Go ahead GOP. Defund Planned Parenthood. Show American women how much you care.

Free Pap smears and mammograms can be obtained through Medicare and your own OBGYN. You don't need PP for that.

PP doesn't offer mammograms.

They offer breast exams and arrange for mobile mammogram services in areas that don't have mammograms.

Planned Parenthood and Mammograms

The hospitals also have mobile mammogram programs. I know... I work for one that offers them.

So you just show up in a poor neighborhood unannounced and offer free mammograms to any woman who walks by on the street?

Or do you arrange to do so via a clinic like PP?

I am told that PP does not do mammograms, do you have evidence that they do?

They do breast exams and arrange for mobile mammogram services at their clinics.

Free Pap smears and mammograms can be obtained through Medicare or any other healthcare provider and your own OBGYN. You don't need PP for that.

You do if they are the only provider where you live.

Obama signed up record numbers of low income folks to Medicaid. There are facilities available and they are receiving subsidies to use them. Why should they settle for shoddy PP services again?

Onus is on you to prove that they are "shoddy".

Planned Parenthood gets poor reviews from some of their patients Saynsumthn s Blog

I have heard these complaint from patients myself .

They all say the same thing. They are treated like second class citizens.

Blogs and anecdotes are not factual data.

You can find dissatisfied customers anywhere and everywhere.

Of course there will some from PP. They are not angels of mercy and compassion. They are service providers in poor areas.

They probably have to deal with the mentally ill who don't have proper medications, drug addicts and alcoholics, homeless people and the rest.

Yes, I volunteer at an inner city soup kitchen and so I can well believe that there are complaints.

But unless you can provide data that the services are subpar there isn't anything factual to go on.

Ah... So it's to be expected because they ARE second class citizens. Got it.

PP doesn't offer mammograms.

They offer breast exams and arrange for mobile mammogram services in areas that don't have mammograms.

The hospitals also have mobile mammogram programs. I know... I work for one that offers them.

So you just show up in a poor neighborhood unannounced and offer free mammograms to any woman who walks by on the street?

They do breast exams and arrange for mobile mammogram services at their clinics.

So do all the hospitals. PP is not needed for that.

You do if they are the only provider where you live.

Obama signed up record numbers of low income folks to Medicaid. There are facilities available and they are receiving subsidies to use them. Why should they settle for shoddy PP services again?

Onus is on you to prove that they are "shoddy".

Planned Parenthood gets poor reviews from some of their patients Saynsumthn s Blog

I have heard these complaint from patients myself .

They all say the same thing. They are treated like second class citizens.

Blogs and anecdotes are not factual data.

You can find dissatisfied customers anywhere and everywhere.

Of course there will some from PP. They are not angels of mercy and compassion. They are service providers in poor areas.

They probably have to deal with the mentally ill who don't have proper medications, drug addicts and alcoholics, homeless people and the rest.

Yes, I volunteer at an inner city soup kitchen and so I can well believe that there are complaints.

But unless you can provide data that the services are subpar there isn't anything factual to go on.

Ah... So it's to be expected because they ARE second class citizens. Got it.

No, it is expected because nothing is ever perfect.

How many hospitals exist in poor areas?

Several. I live in one of the poorest states in the USA. And the hospital I work for has at least a dozen large medical centers across the state...as well as urgent care facilities and other medical buildings. And we are not the only major hospital in the state.

I'm enjoying how this PP thing is ripping the GOP apart. It's such sweet irony, to see their bestest plan backfiring on them. Half of the Republicans are hysterically screaming to defund PP, and the other half is getting cursed at by the crazies for not being totally insane.

While the democrats rip apart the babies

20,000 children will die today around the world that YOU can save.

If you were pro-life you'd be devoting your entire life to saving THOSE babies, whom you CAN save right now.

You don't because you don't believe in the sanctity of life.

We have two adopted children, your argument is moot. Oh....and until you step up, shut up

Doesn't matter, you let that many children die every single day. You are a world class hypocrite. And the thing is, you know it.

So from your evasion it's safe to assume you don't do a damn thing. Well except go to a forum and sling shit at ones that have made a difference. You're a fucking fraud and I'd be careful calling anyone a hypocrite....hypocrite

Its easy, if you claim to be a 'christian' and are 'pro-life', and you are allowing 20,000 children to die every single day that YOU COULD SAVE because you can't be bothered or you don't want to spend your money, then you aren't a Christian. You are a fraud.

