Gruber apologizes for his inaccurate remarks

Gruber is sorry he got caught.

Period.

"I apologize that you Stupid American Voters cannot comprehend how brilliant and generous I am to run your lives for you."

Starkey apologized for pretending to be a Republican

"it's embarrassing even for me at this point" -- Jake

Last edited:
Gruber apologized for his newly-resurfaced 2013 remarks Thursday, telling MSNBC's Ronan Farrow that they had been an “off-the-cuff” mistake, an attempt to lay out the way political calculations affected the law as it was being written.

“The comments in the video were made at an academic conference,” Gruber said. “I was speaking off the cuff and I basically spoke inappropriately and I regret having made those comments.”

Who is Jonathan Gruber - The Washington Post

Farrow suggested to Gruber that the underlying point of his remarks was actually “nuanced” and was intended to illustrate that in order to effectively pass Obamacare into law, the process needed to be “opaque.”

Gruber replied that he was trying to convey that laws that center on federal spending aren’t popular.

Jonathan Gruber to MSNBC My 8216 Stupidity of the American Voter 8217 Remark was Inappropriate Mediaite

That's Gruber talking, far right dorks, so get over it; the American citizens have

Gruber is even dumber than those he was denigrating. He felt that he was above it all and now, that the caca has hit the rotary oscillator the Admin has suddenly forgotten who the asshole is. What a complete buffoon. And what's worse Jake is you believe him. So I guess that makes you really dumb.

What is funny is that you believe yourself.

I posted the reports of what Gruber is saying.

That's nice. There are LOADS of video that show that he, and you, are lying. Thanks for showing what a ultra left progressive you are by trying to support the unsupportable.

There is no video of me lying, and I posted the sources above, which certainly can't mean I am lying.

Your willful denial of the evidence that contravenes yours, and his assertions says yes, you are lying.

That's nice. There are LOADS of video that show that he, and you, are lying. Thanks for showing what a ultra left progressive you are by trying to support the unsupportable.

I don't believe that Jake is ultra left, he's just tired of stupid people hijacking his party with crap issues -- like this one.

There is no doubt that Jake is ultra left. I am a liberal Democrat, Jakes a progressive. That's as far left as you can get.

He said voters are stupid...the ones he fooled into voting yes...the moron Democraps.

Far worse than that he said they lied. He hasn't apologized for that.

Get your shit together Jake.

Probably about as stupid as thinking Republicans care about anyone othe than the 1% or that with them in Congress, they will get things done.

How many times does an elitist professor have to insult American citizens and get away with the lame phrase "off the cuff" before stupid democrats get the message?

8,368 times!

And Jake would still make excuses

The guy is right, Americans are stupid, I mean a woman who said about this very bill "we have to read the bill to see what's in it" was the fucking speaker of the house when she said it.

But it should be a crime to blatantly take advantage of that and then laugh about it.

I'd shoot him for treason and send a bill for the bullet to his family.
Actually, I believe Pelosi said they had to pass the bill to see what's in it. That's always been the biggest problem for me, they didn't bother reading the damned thing before they passed it and I doubt most of them have gotten beyond the first five pages since then.

He said voters are stupid...the ones he fooled into voting yes...the moron Democraps.

Probably about as stupid as thinking Republicans care about anyone othe than the 1% or that with them in Congress, they will get things done.

"I regret that there were recording devices being utilized when I said what I think".

Nope, sorry. He was on a panel in front of an audience when he made his comments. And if he didn't know the red light on the camera was on and his mic in front of him was live, then that makes him actually quite stupid, doesn't it?

I don't believe that Jake is ultra left, he's just tired of stupid people hijacking his party with crap issues -- like this one.

There is no doubt that Jake is ultra left. I am a liberal Democrat, Jakes a progressive. That's as far left as you can get.

That's the 'official" word, eh? Please provide examples of his extreme left position - love to see you do that.

I don't think what Gruber said was a lie -- voters on BOTH sides of the isle are woefully ill prepared to cast a vote. It's the absolute, unfortunate truth; why apologies for telling the truth?

Do I think that what he said means anything, with regards to who or HOW the bill was written? Of course not -- he was a 'consultant,' not the 'architect.'

His opinion, doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

Others ... primarily Republican pundits and such, have made a huge deal out of nothing, as per usual.

They were dishonest in even suggesting that he was the "architect" of the ACA; that was a lie.

Why aren't we stomping on their guts and demanding a retracment?

Last edited:
Gruber apologized for his newly-resurfaced 2013 remarks Thursday, telling MSNBC's Ronan Farrow that they had been an “off-the-cuff” mistake, an attempt to lay out the way political calculations affected the law as it was being written.

