GOP to shutdown govt. and default on debt

Cuz you're a pussy little boy.

:)

are you saying there is NO way to cover pre-existing conditions, not drop folks who get sick and not increase premiums for folks who get sick, without an individual mandate?

there has to be a way.

Sure there is...and it will bankrupt the system.
Now as far as dropping coverage for the chronically ill...There are contingencies in place for that. All the policy holder has to do is find a company willing to insure and pay the premium.
The fact is, those policies are expensive. And Obamacare does not have in it any provisions to cover the additional cost for long term issues.
The plans are what they are. They are defined benefit plans that have no limits on coverage, they also do not pay all of the cost of the treatment..
Health Insurance Plans: ObamaCare Health Care Plans

MOst people will opt for the Bronze plan which covers just 60% of all medical expenses. That means, a patient pays 40% of their costs before they use the insurance.
Silver pays 70% Gold pays 80% and Platinum plays 90%....As one goes up the scale of coverage, the premiums get more expensive.
Non subsidized individuals will pay the bulk of the cost across the board. While subsidized people, roughly 55% of the population will pay little or nothing. And that does not include the millions of people who are exempt. They pay nothing and do not contribute to the system.....The numbers indicate this cannot work. There are not nearly enough people paying for the system for it to function without cutting things. First to be reduced will be reimbursements for medical procedures. Professionals will be the first to see their costs rise dramatically. Their only course of action will be to reduce availability of care.
There are other bad things that come with ACA...Jobs will be lost. Businesses will struggle.
Missing ingredient here? Kinda HARD to pay for 40% of the cost when due to Obama's (and the Democrats tyrannical Regulatory BOOTS on the necks of employers)? When one has NO JOB and has stopped looking...:eusa_whistle:

The GOP must put on their little show for the Tea Party. Afterwards, they can just shrug their shoulders and said, "Well, we tried". After that things will be taken care of, and the government will still be operating as usual. The GOP can not afford to offend anybody else. They have already done that to all minorities, and females. They can't afford to offend everyone who is dependent on the federal government for a livelyhood. In short, It is a lot of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I do confess, however, that it would be nice to watch them dig their own hole, jump in, and then fill it up.

The GOP must put on their little show for the Tea Party. Afterwards, they can just shrug their shoulders and said, "Well, we tried". After that things will be taken care of, and the government will still be operating as usual. The GOP can not afford to offend anybody else. They have already done that to all minorities, and females. They can't afford to offend everyone who is dependent on the federal government for a livelyhood. In short, It is a lot of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I do confess, however, that it would be nice to watch them dig their own hole, jump in, and then fill it up.
heads UP Pally...The TEA Party is US...the people.

YOU are excused.

The final vote for passage of ACA as Obama signed it into law:

The final vote tally in the House was 219-212, with 34 Democrats joining all Republicans in opposition. The Senate passed the bill 60 to 39.

So not all of Congress voted for it.

oh, so THAT'S the childish game you're playing!!!!!!!!!

well when was the last time every single fucking House and Senate member voted to support a new program?????

You clearly stated ALL....You erred.
Deal with it.
The fact is the bill barely passed the house. And if that piker Scott Brown had any integrity whatsoever, the bill would not have passed the Senate.
But Brown was more interested in getting reelected, so he went with the Democrats. And he ended up LOSING his seat to a nobody.

Bullshit! Brown voted against the ACA! (He CAMPIGNED as the 41st vote against Obamacare!) Specter is the one who switched his vote!

oh, so THAT'S the childish game you're playing!!!!!!!!!

well when was the last time every single fucking House and Senate member voted to support a new program?????

You clearly stated ALL....You erred.
Deal with it.
The fact is the bill barely passed the house. And if that piker Scott Brown had any integrity whatsoever, the bill would not have passed the Senate.
But Brown was more interested in getting reelected, so he went with the Democrats. And he ended up LOSING his seat to a nobody.

What is even worse, he lost his Senate seat to a make believe Native American.

No, he lost to what is probably the most powerful Democrat political machine in the country!

Mind showing me where the Constitution says that just because some jackass gets elected to the Presidency, he gets a blank check to do whatever he pleases, and the people get to shut up and sit down for the rest of his term?

Mind showing me where just because the GOP won the house gives them a blank check to do whatever they please?

Your logic.

Sorry, but that's not even remotely close to being analogous, but it's exactly what I would expect from an intellect as tiny as yours.

YOU are the one who said that Obama won his election, implying that he therefore gets to have whatever he wants without argument from Congress.

NO ONE has suggested that the House is getting, or should be getting, whatever it wants without objection. In fact, objection is not only expected, it is desired as a means of providing the American people with the open debate and input into the subject of Obamacare that they were denied as the Democrats rushed to ram it down our throats.

The House is merely doing its job, within the Constitutional boundaries set for it . . . the complete opposite of what YOU were suggesting for Obama.

Next time you try to use my logic, try making sure you're equipped to be logical first.

Ahhhhh i love it you can't even defend your responce and have to go on the attack. You are a hack. You claim the house is doing there jobs but can't back it up you pull personal attacks out when asked to prove anything and you side step questions.

