GOP led Benghazi report refutes conspiracy theories

Direct Quotes from the Select Committee's Report:

• The Committee first concludes that the CIA ensured sufficient security for CIA facilities in Benghazi....Appropriate U.S. personnel made reasonable tactical decisions that night, and the Committee found no evidence that there was either a stand down order or a denial of available air support....
  • Second, the Committee finds that there was no intelligence failure prior to the attacks. In the months prior, the IC provided intelligence about previous attacks and the increased threat environment in Benghazi, but the IC did not have specific, tactical warning of the September 11 attacks.
  • Third, the Committee finds that a mixed group of individuals, including those affiliated with Al Qa'ida, participated in the attacks....
  • Fourth, the Committee concludes that after the attacks, the early intelligence assessments and the Administration's initial public narrative on the causes and motivations for the attacks were not fully accurate....There was no protest. The CIA only changed its initial assessment about a protest on September 24, 2012, when closed caption television footage became available on September 18, 2012 (two days after Ambassador Susan Rice spoke)....
  • Fifth, the Committee finds that the process used to generate the talking points HPSCI asked for—and which were used for Ambassador Rice's public appearances—was flawed....
  • Finally, the Committee found no evidence that any officer was intimidated, wrongly forced to sign a nondisclosure agreement or otherwise kept from speaking to Congress, or polygraphed because of their presence in Benghazi. The Committee also found no evidence that the CIA conducted unauthorized activities in Benghazi and no evidence that the IC shipped arms to Syria.

Republicans Finally Admit There Is No Benghazi Scandal

Looks like this will put an end to the GOP witch hunt.......

Yea.....right

Tough to imagine that this story would have any legs if Hillary were not considering running for President.

Why? Because you and the democrats protecting Obama don't give a shit about four Americans needlessly killed? It is not like this type of thing has happened in the past. Yes, attacks, but attacks that result in an all night fire fight with the killing of an ambassador then the misrepresentation of facts by Obama and Rice? No that has not happened in the past.

So I guess it just should have been pushed to the back burner and those family members told to STFU.

BTW Obama us up for election in two months, funny you don't remember.

If the resident of the White House on the day of the Benghazi attacks had an (R) after his name, the Right would be minimizing it and the Left would be screaming.

And Obama is "up for election in two months"? Where?

Yeah we get it. You are cool cause you ride the fence. It is a tired fucking song.

This is not about how ALL politicians lie. This is about whether or not it was a spontaneous attack due to a video as the white house reported, then admitted that it was not due to a video, then after that they claimed it was spontaneous again. Of course after that, thefrom CNN bovine in the debate claimed obama said it was a terror attack and then the bovine admitted that he did not say that.

Go pat yourself on your back for not picking a side to someone else.

I feel no obligation to apologize for thinking for myself.

If being an obedient, transparent partisan ideologue suits you, congratulations.

obama, rice, hillary, and the rest of the dems lied about it, no report can ever change that fact. IT WAS NOT A SPONTANEOUS DEMONSTRATION CAUSED BY A VIDEO. THEY LIED TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND THEY KNEW THEY WERE LYING WHEN THEY DID IT.
So you didn't read the report? Thanks for the clarification :thup:

I read all the reports on Benghazi. Not one of them refutes that obama, clinton, rice, et. al lied when they claimed it was caused by the video. They lied about it for political reasons, nothing changes that.

Direct Quotes from the Select Committee's Report:

• The Committee first concludes that the CIA ensured sufficient security for CIA facilities in Benghazi....Appropriate U.S. personnel made reasonable tactical decisions that night, and the Committee found no evidence that there was either a stand down order or a denial of available air support....
  • Second, the Committee finds that there was no intelligence failure prior to the attacks. In the months prior, the IC provided intelligence about previous attacks and the increased threat environment in Benghazi, but the IC did not have specific, tactical warning of the September 11 attacks.
  • Third, the Committee finds that a mixed group of individuals, including those affiliated with Al Qa'ida, participated in the attacks....
  • Fourth, the Committee concludes that after the attacks, the early intelligence assessments and the Administration's initial public narrative on the causes and motivations for the attacks were not fully accurate....There was no protest. The CIA only changed its initial assessment about a protest on September 24, 2012, when closed caption television footage became available on September 18, 2012 (two days after Ambassador Susan Rice spoke)....
  • Fifth, the Committee finds that the process used to generate the talking points HPSCI asked for—and which were used for Ambassador Rice's public appearances—was flawed....
  • Finally, the Committee found no evidence that any officer was intimidated, wrongly forced to sign a nondisclosure agreement or otherwise kept from speaking to Congress, or polygraphed because of their presence in Benghazi. The Committee also found no evidence that the CIA conducted unauthorized activities in Benghazi and no evidence that the IC shipped arms to Syria.

