Government shut-down. Isn't it clear who is right and who is full of BS?

Break down the 2 cases argued to the American people last night:

The President clearly stated that his #1 priority as President is to protect the United States and the American people, he declared that is what he is doing ON THEIR BEHALF, and stated he would keep doing so.

Schumer and Pelosi's plea involved the Statue of Liberty, welcoming people into the US, blah, blah, blah... Bottom Line: Unlike the President's, their case was made on behalf of those outside of the country who want to come here, legally or illegally. It was all about making it easier for FOREIGNERS to come here, making it more convenient for THEM...

Trump made it clear he is doing what he is doing for America / Americans. Schumer and Pelosi made it clear they are doing what they are doing for others, belittling and calling liars 'Angel Moms', victims of crimes committed by illegals, Border Patrol Agents, Homeland Security, etc..

Break down the 2 cases argued to the American people last night:

The President clearly stated that his #1 priority as President is to protect the United States and the American people, he declared that is what he is doing ON THEIR BEHALF, and stated he would keep doing so.

Schumer and Pelosi's plea involved the Statue of Liberty, welcoming people into the US, blah, blah, blah... Bottom Line: Unlike the President's, their case was made on behalf of those outside of the country who want to come here, legally or illegally. It was all about making it easier for FOREIGNERS to come here, making it more convenient for THEM...

Trump made it clear he is doing what he is doing for America / Americans. Schumer and Pelosi made it clear they are doing what they are doing for others, belittling and calling liars 'Angel Moms', victims of crimes committed by illegals, Border Patrol Agents, Homeland Security, etc..
I didnt watch the shit show from either side but I do have a question. If Drumpf is so into protecting the american people why wont he sign the bill to get the people that protect the US paid?

The President can't shut down The Government.
I'll tell you what: I am proud to shut down the government" - DJT
well technically, the congress has it shut down. but why would you understand that? you have no concept of how the country functions.:auiqs.jpg:
Nope. Technically and in reality Drumpf has it shut down. He is the one that wont sign the spending bill so the budget can become law. :rolleyes:

Todays MSN poll shows that 51% blame the Democrats for the shutdown, while 44% blame Trump.

Perception is what counts.

Mark
So why didnt you link to the poll? :rolleyes:

Poll: Voters blame Trump, GOP for shutdown

"Nearly half of voters, 47 percent, say Trump is mostly to blame for the shutdown, the poll shows, while another 5 percent point the finger at congressional Republicans. But just a third, 33 percent, blame Democrats in Congress."
MSN.com is the homepage. Its about in the top middle of the page.

Mark

Trump wants funding for a wall. Everyone knows walls are effective, and those who don't are just taking the Democrat's word for it, meaning they're victims of pure BS.

A wall is say 5-10 billion, while illegals cost us over 50 billion ANNUALLY. You shouldn't need a finance degree to recognize which is the better option, bu t many progs agree it's a waste of money, because that's what they've been told.

So we end up in a quandary as progs position themselves politically against common sense. What do progs do when they can't defend themselves? I say, what do progs do when they can't defend themselves? WTF DO PROGS DO WHEN THEY CAN'T DEFEND THEMSELVES?

They pull the wild card that stands for race, women etc., and builds division they desire so they can cast blame. It's a primary prog function..............They pulled this race card straight from the mouth of the most powerful woman in the USA, being Nancy Pelosi Pepto-Bismol required. You see, a wall is now IMMORAL. So since walls are immoral, I'm sure I'm not alone wondering if progs can clue us in on what else is immoral, such as.........

A. Building walls. That's right, we have some walls already supported by Democrats. I suppose old walls are moral, but new ones are immoral.

B. Fence. Democrats want fences but no walls. Hmmmmm. Pretty please describe how fences are within the moral boundary (pardon pun) and walls are not.