ObamaCare WILL be funded in 2013.

The debt ceiling WILL be raised in 2013.

anyone wanna take my bet?

I certainly won't. Because I'm very pessimistic when it comes to politics and I'm assuming the republicans are just as corrupt as the democrats. How about you?

Wherever the Representatives of the People, and the people who put them in that position of power, decide it does.

What's the matter? You afraid the people are too stupid to run their own government, and need you benevolent elitist shitheads to babysit them?

So basically wasting everyone's time? I thought so. Don't be so delusional any bill that the house tries to pass through that affects social services and the healthcare bill will be shot down in the Senente. Just like last time the GOP is pulling this stunt and they are going to back down or they will have it blow up in there face.

I'd say that was a nice dodge, but it wasn't. It was clumsy, obvious, and pathetic.

So let's go back to what you were afraid to address, and we'll just keep going back to it until you grow a pair and address it, or until it's painfully obvious to everyone that you can't.

You say, "Where does the defunding end?"

And I say, "Where the people and their representatives decide it should."

Now the question is, why are YOU so afraid to let the people decide what programs they do and don't want? Why are you so determined to decide for the people which programs are and are not "essential", and therefore must be taken out of their reach, as though they're ignorant toddlers who can't be trusted not to hurt themselves?

By all means, give me another posting of your blank, parroted talking points with no relation to what I said. It was funny when you did it this time; it'll be fucking hilarious when you're forced to do it over and over. :badgrin:

Says the hack that is the one deflecting you once against side stepped the questions asked. You are just another hack from the far right you are useless and a waste of time.

I think maybe we should remind everyone here that there are 2 houses of Congress and the Congress has to act as one body. The House doesn't get to pass things and the Senate doesn't get to pass things by itself.

People seem to have forgotten there is a Senate.

The Congress most assuredly does NOT "have to act as one body", you ignorant cow. If that was required, there would be no point in having TWO houses to it.

And no, we haven't forgotten there's a Senate. The whole point of this bill is to make them get off their lazy asses and start doing their jobs, or to at least make them explain to the American people why they're sitting up there drawing paychecks WITHOUT doing their jobs.

Honestly, does it hurt to be as stupid as a leftist? I'm really curious.
Precisely. One house, does NOT have to act in lock-step. These Statist creeps FAIL in civics. The Founders that Candy thinks are DEAD and don't matter...were rather explicit. But then SHE is one that views the Constitution as some moldy document that being written by a bunch of dead guys doesn't matter...

IF that's the case? ANARCHY is Candy's NAME.

But then SHE is a DOLT.

Good job.

The Senate has never sent a bill to the President; Neither has the House. The Congress does.

Checkmate beeotch.

YOU are excused.

first I'm told the GOP represents The People.

Now you tell me the Tea Party represents The People.

both of you, are lying.

The People are represented by Progressives, Moderates, Conservatives.

the congress most assuredly does not "have to act as one body", you ignorant cow. If that was required, there would be no point in having two houses to it.

and no, we haven't forgotten there's a senate. The whole point of this bill is to make them get off their lazy asses and start doing their jobs, or to at least make them explain to the american people why they're sitting up there drawing paychecks without doing their jobs.

Honestly, does it hurt to be as stupid as a leftist? I'm really curious.
precisely. One house, does not have to act in lock-step. These statist creeps fail in civics. The founders that candy thinks are dead and don't matter...were rather explicit. But then she is one that views the constitution as some moldy document that being written by a bunch of dead guys doesn't matter...

If that's the case? Anarchy is candy's name.

But then she is a dolt.

Good job.

the senate has never sent a bill to the president; neither has the house. The congress does.

Checkmate beeotch.
Dismissed.

YOU are excused.

first I'm told the GOP represents The People.

Now you tell me the Tea Party represents The People.

both of you, are lying.

The People are represented by Progressives, Moderates, Conservatives.
First YOU are WRONG.

The Representatives represent the people...Second? The Senate once upon a time REPRESENTED the interest of the states before 100 years ago the PROGRESSIVES passed the 17th Amendment.

YOU have NO CLUE what you're talking about here junior.

When YOU graduate simple Civics? Let us know? Then we will debate. Until then? YOU are RIPE for the picking.

YOU are OWNED in your own thread junior.

Get used to it.

It's simply amazing how many different threads and times the Left will try to lie about the supposed impending Government Shutdown.

The Republican Controlled House has passed a bill that fully funds the Government and all it's debts. It simply fails to fund Obama-care, which has not gone into full implementation yet.

If the Senate Democrats or or the Democrat in the Oval offices refuses to allow that bill to become law, they are the ones who shut down the Government, not the Republicans.

Heard all of this flap-yap in '96. How did that work out for you?

The Senate represents the democratic popular will of The People of each state.

The House, however, represents backroom deals of gerrymandering and trying to keep people out of different Congressional districts.

Does the Tea Party represent the will and desire of the American people???

of course not. They are a small minority.

Forum List

Back