“The comments in the video were made at an academic conference,” Gruber said. “I was speaking off the cuff and I basically spoke inappropriately and I regret having made those comments.”

Who is Jonathan Gruber - The Washington Post

Farrow suggested to Gruber that the underlying point of his remarks was actually “nuanced” and was intended to illustrate that in order to effectively pass Obamacare into law, the process needed to be “opaque.”

Gruber replied that he was trying to convey that laws that center on federal spending aren’t popular.

Jonathan Gruber to MSNBC My 8216 Stupidity of the American Voter 8217 Remark was Inappropriate Mediaite

That's Gruber talking, far right dorks, so get over it; the American citizens have
I seem to recall that some "off-the-cuff mistake" comments made by Romney were used to castigate the man.
Truth is, in unguarded moments, people sometimes let their guard down and blurt out what they really truly think.

There was nothing wrong with what Romney said, it was the truth! And so is what this dimwit said. I have no problem with what Romney said. But you lib's doing backflips to distance your selves and make excuses for the "TRUTH" that this elitist let slip is very telling. Wake up all you stupid democrats and look at what your party stands for and what it's agenda is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My point being, libtard progressives get their panties in a bunch about anything they think they can twist when an "enemy" makes a statement. And I agree that what Romney said, and was castigated for, is light years and multiple dimensions removed from what this shitbag, Gruber drooled out his elitist flyhole. Once again, we are faced not only with the liberal penchant for lying, but the hypocrisy is too much to stomach, as well.

Starkey apologized for pretending to be a Republican

"it's embarrassing even for me at this point" -- Jake

This is really getting old.

Please fucking knock it off already. If you have something to say, please say it, otherwise you are doing what MOST republicans do when they have to make a case; they play golf.

My point being, libtard progressives get their panties in a bunch about anything they think they can twist when an "enemy" makes a statement. And I agree that what Romney said, and was castigated for, is light years and multiple dimensions removed from what this shitbag, Gruber drooled out his elitist flyhole. Once again, we are faced not only with the liberal penchant for lying, but the hypocrisy is too much to stomach, as well.

My heart felt well wishes for "bad treatment" at the hands of those meanie Libs.

(((HUGS)))

Yes, people often get caught running their mouths off.

Shit happens.

You mean like Obama's Commerce Secretary?

"I regret that there were recording devices being utilized when I said what I think".

Nope, sorry. He was on a panel in front of an audience when he made his comments. And if he didn't know the red light on the camera was on and his mic in front of him was live, then that makes him actually quite stupid, doesn't it?

I guess you answered your own question there.

That's the 'official" word, eh?

I don't think what Gruber said was a lie -- voters on BOTH sides of the isle are woefully ill prepared to cast a vote. It's the absolute, unfortunate truth; why apologies for telling the truth?

Do I think that what he said means anything, with regards to who or HOW the bill was written? Of course not -- he was a 'consultant,' not the 'architect.'

Others ... primarily Republican pundits and such, have made a huge deal out of nothing, as per usual.

They were dishonest in even suggesting that he was the "architect" of the ACA; that was a lie.

Some of us are. I despise ole Mitchy et al every bit as much as I despise this current admin. In the long run the ruling elite care about themselves and their cronies and couldn't give a flying fuck about the regular folk. What astonishes me is the progs here are either so blind, or so stupid, that they can't see that the Dems are as bad as the Repubs. Mind boggling.

My heart felt well wishes for "bad treatment" at the hands of those meanie Libs.

(((HUGS)))

Yes, people often get caught running their mouths off.

Shit happens.

He wasn't "running his mouth off". He was making a statement where he declared he was proud to have been instrumental in creating a lie to feed to the American Public. And, he's on record in multiple locations, and in different settings saying that very thing. It is not defensible.

That's the 'official" word, eh?

Some of us are. I despise ole Mitchy et al every bit as much as I despise this current admin. In the long run the ruling elite care about themselves and their cronies and couldn't give a flying fuck about the regular folk. What astonishes me is the progs here are either so blind, or so stupid, that they can't see that the Dems are as bad as the Repubs. Mind boggling.

I guess if we HAVE to pick sides, we could certainly become overly concerned with which side is worse, but when you look beyond that, you can point to obvious successes as well.

Like the ACA, the right has demonized it to the point that we even gave the law a wonderfully lame little nickname, (Obamacare) along with five hundred metric tons of misinformation and political poppycock, honked out on a daily basses for the expressed purpose of sabotaging an otherwise very good and necessary law.

Forum List

Back