GOP -- One AND Two Unacceptable at National Level

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
The GOP has gotten itself in a pretty pickle with their primary leader and #2 (Trump and Cruz).

These two candidates are unelectable at the national level -- meaning swing voters and moderates (right of center / left of center) already find them both unacceptable and unthinkable (think Sarah Palin).

It's the rational middle that decides the outcome of the Presidential election. Well, actually it's the rational middle in a few select "swing" states. Because California, the Northwest and Northeast always fall in line the same way the bible belt and corn belt do, that leaves the Swings to break the tie one way or the other. Our National election comes down to which way Ohio, Florida, Penn, and Colorado go. Unfortunate but that's how the electoral college numbers game woks out. And with more hispanics and ethic populations growing in light red states, things are not looking good for the GOP in 2020 and beyond.

The problem the GOP has with two un-electable candidates is that these Swing States and few other small swing states are being pushed into going blue to save the country from what the majority perceives as an unacceptable outcome -- Trump or Cruz as POTUS.

A vote for Hilary feels like a punt, the safe play in the situation. And her campaign is trying to move people to feeling its more like 3rd and short and an easy pass/run option.

Here's the question the GOP is asking: are Cruz/Rubio voters likely to come around to Trump in enough numbers to make him viable? No. We already know that answer. Unfortunately for the GOP, Cruz is more unacceptable to swing/moderate voters. It's that sociopathic vibe people don't like. He would never be able to capture enough swings and ex-Trumpers to win anything.

The way I see it, the only option for the GOP going forward is to tear Trump down and hope Cruz implodes, then prop up Kasich.

Kasich with a conservative VP pick is their only chance at the WH.

. some of you might need to see a shrink. and the pickle is on you Democrats and they are named, Hillary and Bernie. Trump has drawn more people and has won by bigger margins then even your Dear dear Obozo ever did. start looking for a shrink.

I always love these posts. Because I heard the same thing about Obama, and the same thing about Bush. It's amazing how often there is some idiot somewhere saying "so and so is unelectable!"

Trump has faced no real opposition, just weak candidates who stupidly tried to out-bully the master bully. As bullying backfires when a man tries it on a woman, Hillary will tear him apart, with a calm smile on her face.

The basic strategy.

1. Point out how Trump is a phony elitist who has spent his life crapping on the middle class.

2. Point out his vile conduct towards women and minorities. When he makes ugly sexist comments towards Hillary, as he will, the Hillary camp won't respond in kind. Instead, they'll just sadly announce how disappointed they are. Many times. On national TV.

3. Point out his infantile temperament makes him unsuitable to be president. Needle him until he explodes, on topics like his lifelong record of business failure, or how he's currently a big loser in the polls compared to Hillary.

4. Ask him for specific plans, like how he'll deal with Putin, and highlight his insane responses.

Yes, we do get that Trump's disgusting behavior is seen as a plus by his backers, as they're kindred souls. But they're not even close to having enough numbers to win a national election.

Trump has faced no real opposition, just weak candidates who stupidly tried to out-bully the master bully. As bullying backfires when a man tries it on a woman, Hillary will tear him apart, with a calm smile on her face.
You must be on morphine. No one has gained traction on Trump because he is pretty good with his yap. True, he shoots from the hip but a lot of people are past caring about the low rounds.

Hillary is a gas bag running on hot air. It won't take much to deflate her. If a softy like Bernie Sanders can pull voters away in droves she is going to have a problem. Don't forget, much of America doesn't think we are doing well and Hillary is running on the status quo. It's going to be a tough sell.

The GOP has gotten itself in a pretty pickle with their primary leader and #2 (Trump and Cruz).

These two candidates are unelectable at the national level -- meaning swing voters and moderates (right of center / left of center) already find them both unacceptable and unthinkable (think Sarah Palin).

It's the rational middle that decides the outcome of the Presidential election. Well, actually it's the rational middle in a few select "swing" states. Because California, the Northwest and Northeast always fall in line the same way the bible belt and corn belt do, that leaves the Swings to break the tie one way or the other. Our National election comes down to which way Ohio, Florida, Penn, and Colorado go. Unfortunate but that's how the electoral college numbers game woks out. And with more hispanics and ethic populations growing in light red states, things are not looking good for the GOP in 2020 and beyond.

The problem the GOP has with two un-electable candidates is that these Swing States and few other small swing states are being pushed into going blue to save the country from what the majority perceives as an unacceptable outcome -- Trump or Cruz as POTUS.

A vote for Hilary feels like a punt, the safe play in the situation. And her campaign is trying to move people to feeling its more like 3rd and short and an easy pass/run option.

Here's the question the GOP is asking: are Cruz/Rubio voters likely to come around to Trump in enough numbers to make him viable? No. We already know that answer. Unfortunately for the GOP, Cruz is more unacceptable to swing/moderate voters. It's that sociopathic vibe people don't like. He would never be able to capture enough swings and ex-Trumpers to win anything.

The way I see it, the only option for the GOP going forward is to tear Trump down and hope Cruz implodes, then prop up Kasich.

