God's Wrath Against Mankind

I'll bet your gramma told you "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say nothing at all". This isn't a controversial thread, it wasn't about a guy jumping all over people to tell them about how stupid and silly they are, it was just a guy reciting the bible. And you saw fit to jump in the middle and act like a bitch for no other reason than the Word burns your eyes. Take it somewhere else. Nobody called you out, nobody asked you to participate, nobody criticized you. But you thought it was your job to jump in and say "you call THAT witnessing?" and otherwise make fun of the endeavor.

Troll a different thread. I don't have any tolerance for Christian haters who actually seek out christians to point fingers, ridicule, and attack. If you want to discuss the topic, then actually discuss the topic and come adequately informed. Don't just throw out random silliness and expect it to actually hold water. It's obvious to me and anyone else who watches you do this that your only interest is to disparage and ridicule...you aren't interested in what's being said, you just want to jeer at the people who dare to say it, and grab random and misinterpreted biblical verse and throw it in to disrupt the actual discussion.

It's the work of the devil, honestly, and it makes me sad..but also angry...to see you do it.

Last edited:
God is a nice guy

He doesn't do shit like that

I remember running to a house as a kid because two kids wanted to beat me up for fun. They bloodied my nose and the woman of the house refused to do anything to help me.

Good can't be good unless "goodness" is moral and if God doesn't punish sin then He can't be just or good.

Even a lost person can be "good" as the world defines "good", Chuck, but the scriptures declare none are good - not even one. Which is why even "good people" must be born again ( John 3:16 ) in order to enter the kingdom of heaven.

God is good. Yes. Every day we see this as He is longsuffering, patient and uses His kindness to lead the world to repentance. But God is not only "good"... God is "HOLY".

The Holiness of God is not to be taken lightly. He has told the people what He requires: To be washed in the Blood of Jesus Christ so that we may be cleansed of our sins and all unrightousness.. that we may put on the garment of Christ... and become sons of God.. no longer living for ourselves but for Him!

That holy man of God - Gurnall - had it right in stating this: If God's enemies continue to harden themselves against truth by refusing to repent, destruction is all they can look forward to. They are like animals "made to be taken and destroyed".. ( 2 Peter 2:12 )

The Sword of the Word has a long reach. It as at the breast of every enemy God has. And although they may feel secure and powerful, sooner or later God will open one door or another to let destruction come in on them.

The prophet expressed the impending ruin of the Philistines by announcing: Woe unto the inhabitants of the sea coast......the word of the Lord is against you. ( Zephaniah 2:5 ) as if he was saying, You are a lost people and the whole world cannot save you now, because the Word of the Lord is against you.

Like lightning, the curse of the Word burns the very root of sin. All seven nations of Caanan fell into the mouth of Israel as ripe fruit falls into the mouth of the one who shakes the tree. The Word of the Lord had gone before them and the fate of their foes was certain.

Too often we look at government as the forces that control the earth's affairs, yet these are no more than a fly on the wheel. It is the Word of God which decides all that is done on the world's stage. I have this day set thee over nations and over the kingdoms to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy.......to build and to plant. ( Jeremiah 1: 10 ) The whole earth is God's and who has the power to build on His ground, or pull down, but Himself?

God is sending a final warning to the people because time is getting short. Tomorrow may be too late.

Last edited:
o and i rarely post in these threads due to the reactions of people like you

It is my hope that you will post on threads like these more often, Strollingbones, because your thoughts are just as important as anyone elses thoughts on this thread. The truth is God doesn't love you any less than he loves me, or Chuck or KG or any other person on this board or in this world. Were you to decide for Christ in spite of the poor representations of Him - you've encountered during your life - God still could not love you more than He loves you right now. It isn't according to our goodness! It is according to His! He loves you, I love you, and I apologise to you for some things I see being said to you yesterday.

No one has it all worked out. I do not have it all worked out. Do you know the other night I was praying in the middle of the night and crying to God over how imperfect I see myself? How I even see myself as a hopeless case? It is true. Sanctification is a process and no one has "arrived" and if they think they have they are seriously mistaken!!! There are days I see how narrow that path is and I fear every word I speak - that if there would be one word added or one word taken away that he didn't desire me to speak or to write to someone....

I grieve over my mistakes and there are plenty - when I rush to defend or block myself from one God desires to use in my life! Oh yes.. it is not our friends who speak the most brutal truth to us! It is those we would perceive as an enemy that will most often give the most accurate analysis of the state we are in!

Truly, there could not be a person on this board that has commited the magnitude of sins I have commited in my lifetime, even after knowing him and backsliding for a season and yet his mercy has endured... I owe God my very life!

the hour is late - I see myself in many here - my heart is that we would all turn toward Him for in that instant he will take us up and restore us as if nothing had ever happened - our sins cast away as far asfrom the east to the west -into the Sea of Forgetfulness - forgotten forever - that is all I want for every man, woman on the earth today - that is all I want. Love desires the best for others... it should always desire the best for others..

Last edited:
I'll bet your gramma told you "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say nothing at all". This isn't a controversial thread, it wasn't about a guy jumping all over people to tell them about how stupid and silly they are, it was just a guy reciting the bible. And you saw fit to jump in the middle and act like a bitch for no other reason than the Word burns your eyes. Take it somewhere else. Nobody called you out, nobody asked you to participate, nobody criticized you. But you thought it was your job to jump in and say "you call THAT witnessing?" and otherwise make fun of the endeavor.

