GOP Final Debate Before FL. Primary

Dear Avatar,

Do yourself a favor......don't attempt to look down your nose at me. I am not there.

My impression of Avatar, is that he doesn't look "down his nose" at anyone.

Stepping back, I think he may be right there. I let my passion get the best of me and it came across the wrong way.

Really?? I have been following the debate and not this thread...so forgive me for an impression that could not have been based on all the facts. :)

I don't want to give anyone the impression that I am anything other than an asshole when it comes to my contribution here......but I must insist on being characterized as a very fair and honest asshole.

Dang, I got my beer nuts and Boulevard Wheat beer only to find out its already over. Damnit, I thought it started at 9.

Sigh, beer and punditry just isn't the same.

Who came out on top?

Conservatives think that listening to Newt is a hoot, and they love it when he gets the crowds wound up. The problem is that they never quite realized the crowd wasn’t in on the con. The rank-and-file actually took Newt seriously, and now party leaders have to figure out how to suck the fetid air back out of the Gingrich-inspired fever swamps without losing their core audience of old people and the white working class, who are voting for their side because they’re scared to death that Barack Obama is destroying western civilization

http://motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2012/01/voting-newt-island-turns-out-be-surprisingly-hard

^^^^

This.

Interesting debate.

I didn't get to watch the beginning, but based on what I saw, I couldn't pick a clear winner.

They all did very well.

When Santorum is not talking about religion, I like him a lot. He obviously has wide and deep experience in many vital aspects of U.S. political life.

When he is talking about religion. do you dislike him a lot? And....when is he not talking about religion?

Last edited:
Dang, I got my beer nuts and Boulevard Wheat beer only to find out its already over. Damnit, I thought it started at 9.

Who came out on top?

I'm sure there will be a replay after the CNN analysis.....

Who came out on top?

I think Mitt did. Thought his answers were better. He had the Crowd cheering for him a number of times.

Newt had a few good answers. But it wasnt his best performance.

Paul had me cracking up at times.

Santorum had a good showing. He made some excellent points.

I was very glad to see some more time to all the candidates.

When Santorum is not talking about religion, I like him a lot. He obviously has wide and deep experience in many vital aspects of U.S. political life.

Whane he is talking about religion. do you dislike him a lot? And....when is he not talking about religion?

If you don't acknowledge that he often talks about things other than religion, then does that mean you have not been paying attention? Or does that say more about you being unwilling to acknowledge things which don't fit into the narrative about him?

When he is talking about religion, he tends to make me uncomfortable.

Too bad they chose to turn it into a Carnival Clown Show again. Very unprofessional, un-presidential.

I wonder if the GObP will come up with a real candidate and leave this bunch in their stalled Clown Car.

Santorum blurs the line between church and state.

I don't like that.

There isnt a line between Church and State to blur.

With all due respect there has been and it should continue. I have no disrespect for those that believe but I don't want it pushed down my throat by my govt.

Neither Santorum nor anyone else is trying to push anything down your throat.

But if we continue to deny the role faith and the role Judeo-Christian values played in establishing this nation, we will never restore it to it's proper place in the world.

There isnt a line between Church and State to blur.

With all due respect there has been and it should continue. I have no disrespect for those that believe but I don't want it pushed down my throat by my govt.

Neither Santorum nor anyone else is trying to push anything down your throat.

But if we continue to deny the role faith and the role Judeo-Christian values played in establishing this nation, we will never restore it to it's proper place in the world.

I am beginning to doubt your open mindedness. If you can't see that Santorum has been pandering to the religious right then I can't help you. It's painfully obvious to me.

I am beginning to doubt your open mindedness. If you can't see that Santorum has been pandering to the religious right then I can't help you. It's painfully obvious to me.

He's not pandering at all. Those are his geniune beliefs.

You can believe in something and still be pandering... Santorum wants to make it a federal law that Gays can't get married, that's 100% unconstitutional and 100% bigoted.

So the real question is, how did Paul do? I missed the debate =D

Forum List

Back