GOP candidates could be bumped from primary debates

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — A broad consensus is beginning to take hold among Republican party officials that the presidential primary debates shouldn’t include any more than a dozen candidates — despite the fact that there might be as many as 19 declared candidates by the time the primary debates start this August.

Though the precise criteria for debate participation ultimately will be decided by the networks staging them — and party leaders continue to insist nothing has been finalized — there is behind-the-scenes agreement here at the Republican National Committee spring meeting that the first debates should be capped at 12 candidates.

The RNC’s preferences are merely guidelines for the media organizations sponsoring the debates. Nevertheless, the party hopes to influence the discussion by suggesting limits on the number of candidates — although in a sign of the sensitivities surrounding the idea of a hard cap, RNC spokesman Sean Spicer won’t refer to it as such.

GOP candidates could be bumped from primary debates - Eli Stokols and Dylan Byers - POLITICO

I think this is the nice way of telling the Repubs that the decision will be made for you.

It's rather disgusting.

Your last sentence is rather amusing considering you have ONE FUCKING OPTION and she is hiding from the media.

Just like this far left drone was going to vote for Hilary in 2008 until the far left told them they needed to vote for Obama..

Nothing new here................

The Status Quo will be maintained on both sides..............

Am I surprised...............NO.

Nothing new here................

The Status Quo will be maintained on both sides..............

Am I surprised...............NO.

I agree. I know every election cycle that the media, and especially the debates, creates this fantastical illusion of choice when there isn't. It would save a lot of money if they just did the private runway walk in the swimsuit category and then let everyone know whom they chose.

Forum List

Back