Guess who was responsible for the USA being world's largest OIL producer?

Nope, Obama is right. His policies did increase oil and gas drilling and immensely increased production of both.

Where the OP gets it wrong, is in comparing the number of oil and gas leases under Bush and Obama. Obama cancelled a lot of old leases on low yield lands where the tenant had held the lands for years and wasn't drilling. The leases he granted were to lands which showed strong potential and where the lessee had a proven success record in drilling. The result was a much higher production yield on the leases he granted.

The Irony Of President Obama's Oil Legacy
Horseshit.

On Tuesday night, former President Barack Obama made a claim that was so transparently false and self-aggrandizing that it staggers the imagination just to think of the arrogance and audacity of the man. Speaking before a crowd at Rice University’s Baker Institute, which was celebrating its 25th anniversary, Obama claimed he was responsible for America’s surge to become the top oil and gas producer in the world, saying, That was me, people.”

"I was extraordinarily proud of the Paris Accords because, look, I know, I know we’re an oil country and we need American energy, and by the way American energy production. You wouldn’t always know it, but it went up every year I was president. And that whole, suddenly America’s like, the biggest oil producer and the biggest gas — that was me, people, I just wanted you to … so … so … it’s a little like sometimes you go to Wall Street and folks’ll be grumbling about anti-business and I said, “Have you checked where your stocks were when I came into office, where they are now? What are you talking, what are you complaining about?
Just say thank you, please. Because I want to raise your taxes a couple percent?

WATCH: Obama Brags, Makes Most Outrageous Statement Ever

This from the IDIOT who as president could do just one thing to affect whether the USA would be the leading oil producer or not. I'm shouting now! SIGN FEDERAL LAND OIL LEASES!
But here is the reality!
AND this is the SAME idiot that told Brazil..

“And when you’re ready to start selling, we want to be one of your best customers,”
said Obama to Brazil.
Obama Commits American Support to Brazilian Oil

Really and this idiot Obama has the stupidity to say "That was me people"
View attachment 231419

So you have an actual video so I can see him say that??

He is right, everyone has a mentor and someone who believes in them and they also use info by others. Its like a chain reaction and we all depend on one another. Trump didn't do it alone, he had major help from his daddy, the Russians and the Saudis, yet he said he did it on his own, LIE!

reread the OP.

Obama claimed HE did it.

I was just throwing his own words back at him,

IF he did it, he had a LOT of help

On Tuesday night, former President Barack Obama made a claim that was so transparently false and self-aggrandizing that it staggers the imagination just to think of the arrogance and audacity of the man. Speaking before a crowd at Rice University’s Baker Institute, which was celebrating its 25th anniversary, Obama claimed he was responsible for America’s surge to become the top oil and gas producer in the world, saying, That was me, people.”

"I was extraordinarily proud of the Paris Accords because, look, I know, I know we’re an oil country and we need American energy, and by the way American energy production. You wouldn’t always know it, but it went up every year I was president. And that whole, suddenly America’s like, the biggest oil producer and the biggest gas — that was me, people, I just wanted you to … so … so … it’s a little like sometimes you go to Wall Street and folks’ll be grumbling about anti-business and I said, “Have you checked where your stocks were when I came into office, where they are now? What are you talking, what are you complaining about?
Just say thank you, please. Because I want to raise your taxes a couple percent?

WATCH: Obama Brags, Makes Most Outrageous Statement Ever

This from the IDIOT who as president could do just one thing to affect whether the USA would be the leading oil producer or not. I'm shouting now! SIGN FEDERAL LAND OIL LEASES!
But here is the reality!
AND this is the SAME idiot that told Brazil..

“And when you’re ready to start selling, we want to be one of your best customers,”
said Obama to Brazil.
Obama Commits American Support to Brazilian Oil

Really and this idiot Obama has the stupidity to say "That was me people"
View attachment 231419
Obama was right about so many things. I even remember when Republicans called him naïve for saying he would take them Bin Laden. Then when he did, they tried to take credit for it. What a bunch a little pu$$ies.

I remember when Dem politicians shit themselves.

Gas prices had spiked under Obama due the Dem's war on oil, people started bitching about the high price of gas but Dem's refused to listen. UNTIL voters including many Dem voters ripped into Dem politicians about the high price of gas then Dem politicians fearing a voter backlash overnight started advocating drill baby drill right on que.

Naturally once things calmed down and gas prices lowered Dems broke all their drill baby drill promises and renewed their war on oil.

In reality gas prices spiked under Bush 43. It bounced back after the recession but never got as high again, yet.

