"Gun Appreciation Day" Didn't Work Out So Well,..

Nothing like placing the burden on the victim to make a split second decsion, and punish them if they make the "wrong" one.

The victim, in this case, illegally had a loaded weapon in his store. There was no split second decision to be made because the gun SHOULD have been in a locked box in his home. He was charged with attempted murder because the robber did not attack him at all, rather brandished the pocket knife in an effort to obtain cash.

In Canada, we value life over things. You cannot shoot someone to prevent him from stealing your stuff. Stuff is insured and can easily be replaced. Life cannot.

Too bad not all criminals agree with you.

Actually, it can be taken away any time the majority thinks it's a good idea.

There are no rights, only privilages, and you guys abused the privilage for the last time.

You just succinctly enunciated the moral code of a thug.

Not at all...

I'm just tired of watching kids die because you have a fetish...

ROFL! No, you'd rather watch innocent people die because they didn't have a gun to defend themselves.

You don't give a damn about kids dying.

That would assume that both countries have the same number of criminals.

Are you suggesting the US has 20 times more criminals than any other developed country?

That seems a rather bizarre claim.

Not at all. Canada doesn't have the vast government created ghettos the United States has. Just consider Detroit. Most of the city is uninhabitable because of all the crime.

No, Dragonlady is entirely correct, and this has been proven in extensive studies.

Wrong, she's full of shit. The study her theory is based on has been debunked 100 times in this forum.

Squealing "I don't want it be true" isn't debunking, guy.

Bebunking would be proving that Kellerman got his numbers wrong. He didn't.

For every bad guy shot, there were 39 suicides, and 4 domestic homicides.

Why ignore bad guys driven away without being shot?
Why include suicides?
Oh, right, because you're being a dishonest liberal.
But then I repeat myself.

Actually, it can be taken away any time the majority thinks it's a good idea.

There are no rights, only privilages, and you guys abused the privilage for the last time.

You just succinctly enunciated the moral code of a thug.

Not at all...

I'm just tired of watching kids die because you have a fetish...

Guns were banned in Chicago for many years.
I'm glad no children were killed here by guns during that time. :cuckoo:

Squeeling "I want it to be true" doesn't prove it's true, asshole.

The study was debunked numerous times in responses to your posts. You know it's a bogus study.

Now you are just outright lying.

For example, the number of bad guys shot isn't the appropriate metric. It's the number of times people have used guns to defend themselves. In most cases a gun in is never fired. Simply brandishing the weapon scares the bad guy away.

Of course, you know this already, but like all gun control fanatics you're a lying asshole

Actually, it is EXACTLY the appropriate metric.

How many times to guys in wifebeater teashirts threaten their families with guns. Both are "non-events"....

Facts - for every gun hat klls a bad guy 43 of them kill family members.

It's only "appropriate" to thugs spewing propaganda.

Your statitistic is bogus. Here's the explanation why:

Kellerman Debunked!

The fact that you keep spewing it into this forum shows you don't give a damn about the facts. but we already knew that.

The far right gun nuts thought a "gun appreciation day" would be a good idea to "stick it to Obama and da libs" though it backfired on them big time, literally.

Six different people were shot during the right winger's gun spank fest.

Keep it going GOP! 2014 keeps looking better and better! :clap2:

"Gun activists designated last Saturday “Gun Appreciation Day” in an attempt to highlight their opposition to gun safety laws. The PR stunt proved to be more of an embarrassment, however, when 5 people were shot at 3 different gun shows on Gun Appreciation Day.
On Friday afternoon, an Iowa gun dealer closed out the week by becoming the sixth person shot at a gun show. The man claims he was “showing off a .25 caliber pistol he thought was unloaded when he slid the action of the gun.” The gun was not unloaded, and a bullet went through his left palm."

For The Sixth Time In One Week, Man Shot At Gun Show | ThinkProgress

You're an idiot. Let me tell you something... My brother, and a bunch of his Democrat Union buddies attended a pro gun rally in New York State protesting Andrew Cuomo's midnight gun Legislation last week. You think you're dealing with gun nuts, when the reality is the gun control Freedom grab is dealing with people from all walks of life, and all political persuasions. He actually has a list of the politicians who voted for New York's gun ban, and even one of them said publicly that they might have made a mistake supporting the ban due to record number of complaints from both Democrats, and Republicans alike... The Lawsuits have begun in N.Y., and we'll see you at the voting booths in 2014.:D

Too bad not all criminals agree with you.

Given the homicide rate is lower in Canada - which country is doing better at stopping crims?

FactCheck.org : Gun Rhetoric vs. Gun Facts

Federal data also show violent crimes committed with guns — including murders, aggravated assaults and robberies — have declined for three straight years.

Here are some other facts. The United States has the highest rate of gun ownership in the world — by far. And it has the highest rate of homicides among advanced countries. And yet, gun crime has been declining in the U.S. Firearm murders are down, as is overall gun violence – even as gun ownership increases. Read our Analysis for more insight on what these statistics mean.

This was reported after Sandy Hook.

1185_526502707371599_1233220331_n.jpg

Ringel -

You are addressing a point no one made.

I agree that the homicide rate in the US has fallen considerably - but you are still in a position where Americans are 20 times more likely to be killed by a gun than citizens in 20 other major democracies.

THAT is the issue.

Forum List

Back