Glenn Beck arrives in Okla. with two truckloads of food, water and diapers

"...I'm sure you are...wrong."
Having observed first-hand (as a staffer of a national-scale charitable feeding agency and a social-services agency - both with a disaster-relief component to their missions) a great many folks coming to the scene of disasters such as Hurricanes Andrew and Katrina with car-loads or truck-loads of donated foodstuffs and clothing and blankets and bottled water and the like...

And seeing multiple relief agencies accept these donations of questionable quality and value just to get the donors out of their hair without offending them, and then dumping the donated goods in dumpsters or at the landfill due to safety and sanitation and health concerns, soon after the donors were out of sight, because they had more than enough to go around from their new-commodities inventories and warehouses and event-driven purchasing... and seeing various corporate executives and politicians pimp themselves out for photo-ops and sound and video bytes designed to portray them in a favorable light, and watching the warm smiles turn back to cold, steely-eyed arrogance the minute the cameras were turned back off again...

I have some modest basis in fact and previous experience, for making the observations that I did...

You are welcome to share with the class whatever experiences that you have in a similar vein, that you believe might trump such experience or render it obsolete or unserviceable...

Perhaps you know something that I don't about such matters...

ETA...

Oh, and BTW...

I don't know Beck from Adam... I listen to a handful of both Conservative and Liberal radio commentators from time to time, and have probably heard Beck from time to time, while flipping the channels, but I'm neither a listener nor a fan nor a detractor...

I am coming at this from the generic angle of the cynicism I have acquired in observing minor celebrities and politicians imposing themselves upon disaster sites more to be seen and portrayed favorably than as a matter of providing humanitarian relief (which is being done quite well by others, anyway)...

I don't give a rat's ass whether it's Rachel Madcow or Lush Limpbow or whatever... I don't care... I'm just sayin' that most of these jokers feed on such opportunities to enhance their reps... nuthin' against talk-radio demigod A or B or C... hope that helps.

Last edited:
$500,000.

Read that number and weep you liberal maggots who can use a tragedy like this tornado to attempt to skewer a good man's motives :lol:

YAY Glenn! Bless his soul.

Beck’s convoy of hope has seen remarkable success. In just over a day, it has raised over $500,000. Initially, Beck hoped to raise at least $50,000 but with over 6,000 donations his organization has long surpassed that goal.

Oklahoma Tornado: Glenn Beck and Twitter to the Rescue

Libs are quite transparent. Can't have a conservative doing anything charitable or viewed as good. That doesn't paint the picture they constantly try to drill home.

They are so cute when they get riled up and have tantrums when people step out of the box they try to shove them into. :lol::lol:

$500,000.

Read that number and weep you liberal maggots who can use a tragedy like this tornado to attempt to skewer a good man's motives :lol:

Beck’s convoy of hope has seen remarkable success. In just over a day, it has raised over $500,000. Initially, Beck hoped to raise at least $50,000 but with over 6,000 donations his organization has long surpassed that goal.

Libs are quite transparent. Can't have a conservative doing anything charitable or viewed as good. That doesn't paint the picture they constantly try to drill home.

They are so cute when they get riled up and have tantrums when people step out of the box they try to shove them into. :lol::lol:

one thing is certain

if you ever want to know what a conservative talk show host is doing

or saying just ask a lib

they are always tuned in

--LOL

Like Palin, Beck presents a real conundrum for the GOP - he fires up the hardcore base, annoys pretty much everyone else, and provides an easy target for the Democrats. What are you supposed to do with people like this?

Love him.

This is a typical Beck dog & pony show.

Get back to us when you roll in with a convoy of supplies.

In spite of Oklahoma Senators Inhofe and Coburn opposing FEMA and past disaster aid to other states (including hurricane Sandy) - American taxpayers will be rolling in with many convoys of supplies and other relief. Obama will take care of Oklahoma.

So that's how your helping.

Only you would sit there and discount a generous act of kindness as merely "publicity." There are kindhearted people that care for other people in this world, and they aren't all liberal. You need to set your political bias aside, show some decency and a bit of class. You accuse him of doing it for publicity, but you were the one who flaunted his generous donations to the Sandy Victims, and the Haitians. Not only are you a jerk, you're a hypocrite to boot. Generosity isn't something you brag about, it's something you do from the heart.

How utterly selfish, you childish prick.

Yes...and Beck isn't one of them. Hey dickhead, I already said that I'm glad he's doing this....or did you only read.the publicity.part?

I agree, it's not something to brag about...and you wouldn't know that I made those donations if it wasn't asked in this very thread.

BTW...if it's not something.to brag about.....why is it that Beck made the effort to let people know what he's doing? He could have done it anonymously....but he didn't, did he?

How utterly selfish, that childish prick.

I mean WOW, he tweeted every step of the way, building up the hype. Philanthropy is one thing but Beck wanted to make damn sure everyone knew what he was doing.

Two ways you can look at this. One is the jaded liberal way that says he did a good thing for bad reasons, without any proof of such. The other way is that all the publicity is driving donations, which is a good thing something SOME liberals have a hard time giving any credit to Beck.

Obama will stand in Washington and give away your and my money and doing it during a photo op and will be praised for his quick action, Beck?

You guys are kidding, right? I mean, Beck puts on his Superman suit, and goes to the rescue of white republican Oklahoma survivers.

Well, here is the link with a video showing him calling the survivors of Katrina (black democrats) "scumbags"Glenn Beck called hurricane survivors in New Orleans "scumbags," said he "hates" 9-11 families | Video | Media Matters for America
He's helping people who have red dirt where their homes, furniture, and cars used to be, and who barely got out of the situation alive. :eusa_eh:

Hatred is bad for you.

So is drowning in da Nile...

And BTW, I was a Katrina survivor, and I reserve the right to hold anyone who refers to me as a "scumbag" in utter contempt.
Your dear leader called supporting American Republicans his "enemies."

We're over it.

You're still peeing into the wind and getting mad when it comes back in your face. :rolleyes:

Nope becuase unlike you I love the two party system.

It only works when both partys care more about country than party.

Your party has gone insane and hates the country

I don't agree with some of Glenn Beck's politics, but this is very generous what he is doing.

Convoy of hope: Glenn Beck arrives in Okla. with two truckloads of food, water and diapers | Twitchy

It's just a photo op. I's not coming out of his pocket.

Just shows you are running off at the mouth and you know nothing about Beck or his charity.

You are just being a measly liberal maggot who can't stand to recognize that a conservative has a heart.

In less than 24 hours he raised over $900,000. 100% of the donations will go to the victims of this tragedy.

$900,000.

Last edited:
Now to all of our vile and horrid USMB liberals who kept saying that Beck should have donated anonymously, I have to ask you this question since you made such assholes out of yourselves for inferring that Beck should not have used his fame to raise money.

Should everyone have just stayed home from this relief event and just donated anonymously?

ETA: There were good USMB liberals who applauded Beck's efforts. This post is not directed at them.

snf12aid5-682_1083547a.jpg

How about these guys? You know the ones that have performed yearly for Farm Aid? Was this just a photo op for them too?

11284092-large.png

Oh and I guess according to some of our liberals, no one should have turned out to help Haiti after the earthquake.

9pFSe2ALUNU.jpg

Or are you just freaking flaming hypocrites? Was this a photo op? Or is it that you can only accept the generosity of liberal performers because you are so narrow minded?

Roger-Waters-12.12.12-Hurricane-Sandy.gif

Last edited:
$500,000.

Actually, it's almost $900,000 as of about an hour ago.

that evil glenn beck

using his celebrity status to raise almost a million dollars to help those people

Forum List

Back