I know you people like to try to deflect from the point and toss out red herring's and strawman arguments because you know the answer to the question is that you aren't Christians and you aren't pro-life.

You can't square this circle. Stop posting here and go save lives that are already on Earth. Otherwise you are a hypocrite when you try to claim any high ground re abortion.

Ad hominem attacks, red herrings, strawmen...this is what kristians use when they can't win the argument.

Buzz word: paint all women with the same brush.
Over 1.5 million abortions last year were performed, do you think that number consisted entirely of women living in poverty? Think about it for a minute; if that were true, PP would be out of business and those big salaries would be no more.
I'm pro-choice and believe that we each should be held accountable for our decisions and choices that we make; however, it doesn't mean that we should turn a blind eye to what's happening right under our noses.

Where did you get your numbers from?

Induced Abortion in the United States

• In 2011, 1.06 million abortions were performed, down 13% from 1.21 million in 2008.

• Forty-two percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes below 100% of the federal poverty level ($10,830 for a single woman with no children).[3]

• Twenty-seven percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes between 100–199% of the federal poverty level. * [3]​

There are only about 1 million abortions per year and that is still declining because of contraception provided by the ACA.

69% of all women who obtain abortions have incomes below 2 times the poverty level.

So yes, 4 in 10 do live in poverty and 3 in 10 live barely above the poverty level.

Those abortions are paid for by donations to PP.

60% of PP's funding comes from donations and yes, that is who is paying for those abortions so that PP doesn't "go out of business".

Fast Facts: U.S. Abortion Statistics | Fox News

If, as you say, abortions are paid in full by contributors who donate to PP, why then are subsidies given?
Who pays for PP's exorbitant staff salaries?
"69% of all women who obtain abortions have incomes below 2 times the poverty level." Do you find this statistic to be justifiable?
Where does sex education come into play?

My source was the respected nonpartisan Guttmacher Institute.

Anything that is provided via partisan sources like FauxNoise is less than credible IMO.

To answer your questions;

1. Taxpayer subsidies to PP are for the healthcare services such as papsmears and mammograms. Please note that it is illegal to use taxpayer funds for abortions. None of the taxpayer funds are used for abortions. That money comes exclusively from donations by supporters of PP.

2. Who says that they are "exorbitant"? FauxNoise? How do they reach that conclusion?

3. What needs to be justified about factual data. Go to Guttmacher and look at how they compile their data. It is all open and above board.

About the Guttmacher Institute

4. Sex education tells you about contraceptives. If you can't afford them the education is meaningless.

I've been taught to listen to all sides of an argument and then make a decision as to where you stand on the issue.
As I've said previously, I'm pro-choice because I think people should make their own decisions and choices concerning their lives, but they also should be held accountable for their choices and any repercussions that may follow.
"4. Sex education tells you about contraceptives. If you can't afford them the education is meaningless"
Admittedly, I find the #4 statement to be utterly unintelligent because you are limiting sex education to the act of copulation only, and to say that a person unable to afford any type of birth control nullifies sex education is off the charts for me.
PP does not offer mammograms, but they do offer services to women and men who otherwise might not have another source in their community, and they are to be commended for efforts.
Surely, you don't deny that there are depraved people walking among us, who would do anything for a dollar.
Unfortunately, these people work in positions where they are respected for helping the less fortunate, while at the same time, they are helping themselves to amass a fortune from the innocent.
The recent videos showing PP scheming in the shaded areas were upsetting to say the least, and people should not turn a blind eye because it's the politically correct thing to do.

Let me repeat what I heard you saying.

You were duped by the videos into believing that only "depraved people" are working in these positions so that they can take advantage of the less fortunate in order to help "themselves to amass a fortune from the innocent".

As someone who claims to "listen to all sides of an argument" why have you allowed yourself to be deceived by only one side and why are you ignoring the facts on the other side?

Here are some of the facts you might not be aware of;

1. The videos were deliberately and maliciously edited to deceive and inflame people about PP.

2. The videos falsely implied that PP was "profiting" from the illegal sales of baby parts.

3. The videos have not withstood independent scrutiny.

4. No one is amassing a fortune at the expense of the less fortunate.

What does it tell you about the anti-rights zealots who made those videos that they had to "bear false witness" in order to deceive you?

Abortion is an unfortunate fact of life and death. No laws banning abortion are going to stop them happening. They have been around for as long as recorded history and probably longer.

What we have today are standard protocols that must be adhered to. If they are being violated then hold those who violated them accountable.

