God created evil for his pleasure. Do you recognize the pleasure of creating and doing evil?

That God is punishing others for Adam’s sin.

That we suffer physical death because of Adam’s sin.

That we have weeds in our garden because of Adam’s sin.

etc.

It's more a one time occurrence where A&E became flesh and blood and the off springs of them are flesh and blood. That's the physically dead part.

I think what is more important is to recognize you are spiritually dead due to Adam's sin. Thus, one has to be born again of the water to be saved.

You're right about the rest, but why aren't those allegory, too?
Not sure you understand what I am saying. I am saying I don’t believe God is punishing us.

God is dualistic and so is the universe as shown with the tree of good and evil.
What do you mean by dualistic universe?

It has hot and cold spots. Some of it is knowable and some, like behind the event horizon, are not. With man in it, it also has good and evil.

Yin and Yang are not in opposition. They compliment each other. More like front and back.

Regards
DL
In this regard it is possible to say that the world is 'three-alistic'. For example, some believe that a human being consists of three 'parts' - spirit, soul and body.

But I am more interested in how this dualism manifested itself in creation of say wild nature. Can you give some examples?

Sure.

It likely applies to everything. I have not tested all things though.

Fight/flight springs to mind. Hunger/sated, hot/cold,, awake/asleep, tired/energetic.

I think everything has an antonym.

Regards
DL

spirit, soul and body.

Spirit is life, the body is our form.

Describe what you mean by soul. Not woo I hope. If you say you have a soul, you should know what it is, otherwise it is just a hunch on your part.

I think it falls into the realm of the unknowable god concept, unless you have suffered your apotheosis like the very few of us have.

Regards
DL

No one would die for a righteous person but they would die for the weak person.

I will not agree as we have no way of knowing the real character of anyone. All we can see is what they want us to see.

I am sure that in this place, you have seen some get chastised because someone else's subjective thinking, saw them as evil which was a judgement you did not agree with.

Regards
DL

No I disagree, you can tell who has the holy spirit in them others do not.

Based on what if not just your subjective opinion opinion?

Regards
DL

Not sure what you mean by this post, so you saying you have no soul?

We do not define soul the same way.

Gnostic Christians hold no supernatural fantasy beliefs.

We have grown into mental maturity and put away the things of children as scriptures urge us to do.

Gnostic Jesus was questioned as to what sees the vision?

Primary Sources - The Gospel Of Mary | From Jesus To Christ | FRONTLINE | PBS

The Saviour answered and said, 'He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind which [is] between the two - that is [what] sees the vision...'

For where the mind is, there is the treasure.

Christianity does not quite agree, wording wise, with us.

Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

The treasure is in you and all you know enters you through your mind and consciousness. The mind is more of where the treasure is than the heart.

Our hearts just confirm that the vision is a treasure.

Regards
DL

I read the the gospel of mary , the other not canonized books of her, they came along in like the years four hundreds or so, way after the fact of Jesus.

The last book canonized was revelation 95 years after he died from the cross

We were talking definitions.

Who cares when the gospels were written and rewritten and plagiarized and rewritten again?

Regards
DL

It means alot, it's all about cannoizing the bible, protestants got rid of a bunch of old books in the bible because they where not written in Hebrew, when the Dead Sea scrolls where found they unearthed part of the book of Tobit written in Hebrew.. and the book of jude mentions the book of tobit found in the eastern orthodox catholic bible

It does not matter as the main ideology/theology is centred on the morality or immorality of using Jesus as a scapegoat.

Everything hinges on Jesus. I like that as many in the moral intelligentsia think that that immoral position is what will kill Christianity.

It is one moral tenet of many in Christianity that Christians cannot and do not dare argue for.

They know that there is no justice in a god who demands a bribe or sacrifice to change his usual judgements of punishing the guilty to punishing the innocent.

The brighter and more moral people get, the less they be Christians.

Regards
DL

What so now you going into the book of Mac? That's not even in the protestant bible?

We have grown into mental maturity and put away the things of children as scriptures urge us to do.

The Saviour answered and said, 'He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind which [is] between the two - that is [what] sees the vision...'

The treasure is in you and all you know enters you through your mind and consciousness. The mind is more of where the treasure is than the heart.

