Gop wants to reduce what private insurance covers and the dims want to end private insurance.

It served the majority of the population very well, but it did need attend to the problems of some people who were not poor enough to qualify for Medicaid and didn't have insurance from their employer. Unfortunately the Democrats chose to politicize healthcare instead of dealing with it pragmatically.

It served SOME of the population reasonably well...and drove hundreds of thousands into bankruptcy

Others.....just....died
Bullshit which is the stuff Obamacare was made of. The vast majority of Americans got their health insurance from their employer and polls showed they were satisfied with it. Only very poor people who were not quite poor enough to qualify for Medicaid and some people with who had pre existing conditions ran into problems, but these could easily have been resolved, as I previously pointed out to you, without a monstrosity like Obamacare. Obamacare didn't arise from the needs of the people but from the need of the Democratic Party to have a national issue.
The ACA had little effect om employee coverages. If you were actually employed, you would know that.

Millions of people without insurance IS a national issue. Premiums rising at a rate over 9% a year is a national issue.

Prior to trhe ACA, healthcare &health Insurance was financially & literally killing Americans.

For you to claim itr wasdn't is roof of your ignorance.

Pre-existing Conditions
Coverage ceilings
Canceling policies

Small employers got help. Over half of all business have fewer than 9. Self employed got major help.
As I've explained before, everyone had access to healthcare before ACA, but if they needed hospital care, they had to spend down their assets and not have much in the way of earnings to be eligible for Medicaid, but that could have been remedies by simply passing a law that raised the amount of earnings and assets slightly that applied to people who would not normally have been eligible for Medicaid if they needed hospital care. The rest of ACA was strictly political. ACA was a great success politically, but as healthcare reform, it failed to hold down costs or provide universal healthcare and the courts will probably find it was unconstitutional.

So explain again how they got checkups & went to the doctor before it became an urgent issue?

Evidently, you have no clue what the ACA does.

The ACA lowered the rate of premium increases. It insured millions more people. Burt lets throw it away because it did not cover everyone.

My company switched from PPO's to high deductible plans, that cost me more monthly, and have enormous deductibles.

All to pay for other people.

It served SOME of the population reasonably well...and drove hundreds of thousands into bankruptcy

Others.....just....died
Bullshit which is the stuff Obamacare was made of. The vast majority of Americans got their health insurance from their employer and polls showed they were satisfied with it. Only very poor people who were not quite poor enough to qualify for Medicaid and some people with who had pre existing conditions ran into problems, but these could easily have been resolved, as I previously pointed out to you, without a monstrosity like Obamacare. Obamacare didn't arise from the needs of the people but from the need of the Democratic Party to have a national issue.
The ACA had little effect om employee coverages. If you were actually employed, you would know that.

Millions of people without insurance IS a national issue. Premiums rising at a rate over 9% a year is a national issue.

Prior to trhe ACA, healthcare &health Insurance was financially & literally killing Americans.

Pre-existing Conditions
Coverage ceilings
Canceling policies

Small employers got help. Over half of all business have fewer than 9. Self employed got major help.
As I've explained before, everyone had access to healthcare before ACA, but if they needed hospital care, they had to spend down their assets and not have much in the way of earnings to be eligible for Medicaid, but that could have been remedies by simply passing a law that raised the amount of earnings and assets slightly that applied to people who would not normally have been eligible for Medicaid if they needed hospital care. The rest of ACA was strictly political. ACA was a great success politically, but as healthcare reform, it failed to hold down costs or provide universal healthcare and the courts will probably find it was unconstitutional.

So explain again how they got checkups & went to the doctor before it became an urgent issue?

The ACA lowered the rate of premium increases. It insured millions more people. Burt lets throw it away because it did not cover everyone.

My company switched from PPO's to high deductible plans, that cost me more monthly, and have enormous deductibles.

That was your employers choice. But hey, blame the ACA.

Maybe they saw you wrren't worth that extra benefit anymore.

Pre-existing Conditions
Coverage ceilings
Canceling policies

The ACA was the cause of them having to switch programs.

Why was a program designed to save me money causing me to spend more money?