But to deprive women at and below the poverty level without access to abortion services and other healthcare services is despicable and un-American. To do so on the basis of vile duplicitous canards spewed by anti-rights zealots is downright cowardly.

Their agenda is to impose a theocracy on this nation that would be worse than Sharia.

As an American I will stand against them and for the less fortunate and the unfairly impugned PP employees who have been besmirched by these scummy zealots.

See, I can use inflammatory language too.

Does that leave you confused?

Or do you want to take a step back and just look at the facts instead.

PP provides many services for those who otherwise don't have access to them. The extremist right has an agenda of doing what it can to harm the less fortunate in this nation. Damaging PP is part of that agenda.

What you heard and choose to hear may not be what others said or meant. Do you know the difference?
You are certainly displaying a sense of superiority and grandiosity in solely deeming that I have been duped by the latest PP videos. And, it's your words that only depraved people are working in these positions. That's not all what I said.

I've read articles and watched videos concerning all sides, and it is my pejorative to determine my stance. Why are you so concerned with my position?

You seem to speak authoritatively when you say the videos were deliberately and maliciously edited to deceive and inflame people about PP. I'm not inflamed, but I am conscientiously concerned as most people should be.
How do you know for a fact that people inside PP are not profiting from the sale of baby parts?
The videos have caused PP to be under investigation.
"No one is amassing a fortune at the expense of the less fortunate." That's a very inane statement.
Bobby Thompson, scammed $100 million with fake Navy vets charity. It happens each and every day.

There are right-wing and left-wing zealots in our country, and it is incumbent upon each and every one of us to gather facts and determine our own position.

I'm not trying to overturn Roe vs. Wade or circumvent a woman's right to choose. I'm only questioning what goes on in the dark corners of organizations that outsiders don't get to see, but oftentimes hear about in unfavorable ways.

I'm not confused because I don't listen to overwrought, overbearing know-it-alls who think one size fits all.

Several. I live in one of the poorest states in the USA. And the hospital I work for has at least a dozen large medical centers across the state...as well as urgent care facilities and other medical buildings. And we are not the only major hospital in the state.

And yet you complain about healthcare costs going up when you want to eliminate a major provider of healthcare to the poor and impose that burden on the most expensive provider in the entire system instead. PP is 60% funded by donations. How many hospitals receive their funding from donations, if any?

If you were pro-life you'd be devoting your entire life to saving THOSE babies, whom you CAN save right now.

We have two adopted children, your argument is moot. Oh....and until you step up, shut up

Doesn't matter, you let that many children die every single day. You are a world class hypocrite. And the thing is, you know it.

So from your evasion it's safe to assume you don't do a damn thing. Well except go to a forum and sling shit at ones that have made a difference. You're a fucking fraud and I'd be careful calling anyone a hypocrite....hypocrite

Its easy, if you claim to be a 'christian' and are 'pro-life', and you are allowing 20,000 children to die every single day that YOU COULD SAVE because you can't be bothered or you don't want to spend your money, then you aren't a Christian. You are a fraud.

I know you people like to try to deflect from the point and toss out red herring's and strawman arguments because you know the answer to the question is that you aren't Christians and you aren't pro-life.

You can't square this circle. Stop posting here and go save lives that are already on Earth. Otherwise you are a hypocrite when you try to claim any high ground re abortion.

Ad hominem attacks, red herrings, strawmen...this is what kristians use when they can't win the argument.

Stuff it, when you start doing what my husband and I do to help not only the children but the poor in general you will have some standing. But there is no doubt you do nothing....except sit on your computer and demand others do it. You're just another dumb ass left loon, not worth the powder to blow you to hell

And, it's your words that only depraved people are working in these positions. That's not all what I said.

Actually those are your exact words;

Surely, you don't deny that there are depraved people walking among us, who would do anything for a dollar.
Unfortunately, these people work in positions where they are respected for helping the less fortunate, while at the same time, they are helping themselves to amass a fortune from the innocent.

How do you know for a fact that people inside PP are not profiting from the sale of baby parts?

Because that is a violation of the law that I have quoted earlier in this thread. The onus is on you to prove that is happening. And no, the malicious videos do not prove that it is happening.

The videos have caused PP to be under investigation.

Because they are malicious lies that also duped a great many other people too.

"No one is amassing a fortune at the expense of the less fortunate." That's a very inane statement.