Both Trump and Cruz will take Red States
We already knew that

Both will be painted as batshit crazy and dangerous for America
Neither can win a swing state

I always love these posts. Because I heard the same thing about Obama, and the same thing about Bush. It's amazing how often there is some idiot somewhere saying "so and so is unelectable!"

Both Obama and Bush were highly electable

It is the Palins, Bachmans, Trumps, Sanders and Cruz's that are unelectable

The basic strategy.

1. Point out how Trump is a phony elitist who has spent his life crapping on the middle class.

2. Point out his vile conduct towards women and minorities. When he makes ugly sexist comments towards Hillary, as he will, the Hillary camp won't respond in kind. Instead, they'll just sadly announce how disappointed they are. Many times. On national TV.

3. Point out his infantile temperament makes him unsuitable to be president. Needle him until he explodes, on topics like his lifelong record of business failure, or how he's currently a big loser in the polls compared to Hillary.

4. Ask him for specific plans, like how he'll deal with Putin, and highlight his insane responses.

Yes, we do get that Trump's disgusting behavior is seen as a plus by his backers, as they're kindred souls. But they're not even close to having enough numbers to win a national election.

Yes he has nothing to work with. It'll take two or more days to trot out all the women Hillary tried to destroy over her husband's sexual perversions. He has tons of top secret emails and an unsecure server which placed our nation's secrets at risk. He has an ambassador and three others murdered over a damn video, he has her using her office as Secretary of State to shake down contributions from foreign governments for favors rendered. He has her own racist remarks on video. Bring it on.

Paying no attention to the numbers of voters that are now voting in these Republican primaries or the numbers of Democrats changing their registration. Dream on.

Paying no attention to the numbers of voters that are now voting in these Republican primaries or the numbers of Democrats changing their registration. Dream on.

Really insignificant when you look at national numbers

It will take at least 65 million votes to win the election. Where will Trump get them?

The basic strategy.

Yes he has nothing to work with. It'll take two or more days to trot out all the women Hillary tried to destroy over her husband's sexual perversions. He has tons of top secret emails and an unsecure server which placed our nation's secrets at risk. He has an ambassador and three others murdered over a damn video, he has her using her office as Secretary of State to shake down contributions from foreign governments for favors rendered. He has her own racist remarks on video. Bring it on.

and then Hillary struts around claiming she the one for the womeeeeen folk. How any woman can support her when she and Billy boy set out to Destroy a young woman around the same age as their daughter, who was snared by her then 50something year old hound dog who used his position of Power to seduce her

It will take at least 65 million votes to win the election. Where will Trump get them?

Unlike Hillary, from the registered voters in America. Many of them Democrats.

in this instance

"idiot" is spot on

--LOL

Unlike Hillary, from the registered voters in America. Many of them Democrats.

Trump can pull votes in red states...any republican can

He will be soundly routed in battleground states and may lose Georgia, Indiana and Arizona in the red states

Op is total bullshit not worth the time it takes to read. Leftist interpretation of what is occurring in the GOP is worthless. What is really happening is that the GOP is going through an identity evolution and it is causing done stress points. End the end - around mid Summer 2016 - the GOP will emerge solidly United and ready to destroy Hillary Clintons and the rest of the Democrat trash.

The GOP is uniting, not dividing, and it scares you leftist scum.

Better than choosing between a felon and a commie!

You'll be bringing out the tape of Michelle Obama ranting about Whitey as well, I suppose.

You're rather delusional. You Trump fans don't understand that, being how you avoid reality by staying in your cult bubble. It's going to be a rough awakening for you, one that you'll explain with conspiracy theories about how the elections were rigged.

You'll be bringing out the tape of Michelle Obama ranting about Whitey as well, I suppose.

You're rather delusional. You Trump fans don't understand that, being how you avoid reality by staying in your cult bubble. It's going to be a rough awakening for you, one that you'll explain with conspiracy theories about how the elections were rigged.

Not really. Trump isn't running against Michelle. I'm saying if Hillary wants to attack Trump, she'd best be prepared for the consequences. Donald is a bare-knuckled street fighter and Hillary has a lot of vulnerabilities.

Not really. Trump isn't running against Michelle. I'm saying if Hillary wants to attack Trump, she'd best be prepared for the consequences. Donald is a bare-knuckled street fighter and Hillary has a lot of vulnerabilities.

Benghazi hearings. For 11 hours straight, Hillary calmly humiliated you cranks when you tried tossing conspiracy garbage at her.

She's going to do it again, and it will be hilarious to watch you flailing about. I'm sure there will be lots of screaming about "liberal media", combined with a lot of outright denial. Trouble is, if you just did a faceplant into a cow patty, it will be hard to pretend you didn't.

Benghazi hearings. For 11 hours straight, Hillary calmly humiliated you cranks when you tried tossing conspiracy garbage at her.

She's going to do it again, and it will be hilarious to watch you flailing about. I'm sure there will be lots of screaming about "liberal media", combined with a lot of outright denial. Trouble is, if you just did a faceplant into a cow patty, it will be hard to pretend you didn't.

Keep dreaming. Trump will be your next President. Let Hillary bring it on. She carries more baggage than Delta Airlines.

Forum List

Back