GOP jobs agenda

Jobs are created by demand... people who put their money back into the economy(middle and lower class working folk) are what drive the economy. No demand... no job creation.

Jobs are NOT created by demand...they are created by an anticipation of profit! No profit...no job creation. You can have all the demand you want but if you aren't making money creating the product or providing the service then you're not going to invest capital to create a business.

Business does not create jobs. Jobs are created by consumer demand

Both private sector (individual) and public sector (collective) a business has no existence without the consumer needs and wants. It is the consumer that creates the jobs, and it is producers that fill them.

A business is simply a framework for a joint venture between a group of economic system participants to produce a product or service that is needed or in demand because of want by other economic system participants.

"Business does not create jobs."

BWHAHAHAHAH!!

I crack up every time I see that.

"Business does not create jobs. Jobs are created by consumer demand, needs, wants and individual inventors" ~Richard Gerber.

The Real Job Creators: Consumers

Second and more fundamentally, no matter how much you lower costs, if you don’t have more customers, you won’t hire more workers. If the demand for goods and services stays where it is today and we only cut industry taxes and regulations, there is absolutely no reason to think that firms would expand employment

...The direct route to reducing unemployment is boosting demand, not reducing costs.

The Real Job Creators Consumers - Forbes

the only way the supply siders will EVER have a REMOTE chance of being successful is to cut spending to the BONE. The 1st day of the new congress RW's jump on SS tooth and claw ... looks like more tax cuts are on the horizon.

shocking !!

same old shit different day.

That's got to be a LIE., After 8 years of Dubya/GOP 'job creator policies, there were jobs everywhere right? I mean since Obama/Dems passed the 'jobs killer law, Obamacares Feb 2010, there have 11 million PRIVATE sector jobs created. I bet Dubya/GOP had 22+ million right?

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

You refuted nothing I said. This recession has created a need for people to take two and three jobs to make ends meet. Many jobs are 30 hours, just a fact. Not sure what Bush had to do with this now.
Just NOT a fact!

There are LESS people working PT for economic reasons now than when Obama took office.
Now that's FACT!

Federal Reserve Bank San Francisco What s Behind the Increase in Part-Time Work
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/08/the-rise-of-part-time-work/

Here's What Obama's 'Part-Time America' Really Looks Like
The president's critics love this talking point. But since 2010, full-time jobs are up 7.6 million, and part-time jobs have declined by more than 900,000.

Here s What Obama s Part-Time America Really Looks Like - The Atlantic

The Spectacular Myth of Obama's Part-Time America—in 5 Graphs
A falsifiable claim, falsified

The first thing you would expect to see from a Part-Time America is that the number of part-time jobs added would rival the number of full-time jobs added. But in the last year, new full-time jobs outnumbered part-time jobs by 1.8 million to 8,000. For every new part-time job, we're creating 225 full-time positions.

full-time-versus-part-time-hires-1.png

The Spectacular Myth of Obama s Part-Time America mdash in 5 Graphs - The Atlantic

How about actually going the government site to see the real numbers and facts.
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

DOES THE FACT THAT BLS NUMBERS SHOW UNEMPLOYMENT GOING DOWN PRIVATE EMPLOYMENT IS UP, CHANGE MY POSIT? LOL

That's got to be a LIE., After 8 years of Dubya/GOP 'job creator policies, there were jobs everywhere right? I mean since Obama/Dems passed the 'jobs killer law, Obamacares Feb 2010, there have 11 million PRIVATE sector jobs created. I bet Dubya/GOP had 22+ million right?

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

You refuted nothing I said. This recession has created a need for people to take two and three jobs to make ends meet. Many jobs are 30 hours, just a fact. Not sure what Bush had to do with this now.
Just NOT a fact!

There are LESS people working PT for economic reasons now than when Obama took office.
Now that's FACT!

The president's critics love this talking point. But since 2010, full-time jobs are up 7.6 million, and part-time jobs have declined by more than 900,000.

The first thing you would expect to see from a Part-Time America is that the number of part-time jobs added would rival the number of full-time jobs added. But in the last year, new full-time jobs outnumbered part-time jobs by 1.8 million to 8,000. For every new part-time job, we're creating 225 full-time positions.

