God's Wrath Against Mankind

I agree with you, prayer can be powerful, Strollingbones. I like reading what you write! I'm glad you are joining in to share your thoughts too!

89 that is along time....and you have stayed this strong...that is a good thing...but again it is your thing...

it is a long time but there have been valleys. I reckon that is true for everyones life no matter what they believed though, Strollingbones. Life can be tough sometimes.

First post:

says in the bible ...jesus came only for the jews...lots of things are said in the bible....

and too many use the bible as a whip of moral righteousness....

gee right ...never knew you had such deistic leanings

2nd post:

man?

are you sure about that kg?

matthew 15:24

no one is witnessing here...now are they...more like just cutting and pasting....

Third post:

shall we discuss what the bible says about this type of grandstanding? and where you are instructed to pray?

All three of your posts on the first page of this thread were snarky, bitchy attacks that had exactly nothing to do with what was being said, except to point out that Christians are baaad and Jeremiah wasn't witnessing, but grandstanding.

You, like most of the other trolls who frequent these threads (you know, the ones that thanked your disruptive and vapid posts) come for no other reason than to insult believers, post biblical verse out of context, and advertise your own ignorance.

You keep saying, as you jump in the middle of these threads, over and over, that you don't like participating in them because everybody makes fun of your beliefs...but I see none of that in this thread, and in fact, I see no reference to your beliefs at all except for you to attack those who have a different belief system than you do.

Then you took offense that I dared to offer up prayers for you and your family...something I have done for you many times before, and which you have NEVER objected to in any way shape or form, and in fact have defended and been courteously thankful for.

Then you race over to the tavern to LIE about what was said here, and then effectively shut down the conversation because you seem to think you are the only person who is allowed to be a bitch in the Tavern.

Well you're wrong. I can be a bitch, too. And you've been a bitch to me just about three too many times, when I have done absolutely nothing to deserve it. You deserved to be chastised for being an asshole in this thread, you deserved to be chastised for lying about the circumstance and bringing the garbage into the Tavern, and you deserve to be chastised for being a complete and total ungrateful bitch over what was meant in all sincerity to be a kind and loving gesture towards you...one that I have extended to you more than once in the past, and had accepted with gracious kindness.

You're an ungrateful and dishonest bitch, and I'm purging you out of my system. I made the effort, I have shared personal information with you, I repped you when you were new and everybody else treated you like shit. I gave you access to my real life, and I've defended you both on the board, and in private, and kept you in my heart and my prayers for years. You seem to think that gives you carte blanche to be a complete shitheel towards me, to talk crap about me, and to say things to and about me that I don't tolerate from anyone else...because till now, I liked you anyway.

But life's too short to keep that sort of thing up forever. I'll pray for you. You can take it any way you like it. But I'm done with the rest. Enjoy your enlistment in the ranks that include such gems as JoeB, liewinger, and the other pieces of shit you seem to be cultivating these days. I wish you joy of them.

Last edited:
de de dum.....how goes it?

kg seems to think i should not be upset over her declaring she would pray for me and my family...but i note...she accused me of trolling due to my posting a bible verse and now she has ran her mouth some more...so i invited her back here where it started...

i normally avoid these religions thread due to the non tolerance of most toward my beliefs...i have my own beliefs and stick to them...i do not witness nor do i try to convert....so the idea of someone of a totally different faith advocating that she and others pray for me..does not set well with me...

nowhere will you ever see me asking for anyone to pray for me....

Understandable, but instead of looking at it as an intolerant judgement of your shortcomings or beliefs, what if it is out of love, that prayers go up on your behalf? <An action that is part of our belief.

Believe me, it is much easier to mind our own business, but we are called to intercede on behalf of others. It is suppose to be an act of caring for one another. Try not to be insulted. That's not our intent. Our hearts are in the right place.

If our beliefs are wrong, you will suffer no harm from prayer, and if they are right, you'll suffer no harm because of it. :eusa_angel:

She's never been insulted by it before, and if she was, then she lied about it and claimed that she accepted those previous prayers in the way it was meant.

It was a sincere prayer, she knows it, and it was one of many I have offered up for her in the past. It was fairly bland and in no way was it a condemnation of her own faith, as she very well knows.

