God's Wrath Against Mankind

Bones probably also means well with her comments. She is wrong that Jesus came only for the Jews.
Bones is 100% correct.

Jesus said in his own words the he only came for the 'House of Israel' and not the gentiles.

Matthew 15:24 "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Then when the Canaanite woman kept begging Jesus to heal her daughter from demonic possession.

Matthew 15:26 "He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to the dogs."

In essence, Jesus was calling the gentile people 'dogs' (filthy) and wanted nothing to do with them. .. :cool:

This is something about which I agree 100%.

I don't know how anyone can rationalize away verses so indicative of his personal sentiments.

To Jesus who said that he did not come to bring peace but a sword, 'the nations' were the enemy.

Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them. Jeremiah 25:15

Here the sword is clearly identified as a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine. The following verses, Jeremiah 25:15-38 echo the words of Jesus when giving the so called great commission.

From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations. rev 19:15

The cup of wine identified in Jeremiah as the sword, a curse, comes out of his mouth.

Then he took a cup of wine, gave it to his disciples and said, "Take this cup and drink from it, this is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant."

Just art thou in these thy judgments, thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink. rev. 16:5

Last edited:
The Weak and the Strong

Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man that does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him.

Who are you to judge someone else's servant?

To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

One man considers one day more sacred than another, another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God, and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

For none of us lives to himself alone, If we live we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother?

For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.

It is written:

As surely as I live, says the Lord,
every knee shall bow,
and every tongue will confess
to God.

So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put a stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way. As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself.

But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean. If your brother is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy your brother for whom Christ died. Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil.

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, brecause anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men.

Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother to fail.

So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves. But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not done from faith and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

Romans 14: 1 - 23

Sunniman and hobelim argue for the 'Jews only' theory.

And yet the one closest to Jesus and the one who understood him the best and took the time to quote his teachings more completely than any other was John. And he said:

"For God so loved the WORLD--(not the Jews, not the Gentiles, not the citizens of Judah or the people of the Roman Empire or the Sadducees or Pharisees or any other Jewish sects, but the WORLD)--that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him would not perish, but would have everylasting life." John 3:16

Further Jesus used non Jews, such as in the story of the Good Samaritan, to illustrate what God wants of us.

The other Apostles, those closest to Jesus and the men that knew him best, also did not feel constrained to limit their ministry to the Jews. They baptized the Roman Centurion who they determined believed. And the Apostle Paul, like Jesus, went first to the Synagogues, but when he was rejected there, he focused his ministry on the Gentiles. Most theologians interpret Peter's vision of the sheet as not really a relaxation of kosher rules for the Jews but rather a declaration that Jews and Gentiles alike are included in God's promise of salvation and eternal life.

Jesus's great Commission:

Matthew 28:18-20
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (NIV)

Cherry picking verses from Scripture and holding them up as the way it is will almost always result in theological misinterpretation. The way the Bible was edited together makes it tempting to do that. But unless the story of the People of God and God's relationship with them is taken as a whole, the interpreter will almost always get it wrong.

Last edited:
It is written:

We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not please ourselves. Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. Even as Christ did not please himself but, as it is written:

The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God. For I tell you that Christ has become a servant of the Jews on behalf of God's truth, to confirm the promises made to the patriarchs so that the Gentiles may glorfiy God for his mercy, as it is written:

Therefore, I will praise you among the Gentiles, I will sing hymns to your name.

Again, it says:

Rejoice, O Gentiles, with his people.

And again,

Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles,
and sing praises to him, all you peoples.

and again, Isaiah says,

"The Root of Jesse will spring up,
one who will rise to rule over the nations,
the Gentiles will hope in him."

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

I myself am convinced, my brothers, that you yourselves are full of goodness, complete in knowledge, and competent to instruct one another. I have written you quite boldly on some points, as if to remind you of them again, because of the grace God gave me to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles with the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering, acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

Therefore, I glory in Christ Jesus in my service to God. I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in leading the Gentiles to obey God by what I have said and done - by the power of the Spirit.

So from Jerusalem all the way around Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Jesus Christ. It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known, so that I would not be building on someone else's foundation. Rather, as it is written:

Those who were not told about him will see,
and those who have not heard will understand.

This is why I have often been hindered in my coming to you.

Romans 15: 1 - 22

Paul's Plan to Visit Rome

It is written:

But now there is no more place for me to work in these regions, and since I have been longing for many years to see you, I plan to do so when I go to Spain.

I hope to visit you while passing through and to have you assist me on my journey there, after I have enjoyed your company for a while. Now, however, I am on my way to Jerusalem in the service of the saints there.

For Macedonia and Achaia were pleased to make a contribution for the poor among the saints in Jerusalem. They were pleased to do it, and indeed they owe it to them. For if the Gentiles have share in the Jews spiritual blessing, they owe it to the Jews to share with them their material blessings.

