Gridlock

Blaster

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2022
I'm a fan of gridlock. This is better for all Americans regarless of political affiliation.

Republicans really fucked-up when they did NOT put the 2024 Budget back on a fiscally sane path, even if it meant shutting the government down.

Biden’s 2024 Budget was $7.30T with a $2.0T deficit (this Budget should have been $5T at most)
Biden's 2023 Budget was $6.13T with a $1.7T deficit
Biden's 2022 Budget was $6.27T with a $1.4T deficit
Biden's 2021 Budget was $6.82T with a $2.8T deficit
Trump's 2020 Budget was $6.55T with a $3.1T deficit
Trump's 2019 Budget was $4.40T with a $0.9T deficit
Trump's 2018 Budget was $4.10T with a $0.8T deficit
Trump's 2017 Budget was $4.00T with a $0.5T deficit

The last years of the Trump's deficits (fiscal years '20 and '21) were compounded by the fact that people were out of work and revenue wasn't coming. With people back to work these deficits under Biden have been absolutely shameful.

But back to gridlock. I'm in favor of it as I trust neither party to put the interest of the country first.

Notice how the spend-o-holics in Washington jacked up the budget/spending from $4 trillion to $7 trillion under the cover of Covid? I'm pretty sure the Covid fiasco is over, yet government continues spending like drunk sailors.

Rinos have capitulated to Democrats much to the detriment of the American people.
There can be two totally different ways of perceiving the consequences of the capitulation.

1. It's completely in America's best interests to continue the war against Russia, in the hopes that Russia can be defeated and then broken up into pieces that are managable by America. The consequences of Americ's failure will mean that the combined forces of the Brics with a totally intact and powerful Russia, are too disastrous to even consider.

2. America's resignation to the fact that Russia can't accept defeat, could be the only viable conclusion and so ending the war now will save hundred of thousands of Ukrainian lives.
And perhaps save millions of innocent lives if Russia is forced to go nuclear.

We're all faced with having to choose between two difficult and unattractive choices.

Right now it's spend, spend, spend. The American people are fed-up.
No, they're not fed up. The spending on the Ukraine has been approved and that can only be seen as a show of confidence in America's war and military spending. The best 'we' can hope for is the American congress having to grasp for unlikely solutions to remedy a bad outcome of Biden's war against Russia.

No, they're not fed up. The spending on the Ukraine has been approved and that can only be seen as a show of confidence in America's war and military spending. The best 'we' can hope for is the American congress having to grasp for unlikely solutions to remedy a bad outcome of Biden's war against Russia.
Why not seek a peace agreement between Ukraine and Russia?

Why not seek a peace agreement between Ukraine and Russia?
We might be able to find further agreement on that idea too! The biggest factor that has permitted the spending on the Ukaine is the fact that Trump didn't stand up to strongly lead.

He's remaining non-committal and ambiguous and that's had the effect of cutting the legs out from under his antiwar support.
I have to suspect that he understands that an antiwar stand by him is very risky. Americans don't go there easily my friend.

We might be able to find further agreement on that idea too! The biggest factor that has permitted the spending on the Ukaine is the fact that Trump didn't stand up to strongly lead.

He's remaining non-committal and ambiguous and that's had the effect of cutting the legs out from under his antiwar support.
I have to suspect that he understands that an antiwar stand by him is very risky. Americans don't go there easily my friend.
I have always been opposed to needless foreign wars. There are too many warmongers in congress.

Forum List

Back