GOP poisons children with lead tainted water. It's OK, they're poor.

I realize that in all probability the buck will stop at the Governor's desk.

BUT check this out. This is what caused the lead poisoning. And the city of Flint is responsible.

"Initial reports of high bacterial and chemical pollutants in the water reportedly necessitated higher levels of chlorination, which then resulted in Flint violating the federal Safe Drinking Water Act during three tests in 2014."

Ruh roh!

"Reports also found that the treated water was more corrosive than previous supplies and caused high levels of lead to leach out of the city’s ageing pipes into the drinking supply."

Flint mayor declares 'manmade disaster' over lead-tainted water supply

From your post: "Reports also found that the treated water was more corrosive than previous supplies and caused high levels of lead to leach out of the city’s ageing pipes into the drinking supply."

How is that the fault of the city when it was Republicans who switched to more corrosive water without even an attempt at study.

Oh, that's right. For Republicans, "study" is very close to education and we know what Republicans think of education:

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. I've been digging further. Looks like the politicians were lied to. Michigan Department of Health hid the evidence of the contamination.

There were studies done but the results were fudged. I'm big on water conservation and have been for decades since Grassy Narrows. Walkerton happened with e coli big time in Ontario. Fought intensive hog farming because of the damage to water supplies and currently live in a boil water area.

I know you have no intention of doing anything further than trying to pin everything on R's but here's a link anyway so you can see if you're interested what a phenomenal dog's freaking breakfast this cover up was. This is criminal.

Flint Water Study Updates

Michigan Health Department Hid Evidence of Health Harm Due to Lead Contaminated Water: Allowed False Public Assurances by MDEQ and Stonewalled Outside Researchers

This is just hair raising. I'm spitting bullets here. This bullshit goes from the bottom up. Check out what this mother was told. By a lead poisoning nurse no less.

YIKES. Barely lead poisoned. It's not the end of the world if her kid loses a couple of IQ points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"DHHS’ engagement in the Flint water crisis, started in early 2015 with two phone calls from Lee-Anne Walters to a state lead poisoning nurse in Lansing identified only as “Karen.”

When asked about the phone call last night, Walters said she was at first expressing concern over high lead in water measurements in Flint, but on the second call she was in tears because her son’s blood lead had increased to 6.5 ug/dL.

According to Walters, “Karen” told her “He is barely lead poisoned. If CDC had not changed their lead poisoning standard from 10 down to 5, we would not be having this conversation.”

Angry, Walters protested that Karen was minimizing the problem, at which point “Karen” cut her off and said “I am working with kids in their 40’s and 50’s. It is just a few IQ points…it is not the end of the world.”

FOIA e-mails demonstrate that Karen Lishinski (DHHS) acknowledged receiving phone calls on the dates Walters called (the caller’s name is redacted in the FOIA), but elsewhere Lishinski acknowledges to colleagues that the last time she actually worked with a child who had blood lead above 45 ug/dL was in 2009".

Really awesome information at this link:

BUT check this out. This is what caused the lead poisoning. And the city of Flint is responsible.

"Initial reports of high bacterial and chemical pollutants in the water reportedly necessitated higher levels of chlorination, which then resulted in Flint violating the federal Safe Drinking Water Act during three tests in 2014."

Ruh roh!

"Reports also found that the treated water was more corrosive than previous supplies and caused high levels of lead to leach out of the city’s ageing pipes into the drinking supply."

From your post: "Reports also found that the treated water was more corrosive than previous supplies and caused high levels of lead to leach out of the city’s ageing pipes into the drinking supply."

How is that the fault of the city when it was Republicans who switched to more corrosive water without even an attempt at study.

Oh, that's right. For Republicans, "study" is very close to education and we know what Republicans think of education:

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. I've been digging further. Looks like the politicians were lied to. Michigan Department of Health hid the evidence of the contamination.

There were studies done but the results were fudged. I'm big on water conservation and have been for decades since Grassy Narrows. Walkerton happened with e coli big time in Ontario. Fought intensive hog farming because of the damage to water supplies and currently live in a boil water area.

I know you have no intention of doing anything further than trying to pin everything on R's but here's a link anyway so you can see if you're interested what a phenomenal dog's freaking breakfast this cover up was. This is criminal.

