GOP jobs agenda

Your link does not support your claim that one half of the 3 million jobs added last year were part time

Please try again

Part-time jobs America s hidden unemployment crisis - Nov. 20 2014
Seven million Americans are stuck in part-time jobs.
Overall U.S. unemployment has fallen steeply in the past year (from 7.2% in October 2013 to 5.8% in October 2014), but too many people can only find part-time positions.
The number of people working part-time involuntarily is more than 50% higher than when the recession began.

You and I are pissing into the wind, since all rightwinger is doing is posting BS to get his number of posts higher. If you haven't noticed, he is a complete waste of bandwidth and I am going to put him on ignore so I don't have to scroll past his pathetic partisan crap.

"You and I are pissing into the wind, since all rightwinger is doing is posting BS to get his number of posts higher. If you haven't noticed, he is a complete waste of bandwidth and I am going to put him on ignore so I don't have to scroll past his pathetic partisan crap."- TooTall

TooTall's description of Rightwinger actually describes 10's of hundred posters from both sides of the aisle and most of these are from the right side of the aisle. Yet, he is mum on that.

Do you have a problem with that? And, 10's of hundreds is beyond absurd.

No and yes. I have no problem with people posting all day. Yes, I always find it amusing when someone points at the other side on something, yet ignores the fact that their side does the same exact thing, even more so.. Now that's "pathetic partisan crap".
Oh and maybe I did exaggerate a tad regarding the total amount of people who sit in front of their PC all day posting like crazy. :rolleyes-41:

It's called a 'Mandate.' Get used to it Communists. Elections have consequences.

The Truth About ‘The Republican Mandate': 50 Percent More People Have Voted Democrat Since 2010

According to a study conducted by FairVote, the 46 Democrats currently sitting in Senate have gotten 20.7 million more votes over the 2010, 2012 and 2014 elections than the 56 Republicans. Tallied up, that’s 67.8 million to Dems, and 47.1 million to Republicans. Or, to put it another way:

Democrats got a full 50 percent more votes than Republicans, and lost nine seats.

You lost. Deal with it. Moving on..

Mandate? :confused-84:
The voter participation rare was at about 36% of all voters voted which translate to the GOP actually getting around 23-24% of the vote of all eligible voters. That voter participation was the lowest in 72 years.
The reason? Apathy directed at both parties. As Republicans love to be angry all the time, they usually do well in low voter participation turnouts and the participation of their angry all-the-time base. :eusa_angel:

Jobs are created by demand... people who put their money back into the economy(middle and lower class working folk) are what drive the economy. No demand... no job creation.

Jobs are NOT created by demand...they are created by an anticipation of profit! No profit...no job creation. You can have all the demand you want but if you aren't making money creating the product or providing the service then you're not going to invest capital to create a business.

Business does not create jobs. Jobs are created by consumer demand

Both private sector (individual) and public sector (collective) a business has no existence without the consumer needs and wants. It is the consumer that creates the jobs, and it is producers that fill them.

A business is simply a framework for a joint venture between a group of economic system participants to produce a product or service that is needed or in demand because of want by other economic system participants.

You mean the "Force workers to work for minimum wage Jobs Bill"?

or the "End all Environmental Protections Jobs Bill"?

Tell that to those that have had to take two and three jobs because to current economy provides the low paying jobs.

That's got to be a LIE., After 8 years of Dubya/GOP 'job creator policies, there were jobs everywhere right? I mean since Obama/Dems passed the 'jobs killer law, Obamacares Feb 2010, there have 11 million PRIVATE sector jobs created. I bet Dubya/GOP had 22+ million right?

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

You refuted nothing I said. This recession has created a need for people to take two and three jobs to make ends meet. Many jobs are 30 hours, just a fact. Not sure what Bush had to do with this now.
Just NOT a fact!

There are LESS people working PT for economic reasons now than when Obama took office.
Now that's FACT!

Federal Reserve Bank San Francisco What s Behind the Increase in Part-Time Work
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/08/the-rise-of-part-time-work/

Here's What Obama's 'Part-Time America' Really Looks Like
The president's critics love this talking point. But since 2010, full-time jobs are up 7.6 million, and part-time jobs have declined by more than 900,000.

Here s What Obama s Part-Time America Really Looks Like - The Atlantic

The Spectacular Myth of Obama's Part-Time America—in 5 Graphs
A falsifiable claim, falsified

The first thing you would expect to see from a Part-Time America is that the number of part-time jobs added would rival the number of full-time jobs added. But in the last year, new full-time jobs outnumbered part-time jobs by 1.8 million to 8,000. For every new part-time job, we're creating 225 full-time positions.

full-time-versus-part-time-hires-1.png

The Spectacular Myth of Obama s Part-Time America mdash in 5 Graphs - The Atlantic

You keep going back to the tax cuts for businesses. I told you that I was simply commenting on the principle of cutting back for the good of the state.