The Spectacular Myth of Obama s Part-Time America mdash in 5 Graphs - The Atlantic

bla bla bla ..

how about you go buy a 250,000 sq ft building, fill it up with a product, hire 50 people to run it, then PRAY customers come and buy from you and your business grows from there ..

Just NOT a fact!

Now that's FACT!

DOES THE FACT THAT BLS NUMBERS SHOW UNEMPLOYMENT GOING DOWN PRIVATE EMPLOYMENT IS UP, CHANGE MY POSIT? LOL

Yes

Weird, NOW it's cut taxes AND Gov't in order for the 'job creators' to do their thing? lol

Real world contradicts right-wing tax theories
California raised taxes, Kansas cut them. California did better

Ever since economist Arthur Laffer drew his namesake curve on a napkin for two officials in President Richard Nixon’s administration four decades ago, we have been told that cutting tax rates spurs jobs and higher pay, while hiking taxes does the opposite.

Now, thanks to recent tax cuts in Kansas and tax hikes in California, we have real-world tests of this idea. So far, the results do not support Laffer’s insistence that lower tax rates always result in more and better-paying jobs. In fact, Kansas’ tax cuts produced much slower job and wage growth than in California.

The empirical evidence that the Laffer curve is not what its promoter insists joins other real-world experience undermining the widely held belief that minimum wage increases reduce employment and income.

Real world contradicts right-wing tax theories Al Jazeera America

You obviously have me confused with someone who said tax cuts alone would boost the economy.

BTW, I'm not interested in responding to your spam.

Good you agree, tax cuts have a VERY small stimulative effect, especially to Corps and 'job creators'

Kansas Governor Sam Brownback says he must take “corrective action” to close a projected $280 million budget hole created by his income-tax cuts and plans to reduce spending on pensions and highways.

....The budget moves, which include diverting almost $100 million from highway funds and cutting the contribution to the public employees’ retirement system by $41 million, followed claims of the governor’s opponents that tax cuts approved in 2012 would result in deep spending reductions.

Brownback to Cut Pensions Roads to Close Kansas Budget Deficit - Bloomberg

Yep, tax cuts don't matter that much as long as the system isn't too progressive. It's spending cuts that matter. Every dollar the government spends is a dollar of goods and services that weren't available to the private sector.

We love the spending reductions. Kansas has to many state workers sucking on the teat of it's private sector as it is.

Ask duddypeepee how many kansas cities have gone bankrupt. lol.

I did.

It shut his ass up real fast.

Really? lol

Because ONLY BK cities are the judgement of health of a state? Kansas ranks at the bottom of job growth, although they invoked the GOP 'supply side' policy. Go figure!!!

The unemployment rate in Kansas is 4.3%. How much lower do you think it can go?

There are only 9 states with a lower unemployment rate. So how is Kansas performing poorly on the jobs front?

Jobs are created by demand... people who put their money back into the economy(middle and lower class working folk) are what drive the economy. No demand... no job creation.

Jobs are NOT created by demand...they are created by an anticipation of profit! No profit...no job creation. You can have all the demand you want but if you aren't making money creating the product or providing the service then you're not going to invest capital to create a business.

Both private sector (individual) and public sector (collective) a business has no existence without the consumer needs and wants. It is the consumer that creates the jobs, and it is producers that fill them.

A business is simply a framework for a joint venture between a group of economic system participants to produce a product or service that is needed or in demand because of want by other economic system participants.

Oh yeah?
Consumers demanded that they wanted pet rocks so one entrepreneur came up with it?
Sure - Pet rocks did nothing, it was not a service that was needed or in demand until the guy came up with it.
Business and the entrepreneur's is what makes growth and gives people jobs.

'A business is simply a framework for a joint venture between a group of economic system participants to produce a product or service that is needed or in demand because of want by other economic system participants.'

Did you get that from the Communist Party website?

BWHAHAHAHAH!!

"Business does not create jobs. Jobs are created by consumer demand, needs, wants and individual inventors" ~Richard Gerber.

Second and more fundamentally, no matter how much you lower costs, if you don’t have more customers, you won’t hire more workers. If the demand for goods and services stays where it is today and we only cut industry taxes and regulations, there is absolutely no reason to think that firms would expand employment

...The direct route to reducing unemployment is boosting demand, not reducing costs.

Who the hell is David Gerber? What makes him the ultimate authority on anything?

Just NOT a fact!