That's fine, she wanted to call me out publicly as some sort of enemy... that's her right and her privilege. It's a shame because I'm a good friend, and I was a good friend to her, to the extent that people who have conversed almost daily for YEARS on the internet can be good friends. But if she just can't see her way past her hatred of Christians and Christianity, then obviously, we can't be friends. And it appears to me that is exactly what her purpose in posting in this thread is...to announce her hatred for Christians, her lack of interest in the Word, her lack of respect for people who do feel strongly about witnessing, and her lack of desire to actually have meaningful discussions about Christianity.

That's easy enough to accomodate.

Prayer doesn't require permission from those being prayed for. It involves 3 participants, the pray-er, the prayer answerer, and Christ, the conduit that makes the direct connection possible.
Privacy may be the way to go if someone is sensitive concerning the subject, or coming from a different direction than what someone else may believe, or may be uncomfortable with it and consider it an invasion.
While we can be as bold and vocal as Paul on the subject of Christ, and the book that He talks to us through, prayer in the privacy of a closet, has it's benefits and no one is offended because there are only 3 of you there. You, your Dad, and your Brother. You can't go wrong in the closet. :)

Matthew 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
^
Again with the rewards. How much can a doting Creator of the Universe spoil his kids ??????! And all those crowns He gives us to wear.......... Will it ever stop???? :)

Last edited:
Exactly. My only objective in offering a public prayer was to let her know that my thoughts (and prayers) were with her. It had nothing to do with making a spectacle...it's something I've done numerous times before and it was done this time in the exact same spirit as before. I won't pray for her publicly, I have no problem with that at all. But it was never a problem in the past, or I would never have done it again.

It's weird the way right wingers always make God so small and petty.

Funny, I see God making leftwing loons look small and petty.

Funny that...though heaven knows, it isn't like he has to make much of an effort. You guys do just fine all on your own.

I am not ashamed to preach the gospel, because it is the power of God, for the salvation of everyone who believes, first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written, the just shall live by faith. - Romans 1: 16, 17
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe the judgment of God is coming upon America swiftly.. The days ahead are going to be perilous, indeed they are already perilous and trying the souls of men. I believe the following is a right now word from heaven on where we are and what we must do about it..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Father, I pray thy Word go forth today by thy precious Holy Spirit, in Mighty power and perform the work it was sent to do into the hearts of men. For you promise your word will not return back unto you void. Let not one word fall to the ground, I pray thee, In Jesus Name. Amen.

It is Written:

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature - has been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

For although they knew God, they neither glorified hiim as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking has become futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator - who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exhanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men commited indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Furthermore, they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful, they invent ways to do evil, they disobey their parents, they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.

Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these things but also approve those who practice them.

Romans 1: 18 - 32
Jeremiah, I haven't read the thread yet, but just on your op, I have a question:

You say you don't mind preaching the gospel, but then you go in to quoting things from other books in the Bible such as Romans.....Isn't "The Gospel" the first 4 books of the Bible, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John ONLY, and the other Books of the Bible are not considered "The Gospel"?

I'm not saying that these Books are not important, by no means.

I was just wondering if you were taught that ''the Gospel'' is Matthew, Mark, Luke and John?

Care

Jeremiah, I haven't read the thread yet, but just on your op, I have a question:

You say you don't mind preaching the gospel, but then you go in to quoting things from other books in the Bible such as Romans.....Isn't "The Gospel" the first 4 books of the Bible, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John ONLY, and the other Books of the Bible are not considered "The Gospel"?

I was just wondering if you were taught that ''the Gospel'' is Matthew, Mark, Luke and John?