Regards
DL

I read the the gospel of mary , the other not canonized books of her, they came along in like the years four hundreds or so, way after the fact of Jesus.

Who cares when the gospels were written and rewritten and plagiarized and rewritten again?

Regards
DL

It means alot, it's all about cannoizing the bible, protestants got rid of a bunch of old books in the bible because they where not written in Hebrew, when the Dead Sea scrolls where found they unearthed part of the book of Tobit written in Hebrew.. and the book of jude mentions the book of tobit found in the eastern orthodox catholic bible

It does not matter as the main ideology/theology is centred on the morality or immorality of using Jesus as a scapegoat.

Everything hinges on Jesus. I like that as many in the moral intelligentsia think that that immoral position is what will kill Christianity.

It is one moral tenet of many in Christianity that Christians cannot and do not dare argue for.

They know that there is no justice in a god who demands a bribe or sacrifice to change his usual judgements of punishing the guilty to punishing the innocent.

Regards
DL

What so now you going into the book of Mac? That's not even in the protestant bible?

I am talking morals, you are talking books. If you want to get on that page, I am here for you. I am quite used to Christians and others running away from moral issues.

Regards
DL

Wait this is hitting a hot spot with you ..

I have been pushing you/ playing with you to see that if you had the the holy spirit in you..

Unfortunately I don't sense it

I don't really care as you have yet to describe what that is to you, and if it included woo or the supernatural, you show that I should not care about what you think because you are believing what your imagination has created.

All you can judge is my words and character. If you describe holy spirit as character, then your judgement might be sound.

Yes, I have a hot spot that hates to see Christian moral cowards be so brain dead that they cannot talk morals and ethics because they are sheeple and not able to think in moral terms.

That is why they can idol worship a genocidal god, and think such a moral monster to be good.

If you do not dislike to see good human potential wasted, you will hate that as well.

Regards
DL

Not buying it.

The evidence or consequence of Adam's sin is your flesh and blood body; it is what causes you to die. No flesh and blood will enter heaven per Jesus.

You are either gifted, or one hell of a liar.

You talk of the supernatural realm like you have been there, and if you have not, you are definitely a liar.

Tell us how you know the conditions in the supernatural and who set the conditions to get into heaven.

If you did not have an apotheosis, you cannot deny that you are a liar.

Regards
DL

God created evil for his pleasure. Do you recognize the pleasure of creating and doing evil?

Rev 4;11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Some people have what has been termed, the problem of evil. Many cannot fathom why, if god is good, he would create evil. Yet the scriptures are clear that god created evil for his pleasure.

It may be due to my criminal mind and delinquent attitude, but I think I know why. I wondered if you ands others had also dithered out a reasonable answer to show why sin and evil are required for god’s plan and our mental and moral development.

This fact is likely why the ancient Christians determined that sin was necessary for our development. They sing that Adam furthered god’s plan by his sin.

To them, even as Christianity and I clash, and the intelligent position, is that to not sin or do evil, is to derail god’s plan.

In this, issue, I happen to agree with the scriptures and Christians who say the sin and evil is good and necessary to god’s plan.

Do you?

Regards
DL
Yes God created darkness. In order to have free-will. You must have the ability to oppose a command.
It says that before the world was created. Darkness roamed around freely. But it couldn't enticed any of the beings to do its desires. It is because these beings didn't have free-will. Only gods have free-will. But all other beings are under God's command. Even including the devil. Even he have to obey God's commands.
But only the sons has free-will.

Matthew 4:10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’” 11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

Job 1:12 The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.” Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.

2 Samuel 24:16 When the angel stretched out his hand to destroy Jerusalem, the Lord relented concerning the disaster and said to the angel who was afflicting the people, “Enough! Withdraw your hand.” The angel of the Lord was then at the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite.

Luke 8:30 Jesus asked him, “What is your name?”

“Legion,” he replied, because many demons had gone into him. 31 And they begged Jesus repeatedly not to order them to go into the Abyss.

Luke 8:13 Those on the rocky ground are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away.

Hebrews 3:8 do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the wilderness,

Luke 22:31“Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”

Rev 4;11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Some people have what has been termed, the problem of evil. Many cannot fathom why, if god is good, he would create evil. Yet the scriptures are clear that god created evil for his pleasure.

