Gun death rates are the highest in mainly red states.

My point is people who should not have guns are those commiting crimes with guns.
There is no way of keeping guns out of the hands of everyone who should not have a gun but we need more regulation on who can have guns and requirements for those who own a gun.
Besides criminals, people who are clueless on owning, handling and storing guns result in many accidental shootings.
Why? You just admitted that legislation doesn't work. The one thing that DOES work, namely keeping violent criminals in prison, you leftists REFUSE to do.

So, how about we do the thing that actually works. And you people stop preventing that.

Keeping the Constitution in mind, what do you suggest?
The Constitution declares the right to bear arms not guns.. Guns are just one of the many arms available in today's world.
The purpose of the 2nd amendment was so citizens could possess all arms availabe. The need was two fold. One, there was no federal army. They needed to rely on armed citizens and state militias if nedded. That is no longer the case. The second reason was to be a check on a possible rogue government. If you are going to be able to stand up to a rogue federal government, you would need all the arms the government has. That intent has been lost over the years as arms became more deadly. If you want to have an unregulated 2nd ammendment, you should have no restrictions on the arms available. We have accepted regulations on arms starting in the 1800's. Putting regulations on guns for the greater good follows the regulations that have been put on arms through our history.
If anyone thinks they could fend off a rogue government with the guns availabe today, they are crazy.

The Constitution declares the right to bear arms not guns....
None of this has anything to do with what you said:
"...we need more regulation on who can have guns and requirements for those who own a gun."

I ask again:

Well?

See what happens when Oddball can't defend a Red State.
Cast Blame upon others.......the trump way.

"No, I don't take ANY responsibility at ALL." djt
See what happens when winco lies about where the crimes actually happen. The facts are quite easy to check. Almost all of those violent crimes happen within the deep blue shitholes you call home. Not in the red counties around those deep blue shitholes.

None of this has anything to do with what you said:
"...we need more regulation on who can have guns and requirements for those who own a gun."

I ask again:

Well?
My point is we have already put many regulations on arms. The 2nd amendment is not being followed to it's true intent for decades.
Putting some reasonable regulations on guns can follows case law on what the US has been doing for decades.
If you want to uphold the original intent of the 2nd amendment ask regulations be taken off all arms, not just guns.

My point is we have already put many regulations on arms...
You still have not addressed my question:

You said:

I ask again:

Well?

My point is we have already put many regulations on arms. The 2nd amendment is not being followed to it's true intent for decades.
Putting some reasonable regulations on guns can follows case law on what the US has been doing for decades.
If you want to uphold the original intent of the 2nd amendment ask regulations be taken off all arms, not just guns.
You are correct about the abridgment of the 2nd Amendment. Heller and Bruen are the beginning of the correction of those violations of the COTUS.

My point is people who should not have guns are those commiting crimes with guns.
There is no way of keeping guns out of the hands of everyone who should not have a gun but we need more regulation on who can have guns and requirements for those who own a gun.
Besides criminals, people who are clueless on owning, handling and storing guns result in many accidental shootings.

Wrong.....gun accidents are rare.....600 million guns in private hands over 22 million people carrying guns for self sefemse...and maybe 500 accidental gun deaths each year with the majority of those who cant legaly buy, own or carry guns in the first place...

We already have all the laws we need.

What we actually need is voting out rhe democrats who are the one driving our gun murder rates

Who said they were suicides?

Over 105,000 US citizens get shot every year.

Only 552 Criminals are killed by guns. 1,376 Criminals are shot by guns and survive.

Firearm suicides deaths: 26,328

That leaves over 75,000 innocent US citizens who get shot every year.
most are drug and gang related.... out of chicago and other dem run states/cities.

You still have not addressed my question:

You said:

I ask again:

Well?
I would like to see universal background checks. I would like to see limitations on some semi-automatic guns. Restrictions like the restrictions that we have on machine guns.
I would like to see mandatory gun training. We mandate training and licensing for driving cars. Maybe not that strict but similar.

If I had my choice btween having an automobile or a gun for my personal safety. I would take an automobile. If automobiles were arounf in the 1700's there may have been the right to own a vehicle in the Constitution.

1703804838758.png

Wrong.....gun accidents are rare.....600 million guns in private hands over 22 million people carrying guns for self sefemse...and maybe 500 accidental gun deaths each year with the majority of those who cant legaly buy, own or carry guns in the first place...

We already have all the laws we need.

What we actually need is voting out rhe democrats who are the one driving our gun murder rates
I am saying training and education not laws, in this case.
How can you be against training and educatuion.

you're perfectly fine to take european points of view if it aligns with what you want.
One person does not represent European opinion.

What is required is a statistically significant population surveyed and analyzed.

I am saying training and education not laws, in this case.
How can you be against training and educatuion.

Im not....I support getting as much training as you can afford.

I oppose
mandatory training requirememts that are simply used to keep normal people from owning and carrying guns to protect their families.

Im not....I support getting as much training as you can afford.

I oppose
mandatory training requirememts that are simply used to keep normal people from owning and carrying guns to protect their families.
The problem is those who need the most training are too stupid to get the training.

I would like to see universal background checks.
I would like to see limitations on some semi-automatic guns. Restrictions like the restrictions that we have on machine guns.
I would like to see mandatory gun training. We mandate training and licensing for driving cars.
Given the relevant holdings from the USSC since 2008 why do you believe any of these are constitutional?

Forum List

Back