Care

It is modified by various descriptive phrases, such as, “the gospel of God” (Mk 1:14, ASV; Rom 15:16), “the gospel of Jesus Christ,” (Mk 1:1; I Cor 9:12), “the gospel of his Son” (Rom 1:9), “the gospel of the kingdom “ (Mt 4:23; 9:35; 24:14), “the gospel of the grace of God” (Acts 20:24), “the gospel of the glory of Christ” (II Cor 4:4, ASV), “the gospel of peace” (Eph 6:15), “an eternal gospel” (Rev 14:6, RSV). Although distinctive aspects of the message are indicated by the various modifiers, the gospel is essentially one. Paul speaks of “another gospel” which is not an equivalent, for the gospel of God is His revelation, not the result of discovery (Gal 1:6–11).5

https://bible.org/article/what-gospel

I think the gospel also shows up in the Bible as a proto gospel:

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

thou shalt bruise his heel—The serpent wounds the heel that crushes him; and so Satan would be permitted to afflict the humanity of Christ and bring suffering and persecution on His people.

it shall bruise thy head—The serpent's poison is lodged in its head; and a bruise on that part is fatal. Thus, fatal shall be the stroke which Satan shall receive from Christ, though it is probable he did not at first understand the nature and extent of his doom.

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."

The whole Bible speaks about Jesus.

I am not ashamed to preach the gospel, because it is the power of God, for the salvation of everyone who believes, first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written, the just shall live by faith. - Romans 1: 16, 17

I believe the judgment of God is coming upon America swiftly.. The days ahead are going to be perilous, indeed they are already perilous and trying the souls of men. I believe the following is a right now word from heaven on where we are and what we must do about it..
Father, I pray thy Word go forth today by thy precious Holy Spirit, in Mighty power and perform the work it was sent to do into the hearts of men. For you promise your word will not return back unto you void. Let not one word fall to the ground, I pray thee, In Jesus Name. Amen.

It is Written:

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature - has been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

For although they knew God, they neither glorified hiim as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking has become futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator - who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exhanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men commited indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Furthermore, they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful, they invent ways to do evil, they disobey their parents, they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.

Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these things but also approve those who practice them.

Care

Care, I just had to erase every word of that as the Holy Spirit just revealed to me what you were trying to do. First, Care, you were not quoting me about preaching the gospel.. you were quoting the Apostle Paul!!! And you quoted him incorrectly! Have a Look!

Paul never said he "didn't mind" preaching the Gospel. You attempted to twist his words into a lie, Care. Then you tried to claim they were my words! Another lie! Back to the Apostle Paul!

He said he "wasn't ashamed of preaching the gospel, because it was the power of God! Why did Paul begin the Book of Romans with I am not ashamed to preach the Gospel, for the salvation of everyone who believes, FIRST TO THE JEW, THEN TO THE GENTILE?

Because the Book of Romans IS the Gospel, friend. Romans is the Gospel.

Paul confirms it in the very first verse. The Book of Romans is the Gospel.

Then he re-confirms it in the second verse....FOR IN THE GOSPEL A RIGHTEOUSNESS IS REVEALED, A RIGHTEOUSNESS THAT IS BY FAITH FROM FIRST TO LAST, JUST AS IT IS WRITTEN THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH. To God be the Glory and once again I thank Jesus for the Holy Spirit who teaches me all things and puts the right words into my mouth. Hallelujah!

I have a warning for you, Care. God says, Touch not mine anointed and do my prophets no harm. Good night. - Karen

Last edited:
Kosh I just tried to pos rep you for your commitment to 'standing in the gap', but I have to spread some around first.
It's where David stood to protect his Father's sheep. Nice work. :)

All three of you have done a very good job of defending the faith on this board and one day the Lord will say to you well done good and faithful servants! That will be the best reward any of us can ever receive but I also would like to send rep to everyone who participated in the thread. It was a great blessing. Thanks, KG, Chuck, Irish Ram for being such a blessing in my life. I love ya'll.. Foxfyre and everyone else here too! Good night. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

I suppose it could be defined like that. Using the term 'Synoptic' like using the term 'hermenuetical' is generally in the language of Bible eggheads--some might say pointy heads :)--who really enjoy digging into the origins and history undergirding the texts. It mostly just saves time in discussing this stuff.

From Dictionary.com

syn•op•tic
adjective
pertaining to or constituting a synopsis; affording or taking a general view of the principal parts of a subject.

( often initial capital letter ) taking a common view: used chiefly in reference to the first three Gospels (synoptic Gospels) Matthew, Mark, and Luke, from their similarity in content, order, and statement.

( often initial capital letter ) pertaining to the synoptic Gospels.

I don't like hearing about the synoptic gospels because it is only used in higher criticism against the Bible. No one I know uses the term in Bible study. I don't know any pastors who use it.