C. Separating illegal children from their illegal parents, such as was done under the Obama admin.

D. Check points at the border on highways supported by Democrats.

E. Electronic surveillance supported by Democrats.
Trump wants to fulfill a campaign promise, so he throws a hissy fit and shuts down the government.
President Trump is trying to do the job he was hired to do. His electorate voted him into office, at least in part, so that he would see the citizens of THIS country protected from the illegal invaders flooding over our weakly protected borders. The dimocrats, most of whom voted to fund and build a wall when Obama held office, are now set against it solely because they hate President Trump to the point of mental instability. Dims won't even try to protect us and our country for no other reason than our President does want those things.

It's interesting that you would bring up the election 2 years ago, but omit the results of the election a few months ago.

If the electorate gave President Trump a clear message 2 years ago to build the wall, surely they gave just as clear a message a few months ago that they no longer want one.

Trump wants funding for a wall. Everyone knows walls are effective, and those who don't are just taking the Democrat's word for it, meaning they're victims of pure BS.

A wall is say 5-10 billion, while illegals cost us over 50 billion ANNUALLY. You shouldn't need a finance degree to recognize which is the better option, bu t many progs agree it's a waste of money, because that's what they've been told.

So we end up in a quandary as progs position themselves politically against common sense. What do progs do when they can't defend themselves? I say, what do progs do when they can't defend themselves? WTF DO PROGS DO WHEN THEY CAN'T DEFEND THEMSELVES?

They pull the wild card that stands for race, women etc., and builds division they desire so they can cast blame. It's a primary prog function..............They pulled this race card straight from the mouth of the most powerful woman in the USA, being Nancy Pelosi Pepto-Bismol required. You see, a wall is now IMMORAL. So since walls are immoral, I'm sure I'm not alone wondering if progs can clue us in on what else is immoral, such as.........

A. Building walls. That's right, we have some walls already supported by Democrats. I suppose old walls are moral, but new ones are immoral.

B. Fence. Democrats want fences but no walls. Hmmmmm. Pretty please describe how fences are within the moral boundary (pardon pun) and walls are not.

C. Separating illegal children from their illegal parents, such as was done under the Obama admin.

this isn't anything being addressed by facts. this is a pissing contest and nothing more. both sides refuse to give and it really doesn't matter what the topic is, past stances and the like.

full blown emo.

I'll tell you what: I am proud to shut down the government" - DJT
well technically, the congress has it shut down. but why would you understand that? you have no concept of how the country functions.:auiqs.jpg:
Nope. Technically and in reality Drumpf has it shut down. He is the one that wont sign the spending bill so the budget can become law. :rolleyes:

Todays MSN poll shows that 51% blame the Democrats for the shutdown, while 44% blame Trump.

Mark

"Nearly half of voters, 47 percent, say Trump is mostly to blame for the shutdown, the poll shows, while another 5 percent point the finger at congressional Republicans. But just a third, 33 percent, blame Democrats in Congress."

Mark
Nothing there. Please supply the link to the actual poll not their home page. For example here is a link to the story about Eric Reid.

NFL, NFLPA deny impropriety in Eric Reid PED testing

I didnt watch the shit show from either side but I do have a question. If Drumpf is so into protecting the american people why wont he sign the bill to get the people that protect the US paid?
Because he has forced the Democrats, who are currently claiming to advocate enforcement of existing Immigration law while illegally running cop killer-protecting Federal Law-violating Sanctuary Cities, to stand publicly with illegals, human traffickers, MS-13 gang members, rapists, pedophiles, and cop killers instead of with the Americans who elected them in order to shut down the government to ensure the borders are NOT tightly secured, to ensure the flow of illegals across the border does NOT stop, and to ensure all those illegal votes for Democrats, like those exposed in Broward county last election, keep flowing in.