And yet those are your very own words that I was exposing;

I'm not confused because I don't listen to overwrought, overbearing know-it-alls who think one size fits all.

Ironic!

Buzz word: paint all women with the same brush.
Over 1.5 million abortions last year were performed, do you think that number consisted entirely of women living in poverty? Think about it for a minute; if that were true, PP would be out of business and those big salaries would be no more.
I'm pro-choice and believe that we each should be held accountable for our decisions and choices that we make; however, it doesn't mean that we should turn a blind eye to what's happening right under our noses.

• In 2011, 1.06 million abortions were performed, down 13% from 1.21 million in 2008.

• Forty-two percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes below 100% of the federal poverty level ($10,830 for a single woman with no children).[3]

• Twenty-seven percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes between 100–199% of the federal poverty level. * [3]​

There are only about 1 million abortions per year and that is still declining because of contraception provided by the ACA.

69% of all women who obtain abortions have incomes below 2 times the poverty level.

So yes, 4 in 10 do live in poverty and 3 in 10 live barely above the poverty level.

60% of PP's funding comes from donations and yes, that is who is paying for those abortions so that PP doesn't "go out of business".

If, as you say, abortions are paid in full by contributors who donate to PP, why then are subsidies given?
"69% of all women who obtain abortions have incomes below 2 times the poverty level." Do you find this statistic to be justifiable?

Anything that is provided via partisan sources like FauxNoise is less than credible IMO.

1. Taxpayer subsidies to PP are for the healthcare services such as papsmears and mammograms. Please note that it is illegal to use taxpayer funds for abortions. None of the taxpayer funds are used for abortions. That money comes exclusively from donations by supporters of PP.

2. Who says that they are "exorbitant"? FauxNoise? How do they reach that conclusion?

3. What needs to be justified about factual data. Go to Guttmacher and look at how they compile their data. It is all open and above board.

4. Sex education tells you about contraceptives. If you can't afford them the education is meaningless.

I've been taught to listen to all sides of an argument and then make a decision as to where you stand on the issue.
As I've said previously, I'm pro-choice because I think people should make their own decisions and choices concerning their lives, but they also should be held accountable for their choices and any repercussions that may follow.
"4. Sex education tells you about contraceptives. If you can't afford them the education is meaningless"
Admittedly, I find the #4 statement to be utterly unintelligent because you are limiting sex education to the act of copulation only, and to say that a person unable to afford any type of birth control nullifies sex education is off the charts for me.
PP does not offer mammograms, but they do offer services to women and men who otherwise might not have another source in their community, and they are to be commended for efforts.
The recent videos showing PP scheming in the shaded areas were upsetting to say the least, and people should not turn a blind eye because it's the politically correct thing to do.

You were duped by the videos into believing that only "depraved people" are working in these positions so that they can take advantage of the less fortunate in order to help "themselves to amass a fortune from the innocent".

As someone who claims to "listen to all sides of an argument" why have you allowed yourself to be deceived by only one side and why are you ignoring the facts on the other side?

1. The videos were deliberately and maliciously edited to deceive and inflame people about PP.

2. The videos falsely implied that PP was "profiting" from the illegal sales of baby parts.

What does it tell you about the anti-rights zealots who made those videos that they had to "bear false witness" in order to deceive you?

Abortion is an unfortunate fact of life and death. No laws banning abortion are going to stop them happening. They have been around for as long as recorded history and probably longer.

What we have today are standard protocols that must be adhered to. If they are being violated then hold those who violated them accountable.

But to deprive women at and below the poverty level without access to abortion services and other healthcare services is despicable and un-American. To do so on the basis of vile duplicitous canards spewed by anti-rights zealots is downright cowardly.

Their agenda is to impose a theocracy on this nation that would be worse than Sharia.

As an American I will stand against them and for the less fortunate and the unfairly impugned PP employees who have been besmirched by these scummy zealots.

PP provides many services for those who otherwise don't have access to them. The extremist right has an agenda of doing what it can to harm the less fortunate in this nation. Damaging PP is part of that agenda.
Abortion is murdering your baby....don't rationalize it by saying its a fact of life and death. The rest of your post is just as factual.

What do you personally do to save those children?

Links to prove "

2. The videos falsely implied that PP was "profiting" from the illegal sales of baby parts."

That is in progress and the full expose will be posted when it is finished. I will mention you so you will receive the notification when it is ready.

Ah, I see. You were talking out of you ass again. No problem.

Oh look!

Someone else is doing the same thing!

