GOP Senator Celebrates His Vote Against Gay Marriage By Attending Son's Gay Marriage

Nice try but a major fail. You guys are the ones who have a problem with love. We have a problem with hipocracy.

Do you support gay marriage?
hipocracy? i don’t support you sleeping with hippos…likely won’t end up well for you

i support gay marriage…not sure why you all have an issue with this man going to his son’s wedding

"A Pennsylvania lawmaker is facing criticism for attending his gay son's wedding last week, just days after opposing a bill in the U.S. house that would enshrine protections for same-sex marriage into federal law. Representative Glenn Thompson's office said in a statement that he and his wife were thrilled to attend the nuptials and are very happy to welcome a new son-in-law into the family. His office did not respond to a follow-up question about why he decided to vote against the measure."

So I guess the key to opposing same sex marriage is to just oppose it for everyone else but not your own family? Cool...Kinda makes for an awkward wedding knowing your Dad would have gladly voted to stop you from being married "legally" if Republicans ever had their wish....I am sure the weasel excuse given is:

"I am totally for gay marriage bro, I just don't want them to be federally protected...that's all"

I assume this is a case of a politician just doing what he thinks he has to do to get elected -- and for some reason, there are a lot of Republicans believing that the easiest way to remain in power is to oppose gay rights in any form it pops up...which is odd, because I keep hearing from the so-called Conservatives on this message board that "Bro, nobody is trying to take away rights from gays bro..." -- Seems once again, Conservatives are lying about their own positions....
Hypocrite? Thy name is magaturd...

Gay people CAN'T have children. They MUST include a third party in their union in order to MAKE a baby. If there is a child involved in a gay union it is from another legit marriage or relationship or its adopted. But its NOT from a gay union.
What is your point? That because gay people do not have children 1 on 1 without help, they should not be ble to marry? Or that their relationship is some how less valued? If so, then can I assume that heterosexual couples who can't have children without "help" should not be able to marry either?

If there is a child involved in a gay union it is from another legit marriage or relationship or its adopted.
You don't know alot, do you.? In many cases the children being raised by a gay couple are the biological children of one of them. Ever hear of surogacy and sperm donors? In any case what matters far more is that fact that they are parents. They provide a home and stability for children

And so what if they are adopted? THINK about what you are saying THINK! There are many more children in the foster care system then there are people who are able, willing, and qualified to adopt them

And since when was having children a condition or requirement of marriage.?

Last edited:
i don’t find it hard you aren’t able to answer the question.
Are you serious? What is being denied? How about the social status of being married and all of the financial benefits, legal protections and rights that go with marriage for the parents and the children?. Please give me some sign that you are not actually too stupid to understand that.

Last edited:
Are you serious? What is being denied? How about the social status of being married and all of the financial benefits, legal protections and rights that go with marriage for the parents and the children?. Please give me some sign that you are not actually too stupid to understand that.
This retard had all the benefits of queers in the "Civil Union" created by the rapist in chief "William Jefferson Clinton", but that wasnt good enough, because the faggots want to destroy the institution of marriage...

This retard had all the benefits of queers in the "Civil Union" created by the rapist in chief "William Jefferson Clinton", but that wasnt good enough, because the faggots want to destroy the institution of marriage...
"Destroy the institue of marriage" in this case simply means, hurt the feelings fragile white men.

where is that being denied?

"A Pennsylvania lawmaker is facing criticism for attending his gay son's wedding last week, just days after opposing a bill in the U.S. house that would enshrine protections for same-sex marriage into federal law. Representative Glenn Thompson's office said in a statement that he and his wife were thrilled to attend the nuptials and are very happy to welcome a new son-in-law into the family. His office did not respond to a follow-up question about why he decided to vote against the measure."

So I guess the key to opposing same sex marriage is to just oppose it for everyone else but not your own family? Cool...Kinda makes for an awkward wedding knowing your Dad would have gladly voted to stop you from being married "legally" if Republicans ever had their wish....I am sure the weasel excuse given is:

"I am totally for gay marriage bro, I just don't want them to be federally protected...that's all"

I assume this is a case of a politician just doing what he thinks he has to do to get elected -- and for some reason, there are a lot of Republicans believing that the easiest way to remain in power is to oppose gay rights in any form it pops up...which is odd, because I keep hearing from the so-called Conservatives on this message board that "Bro, nobody is trying to take away rights from gays bro..." -- Seems once again, Conservatives are lying about their own positions....

You're seriously butthurt about someone doing their job and respecting the Constitution and the limits of Congressional power even when it doesn't align with their personal interest or situation?

So, you just WANT corrupt authoritarians to rule you.

Got it,

You're seriously butthurt about someone doing their job and respecting the Constitution and the limits of Congressional power even when it doesn't align with their personal interest or situation?

So, you just WANT corrupt authoritarians to rule you.

Got it,

The Constitution clearly grants the people equal access to the laws. If you wish to deny some the right to marry who they wish, remove the government from the institution of marriage.

The Constitution clearly grants the people equal access to the laws. If you wish to deny some the right to marry who they wish, remove the government from the institution of marriage.
ok…so you agree with the comgressman…there is no need for the law, and this thread is just bs

Forum List

Back