Zone1 God's Holy Gift for God's Holy People

Meriweather

Not all who wander are lost
Oct 21, 2014
God’s Holy Gift for God’s Holy People” is proclaimed in most Eastern Orthodox Catholic Churches before the distribution of Communion.

In the Western Catholic Church, it is also taught as communion in holy things among God’s holy people. ‘Holy’ is defined as being set apart to glorify God by the works in our own lives.

From the Catechism of the Catholic Church (Paragraphs 955-956):

955 "So it is that the union of the wayfarers with the brethren who sleep in the peace of Christ is in no way interrupted, but on the contrary, according to the constant faith of the Church, this union is reinforced by an exchange of spiritual goods."

956 The intercession of the saints. "Being more closely united to Christ, those who dwell in heaven fix the whole Church more firmly in holiness.... They do not cease to intercede with the Father for us, as they proffer the merits which they acquired on earth through the one mediator between God and men, Christ Jesus.... So by their fraternal concern is our weakness greatly helped."

Do not weep, for I shall be more useful to you after my death and I shall help you then more effectively than during my life. (Saint Dominic)

What say you: Do people tend to shy away from being holy? Do they tend to take being holy for granted?

So, Saint Dominic believes he will go to heaven immediately upon his death, even before the Judgment? Did no righteous persons die before it was written that "no man has ascended to heaven, except he who came down from heaven"?

So, Saint Dominic believes he will go to heaven immediately upon his death, even before the Judgment? Did no righteous persons die before it was written that "no man has ascended to heaven, except he who came down from heaven"?
The righteous persons who died before Jesus died could not ascend to heaven when they died. They all went to Sheol, to Abraham’s bosom, because no one had paid for their sins. Once Jesus was crucified and died, he descended down into Sheol and he was able to open the doors to heaven. He was the perfect sacrifice, the Lamb.

Since then, when righteous people die, they can go straight to heaven.

The Catholic Church teaches there are two judgments: One private (the particular judgment immediately following death); the second one public (Final Judgment) that occurs at the Last Day. A private personal judgment following death can be noted in Luke, Chapter 16; Matthew, Chapter 16; 2 Corinthians 5:8; Philippians 1:23; Hebrews, 9:27 and 12:23.

Nope cannibalism is consumption of the same species, living or dead.
I've looked before and never have found an incidence of cannibalism of eating a living being. By definition, flesh removed from a body is no longer living but dead. But this isn't your point. Your point is to accuse believers of being cannibals. Why do you hate/hold us in such contempt?

I've looked before and never have found an incidence of cannibalism of eating a living being. By definition, flesh removed from a body is no longer living but dead. But this isn't your point. Your point is to accuse believers of being cannibals. Why do you hate/hold us in such contempt?
Whether you found it or not it's not part of the definition.

As far as why I dislike organized religion it's because I have seen the harm it does.

Leave these childish fantasies and join reality.

Forum List

Back