So after I have completed this task and made sure that they have received this fruit, I will go to Spain and visit you on the way. I know that when I come to you, I will come in the full measure of the blessings of Christ.

I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by prayng to God for me, Pray that I may be rescued, from the unbelievers in Judea and that my service in Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints there, so that by God's will I may come to you with joy and together with you be refreshed. The God of peace be with you all. Amen.

- Romans 15: 23 - 33

foxy see the bible verse i quoted...jesus plainly states he comes only for the jews..and then the disciples convince him that that just looks bad...people need to read the bible they are so popular in using ....

i quit reading jeremiah a while ago but do read other comments....

it is so called christains like this that drive people from the church...

perhaps the op is new in the lord and has that new christain rush they get and want to share

Personal Greetings

I commend to you our sister, Phoebe, a servant of the church in Cenchrea. I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints and to give her any help she may need from you, for she has been a great help to many people, including me.

Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus. They risked their lives for me. Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them.

Greet also the church that meets at their house.

Greet my dear friend Epenetus, who was the first convert to Chrsit in the province of Asia.

Greet Mary, who worked very hard for you.
Greet Adronicus and Junias, my relatives who have been to prison with me. They are outstanding among the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was.

Greet Ampliatus, whom I love in the Lord.
Greet Urbanus, our fellow worker in Christ, and my dear friend Stachys.

Greet Apelles, tested and approved in Christ.

Greet those who belong to the household of Aristobulus.

Greet Herodion, my relative.
Greet those in the household of Narcissus who are in the Lord.

Greet Tryphena and Tryphoosa, those women who work hard in the Lord.

Greet my dear friend Persis, another woman who worked very hard in the Lord.

Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, and his mother, who has been a mother to me, too.

Greet Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermes, Patrobas, Hermas and the brothers with them.

Greet Philologus, Julia, Nereus, and his sister, and Olympas and all the saints with them.

Greet one another with a holy kiss.

All the churches of Christ send greetings.

I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.

For such people are not serving our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.

Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I am full of joy over you, but I want you to be wise about what is good and innocent and what is evil.

The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Timothy, my fellow worker, sends his greetings to you, as do Lucius, Jason, and Sosipater, my relatives.

I, Tertius, who wrote down this letter, greet you in the Lord.

Gaius, whose hospitality I and the whole church here enjoy, sends you his greetings.

Erastus, who is the city's director of public works, and our brother Quartus send you their greetings.

Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him- to the one wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

Romans 16: 1 - 27

foxy see the bible verse i quoted...jesus plainly states he comes only for the jews..and then the disciples convince him that that just looks bad...people need to read the bible they are so popular in using ....

perhaps the op is new in the lord and has that new christain rush they get and want to share

Au contraire, Jeri is as devout a Christian as you will find in any church. Her particular need to proselytize is not "driving" anyone here away from anything. For her this is a legitimate avenue for her to live her beliefs. If she were doing this in another forum you might have a point but she clearly informed everyone of her intent in the OP and she is doing it in the appropriate forum. You are not beholden to read any of her posts in this thread or any other.

Jeri has her right to express her faith just as you have your right to yours and your right to express your opinion. But your criticism of her is unjustified in my opinion. She is not knocking on your door and refusing to leave until you listen to what you have to say. You are free to ignore her therefore she is well within her rights to post as she sees fit.

I saw the Bible verse you quoted and I also see the Bible verses I quoted. Both cannot be correct and are clearly contradictory if translated through literal 21st Century eyes who see them as they would be understood here and now. But to fully understand what the Bible teaches, it has to be understood as it was understood through the eyes of those who were living it and/or who wrote down the words, everything within its full context and not necessarily where the editors assigned it in the books of the Bible.

So to the Bible scholar it makes sense that those called to teach and preach the Gospel would go first to the Jews, the chosen people of God, before going to the Gentiles. Jesus was quite clear that his mission was salvation and eternal life for both aka all. And it is also understandable that Matthew and Mark, coming from a Jewish tradition, would emphasize that more than Luke who took a more ecumenical approach both in the Gospel and the Book of Acts attributed to the same author.

Why the Jews first? Because they had the advantage of the scriptures, the teachings, the prophecies that most of the Gentiles would have no clue about. And it was from THEM that the first disciples, both the Apostles and many others, were recruited to begin the work of establishing Jesus's Church on Earth.

And I agree with DT that Jeri has done nothing to merit judgment or criticism nor has she done anything to call her Christianity into question. If she felt called to start this thread, power to her. Those who don't like it are not coerced or pressured into participating in it in any way.

Last edited:
I saw the Bible verse you quoted and I also see the Bible verses I quoted. Both cannot be correct and are clearly contradictory if translated through literal 21st Century eyes who see them as they would be understood here and now. But to fully understand what the Bible teaches, it has to be understood as it was understood through the eyes of those who were living it and/or who wrote down the words.

