GOP jobs agenda

Where did I say cutting revenue doesn't create deficits? However, cutting taxes and cutting government at the same time will promote job growth. That isn't what Kansas did.

Weird, NOW it's cut taxes AND Gov't in order for the 'job creators' to do their thing? lol

Real world contradicts right-wing tax theories
California raised taxes, Kansas cut them. California did better

Ever since economist Arthur Laffer drew his namesake curve on a napkin for two officials in President Richard Nixon’s administration four decades ago, we have been told that cutting tax rates spurs jobs and higher pay, while hiking taxes does the opposite.

Now, thanks to recent tax cuts in Kansas and tax hikes in California, we have real-world tests of this idea. So far, the results do not support Laffer’s insistence that lower tax rates always result in more and better-paying jobs. In fact, Kansas’ tax cuts produced much slower job and wage growth than in California.

The empirical evidence that the Laffer curve is not what its promoter insists joins other real-world experience undermining the widely held belief that minimum wage increases reduce employment and income.

Real world contradicts right-wing tax theories Al Jazeera America

You obviously have me confused with someone who said tax cuts alone would boost the economy.

BTW, I'm not interested in responding to your spam.

Good you agree, tax cuts have a VERY small stimulative effect, especially to Corps and 'job creators'

Kansas Governor Sam Brownback says he must take “corrective action” to close a projected $280 million budget hole created by his income-tax cuts and plans to reduce spending on pensions and highways.

....The budget moves, which include diverting almost $100 million from highway funds and cutting the contribution to the public employees’ retirement system by $41 million, followed claims of the governor’s opponents that tax cuts approved in 2012 would result in deep spending reductions.

Brownback to Cut Pensions Roads to Close Kansas Budget Deficit - Bloomberg
What I believe is that government agencies can learn to work with less. There is always waste that can be trimmed. We do it as families all of the time.

ANOTHER con who wants to conflate Gov't with a family budget *shaking head*

WORK WITH LESS? Is THAT what the GOP/Brownback said would happen? Or did they say, conservative theory, that tax cuts would create more jobs AND more revenues??? lol

Waste? Yeah, plenty of cons I'm sure are in Kansas

HONESTY. Try it
Saving money on an agency level can be accomplished in so many ways. Re-bidding contracts putting more emphasis on price, cutting back on special functions, decreasing the use of stationary...going paperless, online services....

So many ways to save money if we are determined. Not that difficult...business do it all of the time and amazingly adjust. Businesses alway try to find ways to save money...the government should do it too.

Why not follow Kansas jobs plan? You cut taxes (in the name of the wealthy) and whamo you have a major deficit. Then you cut everything you can so nothing resembles anything workable and you are billions in the hole. So what do you do to close the gap? Cut taxes again of course. The jobs come pouring in alright. In the surrounding states. Who in their right mind would go to a state ewith lousy education and a low standard of living? Answer? Nobody.

Aside from taxes, what have they cut? The fact is they haven't cut a thing. IF nothing works, it isn't the fault of the tax cut.

Kansas Governor’s Grand Tax Cut Experiment Is Gutting His State’s Services

After revenues came in more than $300 million below projections in FY2014, the July and August figures were a welcome turnaround. But a third of the way into the budget year, Brownback’s administration now has about $40 million less to work with than it had predicted for FY2015.

...The student population has grown by 19,000 but the number of teachers in the state has fallen by 665 since 2009, according to the Kansas Center for Economic Growth. Local education officials around the state told the group that they anticipate further staffing cuts, class size increases, and per-pupil resource reductions in the coming years. On top of the layoffs, schools have had to slash funding for professional development programs that keep teachers current on how to be most effective at preparing their kids. The average district in Kansas will spend $41,500 less on teacher training in 2015 than it did in 2009, the group reports.

..One key piece of Brownback’s tax package was the complete elimination of taxes on a certain category of business income, a tax break intended to benefit small businesses but which is easily exploited by savvy taxpayers and large businesses. The governor billed the cuts as a shortcut to economic prosperity, but Kansas is creating jobs at a significantly slower clip than its neighboring states and the nation as a whole.
They should learn to work with less.

THAT wasn't the promise of the GOP/Brownback though right? They said tax cuts, especially Corp ones, would bring more jobs AND more revenues??? LOL
I was simply stating that budgets can be cut making government workers work with less. I made no comment on taxes.

I believe tax breaks for companies should be incentive based - but I also believe you are not being totally honest with your argument...clearly the problem was incompetent law writing that allowed loopholes. Let them fix the loopholes and give it an honest chance.

