GloBULL warming facts the left hates.

you were not thinking, that is the problem, you get your science from Foxnews and right wing politicians and then make stupid threads about a topic you are clueless about.

and it shows.
Yeah.. Fox News viewers probably didn't know the Polar Caps melted away years ago.

and your point is? how does that impact climate change?

Ugly fact yet to be disputed by the tree huggers:

If CO2, man made CO2 is the primary cause of global warming, it would make sense to look at the current level of CO2. We have about 450ppm CO2 right now. But we know in the past before man ever stepped foot on this planet it was 10 times higher sometimes, at 4500ppm. If whatever caused the huge increase in CO2 back then wasn't caused by man as he didn't even exist, what has happened in recent history that has eliminated it as a possibility of the CO2 in the atmosphere today?

Wow, nobody has ever thought of that before....you are so smart...Did you copy that straight from the FoxNews site?

Dinosaur Era Had 5 Times Today's CO2

Do high levels of CO2 in the past contradict the warming effect of CO2?

If CO2, man made CO2 is the primary cause of global warming, it would make sense to look at the current level of CO2. We have about 450ppm CO2 right now. But we know in the past before man ever stepped foot on this planet it was 10 times higher sometimes, at 4500ppm. If whatever caused the huge increase in CO2 back then wasn't caused by man as he didn't even exist, what has happened in recent history that has eliminated it as a possibility of the CO2 in the atmosphere today?

Wow, nobody has ever thought of that before....you are so smart...Did you copy that straight from the FoxNews site?

Skeptical science? LOL

Like I said, nobody has been able explain how before man was here CO2 was 10 times higher than today, yet man is destroying the planet.

Skeptical science? LOL

Like I said, nobody has been able explain how before man was here CO2 was 10 times higher than today, yet man is destroying the planet.

Climate Change: the new Totalitarianism.

Naive impressionable minds fall for this crap. What's more important than saving the world?

Reminds me of the late, great professor George Carlin, who delivered the greatest tirade of all time on this subject:

"We're so self-important. Everybody's gotta save something ... And the greatest arrogance of all: 'save the planet.' What? Are these f**king people kidding me? Save the planet? We don't even know how to take care of ourselves yet...we're gonna save the f**king planet?

I'm tired of f**king Earth Day, I'm tired of these self-righteous environmentalists, I'm tired of these white bourgeois liberals who think the only thing wrong with this country is that there aren't enough bicycle paths ... they don't give a shit about the planet ... not in the abstract they don't. You know what they're interested in? A clean place to live. Their own personal habitat. They're worried that someday, sometime in the future, they might be personally inconvenienced. ... There is nothing wrong with the planet. The planet is fine. The people are f**ked. Compared to the people, the planet is doing great. Did you ever think about the arithmetic? The planet has been here four and a half billion years. We've been here, what...maybe two-hundred thousand? And we've only been engaged in heavy industry for a little over two hundred years. Two hundred years versus four and a half billion. And somehow we have the conceit to think that we're a threat? That somehow we're going to put in jeopardy this beautiful little blue and green ball that's floating around the sun?"

"The planet has been through all kinds of things a lot worse than us. It's been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sunspots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles, hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and meteors and asteroids, worldwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages, and we think some plastic bags, and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference?"

Last edited:
Naive impressionable minds fall for this crap. What's more important than saving the world?

Reminds me of the late, great professor George Carlin, who delivered the greatest tirade of all time on this subject:

"We're so self-important. Everybody's gotta save something ... And the greatest arrogance of all: 'save the planet.' What? Are these f**king people kidding me? Save the planet? We don't even know how to take care of ourselves yet...we're gonna save the f**king planet?

I'm tired of f**king Earth Day, I'm tired of these self-righteous environmentalists, I'm tired of these white bourgeois liberals who think the only thing wrong with this country is that there aren't enough bicycle paths ... they don't give a shit about the planet ... not in the abstract they don't. You know what they're interested in? A clean place to live. Their own personal habitat. They're worried that someday, sometime in the future, they might be personally inconvenienced. ... There is nothing wrong with the planet. The planet is fine. The people are f**ked. Compared to the people, the planet is doing great. Did you ever think about the arithmetic? The planet has been here four and a half billion years. We've been here, what...maybe two-hundred thousand? And we've only been engaged in heavy industry for a little over two hundred years. Two hundred years versus four and a half billion. And somehow we have the conceit to think that we're a threat? That somehow we're going to put in jeopardy this beautiful little blue and green ball that's floating around the sun?"

"The planet has been through all kinds of things a lot worse than us. It's been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sunspots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles, hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and meteors and asteroids, worldwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages, and we think some plastic bags, and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference?"

Going to stand up comedians for your science is probably a losing proposition.

It's idiotic to think that the billions of cubic yards of exhausts from cars, factories, etc... do not have an impact on our planet's atmosphere.

It's equally idiotic to think that you can predict what the outcome of the billions of cubic yards of exhausts from cars, factories, etc... will have on a planetary scale.

Skeptical science? LOL

Laughs at his own invincible ignorance (without realizing). Then maintains that "nobody has been able to explain..." - based on his ignorance - when "no one has been able to make me understand..." would have been the correct proposition.

And yet:

So we see that comparisons of present day climate to periods 500 million years ago need to take into account that the sun was less active than now. What about times closer to home? The last time CO2 was similar to current levels was around 3 million years ago, during the Pliocene. Back then, CO2 levels remained at around 365 to 410 ppm for thousands of years. Arctic temperatures were 11 to 16°C warmer (Csank 2011). Global temperatures over this period is estimated to be 3 to 4°C warmer than pre-industrial temperatures. Sea levels were around 25 metres higher than current sea level (Dwyer 2008).

If climate scientists were claiming CO2 was the only driver of climate, then high CO2 during glacial periods would be problematic. But any climate scientist will tell you CO2 is not the only driver of climate. Climatologist Dana Royer says it best: "the geologic record contains a treasure trove of 'alternative Earths' that allow scientists to study how the various components of the Earth system respond to a range of climatic forcings." Past periods of higher CO2 do not contradict the notion that CO2 warms global temperatures. On the contrary, they confirm the close coupling between CO2 and climate.​

https://www.washingtonpost.com

2018 had a record low tornado count and predictions released this week say we will have even FEWER in 2019

Bout the time the left moves 9nto gloBULL cooling the cycle will change yet again. Just as it always has since the earths formation
Lol right so you are cherry picking a single natural disaster while ignoring the big increase in hurricanes, sea level rise and wildfires since the industrial revolution began. See the difference between you and me is that I accept your fact about tornadoes while you pretend it is the only fact on climate there is.

God it’s embarrassing sharing this country with republicans.

Let's say he could....it's not as if you would understand it.
1. The laws of thermodynamics say it can not happen.
2. Ocean thermoclines say it can not happen..

Yet some how you "believe".... Priceless....

Where did you get your degree in thermodynamics?
How about you post up the science that proves you can push heat down through a thermocline..

So you don't have a degree in thermodynamics? What do you have a degree in then?
You are in over your head and you do not know it yet...

Please show me how an atmospheric gas can warm to 700 meters in the ocean and pass thru an average of two thermal barriers. I'll wait as I am intrigued at the process and math you will need to present to prove this...
Only one of us ever pretended to be an expert here and that person refuses to tell us what he has a degree in.

Forum List

Back