GOP ... states can keep Obamacare

Freedom is all about being allowed to be a moron.

But ObamaCare doesn't just force "morons" to buy insurance, it forces them to buy insurance at a higher cost than it should be. They are forced to subsidize high school dropouts.

What you just said is total nonsense.

Not a single dollar of your healthcare spending goes to pay for means based insurance subsidies. Funding for that comes from cuts in other spending and a few new taxes that mostly hit 250K+ income brakes.

Thank you, most think they pay for it.

But ObamaCare doesn't just force "morons" to buy insurance, it forces them to buy insurance at a higher cost than it should be. They are forced to subsidize high school dropouts.

Not a single dollar of your healthcare spending goes to pay for means based insurance subsidies. Funding for that comes from cuts in other spending and a few new taxes that mostly hit 250K+ income brakes.
Apparently you are completely oblivious as to why the individual mandate was the linchpin of Obamacare.

Everyone had to be forced into the pool to keep costs down for the "involuntarily uninsured".

The people forced to buy insurance are most certainly subsidizing the involuntarily uninsured by paying higher premiums, and one third of the involuntarily uninsured are high school dropouts.

You do realize that Medicare funding comes from payroll tax line item that would explode if everyone had to get covered suddenly?

It is right now 15% of total federal budget, or about 500 billion a year, extending it will at very least double that to 1 Trillion a year.

Democrats will actually go along with that, but for Republicans this will be a total nonstarter and actually a lot closer to single payer than ACA ever will be.
"Medicare for all" is just another way of saying "single payer healthcare".

So of course our tax bill would explode. Just like it does in every country that has single payer healthcare.

We were sold down that river by the GOP a long, long time ago. The rube herd just hasn't caught on yet.
No, it's not Single Payer. Educate yourself on Medicare Advantage plans and Medicare Supplement plans.

Where does the money for Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement come from?

The government. That's where.

"Medicaid for all" is single payer.

So of course our tax bill would explode. Just like it does in every country that has single payer healthcare.

We were sold down that river by the GOP a long, long time ago. The rube herd just hasn't caught on yet.
No, it's not Single Payer. Educate yourself on Medicare Advantage plans and Medicare Supplement plans.

Medicare Supplements are paid with private dollars only with insurer competition. No federal dollars.

Medicare Advantage is subsidized, yes. But the insurers still compete for the business and include preventive/diagnostic care so that small issues don't become large and expensive issues and other extras.

There are many Medicare Advantage plans out there, and one needs to pay the Part B premium and depending on the plan you buy you pay the premium for Medicare Advantage. Not subsidized
*sigh*

What is Single Payer? | Physicians for a National Health Program

Single-payer national health insurance, also known as “Medicare for all,” is a system in which a single public or quasi-public agency organizes health care financing, but the delivery of care remains largely in private hands.
The chart provided in your link proves my point.

"Single Payer Bill, H.R. 676" - Full Range of Benefits - Yes. Coverage for all medically necessary services."

That's not how the Medicare / Medicare Supplement / Medicare Advantage system works. Medicare covers only 80% of approved services. Plus it has co-pays and co-insurances, and NO out-of-pocket maximums.

That's where the free market Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans come in, to help fill or completely fill the LARGE gaps in Medicare AND provide out-of-pocket maximums, as well as other added benefits.

Single Payer is not what I'm proposing. I don't want Single Payer. I don't think you know the difference.

Even liberal proponents of ObamaCare admitted the purpose of the mandate was to transfer some of the cost of insuring the "involuntarily uninsured" up the food chain:

Why We Need the Individual Mandate – Center for American Progress
Shared risk can lead to higher prices for healthy individuals who purchase insurance, and without a mandate those individuals might choose not to participate.

The Dems had to FORCE those individuals to participate and pay those higher prices.

Furthermore, every taxpayer is subsidizing the high school dropouts on the exchanges.

If there is one thing for which we can all give Trump credit, it is that he has finally forced the GOP to shit or get off the pot.

Agree 100% that's why is first order was on Obamacare to send a symbolic statement to the GOP that Healthcare needs to be fixed and the time is over for all talk no action.

Medicare Supplements are paid with private dollars only with insurer competition. No federal dollars.

Medicare Advantage is subsidized, yes. But the insurers still compete for the business and include preventive/diagnostic care so that small issues don't become large and expensive issues and other extras.

There are many Medicare Advantage plans out there, and one needs to pay the Part B premium and depending on the plan you buy you pay the premium for Medicare Advantage. Not subsidized
*sigh*

Single-payer national health insurance, also known as “Medicare for all,” is a system in which a single public or quasi-public agency organizes health care financing, but the delivery of care remains largely in private hands.

"Single Payer Bill, H.R. 676" - Full Range of Benefits - Yes. Coverage for all medically necessary services."

