Graham, Cruz set aside feud for bill that would halt UN funding

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Not a surprise. As I stated here before, check out the Human Rights Committee of the UN, now accepting some of those countries as the stalwarts of Human Rights IS deplorable

Graham, Cruz set aside feud for bill that would halt UN funding | New York Post

WASHINGTON –The unlikely duo of Sens. Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz have set aside their campaign feud and united on a bill to halt UN funding until it repeals a resolution condemning Israeli settlements.

Graham once mused that Cruz is so disliked that if the he were killed on the Senate floor the murderer wouldn’t be convicted if senators comprised the jury.

But on Thursday, the pair appeared side-by-side on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” and were joking around.

“I want to apologize to Ted for saying he should be killed on the Senate floor,” Graham said turning to Cruz.

“At least we are not on the Senate floor now,” Cruz quipped.

Ah yes," back to 1910, when men were men, start the first world war all over again"

Not a surprise. As I stated here before, check out the Human Rights Committee of the UN, now accepting some of those countries as the stalwarts of Human Rights IS deplorable

WASHINGTON –The unlikely duo of Sens. Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz have set aside their campaign feud and united on a bill to halt UN funding until it repeals a resolution condemning Israeli settlements.

Graham once mused that Cruz is so disliked that if the he were killed on the Senate floor the murderer wouldn’t be convicted if senators comprised the jury. :dunno:

But on Thursday, the pair appeared side-by-side on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” and were joking around.

“I want to apologize to Ted for saying he should be killed on the Senate floor,” Graham said turning to Cruz.

No reason to fund the UN at all, ever again at this point. You could do it as a once-off, leverage on the Israel vote but they'll just continue doing it so by bother?

Ah yes," back to 1910, when men were men, start the first world war all over again"

I had a pal named Frank Sanchez who claimed he was a drummer for the Kingston Trio....I never saw them use a drummer, so you know these groups....was he lying?

Zionist do find common ground, I am shocked they are not licking jews feet yet.

Graham once mused that Cruz is so disliked that if the he were killed on the Senate floor the murderer wouldn’t be convicted if senators comprised the jury.

Making those with human rights problems be part of the organizations that fight human rights problems is a long proven direction.

It's the same kind of approach Nixon took when he opened trade with China.

When a nation takes part in rational human rights issues, they can not help but find it harder to flout the findings on those issues.

Look at it the other way. Excluding them simply takes the issue to being one nation woofing at another nation - a direction perfectly organized for failure.

In fact, nations can end up pointing to our woofing as evidence that we are the enemy, thus providing cover for problems in other areas as well.

Graham once mused that Cruz is so disliked that if the he were killed on the Senate floor the murderer wouldn’t be convicted if senators comprised the jury. :dunno:

No reason to fund the UN at all, ever again at this point. You could do it as a once-off, leverage on the Israel vote but they'll just continue doing it so by bother?
Negotiated solutions and explicit standards of law aren't nearly as dramatic as war, of course.

Beyond that, peaceful means such as economic sanctions are a major force in foreign policies of every nation today, and the UN forms a basis for such organized behavior - regardless of whether the UNSC takes part in leveling the sanctions or not.

Also, without the UN our international actions take on the aura of being the USA vs. whomever we don't like. And, that is law of the jungle, not rule of law - which IS our direction.

Negotiated solutions and explicit standards of law aren't nearly as dramatic as war, of course.

Beyond that, peaceful means such as economic sanctions are a major force in foreign policies of every nation today, and the UN forms a basis for such organized behavior - regardless of whether the UNSC takes part in leveling the sanctions or not.

Also, without the UN our international actions take on the aura of being the USA vs. whomever we don't like. And, that is law of the jungle, not rule of law - which IS our direction.

They're anti-American shitbags who take our money and then throw mud at us. We need to evict them and use the building as a parking garage.

The UN has proved worthless.

It did not stop the Korean War, where N.Korea was clearly the aggressor.

It did not stop the Viet Nam War, where N.Vietnam was clearly the aggressor.

It has not stopped the Russians from going into Afghanistan or Ukraine.

It has not stopped China from going into Tibet or building artificial islands with tactical air bases in the South China Sea.