Now that's FACT!

bla bla bla ..

how about you go buy a 250,000 sq ft building, fill it up with a product, hire 50 people to run it, then PRAY customers come and buy from you and your business grows from there ..

I had my own printing business run from my home.
I paid for the products to do that business before I got any customers, plus a business license which was not easy to do because of all the government paper work required and the fee price.
I advertised and people called and wanted my service.
As my service spread by the products I made the more customers I got because I did a very good job at the custom print jobs they wanted.
If I had wanted to go bigger and had wanted to expand my business then I would have gotten a building and hired more workers. I did not want to do that.
My small little home business worked just fine.

Just NOT a fact!

Now that's FACT!

bla bla bla ..

SO NO, YOUR PREMISE THAT THERE ARE MORE PT WORKERS WAS BULLSHIT, THANKS

The last 40 years of conservative think tank legislation has killed the economy

Consumer Spending Will Not Save Our economy: Pay Fell 7% in Last Decade and Economists Say It Won’t Catch Up Before 2021; Even College Graduates See Salaries Slide

Americans’ incomes have dropped since 2000 and they aren’t expected to make up the lost ground before 2021, according to economists in the latest Wall Street Journal forecasting survey.

From 2000 to 2010, median income in the U.S. declined 7% after adjusting for inflation, according to Census data. That marks the worst 10-year performance in records going back to 1967.

U.S. Incomes Seen Stagnant Through 2021 - WSJ

Yes

NO

Yes

NO

Yes
The civilian labor force participation rate held at 62.8% in Nov. and has been essentially unchanged since April.

You obviously have me confused with someone who said tax cuts alone would boost the economy.

BTW, I'm not interested in responding to your spam.

Good you agree, tax cuts have a VERY small stimulative effect, especially to Corps and 'job creators'

Kansas Governor Sam Brownback says he must take “corrective action” to close a projected $280 million budget hole created by his income-tax cuts and plans to reduce spending on pensions and highways.

....The budget moves, which include diverting almost $100 million from highway funds and cutting the contribution to the public employees’ retirement system by $41 million, followed claims of the governor’s opponents that tax cuts approved in 2012 would result in deep spending reductions.

Yep, tax cuts don't matter that much as long as the system isn't too progressive. It's spending cuts that matter. Every dollar the government spends is a dollar of goods and services that weren't available to the private sector.

We love the spending reductions. Kansas has to many state workers sucking on the teat of it's private sector as it is.

I did.

Really? lol

Because ONLY BK cities are the judgement of health of a state? Kansas ranks at the bottom of job growth, although they invoked the GOP 'supply side' policy. Go figure!!!

There are only 9 states with a lower unemployment rate. So how is Kansas performing poorly on the jobs front?

Kansas unemployment rate hits five-year low, but 2013 job growth lags behind Missouri

The Brownback tax cuts became effective in January 2013.

KANSAS
(with tax cuts)

Total non-farm employment:12/12:

12/13:

One-year job growth:

One-year job growth rate:
.7 percent

Unemployment rate:12/12:
5.5 percent

12/13:
4.9 percent

MISSOURI
(without tax cuts)

Total non-farm employment12/12:

12/13:

One-year job growth:

1.3 percent

6.6 percent

Kansas unemployment rate hits five-year low but 2013 job growth lags behind Missouri The Kansas City Star

• Kansas unemployment rate steady, jobs data mixed
    Average wages up, hours down
Kansas unemployment rate steady jobs data mixed CJOnline.com

AND THEIR BUDGET SITUATION? DID GOP TAX CUTS DO ANYTHING BUT CUT THE REVENUES? lol

I did.

Really? lol

Kansas unemployment rate hits five-year low, but 2013 job growth lags behind Missouri

KANSAS
(with tax cuts)

12/13:

One-year job growth:

.7 percent

5.5 percent

12/13:
4.9 percent

MISSOURI
(without tax cuts)

12/13:

One-year job growth:

1.3 percent

6.6 percent

Kansas unemployment rate hits five-year low but 2013 job growth lags behind Missouri The Kansas City Star

AND THEIR BUDGET SITUATION? DID GOP TAX CUTS DO ANYTHING BUT CUT THE REVENUES? lol

The Kansas unemployment rate today is 4.3%.

Unemployment Rates for States

End of story.