There is no evidence of Q.

Well that is your choice and I respect that, but I assure you that I and most of the people I do Bible study with use the term easily and it is NEVER used as criticism of any kind against the Bible or anything else. It is just a way to save time in the discussion.

I suppose it could be defined like that. Using the term 'Synoptic' like using the term 'hermenuetical' is generally in the language of Bible eggheads--some might say pointy heads :)--who really enjoy digging into the origins and history undergirding the texts. It mostly just saves time in discussing this stuff.

From Dictionary.com

I don't like hearing about the synoptic gospels because it is only used in higher criticism against the Bible. No one I know uses the term in Bible study. I don't know any pastors who use it.

Well that is your choice and I respect that, but I assure you that I and most of the people I do Bible study with use the term easily and it is NEVER used as criticism of any kind against the Bible or anything else. It is just a way to save time in the discussion.

Foxfyre, the Holy Spirit pointed out something to me that I believe you need to hear. As you know, I am not educated in the matters of how the bible was constructed, the titles you use such as snyoptic or however they are labeled by you or other various peoples, as that is not something the Lord ever led me to do but I do respect now that God has put people in all types of ministries and yet we are all part of the same body!

With that said, the Holy Spirit pointed out to me in this very discussion you are having with Chuck that Chuck is right!

That whatever this is you are using in your bible study is most definitely a criticism against the truth of the Bible.

You need to seek the Lord about this, Foxfyre and find out how you became deceived in such a matter. The very first place I would look would be to the people I am keeping company with. A man is known by the company he keeps. ( I am not speaking of people in the world we reach out to - to minister Christs Love to - I'm speaking of your inner circle of brethren off this board - that should be walking in Truth )

The people you are having bible study with are misleading you and you should cease from following these people at once. They are not doing you any good, Foxfyre. I had wondered before why you didn't know that Mark 16 was for today and the Lord showed me you are allowing men to teach you rather than the Holy Ghost!

There are some who are always studying, always learning some "new thing" but never coming to the understanding and the knowledge of the truth! We must stay with what the written Word of God says and accept it as it is, Foxfyre.

This discussion you and Chuck are having is far above my own natural abilities to comprehend much less discern with my natural mind which is correct. Which is why when the Holy Spirit pointed this out and then confirmed to me Chuck is correct in this matter - I knew that you needed to know this and not only that but the people reading here need to know it because God would not have anyone misled on what is of Him and what is not.

Now on the matter of you claiming your way of believing is easier as it "saves time", Foxfyre.

You will find that in the Kingdom of God it is not the easier way, the wider way, the more convenient way, that is Gods way.

On the contrary, you will find it is the more difficult way, the narrowest way, the most inconvenient way ( oh! How inconvenient truth can be especially when we have to speak it to our loved ones and friends! ) Yet? It is the Only way.

There is only One truth. Not many. There is only One way. Not many. There is only One life. Not many. Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. He "is" the Word.

In staying with the Truth - we know that Jesus Christ is the One being lifted up ( so that all men may be drawn unto him ) and not the doctrines of man. In Jesus name, I pray you receive this as the Spirit of Truth ( The Holy Ghost ) would have you receive it. Be blessed. God bless Brother Chuck for having the Mind of God on the matter and defending the truth. Surely flesh and blood did not reveal that to him but rather the Spirit of God. Amen. - Karen

Foxfyre, the Holy Spirit pointed out something to me that I believe you need to hear. As you know, I am not educated in the matters of how the bible was constructed, the titles you use such as snyoptic or however they are labeled by you or other various peoples, as that is not something the Lord ever led me to do but I do respect now that God has put people in all types of ministries and yet we are all part of the same body!

With that said, the Holy Spirit pointed out to me in this very discussion you are having with Chuck that Chuck is right!

That whatever this is you are using in your bible study is most definitely a criticism against the truth of the Bible.

You need to seek the Lord about this, Foxfyre and find out how you became deceived in such a matter. The very first place I would look would be to the people I am keeping company with. A man is known by the company he keeps. ( I am not speaking of people in the world we reach out to - to minister Christs Love to - I'm speaking of your inner circle of brethren off this board - that should be walking in Truth )

The people you are having bible study with are misleading you and you should cease from following these people at once. They are not doing you any good, Foxfyre. I had wondered before why you didn't know that Mark 16 was for today and the Lord showed me you are allowing men to teach you rather than the Holy Ghost!