Last night President Trump made it perfectly clear he was doing what he is doing on behalf of the American people to execute his #1 responsibility as US President, which is to protect the country and the American people. Schumer and Pelosi followed by talking about the Statue of Liberty, how we should not be rude assholes by not flinging our arms wide open to anyone who wants to come here - how we should make it easier for them...and basically made the case of why they are working on behalf of those who want to come here legally and illegally, not the American people.

this isn't anything being addressed by facts. this is a pissing contest and nothing more.
This is a pissing match with American lives at stake. President Trump is right, his #1 responsibility is to the American people, to protect the country and the citizens of the United States.

This week Obama's own hand-picked Chief of Border Security came out on his own to declare 'Walls Absolutely Work', to say there is no reasonable reason not to implement them, and stated all the experts agree.

The pissing match is more so for the Democrats, IMO, because they have never gotten over Hillary's loss, because the very next day Schumer declared Democrats were 100% committed to resisting, obstructing, undermining, and blocking everything the President and Republicans try to do in the next 4 years...and that is exactly what they are still doing now. Nothing has changed.

Schumer said to the President in the Oval Office, 'Elections have consequences'. Yes they do; however, the Democrats believe that only applies when they win the elections and they have the power.

The mother of an American killed by an illegal recently said it best when she asked Pelosi and Schumer to love this country and Americans more than they hate the President and do the right thing.

this isn't anything being addressed by facts. this is a pissing contest and nothing more.
This is a pissing match with American lives at stake. President Trump is right, his #1 responsibility is to the American people, to protect the country and the citizens of the United States.

This week Obama's own hand-picked Chief of Border Security came out on his own to declare 'Walls Absolutely Work', to say there is no reasonable reason not to implement them, and stated all the experts agree.

The pissing match is more so for the Democrats, IMO, because they have never gotten over Hillary's loss, because the very next day Schumer declared Democrats were 100% committed to resisting, obstructing, undermining, and blocking everything the President and Republicans try to do in the next 4 years...and that is exactly what they are still doing now. Nothing has changed.

Schumer said to the President in the Oval Office, 'Elections have consequences'. Yes they do; however, the Democrats believe that only applies when they win the elections and they have the power.

The mother of an American killed by an illegal recently said it best when she asked Pelosi and Schumer to love this country and Americans more than they hate the President and do the right thing.
and when you say this, the left will say the right did the same to obama.

as i said then, i don't think i've EVER seen a losing side say "hey, let's do all we can to help the new president with their agenda!" so all of that seems business as usual.

collectively we've all gotten a lot worse about it over the years. it sucks.

No, the Obama administration didn't separate illegal children from their parents. They thought about it, but they knew better. At that time, the problem of families crossing the border was not as bad as it is now--it was more underage minors coming unaccompanied.

Trump wants to fulfill a campaign promise, so he throws a hissy fit and shuts down the government.
President Trump is trying to do the job he was hired to do. His electorate voted him into office, at least in part, so that he would see the citizens of THIS country protected from the illegal invaders flooding over our weakly protected borders. The dimocrats, most of whom voted to fund and build a wall when Obama held office, are now set against it solely because they hate President Trump to the point of mental instability. Dims won't even try to protect us and our country for no other reason than our President does want those things.

It's interesting that you would bring up the election 2 years ago, but omit the results of the election a few months ago.

If the electorate gave President Trump a clear message 2 years ago to build the wall, surely they gave just as clear a message a few months ago that they no longer want one.
how do you figure, no one ran on that? and we already know that fourteen of the house races were won by dems after ballots were mysteriously found. Zero for the GOP, hmmm now why would that be? Dude, the dems didn't get the senate disproving that stupid thought anyway.

Also, anytime mysterious ballots are found the dems win. interesting eh? but there is no hanky panky voter fraud. Kiss my ass.

this isn't anything being addressed by facts. this is a pissing contest and nothing more. both sides refuse to give and it really doesn't matter what the topic is, past stances and the like.

full blown emo.
sure it is supported by facts. Fact, Reagan got pimped. since Reagan, there hasn't been any other deal on the border. So the dems still owe that piece from the Reagan years. No border, no more negotiation. it is really quite simple. no more get a hamburger today for payment on tuesday.

