

maybe it will inspire others to do the same

I'm thinking Obama, wearing a flight suit and leading a convoy of 1000 trucks

Behind him is a huge banner saying "Mission Accomplished"

Inspirational or what?

Agreed, with one condition: I want to watch--live--Obama trying to drive a class 8 truck! The entertainment value will be extremely high!

Obama drives class 8 trucks all the time up at Camp David

This is a typical Beck dog & pony show.

He's actually there on sight contributing his own time and labor.

What are you doing?

Beck's attention whoring, is what he's doing. What he always does.
If he were truly being generous rather than exploitative, we would never know about it. This malarkey about "raising awareness encourages more to give" and "using his vast resources as a media figurehead" is just that; a set of tired prefabricated rationalizations with a lot of miles on 'em.

Well I doubt he could go there and do this without word getting out about it.....doesn't mean he's trying to gain attention, it means he's well known and SOMEBODY would be talking about it! He's doing a good thing....you just can't admit it.

That was a cool thing to do.

It was cool for sure. This is a tragic thing that happened in Oklahoma and politics should be put aside.

That would be nice, wouldn't it? But the GOP pols from OK are scrambling to justify relief for the citizens of Moore while they voted against relief for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. So, you see, it's always political.

They voted against the PORK that the Dems put in that Sandy Bill......why can't the Dems approve a recovery bill without throwing other shit in it for their benefit???

There are so many reporters in that area right now there's no way Beck or anyone else that's well known would get by without a camera in their face.....Would you say the same thing about any of your liberal celebrities?? Don't think so!!

"...Yes, because I know that when someone gives me something and then they tell others that they did the gift suddenly vanishes in a vile black puff of a cloud. That’s the ticket…"
You really don't get it, do you? My condolences.

Publicity-generating show-boating, I fear...

There are plenty of agencies that handle such needs...

The American Red Cross, the Salvation Army, Feeding America, Lutheran Disaster Services, and regional food banks, etc., never mind the State and the National Guard and FEMA and the like...

I wouldn't be surprised if the entire two-truck donation went to waste or was sitting unopened in some church or company parking lot, spoiling under the hot sun...

"Uhhhh... thank you for the fine sentiment, Mr. Beck, but, well, ahhhh... we've already got that covered."

But I could be wrong...

I'm sure you are......wrong.

Forum List

Back