Michigan Health Department Hid Evidence of Health Harm Due to Lead Contaminated Water: Allowed False Public Assurances by MDEQ and Stonewalled Outside Researchers

Rderp is WAY behind the curve here. MANY months ago on another board members went to looking why water treatment was cut and found city officials did it to secure the funds for union benefits. The EM Rderp is TRYING to blame ONLY makes sure its legal NOT ethical.

The CITY voted seven to one to change the supply and the EM HAD to sign off on it because while it was NOT ethical it WAS legal. Now caught they want to blame the EM for THEIR choice.

The city of Flint is run by democrats.
The city of Flint OPTED to use that water as a budget cutter.
They COULD have stayed on the existing CLEANER system.

Every person involved in the decisions answered directly to the Governor, and he was consulted every step of the way. It was his call.
The governor of Michigan OPTED to use that water as a budget cutter.
He COULD have stayed on the existing CLEANER system

The City of Houston has been run by Democrats.
The State is run more by GOP. All the destruction, waste, debts and passage of unconstitutional Houston ordinances later contested and defeated in court were under Democrat administrations.

If the Democrats in charge of cities are going to blame the Republican Governors like whiny victims,
do you still want them in charge of running cities? Sorry BULLDOG but that sounds even worse!
Houston. Hmmm, where have I heard that name. Oh yea, that's right. Houston is in fucking Texas.

U.S. states most affected by industrial air pollution
Rank U.S. States Industrial Toxic Air Pollution (Millions of Pounds)
1 Ohio 58.66
2 Kentucky 51.87
3 Texas 41.58
4 Indiana 40.37

most polluted states in the us - Google Search
CrusaderFrank :D

In Flint, Mich., there’s so much lead in children’s blood that a state of emergency is declared

The suit, which claims to represent “tens of thousands of residents,” alleges that the city and state officials “deliberately deprived” them of their 14th Amendment rights by replacing formerly safe drinking water with a cheaper alternative that was known to be highly toxic.

“For more than 18 months, state and local government officials ignored irrefutable evidence that the water pumped from the Flint River exposed [residents] to extreme toxicity,” the complaint reads. “The deliberately false denials about the safety of the Flint River water was as deadly as it was arrogant.”

LeeAnn Walters, a Flint resident and mother of 4-year-old twins, took every precaution after blood tests revealed that the level of lead in one of her sons had soared after the switch to Flint River.

“I was hysterical,” Walters told the Free Press. “I cried when they gave me my first lead report.”

She had feared lead was the problem when her whole family developed rashes and her son stopped gaining weight.

Toxic Water In Michigan Begins And Ends With Governor Rick Snyder

I cannot recall an instance in my lifetime where an entire city’s population was poisoned with a tasteless, odorless, powerful toxin thanks the actions of their state government that knew what was happening for MONTHS before any action was taken. This will become the legacy of Rick Snyder and his administration. It’s obscene. It’s a scandal. And people should go to prison.

----------------------------------------------

They knew they were poisoning people for 18 months. A doctor, a private citizen paid for the independent study because Republicans running the state simply didn't care. Come on, it's a Republican administration. Is it really any surprise???? Poisoning an entire city because it's cheaper and they are mostly poor? From the GOP perspective, it makes sense, right?
Your ignorance & stupidity are second to none
Guess you didn't read the previous post nitwit.
will-grace-slap-o.gif
I guess you got beat up a lot as a child. There is no other excuse for the level of hatred you display everyday simply because of 2 letters, r & d.

By far the biggest bitch I've ever met online
The Republican gov knew the water was contaminated for 18 months and your reply to that fact is:

That's how your kind sees the truth. And when you are shown your, uh, ignorance and stupidity, you resort to name calling. Exactly what a true bee otch does.
man-with-l-for-loser_1.jpg

However, I don't want a bee otch. You are free to go.

Ruh roh!

Rderp is WAY behind the curve here. MANY months ago on another board members went to looking why water treatment was cut and found city officials did it to secure the funds for union benefits. The EM Rderp is TRYING to blame ONLY makes sure its legal NOT ethical.

The CITY voted seven to one to change the supply and the EM HAD to sign off on it because while it was NOT ethical it WAS legal. Now caught they want to blame the EM for THEIR choice.

That's like Republicans saying the Iraq war was the fault of Democrats because they voted for it.

In Flint, Mich., there’s so much lead in children’s blood that a state of emergency is declared

The suit, which claims to represent “tens of thousands of residents,” alleges that the city and state officials “deliberately deprived” them of their 14th Amendment rights by replacing formerly safe drinking water with a cheaper alternative that was known to be highly toxic.

