Greatest Economy Ever at 1.9% GDP

We're gonna need some better spin on this. Stat.

Let me give it a shot...

The expected growth was suppose to be 1.6 but instead it grew better at 1.9, so win-win and I got this information from CSpan radio this morning.

So it is not a big growth like the size of Hillary butt but still it grew more than expected...

Yeah, MAGA baby but I doubt it is Make Amerika Gay Again...

What did Obama do wrong?
Why wasn't his recovery as strong as Reagan's?
He only almost doubled the debt rather than tripled it like Reagan.

Reagan's growth was much, much higher than Obama's.
And he won the Cold War.

By any measure, including debt, Reagan's performance kicked Obama's ass.
Likely. Debt? In my book tripling is worse than doubling.

Reagan added less as a percentage of GDP and had awesome growth.
And he didn't have 7 years of 0.25% Fed Funds rates.
I disagree:

Which President Increased U.S. Debt the Most?

Ronald Reagan: President Reagan increased the debt by 186%. Reaganomics added $1.86 trillion. Reagan's brand of supply-side economics didn't grow the economy enough to offset the lost revenue from its tax cuts. That was partly because Reagan increased the defense budget by 35%.

Barack Obama: Under President Obama, the national debt grew the most dollar-wise. He added $8.588 trillion. This 74% increase was the fifth-largest. Obama's budgets included the economic stimulus package. It added $831 billion by cutting taxes,

He added $8.588 trillion.

He added $9.3 trillion.

More, if you subtract the bank TARP lent under Bush and repaid under Obama.

More, if you subtract out the Fed's windfall profits due to QE.

Obama added more, as a percentage of GDP, than Reagan.
And Obama's economy sucked.

And he won the Cold War.

I disagree:

Ronald Reagan: President Reagan increased the debt by 186%. Reaganomics added $1.86 trillion. Reagan's brand of supply-side economics didn't grow the economy enough to offset the lost revenue from its tax cuts. That was partly because Reagan increased the defense budget by 35%.

Barack Obama: Under President Obama, the national debt grew the most dollar-wise. He added $8.588 trillion. This 74% increase was the fifth-largest. Obama's budgets included the economic stimulus package. It added $831 billion by cutting taxes,

He added $9.3 trillion.

Clearly neither was fiscally responsible.

And he won the Cold War.

I disagree:

He added $9.3 trillion.

Reagan spent a lot to win the Cold War.

Did Obama's spending make us more secure?

I disagree:

He added $9.3 trillion.

Just keep polishing that turd.

GDP slows slightly to 1.9% in the third quarter

The Fed will step in again, most likely. Markets will expect it now.
Are you talking about the intraday lending rates?

Or the fact that the rest of the world has much lower lending rates that leaves the US dollar a keen investment that raises our export price tag?
Yes, the Fed funds rate to stimulate and mitigate weakness.

We're not getting half of what we were promised, so the Fed has to do its thing. Maybe that will be enough.

I disagree:

He added $9.3 trillion.

I would never try to polish Obama's crappy performance.

So the Fed raises interest rates five times to crush the economy and is now back peddling as fast as it can to correct its screw up. Pelosi won't vote on USMCA. Impeachment bullshit waning on business and consumer confidence.

Then you want to blame Trump for not getting the economy growing faster.

Take the Hillary bumper sticker off your car. And take the pussy hat off your head.
It's backpedaling?

They'll be dropping rates again.

Jeez, you guys are clueless.
\

The only clueless part of this convo is you not understanding I referenced the rate reductions by the Fed as back peddling. Try to keep up around here, it's your thread, cluelessX4.
That might be good spin if I hadn't heard the same thing from other Trumpsters claiming the Fed went too far with rate cuts and was backpedaling on THAT.

Gawd, you wingers just lie and lie and lie.

I disagree:

He added $9.3 trillion.

I would never try to polish Obama's crappy performance.
And trump has increased Obama deficits. Ouch.

With record high unemployment, yes it was horrible.
Even though Obama's UE was lower than Reagan's UE which to the "human scum" Right that makes Obama's a "record high." :cuckoo:

What did Obama do wrong?
Why wasn't his recovery as strong as Reagan's?
The "strength" of Reagan's economy is a myth, just like Tramp's.
The growth during the Reagan years helped lower inflation, lower interest rates and from 83-88 averaged 3.5% growth.

We're gonna need some better spin on this. Stat.

Let me give it a shot...

The expected growth was suppose to be 1.6 but instead it grew better at 1.9, so win-win and I got this information from CSpan radio this morning.

So it is not a big growth like the size of Hillary butt but still it grew more than expected...

Yeah, MAGA baby but I doubt it is Make Amerika Gay Again...
Yes, instead of REALLY shitty it was just shitty.

So that's a good thing. MAGA!

Yes, the Fed funds rate to stimulate and mitigate weakness..
You think that the current asset requirements should apply to intraday credit?
I don't have a good answer to that. Even with what happened to the NY Fed, I haven't heard that asset requirements were an issue on a macro scale. Push comes to shove, we need to keep standards high. Or at least medium.

The only clueless part of this convo is you not understanding I referenced the rate reductions by the Fed as back peddling. Try to keep up around here, it's your thread, cluelessX4.
That might be good spin if I hadn't heard the same thing from other Trumpsters claiming the Fed went too far with rate cuts and was backpedaling on THAT.

The rest of the globe is lowering their rates drastically, some into NEGATIVE yeilds, believe it or not.

This is creating a huge demand for US equities of all kinds and this is driving the US dollar into the Stratosphere.

The Fed rate has to come down even more to allow our exports to price well against other countries who not only have much lower interest rates but they actively subsidies their industries, like Airbus. They did the last I checked anyway. The VAT of the EU amounts to a disguised tariff as well being applied to imports when the produict was not made in Europe.

And when the Fed raises rates, it also increases our interest we pay on the deficit which has a huge ripple effect on the economy.

The fed Prime needs to come down more.

I don't have a good answer to that. Even with what happened to the NY Fed, I haven't heard that asset requirements were an issue on a macro scale. Push comes to shove, we need to keep standards high. Or at least medium.
Well it seems to be causing an inability for businesses to make payroll and other things.

I think Mnuchin wants to bring the Prime up as a conservative financier but he realizes he cant do that without serious downward affect.

Well it seems to be causing an inability for businesses to make payroll and other things.

I think Mnuchin wants to bring the Prime up as a conservative financier but he realizes he cant do that without serious downward affect.
Well, that was one of the lesser-known disasters within the Meltdown. The banks mostly shut the door on overnight loans and huge companies like GE were beginning to panic because they didn't have the cash flow. The whole massive fucking overnight system had ground to a halt. That's why Paulsen stepped in and started shoveling cash at them.

The circumstances are different here, as I understand it. But yeah, I don't mind saying I damn near shit a brick when that NY Fed started a few weeks ago. Bad, bad memories. We'll see.

And he won the Cold War.

I disagree:

He added $9.3 trillion.

There was no.profits. That was a lie.

Yep, it’s seems their hand is forced to lower again. And lowering rates while having to support the repo market with hundreds of billions seems to suggest there are serious underlying problems in the economy and the banking system. Makes you wonder if we are on the doorstep of something like 2008 again.

And lowering rates while having to support the repo market with hundreds of billions seems to suggest there are serious underlying problems in the economy and the banking system.

Or it's the rules that require banks to hold tons of cash......

Regardless of the cause, it’s still looks like an issue to me.

Forum List

Back