That's not how the Medicare / Medicare Supplement / Medicare Advantage system works. Medicare covers only 80% of approved services. Plus it has co-pays and co-insurances, and NO out-of-pocket maximums.

That's where the free market Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans come in, to help fill or completely fill the LARGE gaps in Medicare AND provide out-of-pocket maximums, as well as other added benefits.

Single Payer is not what I'm proposing. I don't want Single Payer. I don't think you know the difference.

Its not unusual for a person on Medicare to pay close to 400 or 500 a month with copays for prescriptions.

If you like your Obamacare, you can keep your Obamacare

GOP senators outline first Obamacare replacement plan

States are given the option that if healthcare exchanges are working and the people like them, they can keep them

Otherwise, the can set up Health Savings Plans to help pay for insurane

or....do nothing and let em die

My guess is Republicans will hate it more than the Democrats do
Hell, I don't give a shit if people want to keep Obama care to themselves - that should be choice, but it's fucked up forcing anybody into Obamacare it's Obviously something they will never use…
Nobody is forced into Obamacare
They always had the option of a private policy
it was called a mandate. go read about it.
Mandate to get yourself a policy
You have a CHOICE of which policy and whether public or private

Only a moron goes through life without health insurance

Apparently it is okay to be a moron who drops out of high school, but it is not okay to be well off enough to pay for health expenses out of one's own pocket.

We have shit completely backwards.
No one should expect anyone else to pay for their shit… Especially with votes. But then again political correctness makes for a life of deadbeats…

Apparently you are completely oblivious as to why the individual mandate was the linchpin of Obamacare.

Everyone had to be forced into the pool to keep costs down for the "involuntarily uninsured".

The people forced to buy insurance are most certainly subsidizing the involuntarily uninsured by paying higher premiums, and one third of the involuntarily uninsured are high school dropouts.

They need insurance too,

*sigh*

Its not unusual for a person on Medicare to pay close to 400 or 500 a month with copays for prescriptions.
Just because you have premiums or a copay does not mean it isn't single payer.

Single payer means a single health insurance provider.

"Medicare for all" means a single health insurance provider. The US government.

Quite frankly, I think that if Congress doesn't pass a replacement/alternative to O-care before they vote to repeal it, there won't be a replacement/alternative that gets passed.

If you like your Obamacare, you can keep your Obamacare

GOP senators outline first Obamacare replacement plan

States are given the option that if healthcare exchanges are working and the people like them, they can keep them

Otherwise, the can set up Health Savings Plans to help pay for insurane

or....do nothing and let em die

My guess is Republicans will hate it more than the Democrats do
Hell, I don't give a shit if people want to keep Obama care to themselves - that should be choice, but it's fucked up forcing anybody into Obamacare it's Obviously something they will never use…
Nobody is forced into Obamacare
They always had the option of a private policy
it was called a mandate. go read about it.
Mandate to get yourself a policy
You have a CHOICE of which policy and whether public or private

Only a moron goes through life without health insurance

Apparently it is okay to be a moron who drops out of high school, but it is not okay to be well off enough to pay for health expenses out of one's own pocket.

We have shit completely backwards.

Amen

Amen

Amen

Just because you have premiums or a copay does not mean it isn't single payer.

Single payer means a single health insurance provider.

"Medicare for all" means a single health insurance provider. The US government.

Yep. And it means government controls your health care. It means every election puts it at risk. Is that really what we want?

poor Lil' Donnie..

DAY ONE, I'LL REPEAL OBAMACARE !

DUMB SHIT ... he can't do that.

DUMBSHITS aka Trumpbots BEEEELEEEEVEEEED' him.

SUCKERS !

:lmao:

:rolleyes: please spare me, I've been participating in healthcare discussion long enough to know what the mandate is for.

You said that "morons' are forced to pay more for their insurance to make up for subsidies for the poor (which you characterize as those without secondary education). It is completely false, insurance subsidies are not funded that way and insurance healthcare payouts distribution doesn't go by income, it goes by HEALTHCARE NEEDS.

:rolleyes: please spare me, I've been participating in healthcare discussion long enough to know what the mandate is for.

You said that "morons' are forced to pay more for their insurance to make up for for subsidies for the poor (which you characterize as those without secondary education).

It was false.
The good thing is now they are going to stop enforcing the mandate...

You said that "morons' are forced to pay more for their insurance to make up for for subsidies for the poor (which you characterize as those without secondary education).

It was false.

no it doesn't, it Could .... nothing has changed.

Trump signs sweeping order that could gut Obamacare

DDDUUURRRRRRRRRR

It was false.

no it doesn't, it Could .... nothing has changed.

Trump signs sweeping order that could gut Obamacare

DDDUUURRRRRRRRRR
Most people are just going to stop paying, either it be the tax or just not buy health insurance.
I would encourage people that don't want Obamacare just to not pay for anything cancel their checks whatever it takes.

Forum List

Back