U.S. All Grades All Formulations Retail Gasoline Prices (Dollars per Gallon)

Gas prices had spiked under Obama due the Dem's war on oil, people started bitching about the high price of gas but Dem's refused to listen. UNTIL voters including many Dem voters ripped into Dem politicians about the high price of gas then Dem politicians fearing a voter backlash overnight started advocating drill baby drill right on que.

Naturally once things calmed down and gas prices lowered Dems broke all their drill baby drill promises and renewed their war on oil.

In reality gas prices spiked under Bush 43. It bounced back after the recession but never got as high again, yet.

Your deflection is noted. And when Dem politicians shit themselves under Obama, did a 180 and advocated for more oil drilling? Got anything to say about that? No, we didn't think so. lol

What a bitch..

Nope, Obama is right. His policies did increase oil and gas drilling and immensely increased production of both.

Where the OP gets it wrong, is in comparing the number of oil and gas leases under Bush and Obama. Obama cancelled a lot of old leases on low yield lands where the tenant had held the lands for years and wasn't drilling. The leases he granted were to lands which showed strong potential and where the lessee had a proven success record in drilling. The result was a much higher production yield on the leases he granted.

Did you even read the article you cited, Dragonlady? It pointed out that oil and natural gas production DECREASED on the Federal land that Barack Obama had control of while at the same time INCREASED dramatically on private land that he had no control of! So the truth is...America increased it's oil and natural gas production DESPITE the Obama Administration...not because of it!

The fact that he thinks he can get away with making that claim without the media holding him up to ridicule shows just how much he still thinks he has them in his pocket!

What a bitch..

Did you even read the article you cited, Dragonlady? It pointed out that oil and natural gas production DECREASED on the Federal land that Barack Obama had control of while at the same time INCREASED dramatically on private land that he had no control of! So the truth is...America increased it's oil and natural gas production DESPITE the Obama Administration...not because of it!

Did you know that one of the first actions Obama took in 2009 was destroying a brand new coal mine in West Virginia? Obama was no friend to oil, gas, and coal. His policies and decisions were counter to America developing its energy resources. As you say they succeeded in spite of Obama not with his assistance. Its disgusting really that now the loser tries to claim credit for it.

The fact that he thinks he can get away with making that claim without the media holding him up to ridicule shows just how much he still thinks he has them in his pocket!

Ever since the fucker tried to take credit for Boeing in South Carolina after he fought tooth and nail against it..

Him , Eric holder and Hillary are the three biggest slime balls on the planet.

Unbelievable. CNN actually wrote a half-honest story.

In your article it points out DumBama had little to do with oil. Advanced technology in fracking is what caused the over supply, and even your article points out how DumBama placed more restrictions on it. Highlights from you article:

*Energy experts argue Obama's policies overall have neither been a positive nor a negative for oil production.

*Obama did place some restrictions on fracking, though he hasn't moved to ban the controversial tactic as Bernie Sanders and other environmentalists want.

*On the other hand, under Obama and the GOP-led Congress, the U.S. also removed the 40-year ban on crude oil exports, potentially allowing production to increase once prices rise.

So what this article is basically talking about is our great strides in oil production and trying to give that big-eared clown the credit simply because he didn't stop it. Obama is a liar.

Your deflection is noted. And when Dem politicians shit themselves under Obama, did a 180 and advocated for more oil drilling? Got anything to say about that? No, we didn't think so. lol

Calling out your lie that gas prices spiked under Obama is not a deflection. Production increased more due to crude oil prices rather than any thing the government did or didn't do.

Unbelievable. CNN actually wrote a half-honest story.

In your article it points out DumBama had little to do with oil. Advanced technology in fracking is what caused the over supply, and even your article points out how DumBama placed more restrictions on it. Highlights from you article:

*Energy experts argue Obama's policies overall have neither been a positive nor a negative for oil production.

*Obama did place some restrictions on fracking, though he hasn't moved to ban the controversial tactic as Bernie Sanders and other environmentalists want.

*On the other hand, under Obama and the GOP-led Congress, the U.S. also removed the 40-year ban on crude oil exports, potentially allowing production to increase once prices rise.

So what this article is basically talking about is our great strides in oil production and trying to give that big-eared clown the credit simply because he didn't stop it. Obama is a liar.
If he didn't stop it, then he helped it.

Oh, these Republicans. They just can't give Obama credit for the good things he did.

No wonder they want to take credit for taking down Bin Laden.

What a bitch..

So what is the point of the statement, OIL production rose IN SPITE
OF the sorriest sob to ever be called an American. It was due to private development opening closed leases, to shit in his face not by opening the government leases that oshitscum closed.

Forum List

Back