Gosnell... Abortion Atrocities

Oh, hey, Blue, did you read THIS part of your article.
Johnson, then 21, had a 3-year-old daughter when she became pregnant again. She said she first went to Planned Parenthood in downtown Philadelphia but was frightened away by protesters.

"The picketers out there, they just scared me half to death," Johnson, now 30, recalled this week.

Someone sent her to Gosnell's West Philadelphia clinic, at the Women's Medical Society, saying anti-abortion protesters wouldn't be a problem there. She said she paid him $400 cash.

A few months after the abortion, she began to have gynecological problems. An examination revealed venereal disease. She blames Gosnell, 69, for the lifelong illness, which she declined to identify, and for the four miscarriages she has subsequently suffered.

Now, gee, I wonder why the foks who normally show up at the PP clinics scaring off women weren't showing up at Gosnell's Clinic?

Where was Operation Rescue?

It's almost like these women were being hearded there...

Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Sorry, when we are running trillion dollar deficits, that's an issue for actual discussion.

What's the discussion you want to have about Gosnell?

What he did was illegal under PA law. He did it anyway, and the only reason he got caught was because they stumbled across his abortion operation while looking for drugs.

So if your argument here is, "We need to make abortion illegal so this sort of thing doesn't happen", it was already illegal, and it happened anyway.

yup just like criminals will not obey new gun laws

I never expected them to.

Most gun deaths are suicides and domestic murders. that's what I'd want to eliminate.

Eliminating crime, that's going to require a whole change in our attitudes about race, economics, social justice, and so on, and we ain't up to that discussion as a country.

are you saying domestic murder is not a crime

--LOL

but hey

thanks for trying

Quote:

"Eliminating crime, that's going to require a whole change in our attitudes.." This makes perfect sense.

Quote:

"...about race, economics, social justice, and so on, ...". This is politically correct platitude.

Here's the problem, guy.

If you ask a conservatard what to do about Crime, they'll scream about how we need more guns, more prisons and more punishment.

Except that we currently lock up 2 million people. More than Communist China does with five times as many people as we have.

And we have 200 million guns out there.

Clearly if guns and prisons cleaned up the crime problem, we'd be in a crime free zone. Instead, we have the highest crime rate in the industrialized world.

The Japanese government issues advisories to its citizens on how not to get shot in the US.

Now, Japan, here's the funny thing. They only lock up 69,000 of their citizens. No one is allowed to own a gun without lots of permits. They also have a lot of strong social welfare policies, universal health care, and their companies put keeping people employed above making huge profits for CEO's and investors.

Japan had 11 gun murders last year compared to our 11,000.

Hmmmmmmm....

Most gun deaths are suicides and domestic murders. that's what I'd want to eliminate.

Eliminating crime, that's going to require a whole change in our attitudes about race, economics, social justice, and so on, and we ain't up to that discussion as a country.

--LOL

but hey

thanks for trying

We weren't talking about Crime. We were talking about criminals.

Someone who shoots his brother-in-law in a drunken argument about who drank the last can of Milwaukee's Best wasn't a criminal before a gun allowed him to be one.

Oh, look everyone, another Gosnell thread.

Please keep milking this three year old story for everything you can get out of it.

Three year old story? Isn't the trial going on now?

And why do you lefties defend this guys actions?

yes the trial is currently on

although the media has banned the reporting of the news

caution very graphic pictures are contained on the site

http://www.phila.gov/districtattorney/pdfs/grandjurywomensmedical.pdf

Probably not. The man was nutz..

But then again, PA passed TRAP laws that drove half the legitimate abortion providers out of business in PA, and you are complaining that a guy like Gosnell was out there? really?

Gosnell was created by state officials that ignored complaint after complaint about the conditions of his clinic, after being notified numerous times (in an effort to protect the abortion argument). And even when they shut it down...it wasn't about protecting the women (that liberals love to claim they care about the health of)...nope it was about drug abuse.

The panel also had scathing criticism for Pennsylvania state health and medical regulators, saying they had numerous opportunities to shut Gosnell down over the years but ignored complaint after complaint about filthy conditions and illegal operations.

In all, prosecutors said, state officials failed to inspect the clinic despite repeated complaints from 1993 until January 2010, when a federal drug raid investigating heavy painkiller distribution at the clinic shut it down.

Dr. Kemit Gosnell's Abortion Clinic: Women Say Abortions Left Them Sterile, Near Death

Dr. Kemit Gosnell's Abortion Clinic: Women Say Abortions Left Them Sterile, Near Death

I think you just made my point.

Gosnell didn't care about following the regulations. The legit providers who wanted to couldn't comply with the TRAP laws and went out of business. Gosnell kept on going.

And using HuffPo as a source now? Seriously?

Correct he didn't care about following the regulations...and the reason Gosnell’s clinic stayed open so long was concern that regulation of the abortion industry would restrict women’s access to the procedure. So, really it is people like you and your abortion at any cost mentality to blame. Don't try to pass the buck now. :eusa_hand:

Oh, hey, Blue, did you read THIS part of your article.
Johnson, then 21, had a 3-year-old daughter when she became pregnant again. She said she first went to Planned Parenthood in downtown Philadelphia but was frightened away by protesters.

"The picketers out there, they just scared me half to death," Johnson, now 30, recalled this week.

Someone sent her to Gosnell's West Philadelphia clinic, at the Women's Medical Society, saying anti-abortion protesters wouldn't be a problem there. She said she paid him $400 cash.

