GOP jobs agenda

With Republicans taking over Congress today, prepare to be dazzled with their jobs agenda. It is what we have been waiting six years for

In the new Congress, Republicans will have the majority in both the Senate and the House for the first time in eight years. As they get ready to take power, their rhetorical focus is clear: jobs, the economy, and more jobs.
So far, there are two main proposals on deck for the GOP. First, the Hire More Heroes Act, which would make it easier for small businesses that hire veterans to deny health care to their employees. Second, they want to immediately build the Keystone XL pipeline, a project that would transport oil from Canada to the Gulf Coast.
On their own, these are both extremely small-bore policies. But as a jobs agenda, this doesn't even rise to the level of pitiful. It's the latest evidence that Republicans continue to struggle with basic macroeconomics — and it does not bode well for the nation should they win the White House in 2016.

Sorry Republicans The Keystone XL pipeline is not a jobs agenda - The Week

Those 'pitiful' efforts beat the hell out of anything the Democrats have offered for the last 6 years. BTW, is the Keystone XL pipeline going to build itself?

Democratic policies have generated 3 million jobs just this year

After complaining for six years about jobs, jobs jobs......The best the Republicans can come up with is Keystone and Hire more Heroes?

Pathetic....just pathetic

What Democratic policy has created a job, Winger? The job surge we're experiencing right now is being led by increased production in the oil and natural gas industries. You know...the fossil fuels industries that you liberals hate SO much? Those jobs were created DESPITE Barry, Harry and Nancy...not because of them!

Jobs are created by demand... people who put their money back into the economy(middle and lower class working folk) are what drive the economy. No demand... no job creation.

What were those policies?
Nothing much has been passed for the last 3 years.
More than half of the new jobs is part time.

No they are not

No?
Part-time jobs America s hidden unemployment crisis - Nov. 20 2014

Your link does not support your claim that one half of the 3 million jobs added last year were part time

Please try again

Seven million Americans are stuck in part-time jobs.
Overall U.S. unemployment has fallen steeply in the past year (from 7.2% in October 2013 to 5.8% in October 2014), but too many people can only find part-time positions.
The number of people working part-time involuntarily is more than 50% higher than when the recession began.

You and I are pissing into the wind, since all rightwinger is doing is posting BS to get his number of posts higher. If you haven't noticed, he is a complete waste of bandwidth and I am going to put him on ignore so I don't have to scroll past his pathetic partisan crap.

"You and I are pissing into the wind, since all rightwinger is doing is posting BS to get his number of posts higher. If you haven't noticed, he is a complete waste of bandwidth and I am going to put him on ignore so I don't have to scroll past his pathetic partisan crap."- TooTall

TooTall's description of Rightwinger actually describes 10's of hundred posters from both sides of the aisle and most of these are from the right side of the aisle. Yet, he is mum on that.

You mean the "Force workers to work for minimum wage Jobs Bill"?

or the "End all Environmental Protections Jobs Bill"?

Tell that to those that have had to take two and three jobs because to current economy provides the low paying jobs.

That's got to be a LIE., After 8 years of Dubya/GOP 'job creator policies, there were jobs everywhere right? I mean since Obama/Dems passed the 'jobs killer law, Obamacares Feb 2010, there have 11 million PRIVATE sector jobs created. I bet Dubya/GOP had 22+ million right?

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

You refuted nothing I said. This recession has created a need for people to take two and three jobs to make ends meet. Many jobs are 30 hours, just a fact. Not sure what Bush had to do with this now.
Just NOT a fact!

There are LESS people working PT for economic reasons now than when Obama took office.
Now that's FACT!

Federal Reserve Bank San Francisco What s Behind the Increase in Part-Time Work
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/08/the-rise-of-part-time-work/
Notice how the Right when caught in their crapaganda, changes their claims. First you claimed workers have been forced to work PT, and when I pointed out that PT workers for economic reasons are DOWN since Obama took over, you shift to an increase in total PT workers, which would include workers who ONLY want PT work, hardly people forced to work PT to make ends meet, as you falsely claimed.