It is quite simple, negotiate dems or you own the shutdown. I don't care the pissing contest, that is the fact.

No, the Obama administration didn't separate illegal children from their parents. They thought about it, but they knew better. At that time, the problem of families crossing the border was not as bad as it is now--it was more underage minors coming unaccompanied.
you know, one can't have an honest discussion when stupid fks such as yourself just can't accept reality of what actually did happen. it's fking useless to talk to bricks like you.

BTW, just to set the facts straight, obammy did in 2014, why not fking learn something once in your fking lame existence? fk you all can't be honest at fking all. never. it truly must suck to live your life.

Last edited:
1st, your claim that children are separated from their 'parents' is misleading. The identity of the adult with the child has to be established / verified because there have been so many cases where human traffickers and others have brought children across the border....unless you are suggesting the 'verification process' should be limited to 'Is this your Child? Yes? Ok....'

Secondly, McClatchy: Yes, Obama separated families at the border, too

"President Barack Obama separated parents from their children at the border. Obama prosecuted mothers for coming to the United States illegally. He fast tracked deportations. And yes, he housed unaccompanied children in tent cities."

So you can stop repeating that 'untruth' over and over again that the Obama administration did not separate children from parents and house them for a time separately.

Mark

Mark
Nothing there. Please supply the link to the actual poll not their home page. For example here is a link to the story about Eric Reid.

MSN.com is the page its on. There is no other link. Surely you know of MSN??

Mark

1. We know a border barrier works cuz we've already got barriers that work to reduce illegals coming across into Yuma and San Diego. It's been proven to work!

2. The Dems voted for a barrier back in 2006, but now they won't support it. WHY? Why is it immoral now but wasn't then?
The Dems voted for a few hundred miles of fencing and wall, and that was built and paid for. They never voted for a 2,000 mile wall.

Your propagandists are hoaxing you yet again.

Mark

Mark

MSN.com is the page its on. There is no other link. Surely you know of MSN??

Mark
Not familiar with MSN but youre wrong. Every thing on the home page has its own link. Thats how the Hyper Text Transfer Protocol works. My background is in IT so I know these things. All you have to do is click on the poll and then copy the link that appears in your browser just like I did with the story about Eric Reid. :rolleyes:

they did stick them in cages. trump got the blame for that one.
they did use tear gas as needed. trump got yelled at, obama a pass.
i'm also not sure what we did with the kids if we had to arrest anyone

"people who enter the united states without our permission are illegal aliens and illegal aliens should not be treated as those who enter the country legally"

c shurmer.

The cost of the wall is immaterial considering the vast amounts of money our government squanders.

I'll also note that as of now, no Federal employees have actually missed a paycheck. It's rather unseemly to see so much hyperventilation over people who are basically getting a FREE VACATION (as they will receive full backpay for time they didn't work) and who make far more than the average person paying taxes to fund their phoney baloney jobs.
That makes sense. The govt. wastes money so lets allow Trump to waste some more.

When Trump attends a rally or appears in public he must exhale a braindead virus to his cult followers.

The cost of the wall is immaterial considering the vast amounts of money our government squanders.

I'll also note that as of now, no Federal employees have actually missed a paycheck. It's rather unseemly to see so much hyperventilation over people who are basically getting a FREE VACATION (as they will receive full backpay for time they didn't work) and who make far more than the average person paying taxes to fund their phoney baloney jobs.
The Wall means more revenue in remittances and in confiscations of money, weapons, and property of drug cartels. It will pay for itself. It is probably as good or better an investment as building a toll road is.

There's one example for "Mexico will pay for it". There are many different ways Mexico can pay for it in the end. It doesn't have to come in the form of a money order or check as progs. seem to believe.
Trump himself said he would make Mexico pay for it with a direct contribution. He even put that in writing.

He never once said Congress would have to pay for it.

Until now.

Forum List

Back