Good Job, FEMA!

Pretty good policy, riot, burn your own home down, then get paid to rebuild new. Whatta deal.

Makes sense to me ........... NOT !!!!!!!!

So you think that I should rebuild your house for you after you intentionally burn it down?

That is asinine.
No, I do NOT think that. That is so silly and pathetic.

Then why are you whining because FEMA said "no?"
I'm NOT whining about anything.

Than why the hell are you here?
Why am I where? What do you mean? Please explain. Thanks.

I don't support FEMA in anything, and never said that I did. In my opinion FEMA is a joke. Take a look at what FEMA did during and after Katrina.

I'd explain that to you but, well, you're just stupid

I say that since the mayor of Baltimore ordered the cops to stand down (claiming that "it's only property"), the people should hold her personally liable. If she had actually done her job, the damage wouldn't have happened.

It's about time.

Too many times in the past, rioters have destroyed major sections of the neighborhood they live in, knowing full well that the Feds will come in and pay for everything to be rebuilt or pay people in cash and watch as they leave.

Finally, FEMA tells these dirtbags to go to Hell -- Where they belong.

The question is....... Will the higher up criminals in the obama regime overturn this decision? I'm thinking 10 to 1, yes. They will.

But for now........

FEMA Denies Federal Taxpayer Disaster Aid To Cover Baltimore Riot And Looting Costs…

Baltimore will have to pay for the destruction zones.

Via Baltimore Sun

The Federal Emergency Management Agency has denied a state request for disaster aid to cover the costs associated with the rioting and unrest that broke out in Baltimore after the death of Freddie Gray.

W. Craig Fugate, FEMA’s administrator, wrote in a June 12 letter to Gov. Larry Hogan that federal disaster aid was “not appropriate” for such an event.

“Therefore, I must inform you that your request for a major disaster declaration is denied,” Fugate wrote.

Spokeswoman Erin Montgomery said Friday that the Hogan administration “is reviewing FEMA’s response and will make a determination about the appropriate next steps, including a possible appeal.”

A disaster declaration would allow public agencies and residents affected by the unrest to seek reimbursement for related costs.

City officials have reserved $20 million to cover direct costs, including overtime for police and firefighters, damage to city-owned property and repaying other jurisdictions for police and other assistance.

Howard Libit, a spokesman for Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, said Friday that the city is working on an appeal.

“We’re told we have 30 days to appeal,” he said. “We’re working with the federal delegation and Obama administration officials to assess what we might do to become eligible for reimbursement.”

Henry J. Raymond, Baltimore’s finance director, said in May that the city was covering the costs from its rainy-day fund but hoped for federal reimbursement of up to 75 percent of the costs.
Yet, the government doesn't bat an eye when it comes to rebuilding Iraq, building mosque on foreign soil, protecting the opium crops in Afghanistan, and supplying weapons to drug lords and terrorists. I guess doing something on American soil is totally out of the question. Sorry low down MF's.
In context with the OP, THIS sounds like you do not support the decision and think that FEMA should be paying Baltimore for the riots.

Everyone that has responded to you has read this in the same manner that I have so it appears you misspoke here.

So if you owned a house in a neighbourhood where riots broke out, and you didn't participate in those riots, but came home to find your house burned down, you wouldn't be pissed if you couldn't get aid to rebuild it?

People don't burn their own houses down, they burn down neighbourhoods because they don't own property, or anything else. They have no stake in their communities and are excluded from owning property.

It's about time.

Too many times in the past, rioters have destroyed major sections of the neighborhood they live in, knowing full well that the Feds will come in and pay for everything to be rebuilt or pay people in cash and watch as they leave.

The question is....... Will the higher up criminals in the obama regime overturn this decision? I'm thinking 10 to 1, yes. They will.

But for now........

FEMA Denies Federal Taxpayer Disaster Aid To Cover Baltimore Riot And Looting Costs…

Via Baltimore Sun

The Federal Emergency Management Agency has denied a state request for disaster aid to cover the costs associated with the rioting and unrest that broke out in Baltimore after the death of Freddie Gray.

W. Craig Fugate, FEMA’s administrator, wrote in a June 12 letter to Gov. Larry Hogan that federal disaster aid was “not appropriate” for such an event.

“Therefore, I must inform you that your request for a major disaster declaration is denied,” Fugate wrote.

Spokeswoman Erin Montgomery said Friday that the Hogan administration “is reviewing FEMA’s response and will make a determination about the appropriate next steps, including a possible appeal.”

A disaster declaration would allow public agencies and residents affected by the unrest to seek reimbursement for related costs.

City officials have reserved $20 million to cover direct costs, including overtime for police and firefighters, damage to city-owned property and repaying other jurisdictions for police and other assistance.

Howard Libit, a spokesman for Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, said Friday that the city is working on an appeal.

“We’re told we have 30 days to appeal,” he said. “We’re working with the federal delegation and Obama administration officials to assess what we might do to become eligible for reimbursement.”