There are some who are always studying, always learning some "new thing" but never coming to the understanding and the knowledge of the truth! We must stay with what the written Word of God says and accept it as it is, Foxfyre.

This discussion you and Chuck are having is far above my own natural abilities to comprehend much less discern with my natural mind which is correct. Which is why when the Holy Spirit pointed this out and then confirmed to me Chuck is correct in this matter - I knew that you needed to know this and not only that but the people reading here need to know it because God would not have anyone misled on what is of Him and what is not.

Now on the matter of you claiming your way of believing is easier as it "saves time", Foxfyre.

You will find that in the Kingdom of God it is not the easier way, the wider way, the more convenient way, that is Gods way.

On the contrary, you will find it is the more difficult way, the narrowest way, the most inconvenient way ( oh! How inconvenient truth can be especially when we have to speak it to our loved ones and friends! ) Yet? It is the Only way.

There is only One truth. Not many. There is only One way. Not many. There is only One life. Not many. Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. He "is" the Word.

In staying with the Truth - we know that Jesus Christ is the One being lifted up ( so that all men may be drawn unto him ) and not the doctrines of man. In Jesus name, I pray you receive this as the Spirit of Truth ( The Holy Ghost ) would have you receive it. Be blessed. God bless Brother Chuck for having the Mind of God on the matter and defending the truth. Surely flesh and blood did not reveal that to him but rather the Spirit of God. Amen. - Karen

Jeremiah, I believe that you mean well, but while you are right that Jesus must be lifted up, you are wrong that I and those I do Bible study with do not do that.

The people I do Bible Study with--I am now more often the leader of the group than passive participant--are misleading nobody. They are godly people who love the Lord and serve Him with all their being including hands on work with the poor, the aged, the disabled, rehabilitating addicts and criminals, the sick, ministry to troubled marriages and many other tribulations people suffer, and of course the unsaved. These are people who not only love Jesus and hear and preach the Word, they live it and do it and trust Jesus to bring blessings from it.

But they also are not afraid to challenge their faith, to learn new and different truths, to question, and to ask why. They worship a God they believe to be tough enough and big enough and wise enough to appreciate those who want larger and more complete truths of the story of the people of God. They know their intellect, as well as their other gifts and talents, also come from God and he does not expect them to just put all that on the back burner and not use it.

I have devoted a great deal of my adult life to researching the truth as it was seen through the eyes of those who wrote down the words of the Bible and it is fascinating, inspiring, and edifying. It has not shaken my faith in the least but has strengthened it and provided insights that God has used to reach and teach others.

I think those who would put God in a box and say HERE!! This is what God is and what God does and what God wants are overstepping their authority. My God is far bigger, wiser, smarter, and knows what has gone on and is going on than I will ever know. And I have learned that he doesn't restrict himself on how anything has to be accomplished.

Thanks for caring, Dear, and for accepting what you believe is your leading to make a difference. But have some trust that everybody is not called in the same way or assigned to the same responsibilities. That too is Biblical.

Last edited:

It is Written:

Care

Care, I just had to erase every word of that as the Holy Spirit just revealed to me what you were trying to do. First, Care, you were not quoting me about preaching the gospel.. you were quoting the Apostle Paul!!! And you quoted him incorrectly! Have a Look!

Paul never said he "didn't mind" preaching the Gospel. You attempted to twist his words into a lie, Care. Then you tried to claim they were my words! Another lie! Back to the Apostle Paul!

He said he "wasn't ashamed of preaching the gospel, because it was the power of God! Why did Paul begin the Book of Romans with I am not ashamed to preach the Gospel, for the salvation of everyone who believes, FIRST TO THE JEW, THEN TO THE GENTILE?

Because the Book of Romans IS the Gospel, friend. Romans is the Gospel.

Paul confirms it in the very first verse. The Book of Romans is the Gospel.

