Government is the culprit...Anarchy the patsy

gipper

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2011
I have called for the abolition of the federal government. I suspect I am alone in this regard.

The state is very effective at promoting itself, even though history clearly SHOUTS at us that the State is extremely dangerous, ineffective, wasteful, and deceptive. Yet people still think government is good and necessary.

Great column below...if only the believers in government would come to understand.

The Patsy and the Culprit
By George F. Smith
When was the last time you heard someone call for the abolition of government — government as we’ve known it?

Why would anyone want to abolish government? Isn’t it necessary, at least for purposes of common defense and resolution of disputes? Since the absence of government is anarchy, wouldn’t we be at the mercy of gangs and warlords?

If the warlords argument is true in all cases, isn’t that proof we need a coercive government to rule us? If it isn’t true in all cases, do we have a peaceful means of removing ourselves from government’s authority? Has any society ever had a choice about how it is ruled or have they all been subjugated through violence and the threat of violence? Can people living lawfully under government continue to live lawfully if all legal and defense services are contractually provided?

Why do most but not all dictionaries equate anarchy with chaos and disorder, when such conditions are found under government rule? What if the government-controlled media and education system doesn’t want you to know the true nature of the state? What if the true nature of the state is coercion and monopoly directed against its citizens — or as Murray Rothbard has described it, a bandit gang writ large? What if the state is always working to increase its power and reduce our liberty? What if our welfare crucially depends on personal liberty?

What if governments in the 20th century killed more of their citizens than died in their wars? What if the U.S. government was duplicitous about every conflict in which it was involved?

The Patsy and the Culprit - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

I can always count on you Jake. A silly little statist. Capable of ignoring all of recorded history. Sadly, you are not alone.

Forum List

Back