I did offer my opinion on coporate taxes, I stated that I believe tax breaks for companies is a viable economic strategy - and that I would prefer any tax cuts to be incentive based, something separate from the plan in question. Nonetheless, I can't reasonably call this economic ideology a failure as it was simply perverted of its original intent by greedy companies. You cannot 100% say that tax cuts for businesses is a failure because of this. You don't have to agree with that ideal, but I would think that any honest person would recognize the failure wasn't necessarily in the plan.but in the unintended loopholes.

GOOD OF THE STATE? You mean in the rear in job creation? Or cutting back services? You mean the 'job creators (1%ers) have more money to offshore jobs with?

THIS economic ideology has NEVER worked ANYTIME the GOP tried it!

Loopholes? Oh you mean the ones the GOP placed in there OOPs

Weird hoe California increased taxes AND has a stronger job AND economic picture right?
Why do you keep on attributing me to arguments I have never made? You are getting yourself in a self created rage as you ignore what I am saying and fictionalize the rest.

Got it, you want to change the original posit to one you like better, Gov't should work with less, IGNORE the promise of the GOP/Brownback, or the failed policy of the GOP
You got him pegged dead-to-rights.

Yes a far left drone agreeing with another far left drone..

Yet the far left did nothing to create jobs as close to 40% of the labor force is still out of work 6 years under the far left Obama.

LIAR. I'm shocked

Retirement Among Baby Boomers Contributing To Shrinking Labor Force. According to The Washington Post, many economists agree the shrinking labor force participation rate is largely explained by a demographic shift, wherein "baby boomers are starting to retire en masse":

Demographics have always played a big role in the rise and fall of the labor force. Between 1960 and 2000, the labor force in the United States surged from 59 percent to a peak of 67.3 percent. That was largely due to the fact that more women were entering the labor force while improvements in health and information technology allowed Americans to work more years.

But since 2000, the labor force rate has been steadily declining as the baby-boom generation has been retiring. Because of this, the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago expects the labor force participation rate to be lower in 2020 than it is today, regardless of how well the economy does.

The incredible shrinking labor force - The Washington Post

It's called a 'Mandate.' Get used to it Communists. Elections have consequences.

The Truth About ‘The Republican Mandate': 50 Percent More People Have Voted Democrat Since 2010

According to a study conducted by FairVote, the 46 Democrats currently sitting in Senate have gotten 20.7 million more votes over the 2010, 2012 and 2014 elections than the 56 Republicans. Tallied up, that’s 67.8 million to Dems, and 47.1 million to Republicans. Or, to put it another way:

Democrats got a full 50 percent more votes than Republicans, and lost nine seats.

You lost. Deal with it. Moving on..

Mandate? :confused-84:
The voter participation rare was at about 36% of all voters voted which translate to the GOP actually getting around 23-24% of the vote of all eligible voters. That voter participation was the lowest in 72 years.
The reason? Apathy directed at both parties. As Republicans love to be angry all the time, they usually do well in low voter participation turnouts and the participation of their angry all-the-time base. :eusa_angel:

You lost. Deal with it. Moving on...

Oh yes....I forgot all those "Kill Obamacare Jobs Bills"

I could provide a few dozen jobs bills that were passed by the House, but you would probably forget them.

You mean the "Force workers to work for minimum wage Jobs Bill"?

or the "End all Environmental Protections Jobs Bill"?

Tell that to those that have had to take two and three jobs because to current economy provides the low paying jobs.

That's got to be a LIE., After 8 years of Dubya/GOP 'job creator policies, there were jobs everywhere right? I mean since Obama/Dems passed the 'jobs killer law, Obamacares Feb 2010, there have 11 million PRIVATE sector jobs created. I bet Dubya/GOP had 22+ million right?

You refuted nothing I said. This recession has created a need for people to take two and three jobs to make ends meet. Many jobs are 30 hours, just a fact. Not sure what Bush had to do with this now.

The president's critics love this talking point. But since 2010, full-time jobs are up 7.6 million, and part-time jobs have declined by more than 900,000.