Republicans Finally Admit There Is No Benghazi Scandal

Looks like this will put an end to the GOP witch hunt.......

Yea.....right
Gruber says you're stupid their is no witch hunt when facts are facts.

Tough to imagine that this story would have any legs if Hillary were not considering running for President.

Why? Because you and the democrats protecting Obama don't give a shit about four Americans needlessly killed? It is not like this type of thing has happened in the past. Yes, attacks, but attacks that result in an all night fire fight with the killing of an ambassador then the misrepresentation of facts by Obama and Rice? No that has not happened in the past.

So I guess it just should have been pushed to the back burner and those family members told to STFU.

If the resident of the White House on the day of the Benghazi attacks had an (R) after his name, the Right would be minimizing it and the Left would be screaming.

Yeah we get it. You are cool cause you ride the fence. It is a tired fucking song.

This is not about how ALL politicians lie. This is about whether or not it was a spontaneous attack due to a video as the white house reported, then admitted that it was not due to a video, then after that they claimed it was spontaneous again. Of course after that, thefrom CNN bovine in the debate claimed obama said it was a terror attack and then the bovine admitted that he did not say that.

Go pat yourself on your back for not picking a side to someone else.

I feel no obligation to apologize for thinking for myself.

If being an obedient, transparent partisan ideologue suits you, congratulations.

You are not thinking for yourself for refusing to pick a side. Like I said, keep patting yourself on your back though.

obama, rice, hillary, and the rest of the dems lied about it, no report can ever change that fact. IT WAS NOT A SPONTANEOUS DEMONSTRATION CAUSED BY A VIDEO. THEY LIED TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND THEY KNEW THEY WERE LYING WHEN THEY DID IT.

I read all the reports on Benghazi. Not one of them refutes that obama, clinton, rice, et. al lied when they claimed it was caused by the video. They lied about it for political reasons, nothing changes that.
I'm referring to the final one that exonerates the Admin you rw kool aid boi. :booze:

So what if they did? It doesn't change the truth. This is a sheer BS excuse, we are discussing the topic not the R and the Ds and it makes no difference what one or the other side would do to the truth. Except now they seem to be getting in bed for whatever reason.

BTW, why did you leave out about Obama being up for election and focus on Hillary? Because she has an election in a year? Because she is the next appointed one?

I'm referring to the final one that exonerates the Admin you rw kool aid boi. :booze:
I bet you thought obama care would be free?
And yes my comment is relevant.

You are not thinking for yourself for refusing to pick a side. Like I said, keep patting yourself on your back though.

"Picking a side" is the very definition of not thinking for yourself.

I'm bored of this topic, hence my sig.

And think I will start patting myself on the back. Evidently independent thought is in shorter supply than I thought.

Good for me.

Last edited:
so you openly admit that you buy into the false two party paradigm? lol. They both basically work for the same people Skippy :thup: What a dupe :lol:

me too, show where it said that obama, rice, and clinton were telling the truth when they said (for weeks) that it was spontaneous and caused by a video.

where does that report say that they were not lying to the american people when they made that claim?

Denialist.

ok, then give us a quote from the report that says they were not lying about it being caused by a video.

"Picking a side" is the very definition of not thinking for myself.

And think I will start patting myself on the back. Evidently independent thought is in shorter supply than I thought.

Good for me.

Did you ever consider the likelihood that sometimes the exercise of 'independent thought' will lead one to end up with a set of opinions that put him or her on one side or another?

So what if they did? It doesn't change the truth. This is a sheer BS excuse, we are discussing the topic not the R and the Ds and it makes no difference what one or the other side would do to the truth. Except now they seem to be getting in bed for whatever reason.

BTW, why did you leave out about Obama being up for election and focus on Hillary? Because she has an election in a year? Because she is the next appointed one?

I still don't understand your thing about Obama being up for election. What does this mean?

But yes, as I made clear, if Hillary were not in the electoral spotlight this stuff would not be as "important".

And if you want to pretend that the two sides would be behaving the same way if the President had an (R) after his name, well, run with it.

me too, show where it said that obama, rice, and clinton were telling the truth when they said (for weeks) that it was spontaneous and caused by a video.

where does that report say that they were not lying to the american people when they made that claim?

Read the report. If you want to produce arguments that refute material in the report, fine, but at least read it first.

"Picking a side" is the very definition of not thinking for myself.

Good for me.

Yeap, good for you.

Denialist.

ok, then give us a quote from the report that says they were not lying about it being caused by a video.

Read the report.

Forum List

Back