Troll a different thread. I don't have any tolerance for Christian haters who actually seek out christians to point fingers, ridicule, and attack. If you want to discuss the topic, then actually discuss the topic and come adequately informed. Don't just throw out random silliness and expect it to actually hold water. It's obvious to me and anyone else who watches you do this that your only interest is to disparage and ridicule...you aren't interested in what's being said, you just want to jeer at the people who dare to say it, and grab random and misinterpreted biblical verse and throw it in to disrupt the actual discussion.

It's the work of the devil, honestly, and it makes me sad..but also angry...to see you do it.

Sister, I have a very encouraging word for you but before I give it to you, I want you to know I do love you and rejoice that you are my sister in Christ, KG. It is a precious thing to see one part of the body hurt when they feel another part of the body hurt - to defend or bring a rebuke when they perceive the Word of the Lord coming under attack for you are right in that those were not my own words yesterday concerning quoting of scriptures - that was all word from word the book of Romans.. I did type out 16 chapters of it starting with Romans 1: 16 yesterday because that is what the Spirit of God led me to do!

I cannot apologise for that but I can always apologise for when I have mispoken and indeed I did not too long ago mispeak in using capitol letters in a message to Strollingbones - I did apologise as it was wrong of me to do that and all it implied..

I did publicly repent for that.. because it is one thing to come under attack for righteousness sake and another to come under it for something done by our own hand.. you and I know there is a difference and in this matter we are about to address I am all clear with the Lord because I've done what He commanded me - Preach the Gospel! He has been warning me that the time is running out.. He wants His Word out there now! This I have done.

Now here is the word for you.. It is from 2 Corinthians 12: 7- 10. It was Paul who spoke these words:

To keep me from being conceited because of these surpassing great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.

He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness." Therfore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in my weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. - 2 Corinth. 12:7-10

Some say that the thorn in Pauls flesh was a sickness. That is not what I see but I won't go into it as it isn't important right now. What is important is that we understand how Paul recieved the insults thrown at him, the hardships he endured, the persecutions he went through, the difficulties he was in...... how did Paul receive these things? "He delighted in them".. Yes! He delighted in them!

Why did Paul delight in being insulted, in being persecuted? In enduring hardships and difficulties? Because Paul had learned the key to tapping into the Lord's strength! He said, For when I am weak? Then I am strong? How is that possible? Because when Paul could no longer depend on his own strength - The Lord's strength showed up. It is not by might, not by power, but by My Spirit sayeth the Lord. When the enemy comes in like a flood? It is then that the Spirit of the Lord lifts up a standard against him.

Because our enemy is not flesh and blood. Our fight is against rulers, against the authorities and the powers of this dark world, and against spiritual forces in the heavenly realms. That is where the fight is. I know that you know this, KG. Now it was only the other day God opened my eyes to see what was happening - in that realm of these demonic powers being so determined to keep their captives and to stop the children of God from bringing forth the Word of the Living God that will set these captives free!

The Gospel is foolishness to those who are perishing but to those who are being saved it is the Power of God.

Sometimes that happens in an instant - from perishing to "suddenly" encountering the power of God.. imagine when Paul who was then Saul - a Jew who persecuted the church and was breathing out murderous threats against the Lord's disciples ( Acts 1: 9 ) until one day "SUDDENLY" as he nears Damascus on his journey, Suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice from heaven say to him, Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?

Saul replies, Who are you Lord?

The Lord replies, I am Jesus whom you are persecuting. Then Jesus replies, Now get up and go into the city and you will be told what you must do.

The men standing there with Paul were speechless, they heard the sound but did not see anyone. Saul got up from the ground but he could see nothing.

So they led him by the hand into Damascus. For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything. In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called him in a vision, "Ananias"!

Yes, Lord, he answered,

The Lord told him, Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul for he is praying. In a vision he has seen a man named Ananais come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.

Lord, Ananias answered, I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your saints in Jerusalem. And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name.

But the Lord said to Ananais, Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.

Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, Brother Saul, the Lord - Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here - has sent me so that you may see again, and be filled with the Holy Spirit.

Immediately, something like scales fell from his eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized, and after taking some food, he regained his strength. Amen.

Why did I tell the story of Saul's conversion?

Because there are Jews reading this very board who will be used by God to preach the Gospel with great authority and although today they "may be" in their own hearts thinking hateful thoughts towards the disciples of Christ who preach the Gospel with all boldness - the truth is:

They are about to "encounter Christ" - so that they may know - Jesus Christ is the Lord -

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is for the Jew first, then for the Gentile. There are Gentiles here who will be used mightily of God to preach the Gospel, indeed them and their whole households shall be saved. Amen.

This is the Power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and this is why Satan opposes it with such fury. Yes, it is written:

Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them!
But woe to the earth and the sea,
because the devil has gone down to you!
He is filled with fury,
because he knows his time is short!
- Rev. 12:12

Nevertheless, the gates of Hell shall not prevail against the Lord Jesus Christ and His church.

It is written:
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
1 John 1:4

Amen.

Last edited:
I saw the Bible verse you quoted and I also see the Bible verses I quoted. Both cannot be correct and are clearly contradictory if translated through literal 21st Century eyes who see them as they would be understood here and now. But to fully understand what the Bible teaches, it has to be understood as it was understood through the eyes of those who were living it and/or who wrote down the words.

So to the Bible scholar it makes sense that those called to teach and preach the Gospel would go first to the Jews, the chosen people of God, before going to the Gentiles. Jesus was quite clear that his mission was salvation and eternal life for both aka all. And it is also understandable that Matthew and Mark, coming from a Jewish tradition, would emphasize that more than Luke who took a more ecumenical approach both in the Gospel and the Book of Acts attributed to the same author.