The Spectacular Myth of Obama s Part-Time America mdash in 5 Graphs - The Atlantic

With Republicans taking over Congress today, prepare to be dazzled with their jobs agenda. It is what we have been waiting six years for

In the new Congress, Republicans will have the majority in both the Senate and the House for the first time in eight years. As they get ready to take power, their rhetorical focus is clear: jobs, the economy, and more jobs.
So far, there are two main proposals on deck for the GOP. First, the Hire More Heroes Act, which would make it easier for small businesses that hire veterans to deny health care to their employees. Second, they want to immediately build the Keystone XL pipeline, a project that would transport oil from Canada to the Gulf Coast.
On their own, these are both extremely small-bore policies. But as a jobs agenda, this doesn't even rise to the level of pitiful. It's the latest evidence that Republicans continue to struggle with basic macroeconomics — and it does not bode well for the nation should they win the White House in 2016.

Sorry Republicans The Keystone XL pipeline is not a jobs agenda - The Week

Liberal Dictionary:
===========================================
Jobs Agenda - crony capitalism, pork, corporate welfare, Democrat reelection slush fund

Ahh, the ole' "crony capitalism, pork, corporate welfare" claim. Interestingly, that same description was used by the left in regards to the Bush Administration. It's seems that shoe not only fits the left foot but also the right foot!

ahh, the ole' accurate description of the Democrat agenda. Who ever claimed Bush wasn't fond of crony capitalism?

Jobs are created by demand... people who put their money back into the economy(middle and lower class working folk) are what drive the economy. No demand... no job creation.

Jobs are NOT created by demand...they are created by an anticipation of profit! No profit...no job creation. You can have all the demand you want but if you aren't making money creating the product or providing the service then you're not going to invest capital to create a business.

Both private sector (individual) and public sector (collective) a business has no existence without the consumer needs and wants. It is the consumer that creates the jobs, and it is producers that fill them.

A business is simply a framework for a joint venture between a group of economic system participants to produce a product or service that is needed or in demand because of want by other economic system participants.

"Business does not create jobs."

BWHAHAHAHAH!!

I crack up every time I see that.

I crack up every time someone says that a "job" that pays under $15 an hour is act a real job. "pretend to pay me, end to work"

Oh yeah?
Consumers demanded that they wanted pet rocks so one entrepreneur came up with it?
Sure - Pet rocks did nothing, it was not a service that was needed or in demand until the guy came up with it.
Business and the entrepreneur's is what makes growth and gives people jobs.

How can you be so dumb to not understand that cutting revenue creates deficits? It doesn't get more simple than that.

Where did I say cutting revenue doesn't create deficits? However, cutting taxes and cutting government at the same time will promote job growth. That isn't what Kansas did.

Weird, NOW it's cut taxes AND Gov't in order for the 'job creators' to do their thing? lol

Real world contradicts right-wing tax theories
California raised taxes, Kansas cut them. California did better

Ever since economist Arthur Laffer drew his namesake curve on a napkin for two officials in President Richard Nixon’s administration four decades ago, we have been told that cutting tax rates spurs jobs and higher pay, while hiking taxes does the opposite.

Now, thanks to recent tax cuts in Kansas and tax hikes in California, we have real-world tests of this idea. So far, the results do not support Laffer’s insistence that lower tax rates always result in more and better-paying jobs. In fact, Kansas’ tax cuts produced much slower job and wage growth than in California.

The empirical evidence that the Laffer curve is not what its promoter insists joins other real-world experience undermining the widely held belief that minimum wage increases reduce employment and income.

Real world contradicts right-wing tax theories Al Jazeera America

You obviously have me confused with someone who said tax cuts alone would boost the economy.

BTW, I'm not interested in responding to your spam.

Good you agree, tax cuts have a VERY small stimulative effect, especially to Corps and 'job creators'

Kansas Governor Sam Brownback says he must take “corrective action” to close a projected $280 million budget hole created by his income-tax cuts and plans to reduce spending on pensions and highways.

....The budget moves, which include diverting almost $100 million from highway funds and cutting the contribution to the public employees’ retirement system by $41 million, followed claims of the governor’s opponents that tax cuts approved in 2012 would result in deep spending reductions.

Brownback to Cut Pensions Roads to Close Kansas Budget Deficit - Bloomberg

Yep, tax cuts don't matter that much as long as the system isn't too progressive. It's spending cuts that matter. Every dollar the government spends is a dollar of goods and services that weren't available to the private sector.

OK, thanks for admitting GOP policies, like tax cuts for the 'job creators' and specifically Brownbacks GIVEAWAY TO CORPS, WAS JUST BULLSHIT

And no, Gov't spending doesn't help the economy *shaking head*

I WISH YOU'D STOP LYING? EITHER PUT ME ON IGNORE OR ANSWER YOUR BULLSHIT PREMISES. Instead you'll do the usual right wing bullshit, trying to have it both ways and cut and running when it gets tough!