It may be due to my criminal mind and delinquent attitude, but I think I know why. I wondered if you ands others had also dithered out a reasonable answer to show why sin and evil are required for god’s plan and our mental and moral development.

This fact is likely why the ancient Christians determined that sin was necessary for our development. They sing that Adam furthered god’s plan by his sin.

To them, even as Christianity and I clash, and the intelligent position, is that to not sin or do evil, is to derail god’s plan.

In this, issue, I happen to agree with the scriptures and Christians who say the sin and evil is good and necessary to god’s plan.

Do you?

Regards
DL
Yes God created darkness. In order to have free-will. You must have the ability to oppose a command.
It says that before the world was created. Darkness roamed around freely. But it couldn't enticed any of the beings to do its desires. It is because these beings didn't have free-will. Only gods have free-will. But all other beings are under God's command. Even including the devil. Even he have to obey God's commands.

Matthew 4:10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’” 11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

Job 1:12 The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.” Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.

2 Samuel 24:16 When the angel stretched out his hand to destroy Jerusalem, the Lord relented concerning the disaster and said to the angel who was afflicting the people, “Enough! Withdraw your hand.” The angel of the Lord was then at the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite.

“Legion,” he replied, because many demons had gone into him. 31 And they begged Jesus repeatedly not to order them to go into the Abyss.

Luke 8:13 Those on the rocky ground are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away.

Hebrews 3:8 do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the wilderness,

Luke 22:31“Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”

You cherry picked what you wanted while ignoring the scriptures that show we do not have the free will you describe.

We do have a free will, but not if you believe in your vile god.

You will see the appropriate quotes in the following, but you will likely reject what I thump for what you thump as they refute your views. Most know that the bible can be made to say whatever we want. That used to be good but turned to evil when Christians started to read their myths literally and foolishly. You took that literal view and I respond in kind.

----------
Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then there is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Regards
DL

Do you?

Regards
DL

You cherry picked what you wanted while ignoring the scriptures that show we do not have the free will you describe.

You will see the appropriate quotes in the following, but you will likely reject what I thump for what you thump as they refute your views. Most know that the bible can be made to say whatever we want. That used to be good but turned to evil when Christians started to read their myths literally and foolishly. You took that literal view and I respond in kind.

----------

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then there is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Regards
DL

Philippians 1:22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know!

James 4:4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

Genesis 3:17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’ “Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat food from it all the days of your life.

Do you?

Regards
DL

----------

Regards
DL

Philippians 1:22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know!

James 4:4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

Genesis 3:17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’ “Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat food from it all the days of your life.

Get on topic or get lost.

Regards
DL

God is dualistic and so is the universe as shown with the tree of good and evil.

It has hot and cold spots. Some of it is knowable and some, like behind the event horizon, are not. With man in it, it also has good and evil.

Yin and Yang are not in opposition. They compliment each other. More like front and back.

Regards
DL
In this regard it is possible to say that the world is 'three-alistic'. For example, some believe that a human being consists of three 'parts' - spirit, soul and body.

But I am more interested in how this dualism manifested itself in creation of say wild nature. Can you give some examples?

Sure.

Fight/flight springs to mind. Hunger/sated, hot/cold,, awake/asleep, tired/energetic.

Regards
DL
Well, yes many things have an antonym. But does it mean that the dualistic conseption is true?

In my understanding, if there are two sources of creation (even if they cooperate together as Yin and Yan) then there should be direct evidences of those two poles in their 'product'.

For example, a human being can be viewed as a physical body, as a manifest of the 'dark' side, with its instincts and sins, and a spiritual body or soul, as a manifest of the 'light' side, with its morality.

Something similar should be in other parts of material world, right? Can you give me such example in the world of animals?
I

spirit, soul and body.

Describe what you mean by soul. Not woo I hope. If you say you have a soul, you should know what it is, otherwise it is just a hunch on your part.

I think it falls into the realm of the unknowable god concept, unless you have suffered your apotheosis like the very few of us have.

Regards
DL
I can't give you an answer about a soul. I don't know, really.