God pretty much offered the kingdom to come earlier if one of the Kings of Israel believed which would have made the story of Christianity in a different order than it is today.

One of the problems of dispensationalism is that one or more of those who teach it say there is more than one gospel which raises red flags of those who only know Bible because there is only one gospel. I believe that if the Jews predominantly believed then and there, the 1,000 year reign of Christ would probably have happened then and there so I think it was more method that we are arguing over because it was always His intention that His temple be a place of prayer for all people:

"Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.:-Isaiah 56:7

Isaiah 56:7 these I will bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations."

I've been thinking further on your comments here Chuck, and think I probably didn't address the point your were emphasizing that there is only one Gospel. I agree with that, but I think that Gospel is far too nuanced, wide, and deep for we humans to confine in a box, all neat, consise, and complete. When you look over the whole of the Bible, you see God working in different ways and using the most strange and unlikely people to further his goals. That continued from the stories of the beginning all the way through the stories and teachings that make up what we call the New Testament.

And Jesus didn't deal with each person exactly the same either, but he demonstrated again and again that there is more than one interpretation for any story, and more than one way to skin a cat so to speak.

Consider the stories of the healing of the blind:

In Matthew 9:27-31 After asking them if they believed he could heal them, Jesus touched the eyes of two blind men and their sight was restored.

In Matthew 15:29-30 The lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others were brought to Jesus and laid at his feet; and he healed them.

In Mark 10:46-52 Jesus only spoke words to the blind Bartimaeus to restore his sight.

In Mark 8:22-26 at Bethsaida, some people brought a blind man to Jesus for healing. Jesus led the man out of the village and spit on the man's eyes, laid hands on him, and partially healed him. And then he placed his hands on the man's eyes again and his sight was restored.

In John 9:1-12 is a story of Jesus spitting on the ground to make mud, placing it on a blind man's eyes, and instructing him to go wash in the Pool of Siloam. And the man's sight was restored.

It isn't too much of a stretch that the witnesses to these healings would all have different versions of how Jesus restored sight to the blind. Maybe that is the where the first denominations came from: the muddites and the anti-muddites. . . . (just kidding but some views on theology are just that silly.)

My point is that dispensationalism that does not confine the Holy Spirit to one and only one way of accomplishing anything is a good thing. But I think I agree with you that when it is used to divide the ranks, cast doubt, destroy faith, promote false teachings and/or allegiances, and create the 'party spirit' against which Paul warned, it can be evil and grieve the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
I've been thinking further on your comments here Chuck, and think I probably didn't address the point your were emphasizing that there is only one Gospel. I agree with that, but I think that Gospel is far too nuanced, wide, and deep for we humans to confine in a box, all neat, consise, and complete. When you look over the whole of the Bible, you see God working in different ways and using the most strange and unlikely people to further his goals. That continued from the stories of the beginning all the way through the stories and teachings that make up what we call the New Testament.

And Jesus didn't deal with each person exactly the same either, but he demonstrated again and again that there is more than one interpretation for any story, and more than one way to skin a cat so to speak.

Consider the stories of the healing of the blind:

In Matthew 9:27-31 After asking them if they believed he could heal them, Jesus touched the eyes of two blind men and their sight was restored.

In Matthew 15:29-30 The lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others were brought to Jesus and laid at his feet; and he healed them.

In Mark 10:46-52 Jesus only spoke words to the blind Bartimaeus to restore his sight.

In Mark 8:22-26 at Bethsaida, some people brought a blind man to Jesus for healing. Jesus led the man out of the village and spit on the man's eyes, laid hands on him, and partially healed him. And then he placed his hands on the man's eyes again and his sight was restored.

In John 9:1-12 is a story of Jesus spitting on the ground to make mud, placing it on a blind man's eyes, and instructing him to go wash in the Pool of Siloam. And the man's sight was restored.

It isn't too much of a stretch that the witnesses to these healings would all have different versions of how Jesus restored sight to the blind. Maybe that is the where the first denominations came from: the muddites and the anti-muddites. . . . (just kidding but some views on theology are just that silly.)

My point is that dispensationalism that does not confine the Holy Spirit to one and only one way of accomplishing anything is a good thing. But I think I agree with you that when it is used to divide the ranks, cast doubt, destroy faith, promote false teachings and/or allegiances, and create the 'party spirit' against which Paul warned, it can be evil and grieve the Holy Spirit.

Moses asked God what His name was and God replied "I AM".

Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

It was suggested by one commentator that if God told them His name, they would try to use magic to control Him.

Then there are all these names for God. I have a book of them. Some of the names are "The Lord is my banner" or "The Lord is my healer" or "The Lord is my provider."

I think the point God was getting across was that "I am whatever your needs is". I'm your blank check.

It is true that God gives us our individuality and Matthew was written to the Jews, Mark was written to the slave or the worker, Luke was written to the intellectual and John was written to the Church. This symbolism is seen in Revelation:

Revelation 4:7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.

So when God fought the battles for David or Israel, God always fought each one differently and God healed everyone differently because God is not limited.

Revelation 4:10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

How long do you think the twenty four elders can fall down before God and cast their crowns before God without getting bored? I think every time they look they see a different aspect of God's grace and they have an experience from it.

Jesus did say He was coming to the house of Israel and plan A would have been to set up the kingdom if they believed but he wasn't received so plan B was when Paul switched from the Jews to going to the Gentiles.

