Greatest Economy Ever at 1.9% GDP

The President hasn’t started any “trade wars”.
China has been kicking our ass in their trade war against the US for the last 30+ years. President Trump is merely the first President to take a stand against them. Obviously the globalists that side with China hate him for that, and will stop at nothing to help China.
Yeah, Trump never put any tariffs upon any goods he's a free market man....

In retaliation for tariffs against us.

Funny how you leftwing morons never address the fact that China and the EU have been using tariffs against the US for decades.
Funny how you Trump butt huggers can't see the forest because of the trees and notice that last year was not so hot either...

A full year of steady growth and ultra low unemployment is “not so hot”?
Similar growth under Obama was horrible. Now you call it steady? You partisans are funny.

With record high unemployment, yes it was horrible.

Yeah, Trump never put any tariffs upon any goods he's a free market man....

In retaliation for tariffs against us.

Funny how you leftwing morons never address the fact that China and the EU have been using tariffs against the US for decades.
Funny how you Trump butt huggers can't see the forest because of the trees and notice that last year was not so hot either...

A full year of steady growth and ultra low unemployment is “not so hot”?
Similar growth under Obama was horrible. Now you call it steady? You partisans are funny.

There was low unemployment at the end.

Even though Obama's UE was lower than Reagan's UE which to the "human scum" Right that makes Obama's a "record high." :cuckoo:

What did Obama do wrong?
Why wasn't his recovery as strong as Reagan's?
The "strength" of Reagan's economy is a myth, just like Tramp's.

Obama's economic strength was non-existent.
Reagan's economy rocked!

I'm no economist but I read that when employment is this low and with the current inflation rate, you want the GDP to be between 2 and 3 percent. .1 percent doesnt seem to be too bad off.
Why is this funny braindead?
What economist ever said we want slow growth?
They said too much growth with the economy the way it is will lead to an asset bubble.

I agree, slow growth can be more beneficial in the long term. Sharp booms can lead to sharp busts. Slow and steady wins the race. Business that follow this philosophy usually survive busts.
Do you like huge debt? Trump gave us tax cuts that were supposed to increase growth. They haven’t. Without strong growth debt will continue to increase rapidly.

I wasn't for the tax cuts, we need to payoff our debt. We need to raise taxes on everyone, not just the rich. Then we need to cut government waste and spending. Pay down the debt, then cut taxes. I haven't agreed with a President on fiscal policy for a long, long, time. We won't have strong growth with huge debt.

It has been less than THREE YEARS into the Trump Presidency. His average GDP growth is just under 3%. Still way above Obama's average 1.6% over EIGHT YEARS. Even though Obama had two Trillion dollar Stimuli and near ZERO interest rates from the FED.
Obama was handed a recession. And your guy has given us trillion dollar deficits. Policy is a failure.

Bullshit, Obama created the recession. When Democrats took over the Senate and House, and it became obvious Obama was going to win, business and consumer confidence crashed. Everyone ran for the hills.
While we see that Obama was 8 years of Bush Lite, would we have even survived 8 years of bomb, bomb, bomb, McCain ?

Why is this funny braindead?
What economist ever said we want slow growth?
They said too much growth with the economy the way it is will lead to an asset bubble.

I agree, slow growth can be more beneficial in the long term. Sharp booms can lead to sharp busts. Slow and steady wins the race. Business that follow this philosophy usually survive busts.
Do you like huge debt? Trump gave us tax cuts that were supposed to increase growth. They haven’t. Without strong growth debt will continue to increase rapidly.

I wasn't for the tax cuts, we need to payoff our debt. We need to raise taxes on everyone, not just the rich. Then we need to cut government waste and spending. Pay down the debt, then cut taxes. I haven't agreed with a President on fiscal policy for a long, long, time. We won't have strong growth with huge debt.
I agree with you. But trumps plan was tax cuts followed by strong growth to pay for them. No strong growth means huge deficits. Policy failure.

Even though Obama's UE was lower than Reagan's UE which to the "human scum" Right that makes Obama's a "record high." :cuckoo:

What did Obama do wrong?

Reagan's economy rocked!
Yeah, nearly 11% UE really rocks!

What did Obama do wrong?
He only almost doubled the debt rather than tripled it like Reagan.

Reagan's growth was much, much higher than Obama's.
And he won the Cold War.

By any measure, including debt, Reagan's performance kicked Obama's ass.

What did Obama do wrong?

Reagan's economy rocked!
Yeah, nearly 11% UE really rocks!

Yup, his recovery was awesome!
Obama's sucked.

What did Obama do wrong?

And he won the Cold War.

Likely. Debt? In my book tripling is worse than doubling.

What did Obama do wrong?

And he won the Cold War.

Reagan added less as a percentage of GDP and had awesome growth.
And he didn't have 7 years of 0.25% Fed Funds rates.

What did Obama do wrong?

And he won the Cold War.

Reagan added less as a percentage of GDP and had awesome growth.
And he didn't have 7 years of 0.25% Fed Funds rates.
I disagree:

Which President Increased U.S. Debt the Most?

Ronald Reagan: President Reagan increased the debt by 186%. Reaganomics added $1.86 trillion. Reagan's brand of supply-side economics didn't grow the economy enough to offset the lost revenue from its tax cuts. That was partly because Reagan increased the defense budget by 35%.

Barack Obama: Under President Obama, the national debt grew the most dollar-wise. He added $8.588 trillion. This 74% increase was the fifth-largest. Obama's budgets included the economic stimulus package. It added $831 billion by cutting taxes,

Forum List

Back