The FACT remains that there were 8,046,000 working PT for economic reasons when Bush left and there are 6,850,000 now, a DECLINE of over a million.

Table A-8. Employed persons by class of worker and part-time status

With Republicans taking over Congress today, prepare to be dazzled with their jobs agenda. It is what we have been waiting six years for

In the new Congress, Republicans will have the majority in both the Senate and the House for the first time in eight years. As they get ready to take power, their rhetorical focus is clear: jobs, the economy, and more jobs.
So far, there are two main proposals on deck for the GOP. First, the Hire More Heroes Act, which would make it easier for small businesses that hire veterans to deny health care to their employees. Second, they want to immediately build the Keystone XL pipeline, a project that would transport oil from Canada to the Gulf Coast.
On their own, these are both extremely small-bore policies. But as a jobs agenda, this doesn't even rise to the level of pitiful. It's the latest evidence that Republicans continue to struggle with basic macroeconomics — and it does not bode well for the nation should they win the White House in 2016.

Liberal Dictionary:
===========================================
Jobs Agenda - crony capitalism, pork, corporate welfare, Democrat reelection slush fund

Ahh, the ole' "crony capitalism, pork, corporate welfare" claim. Interestingly, that same description was used by the left in regards to the Bush Administration. It's seems that shoe not only fits the left foot but also the right foot!

Jobs are created by demand... people who put their money back into the economy(middle and lower class working folk) are what drive the economy. No demand... no job creation.

Jobs are NOT created by demand...they are created by an anticipation of profit! No profit...no job creation. You can have all the demand you want but if you aren't making money creating the product or providing the service then you're not going to invest capital to create a business.

Tell that to those that have had to take two and three jobs because to current economy provides the low paying jobs.

That's got to be a LIE., After 8 years of Dubya/GOP 'job creator policies, there were jobs everywhere right? I mean since Obama/Dems passed the 'jobs killer law, Obamacares Feb 2010, there have 11 million PRIVATE sector jobs created. I bet Dubya/GOP had 22+ million right?

You refuted nothing I said. This recession has created a need for people to take two and three jobs to make ends meet. Many jobs are 30 hours, just a fact. Not sure what Bush had to do with this now.
Just NOT a fact!

There are LESS people working PT for economic reasons now than when Obama took office.
Now that's FACT!

Notice how the Right when caught in their crapaganda, changes their claims. First you claimed workers have been forced to work PT, and when I pointed out that PT workers for economic reasons are DOWN since Obama took over, you shift to an increase in total PT workers, which would include workers who ONLY want PT work, hardly people forced to work PT to make ends meet, as you falsely claimed.

The FACT remains that there were 8,046,000 working PT for economic reasons when Bush left and there are 6,850,000 now, a DECLINE of over a million.

Ed, they are working for money, the definition of economic reasons is very misleading. Part time workers are on the increase as all the charts are showing, we are creating part time jobs. But nice try to spin.

Just NOT a fact!

Now that's FACT!

Ed, they are working for money, the definition of economic reasons is very misleading. Part time workers are on the increase as all the charts are showing, we are creating part time jobs. But nice try to spin.
No it isn't misleading at all, and even your own link acknowledges it!

From your link:

Among part-time workers, the BLS distinguishes two main groups. The first consists of individuals working part time for economic reasons. They would prefer full-time work and are typically regarded as involuntary part-time workers. The primary economic reasons for working part time are business slack or unfavorable conditions that prompt employers to cut back hours, or the inability of a worker to find full-time employment. The second group of part-time workers consists of individuals who cite noneconomic reasons and are typically regarded as voluntary part-time workers in the sense that their status reflects individual preferences or needs rather than employer requirements. Noneconomic reasons primarily include medical conditions, child-care needs, other family or personal obligations, school or training, and retirement.