I agree that Christians shouldn't be political or take sides. I've always believed that we should be involved with the gospel instead of politics. But the problem was that Christians saw God being removed from their society and not only that but they set up the Alliance Defense fund because churches were being sued and Christians were being sued and they saw that as extinction of everything Christian so they fought back with fundamentalism and the religious right and I think that some people wouldn't have survived if they didn't do that. It worked for a while but it doesn't grow churches, it doesn't cause faith to make people follow Jesus and it protects us for a while and others but it doesn't let us be Christians. A lot of Christians are wasting their time in politics which is their choice. If I bring someone to Christ, I don't have to tell them what to do because they will read the Bible and they will listen to God. If I produce laws, then people start listening to me and it hurts their ability to hear from God.

But I think and believe that God wrote it down in His word what the gospel was because people lie. What would you say if someone came to you and said, "I believe God wants me to divorce my wife."? What would you say? I would say, "No. He doesn't because He wrote it down." That settles it.

I believe the gospel is clear. I work at it and other Christians and Churches work at it.
I'll study everything because I will fight for the gospel and I will defend the gospel.

I study the Bible verse by verse and word for word. Other Christians do that and also study symbols in the Bible like the word brass may be a symbol of judgment so they are big on typology.

I come from one of the most Biblically educated churches in the world. Some of my pastors have been teaching a long time. I can write half a page on a subject and some of my pastors can write twelve pages on a subject and or professional papers.

One of my friends has his doctorate. He has 4,000 books in his library.

These pastors don't play. They know. One of them has 12,000 people in his church and they have a radio station after many years of work. He has something like 12 pastors and counsellors on board. It takes me 45 minutes to leave their parking lot because of the traffic. I went there one night and I said to myself, "you would think Jesus is here...there are so many people." Their answer to people who oppose is that, "you don't have the truth." The truth is that if I go and read 35 commentaries, I will know everything that every scholar has come up with over time and I will have an opinion on it. My grandmother use to tell me she watched me with eyes in the back of her head and she was wise after many years. These pastors write stuff that belongs in textbooks and a lot of times God is speaking His word to me through them as we study so when I go out, I'm already with the answers because someone is going to bring up the topic that I already studied and I don't always like these divine appointments because Satan gets involved in my life and tries to ruin it so spiritual warfare happens when I'm trying to read, study or witness and sometimes I can't take it. When I have a divine appointment, I know I have the truth.

I save my work on a thumbdrive and I stopped counting when I reached 30 megabytes of teaching. It is nothing. I wish to do more.

Last edited:
I believe you when you say your pastors teach the truth, Chuck, for not all who have large followings do. Jeremiah Wright in Chicago pastored a mega church and many came to hear him, but I do not believe he was teaching the people the truth. Jim Jones pastored a mega church and had many followers who believed he was teaching God's word to their ears, and yet we all know that he was one of the false teachers that the Apostle Paul warned us about. There are many out there. And there are also many true men and women of God, both ordained and just ordinary people who have ears to hear and who God calls. I have long believed God isn't all that impressed with our theology though. I believe he wants people to know him and love him and understand how much he loves us. And he wants us to understand the ocean of grace that is sufficient to cover all souls.

I believe you when you say your pastors teach the truth, Chuck, for not all who have large followings do. Jeremiah Wright in Chicago pastored a mega church and many came to hear him, but I do not believe he was teaching the people the truth. Jim Jones pastored a mega church and had many followers who believed he was teaching God's word to their ears, and yet we all know that he was one of the false teachers that the Apostle Paul warned us about. There are many out there. And there are also many true men and women of God, both ordained and just ordinary people who have ears to hear and who God calls. I have long believed God isn't all that impressed with our theology though. I believe he wants people to know him and love him and understand how much he loves us. And he wants us to understand the ocean of grace that is sufficient to cover all souls.

I think Chucks studies are very impressive, Foxfyre. He has certainly studied a great deal and it shows. I have also studied the bible but from a different pespective because what the Lord taught me was if I'd do what it says I'd gain more revelation from studying it 1 hour than some theologians would get in a life time of studying it without doing what it tells them to do. It is obeying the Word that unlocks the Scriptures.....

For instance, Titus 3:10 tells us to warn a divisive person twice and then have nothing to do with him. Titus 3:11 You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful: he is self - condemned. So we see here in these two passages how we should approach the matter of a divisive person. We do not need to go into a debate 10 pages long with the fellow and continue on down the path of futility. Others will watch that and wonder what in the world is going on? All biblical scripture is not only for study but for applying personally to our lives. If we are not going to do what it says it is no different than looking in a mirror and walking away only to forget what we saw...

I was at a church service some time ago. The pastor of the church preached a sermon on believing the bible is true is what gets us to heaven. He said, if you believe every word of the bible is true you will go to heaven, brothers and sisters! That is a lie. The demons know the word of God is true and tremble. So what? They are still never going to get to heaven, so the point has been missed entirely. It isn't in believing every word is true or even knowing every Greek, Hebrew or Latin definiton of every word which is true, it is in obeying every word in there just as it reads! A child can understand the gospel! Let's not complicate things! It could discourage folks to think it required some degree of intelligence to know Christ. It is absurd to ever think God would make knowing him conditional on our "own abilities" and "talents".. utterly absurd. I do not believe it for a moment!

Being led by the Spirit of God is so simple a child could do it and it doesn't require a degree or a Seminary school license to preach! If you are called to preach? Preach!

My 2 cents. - J.

Sister, I have a very encouraging word for you but before I give it to you, I want you to know I do love you and rejoice that you are my sister in Christ, KG. It is a precious thing to see one part of the body hurt when they feel another part of the body hurt - to defend or bring a rebuke when they perceive the Word of the Lord coming under attack for you are right in that those were not my own words yesterday concerning quoting of scriptures - that was all word from word the book of Romans.. I did type out 16 chapters of it starting with Romans 1: 16 yesterday because that is what the Spirit of God led me to do!

