Gun death rates are the highest in mainly red states.

Given the relevant holdings from the USSC since 2008 why do you believe any of these are constitutional?
Based on case law.

Simplest exanple is below.

Since 1934, Congress has strictly regulated the manufacture, transfer, and possession of machine guns. The firearms are regulated by the 1934 National Firearms Act (NFA) (26 USC § 5801 et seq.) and the 1968 Gun Control Act as amended by the 1986 Firearms Owners' Protection Act (18 USC § 921 et seq.)

Also ATF legal regulations on many arms.

Gun death rates are the highest in mainly red states. I would assume these states have fewer gun restrictions.
I would have thought states like New York, Illinois and California have the highest gun death rates based on the news.
It is Montana, Wyoming, Louisiana, New Mexico, Mississippi and Alabama. All but New Mexico are red states

FT_23.04.20_GunDeathsUpdate_4.png

We need "Sensible gun laws" Like Hitler's Germany where Progressive disarm the groups they love to mass murder, right?

Last edited:
Based on case law.

Simplest exanple is below.

Since 1934, Congress has strictly regulated the manufacture, transfer, and possession of machine guns. The firearms are regulated by the 1934 National Firearms Act (NFA) (26 USC § 5801 et seq.) and the 1968 Gun Control Act as amended by the 1986 Firearms Owners' Protection Act (18 USC § 921 et seq.)

Also ATF legal regulations on many arms.

And there is serious movement to repeal the NFA. The original case was lost by the Feds, so they appealed, and neglected to inform Miller's lawyers, thus, when the appeal was heard, there was no opposition.

The more you learn....

We need "Sensible gun laws" Like Hitler's Germany where Progressive disarm the groups they love to mas murder, right?
Do you think our government is capable of confiscating over 400 million guns.
If you think owning guns will protect you from the government, if they want to come after you, you are crazy.

Nobody is saying get rid of guns. The idea is regulations and training that may prevewnt some of those who should not have guns do not have them.

At the end of the day, if someone really wants a gun, in the USA, they can get it and that will not change. It is putting some hurdles for those who should not have guns make it more difficult.

And there is serious movement to repeal the NFA. The original case was lost by the Feds, so they appealed, and neglected to inform Miller's lawyers, thus, when the appeal was heard, there was no opposition.

The more you learn....
There are many laws and regulations that would need to be appealed.
If you want freedom to own arms get your ass in gear and don't just focus on guns. Guns will not get you too far in a battle with the government.

Can you break it down a little more. Who's doing all this shooting?
ANNUAL GUN VIOLENCE IMPACTING PEOPLE IN THE U.S. Every year, 117,345 people are shot. Among those:

42,654 people die from gun violence
16,651 are murdered
76,725 people survive gunshot injuries
34,566 are intentionally shot by someone else and survive
24,569 die from gun suicide
3,554 survive an attempted gun suicide
503 killed unintentionally
552 are killed by legal intervention
1,376 are shot by legal intervention and survive
379 die but the intent was unknown
4,471 are shot and survive but the intent is unknown
547 women are killed by their husband or male dating partner

Based on case law.
That's Heller, McDonald, Caetano and Bruen.
Please copy/paste the text from the holdings of these cases which lead you to believe any of the restriction you want are constitutional

Example from Bruen:
In District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U. S. 570, and McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U. S. 742, the Court held that the Second and Fourteenth Amendments protect an individual right to keep and bear arms for self-defense. Under Heller, when the Second Amendment’s plain text covers an individual’s conduct, the Constitution presumptively protects that conduct, and to justify a firearm regulation the government must demonstrate that the regulation is consistent with the Nation’s historical tradition of firearm regulation

Last edited:
If you think owning guns will protect you from the government, if they want to come after you, you are crazy.

Nobody is saying get rid of guns. The idea is regulations and training that may prevewnt some of those who should not have guns do not have them.

At the end of the day, if someone really wants a gun, in the USA, they can get it and that will not change. It is putting some hurdles for those who should not have guns make it more difficult.

So you acknowledge that the ONLY people that will be affected by gun laws are the law abiding.

Thus you will in fact make it easier for the criminals to commit their crimes.

Don't you think that is dumb?

There are many laws and regulations that would need to be appealed.
If you want freedom to own arms get your ass in gear and don't just focus on guns. Guns will not get you too far in a battle with the government.
Tell that to the Rumanians who overthrew their government starting out with single shot .22 pistols.

You are factually and historically wrong.

The problem is those who need the most training are too stupid to get the training.

Ane yet 600 million guns in private hands, over 22 million Americans carrying guns for self defense...

Accidental gun deaths?

Cars killed 42,339 in 2020......

I guess that means we need to ban cars....

I would like to see universal background checks. I would like to see limitations on some semi-automatic guns. Restrictions like the restrictions that we have on machine guns.
I would like to see mandatory gun training. We mandate training and licensing for driving cars. Maybe not that strict but similar.