So to the Bible scholar it makes sense that those called to teach and preach the Gospel would go first to the Jews, the chosen people of God, before going to the Gentiles. Jesus was quite clear that his mission was salvation and eternal life for both aka all. And it is also understandable that Matthew and Mark, coming from a Jewish tradition, would emphasize that more than Luke who took a more ecumenical approach both in the Gospel and the Book of Acts attributed to the same author.

God pretty much offered the kingdom to come earlier if one of the Kings of Israel believed which would have made the story of Christianity in a different order than it is today.

One of the problems of dispensationalism is that one or more of those who teach it say there is more than one gospel which raises red flags of those who only know Bible because there is only one gospel. I believe that if the Jews predominantly believed then and there, the 1,000 year reign of Christ would probably have happened then and there so I think it was more method that we are arguing over because it was always His intention that His temple be a place of prayer for all people:

"Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.:-Isaiah 56:7

Isaiah 56:7 these I will bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations."

I saw the Bible verse you quoted and I also see the Bible verses I quoted. Both cannot be correct and are clearly contradictory if translated through literal 21st Century eyes who see them as they would be understood here and now. But to fully understand what the Bible teaches, it has to be understood as it was understood through the eyes of those who were living it and/or who wrote down the words.

God pretty much offered the kingdom to come earlier if one of the Kings of Israel believed which would have made the story of Christianity in a different order than it is today.

One of the problems of dispensationalism is that one or more of those who teach it say there is more than one gospel which raises red flags of those who only know Bible because there is only one gospel. I believe that if the Jews predominantly believed then and there, the 1,000 year reign of Christ would probably have happened then and there so I think it was more method that we are arguing over because it was always His intention that His temple be a place of prayer for all people:

"Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.:-Isaiah 56:7

Isaiah 56:7 these I will bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations."

Yes, Jesus never intended to leave anybody out. And it is also written that those who have ears to hear will hear, and that the mysteries of salvation and eternal life are discernable only by the power of the Holy Spirit.

John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. (This promise was made in the first instance to the Apostles, but the Apostles themselves applied it to all believers.)

And the Apostle Paul, writing to the Corinthians:
1 Corinthians 2:9-14 [9] However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" -- [10] but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. [11] For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. [12] We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. [13] This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. [14] The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I have devoted a good deal of my life to studying, researching, writing and teaching the roots from which the Bible emerged as the scriptures that we have, and I don't pretend to understand and know the whys or hows or whens of a lot of it to this day. But I comfort myself for my lack of knowledge with the belief that if we were able to fully explain, define, and understand God, he wouldn't be much of a God. :)

So I take comfort in the belief that God indeed works in mysterious ways and we don't have to know every detail or make sense of it in 21st Century concepts. It is amazing stuff just the same.

Last edited:

And yet the one closest to Jesus and the one who understood him the best and took the time to quote his teachings more completely than any other was John. And he said:

"For God so loved the WORLD--(not the Jews, not the Gentiles, not the citizens of Judah or the people of the Roman Empire or the Sadducees or Pharisees or any other Jewish sects, but the WORLD)--that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him would not perish, but would have everylasting life." John 3:16
I quote the words directly attributed to Jesus.

Yet you would rather accept the words of someone with No last name called John. ( who may or may not have personally known Jesus) and was written decades after Jesus was long gone from the scene. .. :eusa_hand:

man?

are you sure about that kg?

matthew 15:24

no one is witnessing here...now are they...more like just cutting and pasting....

The Spirit of God is in the Word of God, so reciting the holy word is absolutely, 100 percent witnessing.

Different people witness in different ways, but the Jews and participants in any real religion see recitation of holy words to be a holy and blessed endeavor.

The bible definitely says that Christ came for the Jews, but he also came for the World, and the word is quite definite about it. Don't make the mistake of believing that every utterance of the bible is meant in only one way, or that context doesn't matter. Context does matter, and while each letter of the Word can be taken at face value and trusted as the one and only truth, it can also be viewed contextually, and it may provide a completely different (and yet not contradictory) meaning when it does so.

If you want to troll threads where people are doing no more than reciting the word, you might want to actually read a little of the word you want to jeer about, before you interrupt in order to snark about nothing. If you just want to attack Christians, be honest and just start threads for that purpose, instead of pretending you're just *discussing* the topic.

Yet you would rather accept the words of someone with No last name called John. ( who may or may not have personally known Jesus) and was written decades after Jesus was long gone from the scene. .. :eusa_hand:

And the words you attribute to Jesus, were those recorded? By whom? For what purpose? Do you really think the synoptic gospels were written down all at once by somebody following Jesus around and taking dictation? The Synoptic gospels were compiled from dozens, if not hundreds of notes and small manuscripts and edited together to make a doctrinal statement. Most of the words attributed to Jesus are pericopes or short sayings that people committed to memory and were decades later gathered together and knitted into one manuscript to be read in the early churches.