I cannot apologise for that but I can always apologise for when I have mispoken and indeed I did not too long ago mispeak in using capitol letters in a message to Strollingbones - I did apologise as it was wrong of me to do that and all it implied..

I did publicly repent for that.. because it is one thing to come under attack for righteousness sake and another to come under it for something done by our own hand.. you and I know there is a difference and in this matter we are about to address I am all clear with the Lord because I've done what He commanded me - Preach the Gospel! He has been warning me that the time is running out.. He wants His Word out there now! This I have done.

Now here is the word for you.. It is from 2 Corinthians 12: 7- 10. It was Paul who spoke these words:

To keep me from being conceited because of these surpassing great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.

He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness." Therfore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in my weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. - 2 Corinth. 12:7-10

Some say that the thorn in Pauls flesh was a sickness. That is not what I see but I won't go into it as it isn't important right now. What is important is that we understand how Paul recieved the insults thrown at him, the hardships he endured, the persecutions he went through, the difficulties he was in...... how did Paul receive these things? "He delighted in them".. Yes! He delighted in them!

Why did Paul delight in being insulted, in being persecuted? In enduring hardships and difficulties? Because Paul had learned the key to tapping into the Lord's strength! He said, For when I am weak? Then I am strong? How is that possible? Because when Paul could no longer depend on his own strength - The Lord's strength showed up. It is not by might, not by power, but by My Spirit sayeth the Lord. When the enemy comes in like a flood? It is then that the Spirit of the Lord lifts up a standard against him.

Because our enemy is not flesh and blood. Our fight is against rulers, against the authorities and the powers of this dark world, and against spiritual forces in the heavenly realms. That is where the fight is. I know that you know this, KG. Now it was only the other day God opened my eyes to see what was happening - in that realm of these demonic powers being so determined to keep their captives and to stop the children of God from bringing forth the Word of the Living God that will set these captives free!

The Gospel is foolishness to those who are perishing but to those who are being saved it is the Power of God.

Sometimes that happens in an instant - from perishing to "suddenly" encountering the power of God.. imagine when Paul who was then Saul - a Jew who persecuted the church and was breathing out murderous threats against the Lord's disciples ( Acts 1: 9 ) until one day "SUDDENLY" as he nears Damascus on his journey, Suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice from heaven say to him, Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?

The Lord replies, I am Jesus whom you are persecuting. Then Jesus replies, Now get up and go into the city and you will be told what you must do.

The men standing there with Paul were speechless, they heard the sound but did not see anyone. Saul got up from the ground but he could see nothing.

So they led him by the hand into Damascus. For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything. In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called him in a vision, "Ananias"!

Yes, Lord, he answered,

The Lord told him, Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul for he is praying. In a vision he has seen a man named Ananais come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.

Lord, Ananias answered, I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your saints in Jerusalem. And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name.

But the Lord said to Ananais, Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.

Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, Brother Saul, the Lord - Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here - has sent me so that you may see again, and be filled with the Holy Spirit.

Immediately, something like scales fell from his eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized, and after taking some food, he regained his strength. Amen.

Because there are Jews reading this very board who will be used by God to preach the Gospel with great authority and although today they "may be" in their own hearts thinking hateful thoughts towards the disciples of Christ who preach the Gospel with all boldness - the truth is:

They are about to "encounter Christ" - so that they may know - Jesus Christ is the Lord -

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is for the Jew first, then for the Gentile. There are Gentiles here who will be used mightily of God to preach the Gospel, indeed them and their whole households shall be saved. Amen.

This is the Power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and this is why Satan opposes it with such fury. Yes, it is written:

He is filled with fury,

Nevertheless, the gates of Hell shall not prevail against the Lord Jesus Christ and His church.

It is written:
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

Amen.

Oh I rejoice just fine and I'm perfectly aware of what the increase of persecution and hatred towards Christians indicates. I have my own path to walk, and I'm walking it, and yes part of it is to be more Christlike with regards to anger and a warrior attitude when I see injustice, deceit, the misrepresentation of the word, attacks on believers, and ignorance on display. But I do not believe that God expects us to suffer attacks on his holy Word in complete silence. It is true that Christ did not defend himself vehemently before Pilate (or even Herod)...but he did say what he had to say, and he certainly did rebuke various and assorted persons during his ministry on earth...and some quite severely. I do not believe I'm doing anything wrong in rebuking a non-believer, who has shown no interest in learning the Word, and who revels in disrupting the sharing of the word. I cannot believe that God means for us to suffer idolators, blasphemers, or those whose sole purpose is to disrupt and ridicule, in the midst of worship....even if that worship is taking place in an online forum. That's not to say it isn't going to happen, but when it does happen, I have no problem with identifying it as what it is.

Yes, Lord, he answered,

He is filled with fury,

It is written:

Amen.

Oh I rejoice just fine and I'm perfectly aware of what the increase of persecution and hatred towards Christians indicates. I have my own path to walk, and I'm walking it, and yes part of it is to be more Christlike with regards to anger and a warrior attitude when I see injustice, deceit, the misrepresentation of the word, attacks on believers, and ignorance on display. But I do not believe that God expects us to suffer attacks on his holy Word in complete silence. It is true that Christ did not defend himself vehemently before Pilate (or even Herod)...but he did say what he had to say, and he certainly did rebuke various and assorted persons during his ministry on earth...and some quite severely. I do not believe I'm doing anything wrong in rebuking a non-believer, who has shown no interest in learning the Word, and who revels in disrupting the sharing of the word. I cannot believe that God means for us to suffer idolators, blasphemers, or those whose sole purpose is to disrupt and ridicule, in the midst of worship....even if that worship is taking place in an online forum. That's not to say it isn't going to happen, but when it does happen, I have no problem with identifying it as what it is.