YOU responded to a comment SPECIFICALLY detailing the GOP's tax cut plan in Kansas. It failed, MISERABLY by any HONEST persons metrics. NOW you want to change the premise that the GOP did a bad job of targeting the tax cuts? And you want to have them try it again? LOL

Budgets WEREN'T supposed to be cut with the GOP's plan remember, even IF they have to be BECAUSE GOP/CONSERVATIVE ECONOMIC POLICY NEVER WORK AS PROMISED, EXCEPT FOR THE 'JOB CREATORS' OF COURSE

Weird, NOW it's cut taxes AND Gov't in order for the 'job creators' to do their thing? lol

Real world contradicts right-wing tax theories
California raised taxes, Kansas cut them. California did better

Ever since economist Arthur Laffer drew his namesake curve on a napkin for two officials in President Richard Nixon’s administration four decades ago, we have been told that cutting tax rates spurs jobs and higher pay, while hiking taxes does the opposite.

Now, thanks to recent tax cuts in Kansas and tax hikes in California, we have real-world tests of this idea. So far, the results do not support Laffer’s insistence that lower tax rates always result in more and better-paying jobs. In fact, Kansas’ tax cuts produced much slower job and wage growth than in California.

The empirical evidence that the Laffer curve is not what its promoter insists joins other real-world experience undermining the widely held belief that minimum wage increases reduce employment and income.

Real world contradicts right-wing tax theories Al Jazeera America

You obviously have me confused with someone who said tax cuts alone would boost the economy.

Good you agree, tax cuts have a VERY small stimulative effect, especially to Corps and 'job creators'

Kansas Governor Sam Brownback says he must take “corrective action” to close a projected $280 million budget hole created by his income-tax cuts and plans to reduce spending on pensions and highways.

....The budget moves, which include diverting almost $100 million from highway funds and cutting the contribution to the public employees’ retirement system by $41 million, followed claims of the governor’s opponents that tax cuts approved in 2012 would result in deep spending reductions.

What I believe is that government agencies can learn to work with less. There is always waste that can be trimmed. We do it as families all of the time.

WORK WITH LESS? Is THAT what the GOP/Brownback said would happen? Or did they say, conservative theory, that tax cuts would create more jobs AND more revenues??? lol

HONESTY. Try it
Saving money on an agency level can be accomplished in so many ways. Re-bidding contracts putting more emphasis on price, cutting back on special functions, decreasing the use of stationary...going paperless, online services....

So many ways to save money if we are determined. Not that difficult...business do it all of the time and amazingly adjust. Businesses alway try to find ways to save money...the government should do it too.

Got it, you don't want to argue GOP policy ALWAYS fails, but that hey, why not just get Gov't more efficient since our policy starved them of revenues, the opposite of what supply side THEORY is supposed to do, Go figure

With Republicans taking over Congress today, prepare to be dazzled with their jobs agenda. It is what we have been waiting six years for

In the new Congress, Republicans will have the majority in both the Senate and the House for the first time in eight years. As they get ready to take power, their rhetorical focus is clear: jobs, the economy, and more jobs.
So far, there are two main proposals on deck for the GOP. First, the Hire More Heroes Act, which would make it easier for small businesses that hire veterans to deny health care to their employees. Second, they want to immediately build the Keystone XL pipeline, a project that would transport oil from Canada to the Gulf Coast.
On their own, these are both extremely small-bore policies. But as a jobs agenda, this doesn't even rise to the level of pitiful. It's the latest evidence that Republicans continue to struggle with basic macroeconomics — and it does not bode well for the nation should they win the White House in 2016.

Sorry Republicans The Keystone XL pipeline is not a jobs agenda - The Week

Your forgetting all the jobs bills passed by the House that are sitting in the Senate that needs to be passed now that they have the majority.

Oh yes....I forgot all those "Kill Obamacare Jobs Bills"

I could provide a few dozen jobs bills that were passed by the House, but you would probably forget them.

You mean the "Force workers to work for minimum wage Jobs Bill"?

or the "End all Environmental Protections Jobs Bill"?

Tell that to those that have had to take two and three jobs because to current economy provides the low paying jobs.

With Republicans taking over Congress today, prepare to be dazzled with their jobs agenda. It is what we have been waiting six years for

In the new Congress, Republicans will have the majority in both the Senate and the House for the first time in eight years. As they get ready to take power, their rhetorical focus is clear: jobs, the economy, and more jobs.
So far, there are two main proposals on deck for the GOP. First, the Hire More Heroes Act, which would make it easier for small businesses that hire veterans to deny health care to their employees. Second, they want to immediately build the Keystone XL pipeline, a project that would transport oil from Canada to the Gulf Coast.
On their own, these are both extremely small-bore policies. But as a jobs agenda, this doesn't even rise to the level of pitiful. It's the latest evidence that Republicans continue to struggle with basic macroeconomics — and it does not bode well for the nation should they win the White House in 2016.

