Zone1 Global Warming Denial vs IQ Denial

When the temperature keeps going up it means that the climate is warming.

Problem is your hottest day evah is attributed partially to el nino which, last time I checked, has nothing to do with my gas-powered weedeater.

What does IQ have to do with common sense? One can have the highest IQ in the world, and have no common sense and the inability to effectively communicate and interact with others.
Yes, but it is very unusual. People with high IQ's usually have excellent social skills because it is easy for them to learn what kinds of behavior are appropriate in various situations. For that same reason they usually have excellent communication skills. They can easily figure out how best to talk to someone.

The realities of global warming and IQ differences present extremes of the right and the left with existential challenges.

The reality of global warming means that we need major restrictions on private property rights and economic growth.

The reality of IQ differences means that economic equality and racial equality cannot be achieved without a tyrannical government.

Nevertheless, those on the right do not try to suppress the discussion of global warming. Those on the left do try to suppress the discussion of the reality and importance of IQ differences.
The people pushing the idea that humans control the weather also can’t define what a woman is.
Nuff said.

The people pushing the idea that humans control the weather also can’t define what a woman is.
Nuff said.
That is an example of the guilt by comparison fallacy. The same people can be correct about one issue, and mistaken about another.

The reality of global warming means that we need major restrictions on private property rights and economic growth.

No, you want major restrictions on private property rights and economic growth, so you believe in the reality of global warming to justify it.

Because, you know, people never give up their rights until they've been properly frightened.

No, you want major restrictions on private property rights and economic growth, so you believe in the reality of global warming to justify it.

Because, you know, people never give up their rights until they've been properly frightened.
You know as little about my thinking as you know about the science of climatology.

Attributing my opinions to my desires is an example of the ad hominem fallacy.

You know as little about my thinking as you know about the science of climatology.

Attributing my opinions to my desires is an example of the ad hominem fallacy.
I love climate conferences, it’s an air show every time.
1688736925352.png

Sure but since the IPCC report found the effects of global warming are not being observed in the southeastern US and el nino is largely a southeastern US problem, "settled science" disagrees with you.
The scientific experts agree with me. I understand the science. During the time dinosaurs lived the earth's climate was much warmer. Much of what is now the United States was underwater. Tropical plants lived closer to the north pole and the south pole. This was because the carbon dioxide contend of the atmosphere was higher.

Over a period of hundreds of millions of years plants removed carbon from the atmosphere in the process of photosynthesis. When the plants died they eventually became coal, petroleum, and natural gas. We can tell the climate cooled by the kinds of plants and animals that thrived.

By consuming fossil fuels we are reversing a process that took hundreds of millions of years in a few centuries. Consequently, the earth's climate is becoming warmer. This has been measured.

The realities of global warming and IQ differences present extremes of the right and the left with existential challenges.

The reality of IQ differences means that economic equality and racial equality cannot be achieved without a tyrannical government.

Nevertheless, those on the right do not try to suppress the discussion of global warming. Those on the left do try to suppress the discussion of the reality and importance of IQ differences.

Bring lots of guns.

People who hate science are unqualified to be believed on any topic involving science.
As I pointed out in my opening comment, people on both ends of the political spectrum disregard science when science presents them with political implications they dislike. Those on the right disregard the scientific evidence in favor of climate change. Those on the left ignore the importance of IQ, and of average differences in IQ between the races.

When determining what is true, ones thinking should be fact based, and not determined by what one wants to believe.

As I pointed out in my opening comment, people on both ends of the political spectrum disregard science when science presents them with political implications they dislike. Those on the right disregard the scientific evidence in favor of climate change. Those on the left ignore the importance of IQ, and of average differences in IQ between the races.

When determining what is true, ones thinking should be fact based, and not determined by what one wants to believe.
Science involves the creation of a hypothesis and then validation of that hypothesis with actual results.

Epic failure for the manmade global warming mythers.

Science involves the creation of a hypothesis and then validation of that hypothesis with actual results.

Epic failure for the manmade global warming mythers.
Your last sentence is based on nothing but wishful thinking.

Forum List

Back