Thanks, KG. I did read some more of the threads ( which I had not done yesterday ) and the Lord showed me what you were displaying was holy anger and holy anger is exactly what Jesus had when he saw the Pharisees using Gods temple as a place of business for them to sell their religious gadgets. He used a whip of cords to drive them out.... Jesus did call the Pharisees and Saducees white washed tombs, sons of the devil, their mouths I believe he described as open sepulchres, he also called them a brood of vipers - and although I don't remember Jesus rebuking those in the occult the Lord reminded me that Paul most certainly did when the Sorcerer named Bar Jesus tried to oppose the Gospel Paul was preaching in Acts 13: 10 saying to him: You are a child of the devil and enemy of everything that is right! You are full of all kinds of deceit and trickery. Will you never stop perverting the right ways of the Lord? Now the hand of the Lord is against you. You are going to be blind, and for a time you will be unable to see the light of the sun. Paul not only spoke roughly with the man, he struck him blind by the power of the Holy Ghost. That is new testament teaching and it is part of operating under the anointing.

As the day draws closer - there will be greater signs then these when the two prophets show up spoken of in Revelation 11:5 - If any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth from their mouth and devour their enemies, and if any man hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. That day is approaching fast also, KG. I find it very interesting that you saw the thread as a time of worship because truly you would have to be a born again Christian sealed by God's Holy Spirit to have perceived that! To me it was like being in the upper room with the disciples.. it was a holy time and the Spirit of God was teaching the people through the words of Paul ( athough Paul had yet to meet Jesus at the time of the Upper Room event! )

It was indeed a time of worship because as I was typing the scriptures line up line - the presence of the Lord was there throughout, KG. I will tell you that I tend to lean very heavy on the mercy seat as I am drawn more to the mercy of God than the judgment but when the Holy Spirit tells me to come down hard I can come down very hard and you have not yet seen that side of the sword in my mouth yet. There are are two sides to the sword -judgment and then mercy there are two sides to the sword - Old Testament and then New Testament - there are two sides of the sword - trouble and distress to everyone who does evil - first to the Jew then to the Gentile ( Romans 2: 9 ) and glory, honor and peace to everyone who does good - first to the Jew and then to the Gentile ( Romans 2: 10 ) As for coming down hard - wait until I do the thread on the Jezebel Spirit and then you can judge where I'm at according to the whole counsel of God. I do believe in sticking straight to the Word of God - not adding or taking away - not "interpreting" through scholars but rather through the Holy Ghost - it is the only way to go.

p.s. You are very right in that the Scriptures teach us we must deal with different people in different ways,,, in the book of Jude he defines this for us. He says in Jude 1:22 Be merciful to those who doubt, snatch others from the fire and save them, to others show mercy, mixed with fear ( this is where the Fear of the Lord is applied and that can be a very sobering experience to someone who hasn't encountered it when the Holy Spirit says, Do it! ) - hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh. ( the Holy Spirit is the one who discerns who is who for us )

The last part is interesting - even as the anointing was on Elijahs clothing - so corrupted flesh can defile clothing as well - which is something well known by occult practioners.. speaking of occult practitioners, I have witnessed to quite a few and I've encountered only one in my life that the Lord dealt with swiftly and severely. So on that note until the Lord shows me that Strollingbones is one like Bar Jesus I'm going to pour out all the love and mercy I can pour out on her. Because that is what Jesus would do. ( I believe )

Have a blessed day. - J.

Last edited:
I love bones very, very much. I also know that a lot of people on this board love her and admire her which is why I think it's important to identify when (in this particular instance) she's being offensive or hurtful. I have great hopes for her soul, and I sincerely hope to see her in heaven! I think she is an instrument of GOD, as everything is, and I pray for the day when she can find a way to embrace salvation and a loving Christ without seeing it as a rejection of the traditions and upbringing she obviously holds very dear, and with good reason. I think she sees censure where none is intended, and doesn't register when it's not warranted...she is a big girl though and intelligent and I think she is able to discern the difference between me telling her "knock it off you're out of line" (for right or wrong) and saying I have any sort of insight or influence over where she spends eternity! I continue to pray for her salvation and enjoy my interactions with her on the board...as long as she isn't attacking people for witnessing.

This morning I was asking the Lord about this because I had no peace about the approach I see in men using intellect to preach to the lost and to discern the meaning of Scipture, Chuck. ( rather than the Holy Spirit who is the author and revelator of the Scriptures )

Then it came to me why I was so troubled over it. These men seek to usurp the authority of the Holy Ghost by "replacing Him as the "Teacher" therein ----> adding a burden on the backs of the people that Jesus "warned us about" .

You see the Apostle Paul said he counted all his knowledge, all his vast study as "exrement" - DUNG!

Paul had determined to know nothing but Christ crucified. Now people want to study these men for the next millenium rather than seeking the One they were speaking about! The LORD!

The great commission spoke of in Mark 16 does not say:

Go ye into all the word and make bible scholars.

It does not say, go ye into all the world and educate people on the meaning of greek, latin and hebrew words that Jesus spoke.

It does not say Bible scholars shall be your teachers because without them you will never learn the meaning of the Gospel! It never says that, Chuck. In fact, no where in the bible does it say that about the great commission..