“For more than 18 months, state and local government officials ignored irrefutable evidence that the water pumped from the Flint River exposed [residents] to extreme toxicity,” the complaint reads. “The deliberately false denials about the safety of the Flint River water was as deadly as it was arrogant.”

LeeAnn Walters, a Flint resident and mother of 4-year-old twins, took every precaution after blood tests revealed that the level of lead in one of her sons had soared after the switch to Flint River.

“I was hysterical,” Walters told the Free Press. “I cried when they gave me my first lead report.”

She had feared lead was the problem when her whole family developed rashes and her son stopped gaining weight.

I cannot recall an instance in my lifetime where an entire city’s population was poisoned with a tasteless, odorless, powerful toxin thanks the actions of their state government that knew what was happening for MONTHS before any action was taken. This will become the legacy of Rick Snyder and his administration. It’s obscene. It’s a scandal. And people should go to prison.

They knew they were poisoning people for 18 months. A doctor, a private citizen paid for the independent study because Republicans running the state simply didn't care. Come on, it's a Republican administration. Is it really any surprise???? Poisoning an entire city because it's cheaper and they are mostly poor? From the GOP perspective, it makes sense, right?
will-grace-slap-o.gif
I guess you got beat up a lot as a child. There is no other excuse for the level of hatred you display everyday simply because of 2 letters, r & d.

The Republican gov knew the water was contaminated for 18 months and your reply to that fact is:

That's how your kind sees the truth. And when you are shown your, uh, ignorance and stupidity, you resort to name calling. Exactly what a true bee otch does.

The city democrats have control over city issues. The budget disaster that caused this is found in decades of abuse by democrats on spending and their failure to keep up infrastucture.

Ruh roh!

Unreal. The more I dig the worse the coverup gets.

will-grace-slap-o.gif

You've put the cart ahead of the horse tard. We've yet to complete our task of worldwide domination over puppies & grandmas.

Ruh roh!

The Michigan Department of Health is a state agency that reports directly to the Republican governor and it's head was appointed by said governor.

So it must be the Democrats fault. Probably Obama's fault too. Maybe even Hillary's.

will-grace-slap-o.gif

Bullshit. They were fudging the data. I just proved that. So how on earth was the Governor supposed to know that they were lying flat out lying about test results?

That's insane to expect the Governor to be aware of the lies. What now? The Governor should go to jail because he didn't do water tests on his own?

Give me a freaking break.

"In other words, Wurfel was completely misrepresenting the conclusions of the DHHS July 2015 blood lead study—to claim there was no spike in children’s blood lead when there was one. The FOIA does not reveal precisely where, or how, Wurfel was so misinformed. But the record is also perfectly clear that DHHS sat by silently as Wurfel repeated these false statements throughout September."

will-grace-slap-o.gif

You've put the cart ahead of the horse tard. We've yet to complete our task of worldwide domination over puppies & grandmas.
True Republicans want to dominate. But that's not enough. They also want the middle class destitute or maybe even dead, like they want the gays.

Republicans want gays dead - Google Search

will-grace-slap-o.gif

Bullshit. They were fudging the data. I just proved that. So how on earth was the Governor supposed to know that they were lying flat out lying about test results?

That's insane to expect the Governor to be aware of the lies. What now? The Governor should go to jail because he didn't do water tests on his own?

"In other words, Wurfel was completely misrepresenting the conclusions of the DHHS July 2015 blood lead study—to claim there was no spike in children’s blood lead when there was one. The FOIA does not reveal precisely where, or how, Wurfel was so misinformed. But the record is also perfectly clear that DHHS sat by silently as Wurfel repeated these false statements throughout September."

The buck stops at the top. How do you know the governor didn't know. I guess you also think Crispie didn't know about the bridge shut down.

will-grace-slap-o.gif

True Republicans want to dominate. But that's not enough. They also want the middle class destitute or maybe even dead, like they want the gays.

Republicans want gays dead - Google Search
The gays can go fuck themselves......oh wait, they already do.

By the way, did you know fags hate the environment? Look at all that rubber they use.... A complete disregard for the environment at the expense of tickling each other's asses

will-grace-slap-o.gif

The buck stops at the top. How do you know the governor didn't know. I guess you also think Crispie didn't know about the bridge shut down.
Bigot hates fat people too eh?

will-grace-slap-o.gif

Straw manning your OWN OP. And you wonder why people think you are stupid?

Cry me a river, dumbass

Forum List

Back