Your forgetting all the jobs bills passed by the House that are sitting in the Senate that needs to be passed now that they have the majority.

Oh yes....I forgot all those "Kill Obamacare Jobs Bills"
Many businesses are giving employees the shafts to avoid the ACA. Your pretending that that isn't happening changes nothing.

Just NOT a fact!

Now that's FACT!

The housing bubble caused a huge increase in PT workers, or didn't you know that.

Your link does not support your claim that one half of the 3 million jobs added last year were part time

Please try again

Seven million Americans are stuck in part-time jobs.
Overall U.S. unemployment has fallen steeply in the past year (from 7.2% in October 2013 to 5.8% in October 2014), but too many people can only find part-time positions.
The number of people working part-time involuntarily is more than 50% higher than when the recession began.

You and I are pissing into the wind, since all rightwinger is doing is posting BS to get his number of posts higher. If you haven't noticed, he is a complete waste of bandwidth and I am going to put him on ignore so I don't have to scroll past his pathetic partisan crap.

"You and I are pissing into the wind, since all rightwinger is doing is posting BS to get his number of posts higher. If you haven't noticed, he is a complete waste of bandwidth and I am going to put him on ignore so I don't have to scroll past his pathetic partisan crap."- TooTall

TooTall's description of Rightwinger actually describes 10's of hundred posters from both sides of the aisle and most of these are from the right side of the aisle. Yet, he is mum on that.

Do you have a problem with that? And, 10's of hundreds is beyond absurd.

We are recovering from a recession. I would hope that Obama created a lot of jobs. I don't think you can honestly blame the recession on Bush.

Why wouldn't you blame the recession on Bush?

He stood like a deer in the headlights waiting for the economy to self correct
Ridiculous. You can always be counted on to believe the lies of the power elite.

W intervened massively in the economy. Ever heard of TARP? He bailed out the Banks and Wall Street...and the fool said,
“I’ve abandoned free market principles to save the free market system”

...and then your Messiah intervened even more, further damaging the economy and the American people...by enriching his friends on Wall Street and in the TBTF banks. I guess 7.5 trillion in new debt under your guy, is a good thing...in your small mind.

Bush waited until the Nov 2008 elections before he started to take serious action

He didn't even acknowledge that we were in a recession until after the election
So your point is Bush should have bailed out the TBTF banks and Wall Street sooner. Another illogical position, but I guess you like government bailing out the wealthy.

One would think after the utter failure by the government in improving economic conditions, you would recognize it as such.

Just NOT a fact!

Now that's FACT!

The housing bubble caused a huge increase in PT workers, or didn't you know that.
At the depth of the Bush depression the number of PT working for economic reasons peaked at 9,114,000, it is now 6,850,000 a decline of over 2 million.

It's called a 'Mandate.' Get used to it Communists. Elections have consequences.

We are recovering from a recession. I would hope that Obama created a lot of jobs. I don't think you can honestly blame the recession on Bush.

Ridiculous. You can always be counted on to believe the lies of the power elite.

W intervened massively in the economy. Ever heard of TARP? He bailed out the Banks and Wall Street...and the fool said,

...and then your Messiah intervened even more, further damaging the economy and the American people...by enriching his friends on Wall Street and in the TBTF banks. I guess 7.5 trillion in new debt under your guy, is a good thing...in your small mind.

Got it, ANOTHER low info con who 'believes in conservative policy that has ALWAYS failed!

Regulators and policymakers enabled this process at virtually every turn. Part of the reason they failed to understand the housing bubble was willful ignorance: they bought into the argument that the market would equilibrate itself. In particular, financial actors and regulatory officials both believed that secondary and tertiary markets could effectively control risk through pricing.

http://www.tobinproject.org/sites/tobinproject.org/files/assets/Fligstein_Catalyst of Disaster_0.pdf

The onset of the recent financial crisis in late 2007 created an intellectual crisis for conservatives, who had been touting for decades the benefits of a hands-off approach to financial market regulation. As the crisis quickly spiraled out of control, it quickly became apparent that the massive credit bubble of the mid-2000s, followed by the inevitable bust that culminated with the financial markets freeze in the fall of 2008, occurred predominantly among those parts of the financial system that were least regulated, or where regulations existed but were largely unenforced.