It is written:

He ( Jesus ) said to them:
Go ye into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe; in my name they shall cast out devils, they will speak in new tongues, they shall take up serpents and if they drink any deadly thing it shall not harm them, they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.

That's it. No mention of bible scholars teaching the people. Indeed the very opposite - go to the book of 1 John 2:26

It is written:

These are the things I have written to you about those who try to seduce you, But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and you need no man teach you, but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. - 1 John 2:26 - 27

And in NIV translation:

It is written:

I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need ANYONE to teach you. But as the anointing TEACHES YOU ABOUT ALL THINGS and as the ANOINTING IS REAL,, NOT COUNTERFEIT, JUST AS IT HAS TAUGHT YOU, REMAIN IN HIM.

Who is your teacher??? THE HOLY GHOST! AM I SHOUTING? YES!!!!!!!! AND I SHALL MAKE NO APOLOGIES FOR IT THIS TIME!

People, we do not witness for the Lord with the Dead letter of the Law but rather by the Spirit of the Lord because where the Spirit of the Lord is??? THERE IS LIBERTY! AMEN AND AMEN.

This is my final warning according to Titus 3:10 and if it isn't received this time? There won't be another one. Two is sufficient. TWO!

I love bones very, very much. I also know that a lot of people on this board love her and admire her which is why I think it's important to identify when (in this particular instance) she's being offensive or hurtful. I have great hopes for her soul, and I sincerely hope to see her in heaven! I think she is an instrument of GOD, as everything is, and I pray for the day when she can find a way to embrace salvation and a loving Christ without seeing it as a rejection of the traditions and upbringing she obviously holds very dear, and with good reason. I think she sees censure where none is intended, and doesn't register when it's not warranted...she is a big girl though and intelligent and I think she is able to discern the difference between me telling her "knock it off you're out of line" (for right or wrong) and saying I have any sort of insight or influence over where she spends eternity! I continue to pray for her salvation and enjoy my interactions with her on the board...as long as she isn't attacking people for witnessing.

You are a most beautiful witness for the Lord, KG, and this is the most Spirit filled - Spirit led letter I have read on this board by anyone ever I do believe. If there were ever anything even close to it surely is not coming to my mind as I write this. Because you are Spirit led this letter has life and it doesn't kill anyone.. You are not one that brings division but rather one who has the gift of unity of the brethren and I wish to God all believers could listen to you today and soak in what the believer is supposed to look like because you have most graciously displayed it here today. May Gods richest blessings be poured out abundantly over you and your family today. You are a blessing to me and I say that with a most sincere heart. It is the truth! - Karen

KG's letter is a perfect example of a woman who is filled with the Holy Ghost and led by the Holy Ghost.. it is full of life and lifted me up when I was beginning to feel crushed down. I thank God for that Sister! I think I will go offline and praise the Lord now! - Bye!

This morning I was asking the Lord about this because I had no peace about the approach I see in men using intellect to preach to the lost and to discern the meaning of Scipture, Chuck. ( rather than the Holy Spirit who is the author and revelator of the Scriptures )

Then it came to me why I was so troubled over it. These men seek to usurp the authority of the Holy Ghost by "replacing Him as the "Teacher" therein ----> adding a burden on the backs of the people that Jesus "warned us about" .

You see the Apostle Paul said he counted all his knowledge, all his vast study as "exrement" - DUNG!

Paul had determined to know nothing but Christ crucified. Now people want to study these men for the next millenium rather than seeking the One they were speaking about! The LORD!

It does not say, go ye into all the world and educate people on the meaning of greek, latin and hebrew words that Jesus spoke.

It does not say Bible scholars shall be your teachers because without them you will never learn the meaning of the Gospel! It never says that, Chuck. In fact, no where in the bible does it say that about the great commission..

It is written:

Go ye into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe; in my name they shall cast out devils, they will speak in new tongues, they shall take up serpents and if they drink any deadly thing it shall not harm them, they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.

That's it. No mention of bible scholars teaching the people. Indeed the very opposite - go to the book of 1 John 2:26

It is written:

These are the things I have written to you about those who try to seduce you, But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and you need no man teach you, but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. - 1 John 2:26 - 27

And in NIV translation:

It is written:

I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need ANYONE to teach you. But as the anointing TEACHES YOU ABOUT ALL THINGS and as the ANOINTING IS REAL,, NOT COUNTERFEIT, JUST AS IT HAS TAUGHT YOU, REMAIN IN HIM.

Who is your teacher??? THE HOLY GHOST! AM I SHOUTING? YES!!!!!!!! AND I SHALL MAKE NO APOLOGIES FOR IT THIS TIME!

People, we do not witness for the Lord with the Dead letter of the Law but rather by the Spirit of the Lord because where the Spirit of the Lord is??? THERE IS LIBERTY! AMEN AND AMEN.

This is my final warning according to Titus 3:10 and if it isn't received this time? There won't be another one. Two is sufficient. TWO!

You too are a beautiful witness, Jeremiah, but I feel led to comment on your quotation of Mark 16. Here is where Bible scholarship may come into effect as most modern scholars do not believe that Mark 16 was part of the original manuscript but was added much later by theologians who wanted to include that doctrine. And because it is so out of character of the remainder of Mark and the teachings of those who did go out as the Great Commission commanded, I too wonder if we can believe that it should be interpreted as written.

In the parallel scriptures of the Great Commission, Matthew and Mark were fairly well agreed and the passage from Luke is as close as he got to that perspective.