Where did I say cutting revenue doesn't create deficits? However, cutting taxes and cutting government at the same time will promote job growth. That isn't what Kansas did.

Weird, NOW it's cut taxes AND Gov't in order for the 'job creators' to do their thing? lol

Real world contradicts right-wing tax theories
California raised taxes, Kansas cut them. California did better

Ever since economist Arthur Laffer drew his namesake curve on a napkin for two officials in President Richard Nixon’s administration four decades ago, we have been told that cutting tax rates spurs jobs and higher pay, while hiking taxes does the opposite.

Now, thanks to recent tax cuts in Kansas and tax hikes in California, we have real-world tests of this idea. So far, the results do not support Laffer’s insistence that lower tax rates always result in more and better-paying jobs. In fact, Kansas’ tax cuts produced much slower job and wage growth than in California.

The empirical evidence that the Laffer curve is not what its promoter insists joins other real-world experience undermining the widely held belief that minimum wage increases reduce employment and income.

Real world contradicts right-wing tax theories Al Jazeera America

You obviously have me confused with someone who said tax cuts alone would boost the economy.

BTW, I'm not interested in responding to your spam.

Good you agree, tax cuts have a VERY small stimulative effect, especially to Corps and 'job creators'

Kansas Governor Sam Brownback says he must take “corrective action” to close a projected $280 million budget hole created by his income-tax cuts and plans to reduce spending on pensions and highways.

....The budget moves, which include diverting almost $100 million from highway funds and cutting the contribution to the public employees’ retirement system by $41 million, followed claims of the governor’s opponents that tax cuts approved in 2012 would result in deep spending reductions.

Brownback to Cut Pensions Roads to Close Kansas Budget Deficit - Bloomberg

Yep, tax cuts don't matter that much as long as the system isn't too progressive. It's spending cuts that matter. Every dollar the government spends is a dollar of goods and services that weren't available to the private sector.

We love the spending reductions. Kansas has to many state workers sucking on the teat of it's private sector as it is.

Ask duddypeepee how many kansas cities have gone bankrupt. lol.

I did.

It shut his ass up real fast.

Really? lol

Because ONLY BK cities are the judgement of health of a state? Kansas ranks at the bottom of job growth, although they invoked the GOP 'supply side' policy. Go figure!!!

Bubba, YOU RESPONDED TO MY POSIT, THAT WAS THE GOP's TAX CUTS WERE SUPPOSED TO BOOM AN ECONOMY. It was ANOTHER right wing economic failure, like EVERY policy they ever have!

NOW you want to argue, hey, although the GOP's plan didn't work as promised, AGAIN, lets just not worry about it Gov't can just get leaner? lol
Clearly, I failed to properly communicate my ideals with you. I do not wish to continue...you are too emotional and you bore me.

Have a good night. Maybe we can try this again some time.

Got it, since you can't change the subject to make Gov't 'leaner', from the PREMISE that tax cuts were SUPPOSED to improve Kansas's economy, you are out of here
I really don't understan what you want me to argue. You have created all of these arguments for me...I am just watching.

No Bubba,, YOU created the argument that AFTER the GOP/Brownbacks plan didn't work out as planned, Gov't can just do with less (leaner). ANOTHER con who isn't honest. Shocking
LOL....no, I didn't. Go back and study the posts.

LIAR. Your posit was (changing my original posit the GOP 'supply side failed) Gov't can do with less!

Bubba, YOU RESPONDED TO MY POSIT, THAT WAS THE GOP's TAX CUTS WERE SUPPOSED TO BOOM AN ECONOMY. It was ANOTHER right wing economic failure, like EVERY policy they ever have!

NOW you want to argue, hey, although the GOP's plan didn't work as promised, AGAIN, lets just not worry about it Gov't can just get leaner? lol
Clearly, I failed to properly communicate my ideals with you. I do not wish to continue...you are too emotional and you bore me.

Got it, since you can't change the subject to make Gov't 'leaner', from the PREMISE that tax cuts were SUPPOSED to improve Kansas's economy, you are out of here
I really don't understan what you want me to argue. You have created all of these arguments for me...I am just watching.

No Bubba,, YOU created the argument that AFTER the GOP/Brownbacks plan didn't work out as planned, Gov't can just do with less (leaner). ANOTHER con who isn't honest. Shocking

He's not a con you dumbassed moron.

He's actually trying to listen to you.

That's what makes you such a jackass.

It's like an ongoing rorschach test.