Predictably, many conservatives sought to blame the bogeymen they always blamed.

Politics Most Blatant Center for American Progress

Yeah, Obama inherited a crap economy and like Reagan (tripled US debt) , Bush (doubled US debt) and Dubya (doubled US debt), GOP's policy contributed to his debt since the US economy had tanked

We already know what economic policies work best for our country. Clinton knew that we had to cut spending and increase revenues. We had revenues of 20.6% of GDP and a surplus in 2000. Then something terrible happened, the Republicans gained complete control in 2001 and instead of sticking with what was working they decided that their ideology was more important. The debt has gone up $12+ trillion since then.

Oct 1, 2009

US Begins Fiscal Year $11776112848656.17 in Debt

I could provide a few dozen jobs bills that were passed by the House, but you would probably forget them.

He was a victim of circumstance.

It's called a 'Mandate.' Get used to it Communists. Elections have consequences.

The Truth About ‘The Republican Mandate': 50 Percent More People Have Voted Democrat Since 2010

According to a study conducted by FairVote, the 46 Democrats currently sitting in Senate have gotten 20.7 million more votes over the 2010, 2012 and 2014 elections than the 56 Republicans. Tallied up, that’s 67.8 million to Dems, and 47.1 million to Republicans. Or, to put it another way:

Democrats got a full 50 percent more votes than Republicans, and lost nine seats.

The Truth About ‘The Republican Mandate': 50 Percent More People Have Voted Democrat Since 2010

According to a study conducted by FairVote, the 46 Democrats currently sitting in Senate have gotten 20.7 million more votes over the 2010, 2012 and 2014 elections than the 56 Republicans. Tallied up, that’s 67.8 million to Dems, and 47.1 million to Republicans. Or, to put it another way:

Democrats got a full 50 percent more votes than Republicans, and lost nine seats.

You lost. Deal with it. Moving on..

Bush waited until the Nov 2008 elections before he started to take serious action

He didn't even acknowledge that we were in a recession until after the election
So your point is Bush should have bailed out the TBTF banks and Wall Street sooner. Another illogical position, but I guess you like government bailing out the wealthy.

One would think after the utter failure by the government in improving economic conditions, you would recognize it as such.

OR HE COULD'VE JUST USED GOOD GOV'T POLICY, INSTEAD OF, LIKE REAGAN, IGNORING REGULATOR WARNINGS???

The FBI correctly identified the epidemic of mortgage control fraud at such an early point that the financial crisis could have been averted had the Bush administration acted with even minimal competence.

The Two Documents Everyone Should Read to Better Understand the Crisis William K. Black

Bush's documented policies and statements in timeframe leading up to the start of the Bush Mortgage Bubble include (but not limited to)

Wanting 5.5 million more minority homeowners
Tells congress there is nothing wrong with GSEs
Pledging to use federal policy to increase home ownership
Routinely taking credit for the housing market
Forcing GSEs to buy more low income home loans by raising their Housing Goals
Lowering Invesntment banks capital requirements, Net Capital rule (12-1 TO 35+-1)
Reversing the Clinton rule that restricted GSEs purchases of subprime loans

Lowering down payment requirements to 0%
Forcing GSEs to spend an additional $440 billion in the secondary markets
Giving away 40,000 free down payments
PREEMPTING ALL STATE LAWS AGAINST PREDATORY LENDING

But the biggest policy was regulators not enforcing lending standards.

FACTS on Dubya s great recession US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Demand is created by people with jobs. So what you're saying is that jobs create jobs. We've been on this libturd wheel of circular logic hundreds of times already.

Forum List

Back