Matthew 28:16-20
New International Version (NIV)
16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Mark 16:15
15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

Luke 24:46-49
46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

May the Holy Spirit lead us into the truth as I believe that Jesus is unwilling that any should perish (be condemned) as some might suggest and salvation and grace is not contingent upon performing any rite or ritual but is simply accepting it as Jesus forever offers us. I don't think it is our prerogative to say who is and is not saved from the wrath of God.

But again, may the Holy Spirit lead us into all truth.

It is written:

It is written:

And in NIV translation:

It is written:

You too are a beautiful witness, Jeremiah, but I feel led to comment on your quotation of Mark 16. Here is where Bible scholarship may come into effect as most modern scholars do not believe that Mark 16 was part of the original manuscript but was added much later by theologians who wanted to include that doctrine. And because it is so out of character of the remainder of Mark and the teachings of those who did go out as the Great Commission commanded, I too wonder if we can believe that it should be interpreted as written.

In the parallel scriptures of the Great Commission, Matthew and Mark were fairly well agreed and the passage from Luke is as close as he got to that perspective.

Matthew 28:16-20
16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Mark 16:15
15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

Luke 24:46-49
46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

May the Holy Spirit lead us into the truth as I believe that Jesus is unwilling that any should perish (be condemned) as some might suggest and salvation and grace is not contingent upon performing any rite or ritual but is simply accepting it as Jesus forever offers us. I don't think it is our prerogative to say who is and is not saved from the wrath of God.

But again, may the Holy Spirit lead us into all truth.

As sure as the Lord lives, your timing could not be more perfect, Foxfyre! How I praise God for you this morning! Indeed God did offer eternal life to "whosover" would believe upon His Only Begotten Son that they would not perish but have everlasting life! Only the Holy Ghost knows who He has been sent to draw to Jesus ------------> for without Him no man can come to Jesus! Yes, he first chose us! We did not choose him first, he chose us! And he knows who his children are! Glory to God!

No man knows the future of a person - indeed the most hardened criminal could come to Jesus in the very last moments of his life! How wonderful and merciful is our God! I believe for the salvation of every single soul on this message board! Why not? We serve a big God! Is His arm too short to reach to the utter depths and snatch one from the fire? Of course not! Again! I believe Mercy triumphs over Judgment! Believe the best for every soul! Believe the best! Our God is Mighty to Save! Mighty to Save! And on that Note! ..... You are about to witness a miracle, friend!

Here is what you are about to see! After going offline the Holy Spirit reminded me of my prayer for Kooshdakhaa's doberman pincher, Greta! Now Kooshdakhaa prayed and believed God to heal her precious doberman pincher dog, Greta, of a heart murmer.

Then she said she was taking the dog to have an EKG done for a closer look I believe. Now here is what the Lord gave me to come back and tell the people. I had asked him that when the EKG was done on this doberman named Greta, that the EKG results would show nothing. The heart murmur would be gone, disappeared, indeed I caught hold of it and saw it was already done. Answered. How do I know it is already done? 1 John 2: 20 it is written: But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. ( Hallelujah ) and how did I lay hold of that miracle? It is Written: And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. Matthew 21:22 And again? It is written: Jesus said, If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will and it shall be done for you. This is my Fathers glory that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. - John 15: 7,8

These signs shall follow the believer - they will pray for the sick and they shall be healed - that is true even for an animal, Foxfyre. I have already seen God raise one cat from the dead through my praying in the name of Jesus and so you shall now see that these signs "still follow the believer" and if these signs do not follow someone preaching Jesus Christ? Then you shouldn't listen to a word they say!!

The Word of God is true and His answer is Yes and Amen! it is confirmed with signs following the believer who preaches it! Hallelujah and Glory to God forevermore! Amen!

The Lord told his disciples after praying for the sick and healing them ( in His Name) to say: The Kingdom of Heaven is nigh unto you today! Amen! Indeed it is. The Lord Jesus is our healer today. Jesus is Alive!

Last edited:
Greta, the doberman pincher, is coming back from that EKG test with a clean bill of health and no heart murmur! Glory to God! That is the report of the Lord! It is DONE! She'll have a long life full of blessing and no trouble added to it! In the name of Jesus that is done too! Amen.

I command Greta's leg to be healed and line up with the Word of God now, in the name of Jesus. Thank you, Lord for healing Greta! May her owner be blessed to learn how much you love both her and her dog, Greta. Amen.

No one has seen an original manuscript so you can't say you know what an original manuscript is.

There are only two manuscripts that omit part of Mark 16 and one was Vaticanus and the other one was Siniaticus. Vaticanus actually left room for Mark 16 and that was the only break in the manuscript.

Vaticanus was in good condition because no one used it for 1100 years. Did you ever make a mistake? What happens to what you write when you make a mistake? You don't use it. You put it on the shelf and it sits there.

Siniaticus was found in a trash heep by Teisendorf. He found it from what would be your trash can. There are some 15,000 changes by contemporaries which means you can't claim it is original or authoratative.

If you want to read a debate, buy the book "Counterfeit or Genuine" by Dr. David Otis Fuller. I found it on Amazon.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0825426154/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=]Counterfeit or Genuine: David Otis Fuller: 9780825426155: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Or anyone here can get educated and find out what the nonsense is about by listening to the first ten minutes or more:

http://calvary-chapel-streaming.s3.amazonaws.com/teaching/versebyverse/B41_Mark/SPM55224.mp3

All of Mark 16 belongs in the Bible. The arguments against it not being in the Bible are not true.

Last edited:
One thing fo' sho'...

The title of this thread belies the attitude of the last couple of pages.

Even when I was up to my ass in modern Christianity, this part of it was quite the conundrum.

Forum List

Back