If I had my choice btween having an automobile or a gun for my personal safety. I would take an automobile. If automobiles were arounf in the 1700's there may have been the right to own a vehicle in the Constitution.

What do Universal background checks actually do....?

You guys love the sound of that, but you never explain how it stops mass public shooters or criminals.......

Why semi-automatic guns? Why just "some of them?" Since they all operate the same way/

Mandatory training is just one way the Europeans keep everyone but the rich in their countries from owning guns.....

You spew these anti-gun stupidities.....and either have no idea what they are actually for....what the anti-gun extremists want them for....or you are evil and know that they are simply meant to increase the legal peril for normal citizens.

Yeah....you are nothing more than a useful idiot for the irrational, anti-gun extremists....

That's Heller, McDonald, Caetano and Bruen.
Please copy/paste the text from the holdings of these cases which lead you to believe any of the restriction you want are constitutional

Example from Bruen:
In District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U. S. 570, and McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U. S. 742, the Court held that the Second and Fourteenth Amendments protect an individual right to keep and bear arms for self-defense. Under Heller, when the Second Amendment’s plain text covers an individual’s conduct, the Constitution presumptively protects that conduct, and to justify a firearm regulation the government must demonstrate that the regulation is consistent with the Nation’s historical tradition of firearm regulation
You are begging the question.

Look at the real world. You cannot own a machine gun except for very certain circumstances. Laws in place.

If they can pass a law that resrticts machine guns, they can pass a law to resrtict semi-automatic weapons.

Looka t the regulations on more deadly arms through the ATF.

Our country severly limits the arms citizens can possess as do most countries.

Are you a felon or someone who could be a danger to your self or others.

What do Universal background checks actually do....?

You guys love the sound of that, but you never explain how it stops mass public shooters or criminals.......

Why semi-automatic guns? Why just "some of them?" Since they all operate the same way/

Mandatory training is just one way the Europeans keep everyone but the rich in their countries from owning guns.....

You spew these anti-gun stupidities.....and either have no idea what they are actually for....what the anti-gun extremists want them for....or you are evil and know that they are simply meant to increase the legal peril for normal citizens.
You are paranoid. You trust nothing. Everything scares you. You think the government wil come get you. Ridiculous. You think if the governemtn comes to get you, if you had a gun you could hold them off. More ridiculous.

The real world is not nearly as scary as people like you think.

Fear rules your life.

ANNUAL GUN VIOLENCE IMPACTING PEOPLE IN THE U.S. Every year, 117,345 people are shot. Among those:

16,651 are murdered

And all of that is bullshit.......

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop rapes, robberies, murders, beatings and stabbings......which means 1.1 million people who are not victims of the criminals the democrat party keeps releasing from prison.

600 million guns in private hands......over 22 million people can legally carry guns for self defense.........

Can you tell which numbers are bigger than your list?

The 547 women are not killed because of guns....they are murdered because they shacked up with violent men.....criminals, drug dealers, drug addicts, alcoholics....and without guns, they would still be dead......

And you failed to link to your stats by the way...you dumb ass.....

600 million guns, over 22 million people carrying guns for self defense....

And according to the CDC 535 accidental gun deaths in 2020........out of over 350 million people....

And the gun suicides do not count.......Japan, South Korea, china have higher suicide rates than we do, and they have extreme gun control, as do many countries in Europe and Canada...

Well you bullshit to joe biden voters...they are the only ones stupid enough to buy it...

You are paranoid. You trust nothing. Everything scares you. You think the government wil come get you. Ridiculous. You think if the governemtn comes to get you, if you had a gun you could hold them off. More ridiculous.

Fear rules your life.

You're the one begging for useless laws to make you feel safer.

We are fine.

YOU, are the coward.

Fear rules your life.

Tell that to the Jews on Oct. 7...........or the people murdered by the democrat party brown shirts, blm and antifa in 2020........

You truly are an idiot.

My point is people who should not have guns are those commiting crimes with guns.
There is no way of keeping guns out of the hands of everyone who should not have a gun but we need more regulation on who can have guns and requirements for those who own a gun.
Besides criminals, people who are clueless on owning, handling and storing guns result in many accidental shootings.
We have all the tools needed to reduce gun violence, but like anything else we have to use them. To understand the problem, you need to understand how people operate.

I would like to see universal background checks. I would like to see limitations on some semi-automatic guns. Restrictions like the restrictions that we have on machine guns.
I would like to see mandatory gun training. We mandate training and licensing for driving cars. Maybe not that strict but similar.

If I had my choice btween having an automobile or a gun for my personal safety. I would take an automobile. If automobiles were arounf in the 1700's there may have been the right to own a vehicle in the Constitution.
You don't get to the north pole by marching off to the east or west. If you want to reduce gun violence you start by actually waging a war on drugs. This means arrest and compulsory treatment in a secured facility for addicts.

16,651 are murdered
Thanks, that's a good start. Now how about an abstract or brief of each case. That's the only way to really understand the issue. I did this once with a limited number of gun death abstracts. Very enlightening.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back