Gruber apologizes for his inaccurate remarks

Who was he apologizing too? It wasn't Americans. His apologies was aimed at his handlers. Unfortunately, he exposed them and can never be trusted again. Axelrod called Gruber stupid for doing this.

It was to apologize in a round about for being caught, nothing else..

That's all it was. As I said to Jake earlier in the thread, It was no different than you catch one of your kids eating all the cookies and they say "I'm sorry" but what they meant was "Oh, I'm sorry you caught me" and both parties know that.

Gruber apologized for his newly-resurfaced 2013 remarks Thursday, telling MSNBC's Ronan Farrow that they had been an “off-the-cuff” mistake, an attempt to lay out the way political calculations affected the law as it was being written.

“The comments in the video were made at an academic conference,” Gruber said. “I was speaking off the cuff and I basically spoke inappropriately and I regret having made those comments.”

Who is Jonathan Gruber - The Washington Post

Farrow suggested to Gruber that the underlying point of his remarks was actually “nuanced” and was intended to illustrate that in order to effectively pass Obamacare into law, the process needed to be “opaque.”

Gruber replied that he was trying to convey that laws that center on federal spending aren’t popular.

Jonathan Gruber to MSNBC My 8216 Stupidity of the American Voter 8217 Remark was Inappropriate Mediaite

That's Gruber talking, far right dorks, so get over it; the American citizens have

Gruber is even dumber than those he was denigrating. He felt that he was above it all and now, that the caca has hit the rotary oscillator the Admin has suddenly forgotten who the asshole is. What a complete buffoon. And what's worse Jake is you believe him. So I guess that makes you really dumb.

What is funny is that you believe yourself.

I posted the reports of what Gruber is saying.

That's nice. There are LOADS of video that show that he, and you, are lying. Thanks for showing what a ultra left progressive you are by trying to support the unsupportable.

How many times does an elitist professor have to insult American citizens and get away with the lame phrase "off the cuff" before stupid democrats get the message?

8,368 times!

And Jake would still make excuses

The guy is right, Americans are stupid, I mean a woman who said about this very bill "we have to read the bill to see what's in it" was the fucking speaker of the house when she said it.

But it should be a crime to blatantly take advantage of that and then laugh about it.

I'd shoot him for treason and send a bill for the bullet to his family.

liberals. I fixed it for you.

Gruber apologized for his newly-resurfaced 2013 remarks Thursday, telling MSNBC's Ronan Farrow that they had been an “off-the-cuff” mistake, an attempt to lay out the way political calculations affected the law as it was being written.

“The comments in the video were made at an academic conference,” Gruber said. “I was speaking off the cuff and I basically spoke inappropriately and I regret having made those comments.”

Farrow suggested to Gruber that the underlying point of his remarks was actually “nuanced” and was intended to illustrate that in order to effectively pass Obamacare into law, the process needed to be “opaque.”

Gruber replied that he was trying to convey that laws that center on federal spending aren’t popular.

Jonathan Gruber to MSNBC My 8216 Stupidity of the American Voter 8217 Remark was Inappropriate Mediaite

That's Gruber talking, far right dorks, so get over it; the American citizens have

Gruber is even dumber than those he was denigrating. He felt that he was above it all and now, that the caca has hit the rotary oscillator the Admin has suddenly forgotten who the asshole is. What a complete buffoon. And what's worse Jake is you believe him. So I guess that makes you really dumb.

What is funny is that you believe yourself.

I posted the reports of what Gruber is saying.

That's nice. There are LOADS of video that show that he, and you, are lying. Thanks for showing what a ultra left progressive you are by trying to support the unsupportable.

There is no video of me lying, and I posted the sources above, which certainly can't mean I am lying.

Conservatives Now Losing It Over Grubergate -- NYMag

There are two questions here. The first is, what was Gruber’s role in the design of Obamacare? Davis cites a 2012 New York Times articledescribing Gruber’s role, which reports that “[a]fter Mr. Gruber helped the administration put together the basic principles of the proposal, the White House lent him to Capitol Hill to help Congressional staff members draft the specifics of the legislation.”

Aha! Gruber actually did direct the specific details of the law! Unless you read the very next sentence of the article Davis quotes: “This assignment primarily involved asking his graduate student researchers to tweak his model’s software code.”

In other words, the article confirms exactly what I’ve been saying all along. Gruber was influential in designing Romneycare and helping persuade Democrats to copy it. He did not play a direct role in writing Obamacare. As the Times notes, he spent the entire time working from home in Cambridge, Massachusetts. You cannot write a major law from your living room.

Last edited:
Conservatives Now Losing It Over Grubergate -- NYMag

There are two questions here. The first is, what was Gruber’s role in the design of Obamacare? Davis cites a 2012 New York Times articledescribing Gruber’s role, which reports that “[a]fter Mr. Gruber helped the administration put together the basic principles of the proposal, the White House lent him to Capitol Hill to help Congressional staff members draft the specifics of the legislation.”

Aha! Gruber actually did direct the specific details of the law! Unless you read the very next sentence of the article Davis quotes: “This assignment primarily involved asking his graduate student researchers to tweak his model’s software code.”

In other words, the article confirms exactly what I’ve been saying all along. Gruber was influential in designing Romneycare and helping persuade Democrats to copy it. He did not play a direct role in writing Obamacare. As the Times notes, he spent the entire time working from home in Cambridge, Massachusetts. You cannot write a major law from your living room.
Franny it's not going to work, so Gruber is not lying about lying? You are really a special kind of stupid son.

This still amazes me, he called you stupid jake and your still trying to kiss his ass. Lol, only a liberal can be this stupid.

Jake could easily be a moderate republican- it's not his fault there are none left. Thanks to Fox, Rush, Beck, Heritage, etc etc, who bring you out of context bumper sticker hate/bs like this. Unlike Romney's 47% quote, this is going nowhere because it doesn't stand up to any scrutiny. For chumps of the greedy idiot rich only.
Here is one more ignorant than jakey, gruber called you stupid francho and your supporting him.

But his remarks were accurate. American voters are stupid
Correction. American Democratic voters are stupid.

Fakey needs one of these to catch the obama nut juice dripping from his fat chin
i_love_obama_bib.jpg

I seem to recall that some "off-the-cuff mistake" comments made by Romney were used to castigate the man.
Truth is, in unguarded moments, people sometimes let their guard down and blurt out what they really truly think.

There was nothing wrong with what Romney said, it was the truth! And so is what this dimwit said. I have no problem with what Romney said. But you lib's doing backflips to distance your selves and make excuses for the "TRUTH" that this elitist let slip is very telling. Wake up all you stupid democrats and look at what your party stands for and what it's agenda is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But his remarks were accurate. American voters are stupid
Correction. American Democratic voters are stupid.
Nope!...95% of American voters are huge retards.

95% of the posters on this site are NOT huge retards...when it comes to being informed................regardless of how invalid opposing posters may interpret their opinions to be

He really does not need to apologize - he was saying what he believed to be fact.

Was it fact? Possibly, I do not think that ANYTIME you write a bill that you word it like "someone is going to have to fork over some serious cash."

I don't believe that Jake is ultra left, he's just tired of stupid people hijacking his party with crap issues -- like this one.

I just wonder if he and you are stupid enough to think we believe his apologetic BS.

Another dimension to this: No doubt Gruber and friends knew that a significant percentage of people out there were going to support this bill no matter what, and would dutifully provide plenty of support and interference for it.

Very useful, these people were.

Forum List

Back