Government Shutdown October 1st! Yay Republicans!

The Democrat assholes want to spend $80 billion for friggin child care.

How about parents taking responsibility for their own children and the government uses that $80 so we don't have to go further in debt?
You certainly aren’t gonna grow the white ranks without help. :rolleyes:

Congress pays the bills, if Biden did there would be no need for Congress to do it.
Joe is the little peasant guy who could from the propaganda. The truth is Joe is a privileged elitist who sold his soul a long time ago. He is proof you do not have to be a good as a politician. Just willing to sell out any honor and integrity. And the wealth comes with the power.

Those who have to work (essential workers) will get a 20% bonus and their backpay when it is over.

They have already agreed in writing to this, initforme.

Wow good on them. I'd tell ANY employer to stick it if I continue to work then there is no reason someone can't write my check.
Or, the government could just lay some people off since they are operating a deficit. That’s what happens to employees when an employer doesn’t operate in the black.

All the govt workers I know are thrilled about this. They sort of work from home now anyway, only now that won’t have to log on for a few hours a day. They'll get the entire day off, and won’t lose a penny of pay, albeit there will be a delay. (Everyone I know is at the $130,000 and up range and has plenty of savings.)

Or, the government could just lay some people off since they are operating a deficit. That’s what happens to employees when an employer doesn’t operate in the black.

All the govt workers I know are thrilled about this. They sort of work from home now anyway, only now that won’t have to log on for a few hours a day. They'll get the entire day off, and won’t lose a penny of pay, albeit there will be a delay. (Everyone I know is at the $130,000 and up range and has plenty of savings.)
Good for them. Whenever workers get ahead on management it's nothing but positives all around.

Good for them. Whenever workers get ahead on management it's nothing but positives all around.
Not when taxpayers are on the hook for it. You’re forgetting that this isn’t a private company. It’s a government that thinks it has an endless money stream.

Not when taxpayers are on the hook for it. You’re forgetting that this isn’t a private company. It’s a government that thinks it has an endless money stream.
Makes zero difference. I don't want to punish the workers. They simply applied for a job. And yes I stand in full support of the uaw striking workers. The management all need to be canned

Makes zero difference. I don't want to punish the workers. They simply applied for a job. And yes I stand in full support of the uaw striking workers. The management all need to be canned
Of course it makes a difference. It’s taxpayer money. If we’ve run out, then some of them lose their jobs. Just like in the real world. If Democrats realized that their votes for endless spending might cost them their jobs, they’d think twice.

Of course it makes a difference. It’s taxpayer money. If we’ve run out, then some of them lose their jobs. Just like in the real world. If Democrats realized that their votes for endless spending might cost them their jobs, they’d think twice.
So you do, like trump, support the uaw workers over the management. You do if you are pro american.

I see your point. But the upper management and CEOs never volunteer to work for nothing. And those people are not valuable

Gotta admit, McCarthy really walked right into this and owns it.
But the government never actually shuts down, just the 15% "non-essential" services that people depend on and need most.
Cool. They should pass a budget with a reduced deficit.

Two weeks until the Republicans shut down the government for...wait why?

Veteran Republican strategist Karl Rove warned House Republicans that they will only hurt themselves if they allow the government to shut down this fall amid budget battles within their conference and with the Senate and White House.

“Republicans are going to shoot themselves in the foot in the run-up to the 2024 election if they continue to think that shutdowns are a great way to put themselves in front of the American people,” Rove said in a Fox News interview Sunday.
l
gdj8xa16u7qb1.jpg

Joe is the little peasant guy who could from the propaganda. The truth is Joe is a privileged elitist who sold his soul a long time ago. He is proof you do not have to be a good as a politician. Just willing to sell out any honor and integrity. And the wealth comes with the power.
Yep, and they all do it, both parties..

The government is not a business. The federal workforce has shrunk over the last decade.

Forum List

Back