Ground Zero

I live at America's ground zero for the Coronavirus.

Washington State?

No worries - Washington State has EVERYTHING under control, including the 200,000 homeless living in the streets.
Did you see that lawyer from Washington State talking about housing the homeless. The state bought an old motel for the sick. The homeless guy they put there went across the street, robbed a convenience store then hopped a bus. He hasn't been seen since.

The schools have closed for 6 weeks.
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but is that long a time frame really necessary for anything if there has to be any kind of shut down?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I don't make those decisions. The governor does. Along with the state congress.

However, I don't know if it's long enough. I also think they waited too long to close the schools.

This virus is very deadly to the old, those who have preexisting conditions and those with a compromised immune system. Or an immune system that isn't fully developed, babies.

It spreads easily and fast. Since it's a new virus, no one has any immunity to it.

Schools are what I used to call, plague factories. One kid gets sick, it's not long until the rest of the kids have it. The kids take it home and pass it along to those at home.

What if a baby or a grandparent is at home? That baby will die. There's a good chance the grandparent will die.

One of the ways it quickly got out of hand in China was through families. One person brought it home and everyone else got it. The transmission rate there for families was over 80%.

This isn't the flu. This isn't something that can be taken lightly. This is serious. A lot of people can die. Our health care system isn't designed to handle a wide spread pandemic so we don't have enough beds, respirators and other much needed medical equipment to treat those who get this virus and end up in the hospital.
Thank you. I saw on the TV today that one area will not re-open their schools until April 24th which is over a month away from now, somewhere in Georgia it may be. Do people really need that much time for this to be over with if it ever will be?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back