A few months after the abortion, she began to have gynecological problems. An examination revealed venereal disease. She blames Gosnell, 69, for the lifelong illness, which she declined to identify, and for the four miscarriages she has subsequently suffered.

Now, gee, I wonder why the foks who normally show up at the PP clinics scaring off women weren't showing up at Gosnell's Clinic?

Where was Operation Rescue?

It's almost like these women were being hearded there...

Hmmmmmmmmm.....

You answered your own question. OF COURSE they added that line into the article...it was huffington post (they have a pro abortion agenda) DUH. I used that article because you were claiming there was only one victim...apparently the women who are now sterile and experiencing miscarriges don't count. Desired effect maybe? :eusa_shhh:

At any rate even this article talked about the NUMERIOUS health violations that were ignored due to deregulation.

Last edited:

--LOL

but hey

thanks for trying

Someone who shoots his brother-in-law in a drunken argument about who drank the last can of Milwaukee's Best wasn't a criminal before a gun allowed him to be one.

what makes you so sure of that

Please keep milking this three year old story for everything you can get out of it.

yes the trial is currently on

although the media has banned the reporting of the news

caution very graphic pictures are contained on the site

http://www.phila.gov/districtattorney/pdfs/grandjurywomensmedical.pdf

I think everyone needs to see these pictures.

liberals actually celebrate murder.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIG0G-n2PiY]Pro-Abortion Group Release 'Happy 40th -Roe vs Wade - Anniversary, Baby' Video - YouTube[/ame]

--LOL

but hey

thanks for trying

And forks allows you to become fat, pencils allow you to misspell words and cars allow you drive drunk.

This forum allows you to be an idiot!!

How long have you been crying gun control?

Gun control is kind of important with 11,101 gun murders and 16,000 gun suicides every year.

One woman (the only real victim here) dying from medical malpractice isn't.

actually deaths from abortion are over 40 million. ain't ya a proud liberal? you should be crowing those stats.

Sorry, when we are running trillion dollar deficits, that's an issue for actual discussion.

What's the discussion you want to have about Gosnell?

What he did was illegal under PA law. He did it anyway, and the only reason he got caught was because they stumbled across his abortion operation while looking for drugs.

So if your argument here is, "We need to make abortion illegal so this sort of thing doesn't happen", it was already illegal, and it happened anyway.

abortion is domestic murder. sure as hell is

abortion is domestic murder. sure as hell is

according to joelb most of the gang bangers in Chicago

must be related

because cutting a baby's spine with a pair of scissors sends thrills up they legs.

So much so ,that they will apparently ignore claims of women who said they had a change of heart while at the clinic and then were tied down and FORCED to follow through.

PHILADELPHIA — When Davida Johnson walked into Dr. Kermit Gosnell's clinic to get an abortion in 2001, she saw what she described as dazed women sitting in dirty, bloodstained recliners. As the abortion got under way, she had a change of heart – but claims she was forced by the doctor to continue.

"I said, 'I don't want to do this,' and he smacked me. They tied my hands and arms down and gave me more medication," Johnson told The Associated Press.

Wonder how many more of these clinics are out there being ignored. Health of the mother my ass. Truly disgusting...

Gosnell perforated the uteruses, bowels and cervixes of countless patients, the grand jury report charged. He left fetal parts inside, ignored postoperative pain and bleeding and passed venereal diseases from one patient to the next through bloody and dirty instruments,

eh. libs a still dragging up columbine from 14 years ago in their arguments for gun control.

I just can't wait for the liberal Democrat excuses for this, also, I can't help but wonder just how rampant this is in liberal Democrat controlled districts in America..

Liberal backed abortion clinics are killing off our children..where's Obama now?

--------------------------wow

News outlets fall all over themselves to cover horrific crimes because, frankly, there's a big audience for sensational stories. So naturally, abortion foes have been wondering why the national media -- this newspaper included -- haven't jumped all over the indictment and trial of Dr. Kermit B. Gosnell in Philadelphia.

Gosnell, 72, is being tried on seven counts of murder for the deaths of seven infants at the abortion clinic he ran in West Philadelphia, along with the death of a pregnant woman awaiting an abortion there. A grand jury's report on the clinic paints a sickening picture of craven indifference, describing it as a squalid chamber of horrors where patients were given dangerous anesthetics by unqualified technicians, doctors and nurses used rusty and unsanitized equipment, and the staff's procedures were so crude that some patients left the clinic seriously injured or, in one case, brain dead.

The most serious of the allegations is that Gosnell and his staff -- in the process of performing abortions on women more than 24 weeks pregnant, the legal limit in Pennsylvania -- induced seven women to give birth prematurely to live babies who were then killed by having their spinal cords cut at the neck.

A jury will decide whether Gosnell is guilty of the charges; his lawyers argue that the seven alleged murder victims weren't viable outside the womb because of the lethal drugs used to induce their delivery. The question raised by readers is whether this story got less attention from the national media than it would have if the setting weren't an abortion clinic.

Dr. Kermit Gosnell abortion case: Why no national media spotlight? - latimes.com

Hate to burst your bubble, but very few liberals, if any, support the actions of this monster. Supporting the right to choose abortion does not equate into supporting the killing of viable babies. Too many of you right to lifers do not understand that there is a difference.

Do you realize what you're missing here?

The arrest was 3 years ago asshat. It's now at trial......which is where the story is. Just imagine if he'd used a gun to kill babies. You and your ilk would be all over it like a hobo on a ham sammich. Truth.

Forum List

Back