Henry J. Raymond, Baltimore’s finance director, said in May that the city was covering the costs from its rainy-day fund but hoped for federal reimbursement of up to 75 percent of the costs.
Yet, the government doesn't bat an eye when it comes to rebuilding Iraq, building mosque on foreign soil, protecting the opium crops in Afghanistan, and supplying weapons to drug lords and terrorists. I guess doing something on American soil is totally out of the question. Sorry low down MF's.

The mayor of Baltimore allowed those criminals to rampage the city. Why should I pay taxes to pay for the damage they caused?
I don't recall saying that you should pay for anything.
Then you support the FEMA decision? You can't seem to make up your mind whether you support it or oppose it.
I don't support FEMA in anything, and never said that I did. In my opinion FEMA is a joke. Take a look at what FEMA did during and after Katrina.

I took a look and this is what I found.

"NEW ORLEANS – In the continued recovery from hurricanes Katrina and Rita, the Federal Emergency Management Agency has provided nearly$19.6 billionto help Louisiana’s communities and families rebuild and protect their property against future hazards.

“Since 2005, FEMA has remained committed to Louisiana’s post-Katrina and Rita recovery. In the last eight years, we have funded one of the most significant comebacks in the history of natural disasters. This would not have been possible without the strong partnerships we share with our state and local recovery partners,” said FEMA’s Louisiana Recovery Office Executive Director Mike Womack.

FEMA’sPublic Assistance Programassists in rebuilding disaster-damaged public infrastructure, such as roads and bridges, publicly owned utilities, schools, police and fire departments and healthcare facilities. FEMA has provided approximately$11.9 billionin public assistance funding to 1,849 Louisiana applicants for their Katrina and Rita recovery projects.

“In the past year alone, parish governments have held more than 50 groundbreaking and ribbon cutting events related to Katrina and Rita projects. These celebrations highlight the hard work and commitment that spurs the progress being made every day in Louisiana,” said Womack. “Our new, online photo essay atwww.fema.gov/la8yearoffers a glimpse at some of the major, completed projects in local parishes.”

FEMA’sHazard Mitigation Grant Programhelps communities rebuild stronger and smarter by providing grants for projects that are designed to save lives and protect properties. Specifically, in response to hurricanes Katrina and Rita, FEMA has made more than$1.86 billionin HMGP funding available to the state of Louisiana.

Regarding individuals and families, after hurricanes Katrina and Rita, hundreds of thousands of Louisiana residents needed help rebuilding their lives. To aid these residents, FEMA provided approximately$5.8 billioninIndividuals and Households Programgrants to 915,884 individuals and families statewide. These dollars were used as housing assistance for rent, repairs and replacement housing, as well as other needs assistance for such things as furniture, clothing and replacement vehicles.

FEMA also housed more than 92,000 households in travel trailers, park models and mobile homes across Louisiana to combat the largest housing shortage ever seen in the agency’s history. Units were located on private properties, at industrial sites, in commercial mobile home parks and across 111 FEMA built and maintained group sites throughout the state. The last temporary housing unit was vacated last year in 2012."

Louisiana Recovery Eight Years after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita FEMA.gov

It's about time.

But for now........

Via Baltimore Sun

In context with the OP, THIS sounds like you do not support the decision and think that FEMA should be paying Baltimore for the riots.

Everyone that has responded to you has read this in the same manner that I have so it appears you misspoke here.
I did NOT misspeak. I said exactly what I meant, and mean exactly what I said.

So if you owned a house in a neighbourhood where riots broke out, and you didn't participate in those riots, but came home to find your house burned down, you wouldn't be pissed if you couldn't get aid to rebuild it?

People don't burn their own houses down, they burn down neighbourhoods because they don't own property, or anything else. They have no stake in their communities and are excluded from owning property.

I would be pissed, then I would dial my insurance number.

It's about time.

But for now........

Via Baltimore Sun

Fine - then explain why you support FEMA paying baltimore for the riots.

Because that is exactly what you said.

It's about time.

But for now........

Via Baltimore Sun

That is NOT exactly what I said.
HERE IS WHAT I DID SAY:
I do NOT support FEMA in anything, period. I do NOT support the government in anything.

It's about time.

But for now........

Via Baltimore Sun

That is NOT exactly what I said.
HERE IS WHAT I DID SAY:
I do NOT support FEMA in anything, period. I do NOT support the government in anything.
And I already told you what that meant in context and you stood up and resoundingly said you meant every word.

Look, I asked you if you misspoke and you said you didn't. I am not the only one reading what you said in that manner - EVERYONE in this thread is getting the exact same message.

You do understand that when there is a communication problem and no one understands what the person is stating it is not an issue of the listener but rather the speaker, right.

Here you are. Communicate clearly or continue to act like a child and demand you are - I care not. This conversation is no longer worth my time.

Forum List

Back