Governor Christie Commutes Sentence for War Vet Charged Over LEGALLY OWNED GUN

good-----it was a silly charge done by some silly cop.
It wasn't the cop's fault New Jersey gun laws are anti-Constitutional.

The Fourth Nuremberg Principle ought to fully apply here.

Every public servant in this country, including that cop, takes an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution; and bears this duty above all else. There is no excuse whatsoever for any cop to not know that every free citizen has a right to keep and bear arms, and that as a public servant, he is forbidden by the Constitution from interfering with the exercise of this right. “I was just following orders.” is not a valid excuse. Neither is that he was enforcing a lesser law, that he had to know violated the higher law.
Since the law passed muster for being "Constitutional", thank you very much asshole anti-gun Democrats, the cop was obligated to follow the law.

the cop was OBLIGATED?------not really. He could have told the man to get the thing out of the state
And look the other way at someone breaking the law, even a stupid one? True, the police officer could have done that, but when police start picking and choosing which laws they want to enforce, that can become a problem.

Every public servant in this country, including that cop, takes an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution; and bears this duty above all else. There is no excuse whatsoever for any cop to not know that every free citizen has a right to keep and bear arms, and that as a public servant, he is forbidden by the Constitution from interfering with the exercise of this right. “I was just following orders.” is not a valid excuse. Neither is that he was enforcing a lesser law, that he had to know violated the higher law.
Since the law passed muster for being "Constitutional", thank you very much asshole anti-gun Democrats, the cop was obligated to follow the law.

the cop was OBLIGATED?------not really. He could have told the man to get the thing out of the state
And look the other way at someone breaking the law, even a stupid one? True, the police officer could have done that, but when police start picking and choosing which laws they want to enforce, that can become a problem.

they already DO IT THAT WAY

Cops can't charge you.

did I use the wrong lingo?
I think he's referring to the fact police can cite you or arrest you but it's up to the DA's office to "charge" you with a crime. Which is why sometimes people are released without charges; the police didn't provide the DA with enough evidence. You know, like Hillary and her classified emails. The FBI investigates and gives evidence to the AG who decides whether or not to press charges.

Cops can't charge you.

did I use the wrong lingo?
I think he's referring to the fact police can cite you or arrest you but it's up to the DA's office to "charge" you with a crime. Which is why sometimes people are released without charges; the police didn't provide the DA with enough evidence. You know, like Hillary and her classified emails. The FBI investigates and gives evidence to the AG who decides whether or not to press charges.

yes------I used the wrong lingo

Is it good that they do?

Speaking of the cop, why hammer him? Christie's the fucking governor. If the law is bad, why doesn't he nullify it? Tell his AG not to press any charges on that law or tell all police not to cite anyone for that particular law. Didn't Obama do the same thing regarding immigration law? Don't blame the cop, blame his boss.

Three years for this was an absolutely ridiculous sentence. Glad Christie commuted it.

Is it good that they do?

Speaking of the cop, why hammer him? Christie's the fucking governor. If the law is bad, why doesn't he nullify it? Tell his AG not to press any charges on that law or tell all police not to cite anyone for that particular law. Didn't Obama do the same thing regarding immigration law? Don't blame the cop, blame his boss.

you are talking JERSEY. I assure you----JERSEY wants the law----JERSEY want to be ABLE TO MAKE A CHARGE ON A PERSON -------if JERSEY prefers that the person not have a gun

Forum List

Back