It served the majority of the population very well, but it did need attend to the problems of some people who were not poor enough to qualify for Medicaid and didn't have insurance from their employer. Unfortunately the Democrats chose to politicize healthcare instead of dealing with it pragmatically.

Others.....just....died

Pre-existing Conditions
Coverage ceilings
Canceling policies

The ACA escalated the increases. Good lord

If you ever signed the front of a paycheck you'd know how ignorant your statement is.

Government mandates like these on companies force the companies, especially small companies, to choose between firing employees and making other cost savings.

Democrats passed this law knowing it would make it more difficult from employers to maintain their number of employees.

Democrats also know that someone on food stamps and welfare is more likely to vote Democrat than someone that keeps their job.

Not a coincidence

Good for them. I don't want cretins like Trump in charge of my health care. As long as our nation is capable of electing idiots, I want those idiots to have as little power over society as possible.
So you prefer corporations have that power?

Well, that's a false choice. But in general, yeah. I can fire a corporation. I can't fire government.

Good for them. I don't want cretins like Trump in charge of my health care. As long as our nation is capable of electing idiots, I want those idiots to have as little power over society as possible.

Well, that's a false choice. But in general, yeah. I can fire a corporation. I can't fire government.
And then what? The options are limited and they all play the same scam.

[
Jesus people.

We had THAT plan before.

That's WHY Obamacare was passed.

"Free Market" healthcare was a DISASTER

Others.....just....died

Pre-existing Conditions
Coverage ceilings
Canceling policies

So how many states does this eligibility include? Certainly not all.

Pre-existing Conditions
Coverage ceilings
Canceling policies

I bet you also think that insurance companies can raise rates at will

The options are only limited by government, and your imagination. They all play the same scam because we've been painted into this corner by government in the first place - which is what makes it so egregious that you insist that even more government is the solution. It's like drinking a shot in the morning to cure a hangover.

Seriously though, outside of ideology and matters of faith - does it bother you that the opposing party can control your health care? Do you really want women's reproductive health to be at the mercy of Republicans every time they win an election? Do you want every single election to be a referendum on whether grandma lives or dies?

Last edited:
We should be solving simple poverty by correcting for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment in our at-will employment States. It could be done via unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed. Solving for that can ensure more full employment of resources in our market based economy. And increase market participation in that market.

You can't tell me that markets work in healthcare.

Markets don't "work". By that I mean that don't attend to any particular goal. Free markets simply provide us with the opportunity to solve our problems ourselves. So, when someone says they want to let "the market" sort it out - all they mean is let people sort it out, freely without government interference. Some of them will succeed, some of them won't. That's how freedom "works".

I reject the false dichotomy that life is a choice between subjugating yourself to government, or corporations. That's what ambitious leaders will keep telling you, as long as you listen to them - but it's self-serving lie on their part. Don't fall for it.

Last edited:

The options are only limited by government, and your imagination. They all play the same scam because we've been painted into this corner by government in the first place - which is what makes it so egregious that you insist that even more government is the solution. It's like drinking a shot in the morning to cure hangover.

Seriously though, outside of ideology and matters of faith - does it bother you that the opposing party can control your health care? Do you really want women's reproductive health to be at the mercy of Republicans every time they win an election? Do you want every single election to be a referendum on whether grandma lives or dies?
I’ve seen no evidence there is a better option. The healthcare industry will always hose us because they can.

You can't tell me that markets work in healthcare.

Markets don't "work". By that I mean that don't attend to any particular goal. Free markets simply provide us with the opportunity to solve our problems ourselves. So, when someone says they want to let "the market" sort it out - all they mean is let people sort it out, freely without government interference. Some of them will succeed, some of them won't. That's how freedom "works".
And healthcare has failed.

The options are only limited by government, and your imagination. They all play the same scam because we've been painted into this corner by government in the first place - which is what makes it so egregious that you insist that even more government is the solution. It's like drinking a shot in the morning to cure hangover.

I’ve seen no evidence there is a better option. The healthcare industry will always hose us because they can.

You have an example of this happening in other countries?

Forum List

Back