Then he re-confirms it in the second verse....FOR IN THE GOSPEL A RIGHTEOUSNESS IS REVEALED, A RIGHTEOUSNESS THAT IS BY FAITH FROM FIRST TO LAST, JUST AS IT IS WRITTEN THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH. To God be the Glory and once again I thank Jesus for the Holy Spirit who teaches me all things and puts the right words into my mouth. Hallelujah!

I have a warning for you, Care. God says, Touch not mine anointed and do my prophets no harm. Good night. - Karen
My oh My Karen, me thinks the Holy spirit advised you wrongly or it was not the Holy Spirit at all.... and you may need to search for the truth instead of being so assuming in your answers without knowing my question was asked in honesty.... and in the search of truth.

I didn't mean to imply it was you saying that...I honestly thought it was you saying that due to my skim reading, BY MISTAKE Karen, not by trying to trick you in any manner or to hurt you in any way or or to disparage what you are saying in any way...

Now getting to the answer to my question, you believe that the "Gospel" is not just the Books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, correct?

Last edited:

Jeremiah, I believe that you mean well, but while you are right that Jesus must be lifted up, you are wrong that I and those I do Bible study with do not do that.

The people I do Bible Study with--I am now more often the leader of the group than passive participant--are misleading nobody. They are godly people who love the Lord and serve Him with all their being including hands on work with the poor, the aged, the disabled, rehabilitating addicts and criminals, the sick, ministry to troubled marriages and many other tribulations people suffer, and of course the unsaved. These are people who not only love Jesus and hear and preach the Word, they live it and do it and trust Jesus to bring blessings from it.

But they also are not afraid to challenge their faith, to learn new and different truths, to question, and to ask why. They worship a God they believe to be tough enough and big enough and wise enough to appreciate those who want larger and more complete truths of the story of the people of God. They know their intellect, as well as their other gifts and talents, also come from God and he does not expect them to just put all that on the back burner and not use it.

I have devoted a great deal of my adult life to researching the truth as it was seen through the eyes of those who wrote down the words of the Bible and it is fascinating, inspiring, and edifying. It has not shaken my faith in the least but has strengthened it and provided insights that God has used to reach and teach others.

I think those who would put God in a box and say HERE!! This is what God is and what God does and what God wants are overstepping their authority. My God is far bigger, wiser, smarter, and knows what has gone on and is going on than I will ever know. And I have learned that he doesn't restrict himself on how anything has to be accomplished.

Thanks for caring, Dear, and for accepting what you believe is your leading to make a difference. But have some trust that everybody is not called in the same way or assigned to the same responsibilities. That too is Biblical.

Foxfyre, do not patronize me with this "Dear stuff".... I am not giving you my own ideas about "meaning well"... here I am telling you the Holy Spirit is showing me you are in error and as the people in your study - you say are drug addicts, etc, I do not believe they are the ones who are doing the "misleading" but rather the person in charge! Who are the people in charge of this bible study, Foxfyre? They must go! God forbid they harm one of these little ones, it would be better for them to put a millstone around their necks and drown themselves in the sea, Jesus said!

Let us examine together "your own words" concerning these people!

But they also are not afraid to challenge their faith, <------------ God never told us to challenge our own faith in Jesus Christ.. STRIKE ONE

to learn new and different truths,< ----------------- God never told us to learn new and different truths but rather to know the Word of God as IT IS WRITTEN. STRIKE TWO

to question, and to ask why.<---------------------- God never told us to question our faith or to ask why either... STRIKE THREE

They worship a God they believe to be tough enough and big enough and wise enough to appreciate those who want larger and more complete truths of the story of the people of God. They know their intellect <--------------------stop right there... God never told people to depend on their intellect, Foxfyre. They are not being "tough enough" or "wise enough" by considering lies that claim to be "more complete truths of the story of the people of God. HOGWASH.

You are in error, Foxfyre.

No one has put God in a box here but neither will I stand by when the Holy Spirit points something out to me about someone teaching error.

Listen up, my bible teaches me that when false teachers emerge, when the truth of God is attacked, it is time to fight for the faith. I believe it is time for me to put up the Epistle of Jude so that others here will understand how subtle false teachers can be. I will certainly pray for you that you are delivered from out of this persons clutches because as sure as the Lord lives, you are studying "false teachings!" I would highly recommend that no one listened to a word you said until you are delivered of this nonsense!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back