Your forgetting all the jobs bills passed by the House that are sitting in the Senate that needs to be passed now that they have the majority.

And near as I can tell, WrongWanker, is making a living off of those people who are working those 80 hour weeks.

If he's in the Obama system....he's making good money.

It's a crime.

I could provide a few dozen jobs bills that were passed by the House, but you would probably forget them.

Tell that to those that have had to take two and three jobs because to current economy provides the low paying jobs.

Aside from taxes, what have they cut? The fact is they haven't cut a thing. IF nothing works, it isn't the fault of the tax cut.

After revenues came in more than $300 million below projections in FY2014, the July and August figures were a welcome turnaround. But a third of the way into the budget year, Brownback’s administration now has about $40 million less to work with than it had predicted for FY2015.

...The student population has grown by 19,000 but the number of teachers in the state has fallen by 665 since 2009, according to the Kansas Center for Economic Growth. Local education officials around the state told the group that they anticipate further staffing cuts, class size increases, and per-pupil resource reductions in the coming years. On top of the layoffs, schools have had to slash funding for professional development programs that keep teachers current on how to be most effective at preparing their kids. The average district in Kansas will spend $41,500 less on teacher training in 2015 than it did in 2009, the group reports.

..One key piece of Brownback’s tax package was the complete elimination of taxes on a certain category of business income, a tax break intended to benefit small businesses but which is easily exploited by savvy taxpayers and large businesses. The governor billed the cuts as a shortcut to economic prosperity, but Kansas is creating jobs at a significantly slower clip than its neighboring states and the nation as a whole.

THAT wasn't the promise of the GOP/Brownback though right? They said tax cuts, especially Corp ones, would bring more jobs AND more revenues??? LOL
I was simply stating that budgets can be cut making government workers work with less. I made no comment on taxes.

I believe tax breaks for companies should be incentive based - but I also believe you are not being totally honest with your argument...clearly the problem was incompetent law writing that allowed loopholes. Let them fix the loopholes and give it an honest chance.

YOU responded to a comment SPECIFICALLY detailing the GOP's tax cut plan in Kansas. It failed, MISERABLY by any HONEST persons metrics. NOW you want to change the premise that the GOP did a bad job of targeting the tax cuts? And you want to have them try it again? LOL

Budgets WEREN'T supposed to be cut with the GOP's plan remember, even IF they have to be BECAUSE GOP/CONSERVATIVE ECONOMIC POLICY NEVER WORK AS PROMISED, EXCEPT FOR THE 'JOB CREATORS' OF COURSE
You keep going back to the tax cuts for businesses. I told you that I was simply commenting on the principle of cutting back for the good of the state.

I did offer my opinion on coporate taxes, I stated that I believe tax breaks for companies is a viable economic strategy - and that I would prefer any tax cuts to be incentive based, something separate from the plan in question. Nonetheless, I can't reasonably call this economic ideology a failure as it was simply perverted of its original intent by greedy companies. You cannot 100% say that tax cuts for businesses is a failure because of this. You don't have to agree with that ideal, but I would think that any honest person would recognize the failure wasn't necessarily in the plan.but in the unintended loopholes.

HONESTY. Try it

Got it, you don't want to argue GOP policy ALWAYS fails, but that hey, why not just get Gov't more efficient since our policy starved them of revenues, the opposite of what supply side THEORY is supposed to do, Go figure
Your stuck in a loop with arguments I have never made. If you have something to say, say it...don't pretend it is in response to an idea I never presented.

I appreciate you cooperation.

That's got to be a LIE., After 8 years of Dubya/GOP 'job creator policies, there were jobs everywhere right? I mean since Obama/Dems passed the 'jobs killer law, Obamacares Feb 2010, there have 11 million PRIVATE sector jobs created. I bet Dubya/GOP had 22+ million right?

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

It is amazing to me that people can whine about 8 million jobs that went away.

And then claim Obama created 11 million new ones.

None of those 8 million came back.

That's easy pickings.

If Obama had half a brain they would have been back 4 times faster.

The left: Lips firmly glued to Obama's ass.

You keep going back to the tax cuts for businesses. I told you that I was simply commenting on the principle of cutting back for the good of the state.

I did offer my opinion on coporate taxes, I stated that I believe tax breaks for companies is a viable economic strategy - and that I would prefer any tax cuts to be incentive based, something separate from the plan in question. Nonetheless, I can't reasonably call this economic ideology a failure as it was simply perverted of its original intent by greedy companies. You cannot 100% say that tax cuts for businesses is a failure because of this. You don't have to agree with that ideal, but I would think that any honest person would recognize the failure wasn't necessarily in the plan.but in the unintended loopholes.