You see one word and you ejaculate your pre-meditated spam all over the place.

Bullshit Bubba he's not a con, he's a 'small Gov't moron, like YOU. He ignored the failure of the GOP/Brownbacks 'supply side' failure and pushed the 'Govt can work with less' bullshit. Grow a brain or get honest one time!!!

supply siders, birfers, and idiots in general run in one pack ...

Got it, you don't want to argue GOP policy ALWAYS fails, but that hey, why not just get Gov't more efficient since our policy starved them of revenues, the opposite of what supply side THEORY is supposed to do, Go figure
Your stuck in a loop with arguments I have never made. If you have something to say, say it...don't pretend it is in response to an idea I never presented.

I appreciate you cooperation.

GOOD OF THE STATE? You mean in the rear in job creation? Or cutting back services? You mean the 'job creators (1%ers) have more money to offshore jobs with?

THIS economic ideology has NEVER worked ANYTIME the GOP tried it!

Loopholes? Oh you mean the ones the GOP placed in there OOPs

Weird hoe California increased taxes AND has a stronger job AND economic picture right?
Why do you keep on attributing me to arguments I have never made? You are getting yourself in a self created rage as you ignore what I am saying and fictionalize the rest.

Got it, you want to change the original posit to one you like better, Gov't should work with less, IGNORE the promise of the GOP/Brownback, or the failed policy of the GOP

Kansas is doing just fine economically.

They'll make some adjustments....

But overall they are fine.

Even though you are ignore...I do print your posts from time to time and use them to wipe my ass.

Only weenies put people on ignore, then choose to come in from time to time to lie

KANSAS IS FOLLOWING CONSERVATIVES ECONOMIC THEORY, CUT TAXES AND JOBS WILL COME. Weird how they are at the bottom of the pack in the US while Cali increased taxes on the 'job creators' and we are near the top, lol

Only dumbassed motherfuckers who can't stop posting the same spam bullshit.

Here's a clue asswipe.

Kansas was never really hurt that bad by Obama's recession. Unlike California which saw hugh unemployment numbers, Kansans have been working steady. I know...I live here.

Brownback is going fine and the Kansas economy is doing fine.

Or maybe you want to tell me how many cities and counties in Kansas are declaring bankruptcies.

BTW: I moved to Kansas from Cali to get away from the horseshit like double up schools.

Got it, ONLY if a state has cities gong bankrupt means it's policies fail. NOT that the original posit of GOP/Brownback that 'supply side' policy will create an ENVIRONMENT for job creation AND in doing so bring in more revenues, lol

Jul 30, 2014 - Brownback promised that the efforts would drive economic growth, create jobs and stabilize the Kansas budget.

As he runs for reelection, Brownback is finding that what he once called a “real live experiment” in red-state governance is struggling to produce the benefits he had promised,....His troubles also provide a case study of what can happen when single-party control — now the norm in most states — combines with the sharp rightward shift of the Republican Party.

In Kansas Brownback tried a red-state experiment. Now he may be paying a political price - The Washington Post

Other states are not jealous of Kansas' economic situation; in fact, the ones whose leaders were considering such dramatic tax cuts have shied off, having seen their effects on the Kansas economy. Moody's and Standard & Poor have both downgraded Kansas' credit rating. The Kansas Supreme Court found that the state has not been adequately funding its public schools. And job growth in Kansas is lagging behind both the nation and surrounding states.

There's also the matter of the $280 million state budget shortfall projected for fiscal year 2015

Kansas needs 280 million very badly here s where Gov. Sam Brownback wants it to come from The Fast Pitch The Pitch

Oh yeah?
Consumers demanded that they wanted pet rocks so one entrepreneur came up with it?
Sure - Pet rocks did nothing, it was not a service that was needed or in demand until the guy came up with it.
Business and the entrepreneur's is what makes growth and gives people jobs.

'A business is simply a framework for a joint venture between a group of economic system participants to produce a product or service that is needed or in demand because of want by other economic system participants.'

Just NOT a fact!

There are LESS people working PT for economic reasons now than when Obama took office.
Now that's FACT!

Federal Reserve Bank San Francisco What s Behind the Increase in Part-Time Work
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/08/the-rise-of-part-time-work/

The first thing you would expect to see from a Part-Time America is that the number of part-time jobs added would rival the number of full-time jobs added. But in the last year, new full-time jobs outnumbered part-time jobs by 1.8 million to 8,000. For every new part-time job, we're creating 225 full-time positions.

full-time-versus-part-time-hires-1.png

How about actually going the government site to see the real numbers and facts.
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

Forum List

Back