Governor DeSantis Says That He Isn't Running For President

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
I understand why, but I'm also a bit disappointed, because couldn't he get rid of CRT as part as being president? I'm a HUGE supporter, but I think this guy would be a better choice actually and he would already have my vote.

I understand why, but I'm also a bit disappointed, because couldn't he get rid of CRT as part as being president? I'm a HUGE supporter, but I think this guy would be a better choice actually and he would already have my vote.

Don't worry, they ALWAYS say this at this point in the election cycle, every one of them.

They have to, or they burn out along the way. They need all the stuff at the right time ----- which is 1 1/2 years before the election. Exploratory committee, fundraising committee, announcing they're gonna announce, announcing, then it can finally all start.

At the moment he has to focus on governing Florida or Florida gets mad.

Maybe he's being honest but there are also laws involved and both he and Trump and any other potential candidates have to be careful not to announce before a certain date, otherwise there are penalties and legal restrictions that can come into play. OTOH, he may realize that his value to the MAGA movement will be as a solid VP candidate. Trump will only serve one more term and it's quite possible DeSantis will step into his own time in the Oval Office after that.

Maybe he's being honest but there are also laws involved and both he and Trump and any other potential candidates have to be careful not to announce before a certain date, otherwise there are penalties and legal restrictions that can come into play. OTOH, he may realize that his value to the MAGA movement will be as a solid VP candidate. Trump will only serve one more term and it's quite possible DeSantis will step into his own time in the Oval Office after that.
Huh. I didn't think of that. I like. Quite viable, really.

If Trump would choose such a dynamic figure: he chose a man so colorless he's pure white all over last time.

Don't worry, they ALWAYS say this at this point in the election cycle, every one of them.

They have to, or they burn out along the way. They need all the stuff at the right time ----- which is 1 1/2 years before the election. Exploratory committee, fundraising committee, announcing they're gonna announce, announcing, then it can finally all start.

^ this!

it probably mean that he does plan on running

Exactly. He needs to keep some suspense going.

What am I saying?

Besides, DeSantis can't say he's going to run till we know what Trump plans to do.

It is so going to be a circus ----

I'd be happy if either one of them ran actually, I'm just saying after he threatened to send illegals to Delaware and called the Biden administration the Brandon administration,.. I'm like this dude HAS to run lol :D

I hope he doesn't run. He's my Governor and a damned good one.

Imagine how much of a GREAT president he'd make though. :D (Plus, he has a better attitude than Trump as Trump actually is a bit of an asshole at times.)

Plus, isn't his governorship up for reelection in 2022? He would need to concentrate on that first, if so.

But, note!

He could also be stating such, because he knows Trump is running in 2024??? And he's willing to step back, due to that....???

I guess I'm just partly jealous Mike DeWine is my governor and he's alright and all,.. but you guys and gals in Florida are lucky to have this gem.

He'll be saying that right up until the day he announces.

Nothing new under the sun there.....Way too early.....Come a point in the future he will "reconsider". Hopefuls usually don't get the ball rolling till after the mid-terms so they can take stock of how the wind is blowing.

There is also something else to consider, most hopefuls want a good idea on who they will be up against both in their own party in the primary season and what the dems will be fielding in 2024 and I don't think it will be "Tater and the Ho".

Forum List

Back