Did Jesus say every syllable exactly as it was remembered and written down? Who knows? But the Jews had been practicing oral tradition for millenia and were very good at it, so we can be pretty sure they got most of it right. But are most if not all the pericopes we have entirely out of context, both chronologically and historically, in the New Testament? Most likely. And can we believe that the Spirit of God was participating in what materials were included and what was not? Given the profound life changing affect and influence the New Testament has had for more than 2000 years, I have to believe that it was.

The Gospel according to John is far more likely to have been composed by one author than any of the synoptic gospels. And to the discerning reader, it had to be written by one who knew Jesus intimately and understood what he was all about.

The synoptic gospels are theological statements relating the fulfilment of prophecy and the foundation of the Gospel. The Gospel according to John gives us a profound insight into the mind and teaching of somebody the Disciples loved and knew as their Lord and God.

From what I've heard is that the gospels were first written down on Papyrus which not only helped the faith spread quicker but they wore out and they were copied down.

Some time ago I was watching Dr. John Ankerberg on television working backwards through dates and he gave an earlier date. I will have to look it up in my files but I also have a book on an early fragment which was found which has an earlier date.

The fact that both conservatives (F. F. Bruce, John Wenham) and liberals (Bishop John A. T. Robinson) have penned defenses of early dating for the New Testament is a witness to the strength of the data for an early date. For example, in Redating Matthew, Mark and Luke, noted conservative British scholar John Wenham presents a convincing argument that the synoptic Gospels are to be dated before 55 A.D. He dates Matthew at 40 A.D. (some tradition says the early 30s); Mark at 45 A.D. and Luke no later than 51-55 A.D.[1]

German papyrologist Carsten Peter Thiede has argued that the Magdalen papyrus, containing snippets of three passages from Matthew 26, currently housed at Oxford Univer*sity, are actually the oldest fragments of the New Testament, dating from about 70 A.D. Thiede’s book, Eyewitness to Jesus (Doubleday, 1995), points out that the Magdalen papyrus is written in Uncial style, which began to die out in the middle of the first century. In addition, the fragments are from a codex,[2] containing writing on both sides of the papyri, which may have been widely used by Christians in the first century since they were easier to handle than scrolls. Further, at three places on the papyri the name of Jesus is written as KS, which is an abbreviation of the Greek word kyrios or Lord. Thiede argues that this shorthand is proof that early Christians considered Jesus a sacred name just as the devout Jews shortened the name of God to YHWH. This would indicate a very early belief for the deity of Christ.

The Historical Reliability of the New Testament Text-Part 4 - JASWiki

I am not ashamed to preach the gospel, because it is the power of God, for the salvation of everyone who believes, first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written, the just shall live by faith. - Romans 1: 16, 17
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe the judgment of God is coming upon America swiftly.. The days ahead are going to be perilous, indeed they are already perilous and trying the souls of men. I believe the following is a right now word from heaven on where we are and what we must do about it..

I disagree. I think you kids are beautiful and smart and you're right on Evolutionary track for this worlds shot at the stars and true Sentience.

Stay curious, keep learning, and never stop living the life you know of, no matter what promises are made.

You kids ROCK! :rock:

:beer: To the Stars!​

God is a nice guy

He doesn't do shit like that

I believe that was the purpose of much of Paul's teachings, RW. The Book of Romans is not my opinion or the opinion of some man... this was inspired teaching, exhortation, correction, rebuke from the Lord through one of his apostles. To the Jew first, then to the Gentile.. the message is Divine in its origination and as such should be respected for what it is - the Word of God. It is the salvation message to the Jew first and then to the Gentile.

It isn't unusual for people to react with shock over the undiluted message of the Gospel as very few teach from it any longer. The focus these days is on other matters that do not confront the condition of man without God. Nevertheless, that is God's greatest concern. Why? Because of His great love for us. What is his greatest concern? That all would repent of their sins ( we have all fallen short - all have sinned - not one is perfect - not one ) accept the pardon of Christ at the Cross by his shed blood, be reconciled back to Him ( and be baptized) , receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit and begin a life of obedience / sanctification unto the Lord. It is past time now. The hour is late - it is time to come in! Even at that time the preacher said, it is time for us to awake out of our slumber! How much more so it right now time to wake up? You see? This is not a message of the wrath of God but rather how to escape the wrath of God which is most certainly on its way! Even at the door!

funny kg...the intolerance you show to anyone who doesnt jump on your god wagon...i have not attacked anyone for the beliefs...only stating what the bible says..and for some reason that upsets you?

Forum List

Back