Government Education Website for disabled kids disappears as DeVos takes office

Kaine asked her if she believes that all schools that receive federal funding — whether public, public charter or private — should be required to meet the requirements of IDEA.

DeVos said: “I think that is a matter that is best left to the states.”

Kaine responded: “So some states might be good to kids with disabilities and other states might not be so good and, what then, people can just move around the country if they don’t like how kids are being treated?”

Devos repeated: “I think that’s an issue that’s best left to the states.”

^ DEPLORABLE IS AS DEPLORABLE DOES! :puke3:

Last edited:
The Department of Education is 100% unconstitutional. As such, Republicans have submitted a bill to finally shut down that illegal institution. And Eaglewings here is worried about a single page of a website being unavailable?!?

You've got much bigger problems than that snowflake... :lmao:

the concern is in doing right by ALL American children... not just The Chosen.

Still looking for "education" among the enumerated powers granted to the Federal government in the Constitution.

Can you help me find it?

Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) asked DeVos about the federal Individuals With Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), which requires public schools to provide children with disabilities a “free appropriate public education” and governs how states and public agencies provide various services to millions of students.

Kaine asked her if she believes that all schools that receive federal funding — whether public, public charter or private — should be required to meet the requirements of IDEA.

She responded: “I think they already are.”

Kaine: “But I’m asking you a should question. Whether they are or not, we’ll get into that later.” He then repeated his question.

DeVos said: “I think that is a matter that is best left to the states.”

Kaine responded: “So some states might be good to kids with disabilities and other states might not be so good and, what then, people can just move around the country if they don’t like how kids are being treated?”

Devos repeated: “I think that’s an issue that’s best left to the states.”
Bingo! I know you fascists love all of society to Nazi goose-step in the exact same direction but we are legally required to operate as 50 individual states until such time as you fascists properly amend the U.S. Constitution otherwise.

See....it's about something you people hate. Choice. You don't like how your district handles education - you have the choice to move to another district. You don't like how your state handles education - you have the choice to move to another state.

the federal government holds power delegated to it by the United States Constitution, and all state constitutions are bound first and foremost to the supremacy of the US constitution. any powers not specifically enumerated in the US constitution are reserved for the states or the people. 'the people' represents ALL citizens in all states, of ALL capabilities and potential. ALL citizens pay taxes to the federal government to support public education by the people FOR THE PEOPLE.

The History Of Federal Government In Public Education: Where Have We Been And How Did We Get Here?

In 1868, the 14th Amendment guaranteed rights to all citizens by stating, “all persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens in the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the law.

See....it's about something you people hate. Choice.

you can save that choice bullshizer for the stepford zealots who are ruining this country. :eusa_hand:

tell me, genius... WHAT CHOICE does the disabled student have ??

See....it's about something you people hate. Choice.
you can save that choice bullshizer for the stepford zealots who are ruining this country. :eusa_hand:

tell me, genius... WHAT CHOICE does the disabled student have ??
The choice to go another district or state, genius. And you know what else? You have the choice to step in and provide them with any educational need they desire out of your own pocket.

What's the problem? Too greedy Valerie? Too selfish? Too lazy? :dunno:

In 1868, the 14th Amendment guaranteed rights to all citizens by stating, “all persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens in the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the law.
Yep. And the law unequivocally states that education is the exclusive responsibility of the states. Thanks for playing snowflake. Therefor eliminating the Department of Education and leaving education to each state is the only way to be compliant with the 14th Amendment.

In 1868, the 14th Amendment guaranteed rights to all citizens by stating, “all persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens in the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the law.”
There is nothing funnier than watching progressive snowflakes - who have railed against the U.S. Constitution for decades, referring to it as "antiquated" and "the opinions of slave rapists" - suddenly clinging to the 14th Amendment.

Whenever one of them stumbles across an Amendment cited by a conservative somewhere and thy think they can leverage it for their false narrative, they will post it and then ever mindless progressive minion will parrot it for eternity. It is freaking hilarious.

the parents of disabled children are too greedy, selfish, lazy..?? :lol:

the true snowflake is the one melting over public education because they teach children to be kind and inclusive.

the stepford zealots are too greedy and selfish to have that...

the true snowflake is the one melting over public education because they teach children to be kind and inclusive.

I'm asking you, snowflake. If a particular state fails to provide the needs that you deem necessary for the disabled - why don't you step up and fill that need?

You sure talk a good game. But at the end of the day, your ass remains firmly on the bench. Get in the game sweetie. Anyone can yell from the sidelines.

stepford zealots just can't have their precious pointdexter coming home from school with a friend who has two daddies.

stepford zealots are the true snowflakes...

stepford zealots have been melting down over mentions of the ghey in the vicinity of their snowflake children.

ABOLISH THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION WAAAAAaaa (melting!)

I'm asking you, snowflake. If a particular state fails to provide the needs that you deem necessary for the disabled - why don't you step up and fill that need?

You sure talk a good game. But at the end of the day, your ass remains firmly on the bench. Get in the game sweetie. Anyone can yell from the sidelines.

California would do just fine, it is the poor areas of the mid west and south that would not be able t do anything for their disabled families..

Why should that be a reason for a child not to have a education if they are up to the task?

Why do you support the super wealthy getting more wealthy in this cabinet and a lifetime of the best benefits to the crooked ass senate , yet could care less for the kid ?

tumblr_ltyjfbXdpx1qzpsuoo2_500.png

DeVos supports the use of public money to send children to private religious schools.

Betsy DeVos: 5 faith facts to know about the Education secretary

California would do just fine, it is the poor areas of the mid west and south that would not be able t do anything for their disabled families..

Why should that be a reason for a child not to have a education if they are up to the task?

Why do you support the super wealthy getting more wealthy in this cabinet and a lifetime of the best benefits to the crooked ass senate , yet could care less for the kid ?
Those poor areas of the south and Midwest aren't going to continue to be poor. Trump is breaking the lefty stranglehold and getting rid of illegal restrictions on industry, resource extraction and development. Your fucking programs did nothing but make poor people stupid and prevent them from getting educated.

Forum List

Back