🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GOP Readies Cuts to Federal Workforce Under Trump

Who else makes 100% retirement pay?
.gov workers....
i sure as hell did not get that......were the hell did you hear that?....
In Congress..
well not all govt workers get what congress gets....
I an well aware of that. I was just speaking of Congress..If they can slash and burn everyone else, they can do themselves, or see themselves out of s job..
totally agree....

No lifetime cap. Payments forever. More than SSI and after 83' they in that too! Family medical for life, on and on. Huge staff, travel. Perks up wazoo!

A member of Congress retiring with 20 years of service under FERS and a high three-year average salary of $174,000 would get an initial annual FERS pension of $59,160.

A member of Congress retiring with five years' service under CSRS and 25 years under FERS at the same salary level would get an initial annual pension of $89,610.

A member of Congress retiring with 30 years of service under the CSRS offset plan would get an initial annual benefit of $130,500. However, at age 62 or older, this amount would be reduced by the amount received from Social Security attributable to federal service.

Read more: Golden Retirement Benefits For Congress | Bankrate.com Follow us: @Bankrate on Twitter | Bankrate on Facebook
Congress was dropped from CSRS over thirty years ago

FERS pays one percent for every year in Congress....hardly a windfall
OK. I see that CRCS is obsolete....
just for new hires.....until the last person hired before 84 is gone,its still in effect for them....

No lifetime cap. Payments forever. More than SSI and after 83' they in that too! Family medical for life, on and on. Huge staff, travel. Perks up wazoo!

A member of Congress retiring with 20 years of service under FERS and a high three-year average salary of $174,000 would get an initial annual FERS pension of $59,160.

A member of Congress retiring with five years' service under CSRS and 25 years under FERS at the same salary level would get an initial annual pension of $89,610.

A member of Congress retiring with 30 years of service under the CSRS offset plan would get an initial annual benefit of $130,500. However, at age 62 or older, this amount would be reduced by the amount received from Social Security attributable to federal service.

Read more: Golden Retirement Benefits For Congress | Bankrate.com Follow us: @Bankrate on Twitter | Bankrate on Facebook

Link shows different?

Editor's note: The statistics in this article were gleaned from a Congressional Research Service report titled "Retirement Benefits for Members of Congress," Nov. 30, 2012, by Katelin P. Isaacs.advertisementLongtime financial journalist Barbara Mlotek Whelehan earned a certificate of specialization in financial planning. Connect with Barbara Whelehan on Google+.Read more: Golden Retirement Benefits For Congress | Bankrate.com Follow us: @Bankrate on Twitter | Bankrate on Facebook

And don't forget the TSP plan. additional 401K style plan "on steroids". they have it all. better than regular guy has it. I don't know how you could claim otherwise? And make me work!!! Don't bring your sock or white knight after me again!!
TSP is not much different than any other 401k type plan with employer matching

I still don't see any windfall for Congress
They get what any other Government Employee gets

just for new hires.....until the last person hired before 84 is gone,its still in effect for them....
I retired under CSRS

Best decision I ever made

I retired under CSRS

Best decision I ever made
same here....

Federal worker cuts? Good, start with the bloated military.

MANY things need to be cut before the military gets touched. Not saying the military doesn't need cuts but they're far down the agenda.

The military should be our first cut. World policeman needs to be over. The military industrial complex needs to knuckle under to the real needs of this country.

I'm on some strong meds at the moment or I would try to respond to this thread. Sorry.

The military should be our first cut. World policeman needs to be over. The military industrial complex needs to knuckle under to the real needs of this country.

I agree World Policeman needs to be over. On that we have no difference of opinion.

However... The first cuts need to be EVERY UNCONSTITUTIONAL PROGRAM ON THE BOOKS. Education, HUD, Environment, Welfare, etc.... Gone. Not a single penny.

THEN, we need to draw the US Military back inside our borders, Secure those borders Airtight, and have enough manpower and firepower instantly available to utterly wipe anyone who knocks on the door off the map.

We need our military, we don't need an army of EPA goons and we can gut the department of education . There is a whole bunch of lard we can trim from the Federal bureaucracy. Securing our borders will save us billions and billions of dollars each and every year. Booting out these illegal fuckers is another priority for cost savings. You libtards want to increase social services, fine boot out the illegals to pay for it.
Why not just let companies dump whatever they want into our air and rivers?

A GOP paradise

Do you mean like how DEMOCRATS dump raw sewage into public waterways from their inner cities and the EPA looks the other way, people in glass houses fool.

We need our military, we don't need an army of EPA goons and we can gut the department of education . There is a whole bunch of lard we can trim from the Federal bureaucracy. Securing our borders will save us billions and billions of dollars each and every year. Booting out these illegal fuckers is another priority for cost savings. You libtards want to increase social services, fine boot out the illegals to pay for it.
Why not just let companies dump whatever they want into our air and rivers?

A GOP paradise

Do you mean like how DEMOCRATS dump raw sewage into public waterways from their inner cities and the EPA looks the other way, people in glass houses fool.
Sure they do

Forum List

Back