GOOD OF THE STATE? You mean in the rear in job creation? Or cutting back services? You mean the 'job creators (1%ers) have more money to offshore jobs with?

THIS economic ideology has NEVER worked ANYTIME the GOP tried it!

Loopholes? Oh you mean the ones the GOP placed in there OOPs

Weird hoe California increased taxes AND has a stronger job AND economic picture right?

That's got to be a LIE., After 8 years of Dubya/GOP 'job creator policies, there were jobs everywhere right? I mean since Obama/Dems passed the 'jobs killer law, Obamacares Feb 2010, there have 11 million PRIVATE sector jobs created. I bet Dubya/GOP had 22+ million right?

We are recovering from a recession. I would hope that Obama created a lot of jobs. I don't think you can honestly blame the recession on Bush.

GOOD OF THE STATE? You mean in the rear in job creation? Or cutting back services? You mean the 'job creators (1%ers) have more money to offshore jobs with?

Weird hoe California increased taxes AND has a stronger job AND economic picture right?
Why do you keep on attributing me to arguments I have never made? You are getting yourself in a self created rage as you ignore what I am saying and fictionalize the rest.

HONESTY. Try it

Your stuck in a loop with arguments I have never made. If you have something to say, say it...don't pretend it is in response to an idea I never presented.

Bubba, YOU RESPONDED TO MY POSIT, THAT WAS THE GOP's TAX CUTS WERE SUPPOSED TO BOOM AN ECONOMY. It was ANOTHER right wing economic failure, like EVERY policy they ever have!

NOW you want to argue, hey, although the GOP's plan didn't work as promised, AGAIN, lets just not worry about it Gov't can just get leaner? lol

Why do you keep on attributing me to arguments I have never made? You are getting yourself in a self created rage as you ignore what I am saying and fictionalize the rest.

I assume you mean duddypeepee....I've got him on ignore.

He's got no context and my guess is that you've been eating spam for pages.

HONESTY. Try it

Bubba, YOU RESPONDED TO MY POSIT, THAT WAS THE GOP's TAX CUTS WERE SUPPOSED TO BOOM AN ECONOMY. It was ANOTHER right wing economic failure, like EVERY policy they ever have!

NOW you want to argue, hey, although the GOP's plan didn't work as promised, AGAIN, lets just not worry about it Gov't can just get leaner? lol
Clearly, I failed to properly communicate my ideals with you. I do not wish to continue...you are too emotional and you bore me.

Have a good night. Maybe we can try this again some time.

He is an interesting guy.

HONESTY. Try it

Clearly, I failed to properly communicate my ideals with you. I do not wish to continue...you are too emotional and you bore me.

Have a good night. Maybe we can try this again some time.

Good call....

If you pick your zits, you'll be engaging something more intelligent than duddypeepee.

He is an interesting guy.

Only if you find spam artists interesting.

We are recovering from a recession. I would hope that Obama created a lot of jobs. I don't think you can honestly blame the recession on Bush.

Nah, and Ronnie Reagan didn't ignore Mr Gray's (the regulator) warnings on the S&L crisis that began in 1984 that Poppy inherited the brunt of either *shaking head*

Right-wingers Want To Erase How George Bush's "Homeowner Society" Helped Cause The Economic Collapse

Q When did the Bush Mortgage Bubble start?

A The general timeframe is it started late 2004.

From Bush’s President’s Working Group on Financial Markets October 2008

“The Presidents Working Group’s March policy statement acknowledged that turmoil in financial markets clearly was triggered by a dramatic weakening of underwriting standards for U.S. subprime mortgages, beginning in late 2004 and extending into 2007.”

Bushs documented policies and statements in timeframe leading up to the start of the Bush Mortgage Bubble include (but not limited to)

Wanting 5.5 million more minority homeowners
Tells congress there is nothing wrong with GSEs
Pledging to use federal policy to increase home ownership
Routinely taking credit for the housing market
Forcing GSEs to buy more low income home loans by raising their Housing Goals
Lowering Invesntment banks capital requirements, Net Capital rule
Reversing the Clinton rule that restricted GSEs purchases of subprime loans

Lowering down payment requirements to 0%
Forcing GSEs to spend an additional $440 billion in the secondary markets
Giving away 40,000 free down payments
PREEMPTING ALL STATE LAWS AGAINST PREDATORY LENDING

But the biggest policy was regulators not enforcing lending standards.

FACTS on Dubya s great recession US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

DEC 2007

The Economic Consequences of Mr. Bush
The next president will have to deal with yet another crippling legacy of George W. Bush: the economy. A Nobel laureate, Joseph E. Stiglitz, sees a generation-long struggle to recoup.

The Economic Consequences of Mr. Bush Vanity Fair

Forum List

Back