Why not follow Kansas jobs plan? You cut taxes (in the name of the wealthy) and whamo you have a major deficit. Then you cut everything you can so nothing resembles anything workable and you are billions in the hole. So what do you do to close the gap? Cut taxes again of course. The jobs come pouring in alright. In the surrounding states. Who in their right mind would go to a state ewith lousy education and a low standard of living? Answer? Nobody.

Aside from taxes, what have they cut? The fact is they haven't cut a thing. IF nothing works, it isn't the fault of the tax cut.
How can you be so dumb to not understand that cutting revenue creates deficits? It doesn't get more simple than that.

Where did I say cutting revenue doesn't create deficits? However, cutting taxes and cutting government at the same time will promote job growth. That isn't what Kansas did.
Cutting taxes and jobs promotes job growth? Taxes and jobs have nothing to do with revenue? Huh? I give up. No wonder Republicans refuse to invest in education for their base. Can you blame them?

BWHAHAHAHAH!!

Who the hell is David Gerber? What makes him the ultimate authority on anything?

Weird, I thought after having 30+ years of supply side theory at work, with MANY examples of failure (see Brownback, Uncle Mitlie's Chile experiment, Dubya, Ronnie 11 tax increases, etc), I thought you Klowns MIGHT grow a brain and stop pushing this bullshit that biz create jobs. I guess you guys will NEVER stop advocating for the Corps!

I did.

Really? lol

KANSAS
(with tax cuts)

12/13:

One-year job growth:

.7 percent

5.5 percent

12/13:
4.9 percent

MISSOURI
(without tax cuts)

12/13:

One-year job growth:

1.3 percent

6.6 percent

End of story.

For simple minds like cons have, yep, others compare it to their neighbors economy and the budget shortfall it created!

Why not follow Kansas jobs plan? You cut taxes (in the name of the wealthy) and whamo you have a major deficit. Then you cut everything you can so nothing resembles anything workable and you are billions in the hole. So what do you do to close the gap? Cut taxes again of course. The jobs come pouring in alright. In the surrounding states. Who in their right mind would go to a state ewith lousy education and a low standard of living? Answer? Nobody.

Aside from taxes, what have they cut? The fact is they haven't cut a thing. IF nothing works, it isn't the fault of the tax cut.
How can you be so dumb to not understand that cutting revenue creates deficits? It doesn't get more simple than that.

Where did I say cutting revenue doesn't create deficits? However, cutting taxes and cutting government at the same time will promote job growth. That isn't what Kansas did.
Cutting taxes and jobs promotes job growth? Taxes and jobs have nothing to do with revenue? Huh? I give up. No wonder Republicans refuse to invest in education for their base. Can you blame them?

By "jobs" you mean ticks on the ass of society. You mean government workers who produce nothing that anyone would pay for voluntarily.

BTW. I said cutting taxes and cutting government would increase jobs. For every tick we cut from the government payroll, two private sector jobs are created.

bla bla bla ..

SO NO, YOUR PREMISE THAT THERE ARE MORE PT WORKERS WAS BULLSHIT, THANKS

The last 40 years of conservative think tank legislation has killed the economy

Consumer Spending Will Not Save Our economy: Pay Fell 7% in Last Decade and Economists Say It Won’t Catch Up Before 2021; Even College Graduates See Salaries Slide

Americans’ incomes have dropped since 2000 and they aren’t expected to make up the lost ground before 2021, according to economists in the latest Wall Street Journal forecasting survey.

From 2000 to 2010, median income in the U.S. declined 7% after adjusting for inflation, according to Census data. That marks the worst 10-year performance in records going back to 1967.

U.S. Incomes Seen Stagnant Through 2021 - WSJ

It's the liberal think tank legislation that has killed the economy for the last 40 years.
The Democrats have controlled the Congress for 36 of the last 50 years

I did.

Really? lol

KANSAS
(with tax cuts)

12/13:

One-year job growth:

.7 percent

5.5 percent

12/13:
4.9 percent

MISSOURI
(without tax cuts)

12/13:

One-year job growth:

1.3 percent

6.6 percent

End of story.

For simple minds like cons have, yep, others compare it to their neighbors economy and the budget shortfall it created!

Why would anyone compare it to its neighbors? The unemployment rate and the budget shortfall are not something you compare: apples and oranges.

BTW, none of the stuff you posted compares the Kansas economy to the economy if its neighbors, so why didn't you do what you say you should have done?

Forum List

Back