Group Behind Planned Parenthood Sting Video May Have Tricked IRS Donors

Group Behind Planned Parenthood Sting Video May Have Tricked IRS, Donors
The IRS thought it was some kind of biomedicine charity.

WASHINGTON -- The anti-abortion group that released an undercover "sting" video of a Planned Parenthood doctor this week appears to be a dummy nonprofit that may have deceived the Internal Revenue Service and the public about its mission.

The two-year-old Center for Medical Progress, which claims to be in the business of reporting on biomedical research, released undercover footage Tuesday of a Planned Parenthood doctor allegedly discussing the sale of fetal body parts after abortions. The video, which Planned Parenthood has denounced as misleading and heavily edited, was circulated widely and prompted House Republicans to launch an investigation into the family planning provider.

But as Slate reports, the Center for Medical Progress appears to be nothing more than a front organization for the anti-abortion group Live Action. That is not how the IRS understood it when considering the group's application for tax-exempt status, and not how the group originally presented itself to the public in soliciting donations.

According to new research by the Bridge Project, the policy arm of the progressive group American Bridge, the IRS granted the Center for Medical Progress tax-exempt status as a 501(c)3 nonprofit in 2013 under the classification code G92, which applies to biomedicine charities. In the National Taxonomy of Exempt Entities, which is used by the IRS, that classification covers "Diseases, Disorders, Medical Disciplines: Biomedicine, Bioengineering." So-called "right to life" groups, defined as groups that "support the passage of legislation which assigns legal rights to the unborn and seeks to criminalize the termination of unwanted pregnancies," have their own classification code with the IRS.

Eric Ferrero, vice president of Communications at Planned Parenthood, fired back at the Center for Medical Progress. He told HuffPost, "This group's outrageous claims about Planned Parenthood are flat-out lies, so it should be no surprise that they also lied and may have broken multiple laws in order to pull off this smear campaign. This is the latest in an eight-year-long string of false attacks and heavily edited videos that are all part of a political agenda to ban abortion completely and defund Planned Parenthood -- an agenda that the public overwhelmingly opposes."

If the Center for Medical Progress deliberately misled the IRS and donors about the nature of its nonprofit work, it could be subject to civil and criminal fraud penalties. IRS forms are signed under penalty of perjury, and a nonprofit misleading its donors about the nature of its work is "up there with all other kinds of fraud," according to Bruce Hopkins, an attorney who specializes in nonprofit law.

"The authorities have the right to shut down the charity, and the individuals behind the fraud can go to prison or pay a substantial fine," Hopkins said.

What do they call them when someone has been caught defrauding the IRS and lying to donors?

That's right, they call them criminals!

Let's see if they can wiggle out of deceiving the IRS.

Remember what happened to James O'Keef?

Yes, he has a criminal record too.

Can you guess who you will be making up feeble excuses for next?

I can.

:D

So says one of the spokes persons from the party of fear mongering and losers.

oh noseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

they are going to trot out the WAR on womeeeeeeen folks again IF you do

well shocking . losers what else do you have to run BUT FEAR mongering and lies

Abortion is murdering your baby....don't rationalize it by saying its a fact of life and death. The rest of your post is just as factual.

Murder is a legal term that refers to someone who is a separate individual with a legal birth certificate.

A fetus does not have a birth certificate and therefore does not fall under the same legal definition except in a few very rare instances.

Yes, the potential life of the fetus is terminated by the abortion. That happens millions of times every single day all around the world and they are called spontaneous abortions. Sometimes they happen early and sometimes they occur later but they are just the same as far as termination of the life of the fetus as an induced abortion.

Now are you going to file murder charges against all of the women who have spontaneous abortions too?

Because that is the exact same thing so don't try and rationalize it and say that it isn't.

Should every woman have to take a pregnancy test every month and if she miscarries you will file 2nd degree murder charges against her and send her to prison for life?

Is that what you are advocating?

And yet you complain about healthcare costs going up when you want to eliminate a major provider of healthcare to the poor and impose that burden on the most expensive provider in the entire system instead. PP is 60% funded by donations. How many hospitals receive their funding from donations, if any?

I would rather those funds go to help fund Obamacare since folks were forced to sign up and pay for it. Why shouldn't women go to the better doctors and services available to them?

PP can continue relying on donations to service the women who choose them.

Women do now have other choices available to them. Once given that information why would they chose PP when they can visit their own OBGYN that has their complete medical history on file?

Forum List

Back