Gov. Abbot of Texas Cut Funding for Local Food Banks by 44%

why is the government f̶u̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶v̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶g̶a̶n̶i̶z̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶??
What you mean is:
Why is the government feeding hungry citizens?
not the governments job to feed hungry people,,, that always results in a weaker society,,,

Wow you missed the part of the constitution about maintaining the general welfare of our nation.

You russian trolls need to learn more about America and our constitution.
I missed the part about feeding fat people/ Maybe it got lost in the translation of the Constitution to Russian.
It's right at the top.

why is the government f̶u̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶v̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶g̶a̶n̶i̶z̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶??
What you mean is:
not the governments job to feed hungry people,,, that always results in a weaker society,,,

Wow you missed the part of the constitution about maintaining the general welfare of our nation.

Wow-----you don't know how to read. The consitution despite the dems spinning bs is not about providing welfare to the country's mooches.....Our founders did not have welfare afterall.

Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.

Last edited:
What does promoting the general welfare mean?

The concern of the government for the health, peace, morality, and safety of its citizens. Providing for the welfare of the general public is a basic goal of government. The preamble to the U.S. Constitution cites promotion of the general welfare as a primary reason for the creation of the Constitution.
Yes.....Texas (R) Gov Abbot was caught fiddling with files, fooling with folios, and fondling his feet in public.
He must resign immediately so the Democrats can install a people-friendly Governor and they can assure that a Republican never enters the White House ever again.

Why would a governor who is "people friendly" aka, someone who actually helps his constituents be a negative in your book? :laugh: :dunno:
Well....I dunno....this was from last October.
He was cutting about $100k from the program...back in October for some reason.
Things change.
Now tell me what this has to do with the suffering Biden caused in Texas in Feb.
Also....try explaining why Democrats wanted to defund the police in the middle of all of those riots last year.

But according to you folks....being people friendly means letting men use women's bathrooms.

Biden caused suffering in Texas? Is this the newest conspiracy theory going on around these days?

What you mean is:

No, why is the government feeding anyone? It's not their job. In fact, the government cannot feed anyone. All they can do is take the fruits of my labors and give them to those who will not work.

What you mean is:

General welfare does not refer to what you think of in giving welfare to individuals. Providing for the general welfare means to pass the laws and taxes to provide for the welfare and strength of "the nation" and not a bunch of lazy individuals.

It strikes me that this thread is a psalm to right wing stupidity. People are not going to starve in a land of plenty.If they have to they will steal it and kill anyone who gets in their way. Feeding the hungry is a good thing on many levels.

What would Jesus have done ?

Jesus would have given willingly. As do most conservatives and Christians. Giving at the point of the government's gun is not charity; it's theft. Many churches and even many foodbanks survive on the goodwill and charity of others.

Don't pat yourself on the back for being charitable when you give at the point of a gun.

..again, you pay income taxes each year. the government forces you (a constituent) to expend on articles of benevolence. James Madison is incorrect yes.

He was not wrong. The federal government was designed to govern--not as a charity organization. Yes, the government forces people to pay taxes for benevolence, but the founders didn't do that, the leftists did.

Frenchie-boy, sitting in his momma's basement, seems to think that the fact that the government does something is all the proof we need to know it's constitutional. That the government takes from those who work and give it to those who do not does not mean it's constitutional.

Are people really fighting over whether or not its ok to feed hungry children?

Nope. Feed all the hungry children you wish to feed. Give their parents food-stamps. Then feed their children 3 meals a day at school because the parents sold the foodstamps for drugs. Then, when the children eat at school, pretend their still hungry and feed them from a food bank. Just how many times must we feed the same children or pay the responsibilities of those same parents?

Let me guess...now the Texas Republicans will blame AOC for food shortages? For trumptards, everything is someone else's fault.

I'm sure it was not Republicans who insisted on having windmills and solar panels provide 25% of energy to their electric grid. It's what Democrats wanted, and want to do that to the entire country, with likely the same results.

I hate it because I was sexually abused as a child I know what the hell pedophilia is from first hand experience NOW FUCK OFF!

And yet you tolerate, even defend, Biden and his pedophelia? You're scarred and I will try to be tolerant but for you to defend a pedophile is very, very, sick.

Frenchie-boy, sitting in his momma's basement, seems to think that the fact that the government does something is all the proof we need to know it's constitutional. That the government takes from those who work and give it to those who do not does not mean it's constitutional.

Judging by his avatar and replies, I believe you are correct. He sounds like a no-nothing kid. But you know, when I was a kid, I was pretty liberal myself. I walked around in an army jacket to protest the Vietnam war, I had long hair, tie-died tee shirt, bell bottom jeans, smoked pot, hated the police and military, a lead guitarist in my band.

So I'm not going to get on any young person too much for their views. My only hope is what I post here will help make them change those views like others have done to me.

It's right there in the Constitution.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say governments are responsible for feeding the people.
"Protect the general welfare".

You guys process to love the document, maybe you should read it once.
You mean like highways and bridges and tunnels and roads?
You mean like not inviting 10s of millions of trespassers in so wages will go up and people won't need social welfare?

Forum List

Back