The conception of soul can be easily explained based on dualistic worldview. And there was the time when I was leaning towards it. But now not that much.

spirit, soul and body.

Regards
DL

The conception of soul can be easily explained based on dualistic worldview. And there was the time when I was leaning towards it. But now not that much.

You seem to be contradicting yourself.

What explanation, duality wise? What is the Yang to go with the Yin/soul? What is the antonym?

Regards
DL

Not buying it.

The evidence or consequence of Adam's sin is your flesh and blood body; it is what causes you to die. No flesh and blood will enter heaven per Jesus.

You are either gifted, or one hell of a liar.

You talk of the supernatural realm like you have been there, and if you have not, you are definitely a liar.

Tell us how you know the conditions in the supernatural and who set the conditions to get into heaven.

If you did not have an apotheosis, you cannot deny that you are a liar.

Regards
DL
I suspect your perception of the supernatural realm and God is a fucked perception.

I find it hilarious that you pretend to be a Gnostic Christian and don’t believe in a supernatural realm. Your subversion of Christianity has no bounds or logic.

spirit, soul and body.

Regards
DL

What explanation, duality wise? What is the Yang to go with the Yin/soul? What is the antonym?

Regards
DL
Being a Gnostic Christian you should be well versed in duality as Gnostic Christians believe in two Gods. The evil God which is the God of the OT and the God of the material realm and the good God which is the God of the NT and the spiritual realm. Hence duality; material and spirit.

Do you?

Regards
DL

----------

Regards
DL

Get on topic or get lost.

Regards
DL

Look it is obvious why God gave them rules to follow. It says to prolong their days and make them become more successful.
have you noticed that hardly no one during the time after the Exodus and before they became slaves by the Babylonians. That none of them were suffering from any diseases and disabilities.
But when Jesus came. He had many to heal.
The reason why the crippled, the deaf and blind asked for forgiveness. They did not followed his laws. The laws was to prevent these things from happening to them. But they choose not to listened.
That is how God knew that they has kept his laws. like how He knew that Adam and Eve ate from the tree that they weren't suppose to eat from. It is because they were aware that they were naked. But before, they didn't knew.
And so. It is our choice if we want to live with AIDS or not.

spirit, soul and body.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
The Yang - physical body (instincts and sin)
The Yin - spiritual body (morality).

spirit, soul and body.

Regards
DL

Do you mind if I asked what changed?

Regards
DL

Sure.

Regards
DL
Well, yes many things have an antonym. But does it mean that the dualistic conseption is true?

In my understanding, if there are two sources of creation (even if they cooperate together as Yin and Yan) then there should be direct evidences of those two poles in their 'product'.

For example, a human being can be viewed as a physical body, as a manifest of the 'dark' side, with its instincts and sins, and a spiritual body or soul, as a manifest of the 'light' side, with its morality.

Something similar should be in other parts of material world, right? Can you give me such example in the world of animals?
I
That is actually very close to the Gnostic view. I don’t agree with it but that’s their worldview.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I am talking morals, you are talking books. If you want to get on that page, I am here for you. I am quite used to Christians and others running away from moral issues.

Regards
DL

Wait this is hitting a hot spot with you ..

I have been pushing you/ playing with you to see that if you had the the holy spirit in you..

Unfortunately I don't sense it

I don't really care as you have yet to describe what that is to you, and if it included woo or the supernatural, you show that I should not care about what you think because you are believing what your imagination has created.

All you can judge is my words and character. If you describe holy spirit as character, then your judgement might be sound.

Yes, I have a hot spot that hates to see Christian moral cowards be so brain dead that they cannot talk morals and ethics because they are sheeple and not able to think in moral terms.

That is why they can idol worship a genocidal god, and think such a moral monster to be good.

If you do not dislike to see good human potential wasted, you will hate that as well.

Regards
DL
Morals are effectively standards. Standards exist for a reason. When one deviates from the standard and normalize their deviance to that standard eventually the reason the standard exists will make itself known. The reason for this is that error cannot stand, eventually error fails.

So your assumption that we can’t discuss morals is false. Given that you deviate from the standard of respect in almost all of your posts for no other reason than someone disagrees with you, I believe it is you that cannot discuss morals.

Forum List

Back