It has proved to be worthless. Might as well just get rid of it and kick them out of the USA.

maybe the House will be as successful defunding the UN as they were defunding ObaMacare ... 55 times.

BBBBAAAAWWWWWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You really need to try using your words rather than your emotions.

And, no, America stands for the rule of law, not the law of the jungle.

WE are the creators of the UN. It would not have been created without us. We took that action because the rule of law is a fundamental component of America's direction.

It shouldn't have taken this to reconsider American Taxpayer-funding of the UN. I don't feel American Taxpayers should be forced to fund a foreign institution that doesn't solely have American Citizens' best interests in mind.

If it isn't an institution advancing American interests, i shouldn't be forced to fund it. I hope this Israel vote issue gets more Americans to wake up and challenge mandatory Tax-funding of the UN.

It shouldn't have taken this to reconsider American Taxpayer-funding of the UN. I don't feel American Taxpayers should be forced to fund a foreign institution that doesn't solely have American Citizens' best interests in mind.

If it isn't an institution advancing American interests, i shouldn't be forced to fund it. I hope this Israel vote issue gets more Americans to wake up and challenge mandatory Tax-funding of the UN.
Our view of the world isn't total American hegemony.

We see it as completely legitimate that there are other sovereign nations.

For that to work, we need a certain degree of cooperation, as we know that our position as being 5% of the world isn't likely to lead to the best possible outcomes for America without serious cooperation and development of a shared world view.

That will also require policing and the application of influence. But, the policing itself must come from a shared point of view, or the whole concept of cooperation and a shared world view becomes garbage.

Various tools (such as economic sanctions) FAIL unless they come from that shared view and thus gain the inclusion of a significant percent of the world economy - NOT just the US or the US plus a few close allies.

The contributions of the UN aren't as dramatic as war. But, war is what we want to AVOID. And, suggesting that the UN fails when it doesn't toady to the US is also garbage - the US does not own the world.

Plus, the UN HAS backed our direction to an amazing extent.

For that to work, we need a certain degree of cooperation, as we know that our position as being 5% of the world isn't likely to lead to the best possible outcomes for America without serious cooperation and development of a shared world view.

That will also require policing and the application of influence. But, the policing itself must come from a shared point of view, or the whole concept of cooperation and a shared world view becomes garbage.

Various tools (such as economic sanctions) FAIL unless they come from that shared view and thus gain the inclusion of a significant percent of the world economy - NOT just the US or the US plus a few close allies.

The contributions of the UN aren't as dramatic as war. But, war is what we want to AVOID. And, suggesting that the UN fails when it doesn't toady to the US is also garbage - the US does not own the world.

Well, then donate your own money. I'm good with that. The UN is a foreign institution that doesn't always have American Citizens' best interests in mind. Therefore, i don't feel American Taxpayers should be forced to fund it. If its purpose isn't advancing American Citizen interests, i have no interest in it.

Well, then donate your own money. I'm good with that. The UN is a foreign institution that doesn't always have American Citizens' best interests in mind. Therefore, i don't feel American Taxpayers should be forced to fund it. If its purpose isn't advancing American Citizen interests, i have no interest in it.
Get real. This isn't about the finances.

Failing to support the UN goes way farther than simply not paying some money.

And, the UN is a US organization just as much as it is an organization of any other member state.

It shares and presses for our US direction on the interactions between nations.

It is incorporated as US law.

It advocates for peace and freedom to carry out trade - issues every American family cares about as it is a requirement for our standard of living and is a fundamental concern of those families with members in our military services and otherwise working overseas. It advocates for our direction on humanitarianism, fair working conditions, etc. - our national objectives motivated by our moral values and fairness that reaches all the way to our pocketbooks.

I had a pal named Frank Sanchez who claimed he was a drummer for the Kingston Trio....I never saw them use a drummer, so you know these groups....was he lying?

Internet searches can be your friend.

By 1968, Bob was eager to perform with a trio again. The New Kingston Trio featured Pat Horine and banjoist Jim Conner, accompanied by bassist Frank Passantino and drummer Frank Sanchez.

The Kingston Trio... The Trio pg. 2

Forum List

Back