Gun deaths now leading cause of death for children in America.

Statistically the number of firearm deaths does not appear in the top five accidental deaths among children. The number #1 is automobile deaths and #2 is drowning followed by suffocation and fire. Firearm deaths come into the picture among violent adolescents and gang related criminal activity as well as drug induced deaths by suicide.

Your are easily able to die because someone shot you into your leg with a war weapon - what nearly never would happen with a weapon which is constructed for hunting for example.
Just for your information, every centrefire rifle I've used for hunting or target shooting was originally a weapon of war. For example, Lee Enfield SMLE .303 British, Husqvarna Swedish Mauser 6.5 x55mm, BRNO small ring Mauser 7x57mm. Anyone shot in the leg with one of those could easily die.

Just for your information, every centrefire rifle I've used for hunting or target shooting was originally a weapon of war.

Why this?

For example, Lee Enfield SMLE .303 British, Husqvarna Swedish Mauser 6.5 x55mm, BRNO small ring Mauser 7x57mm. Anyone shot in the leg with one of those could easily die.

Hmmm ... no idea what this is ... Wrong amunition? ... do you slaughter or do you hunt? ... and did you ever study how to hunt with a falcon? ...

-----

PS: Do you think one day will exist animals which you will have to hunt with 750 shoots per minute? As far as I know my grandpa hunted with such a rifle - and such a rifle never had been a war weapon:

Merkel_Doppelbuechsdrilling_961LS_Jagd_li_01.jpg

Merkel_Gewehre_Drillinge_01_1920x655.jpg

Last edited:
PS: Do you think one day will exist animals which you will have to hunt with 750 shoots per minute?

Those days are already here, the animals walk on two feet instead of four, and no, I'm not talking about monkeys in the jungle.

My not existing weapons for example. The construction of a war weapon is totally different from the construction of any other weapon - what you immediatelly will find out when you try to sell the meat of a rabbit which you hunted with a war weapon - if you will find the meat.

I see only how stupid you are. Your are easily able to die because someone shot you into your leg with a war weapon - what nearly never would happen with a weapon which is constructed for hunting for example.
You are so full of shit it's beyond laughable. There is no difference in how hunting rifles and military rifles are constructed.

The Mauser Bolt action K98 became the standards for bolt action rifles for hunting and and target shooting and it's variants still dominate the the bolt action gun industry the world over.

A 9mm or .38spl is just as likely to kill you as the 5.56 if you are shot in the leg and the femoral artery or vein are severed.

Shoot the rabbit in the head and it doesn't matter if you hit him with a .17hmr or .375 RUM, he's just as dead either way and you still have the same amount of meat to cook.

You should spend a lot less time talking out of your ass and making a fool of yourself.

PS: Do you think one day will exist animals which you will have to hunt with 750 shoots per minute? As far as I know my grandpa hunted with such a rifle - and such a rifle never had been a war weapon:
The rate of fire is equal to how many times you pull the trigger in one minute.

Both double and single barreled rifles and shotguns have been used at different times by troops and militias against enemy forces.

You should spend a lot less time talking out of your ass and making a fool of yourself.

I see the problems in a traditional way which is perhaps much more near to the way how your founding fathers saw all this problems. A traditional free city with free citizens in the middle ages had a weapon chamber and everyone in the city had a military training. So in case someone attacked the city all people were called to the weapons (= "Alarm" (all arms)) and everyone knew the own position and what to do with what kind of weapon. This system had been very good - specially also because normally never the citizens had their own weapons - but this system is obsolete.

Today we have a system of national states, different unions and live in a time with intercontinental rockets with a power up to 6500 Hiroshima bombs and hyperspeed torpedos which travel on their own about 10,000 km and can cause a tsunami with the energy of 2x6500 Hiroshima bombs which will easily flood a big part of a coast. And it exist such heavy weapons to destroy the whole planet some dozen times. In the firsts day of such a war will die hundreds of millions - perhaps billions - of people and later the living will envy the dead.

And even in case of a conventional attack of a little group of some thousand soldiers: What to do against their combat experiences and modern weapons like satelite communication, night vision and warmth devices, drones and so on ...?

Your pseudo-romanticism - which I call weapon fetishism - is in the most harmless case a touching naivity - an illusion or delusion of security or a drug like nonsense - but in a worst case scenario extremely dangerous for a peaceful living society.

And "yes" - the answer is "yes". Give the monopol and responsibility to use violence with weapons in public to the governments which are under control of the voters.
Should the government have all the guns?

Also not a cowboy? Not a sport marksman? Not a detective and not a policeman? ... So what for do you need a weapon? ...
Because I cannot trust the police or the government to protect me or my wife.

Last edited:
You are so full of shit it's beyond laughable.

If you think so - what you perhaps not really do - propagandist of hate.

There is no difference in how hunting rifles and military rifles are constructed.

It is. But this I will not "discuss" with you now becauese it is not very important. Everyone knows what's a war weapon and what are other weapons - except he plays to be an idiot on whatever level of idiocy.

The Mauser Bolt action K98 became the standards for bolt action rifles for hunting and and target shooting and it's variants still dominate the the bolt action gun industry the world over.

A 9mm or .38spl is just as likely to kill you as the 5.56 if you are shot in the leg and the femoral artery or vein are severed.

Shoot the rabbit in the head and it doesn't matter if you hit him with a .17hmr or .375 RUM, he's just as dead either way and you still have the same amount of meat to cook.

Kill it with a CAR-15 - while you think the horned rabbit is a devilish demon.

You have not to show to me continuously that you need weapons to survive a talk about senseful and strict weapon laws.

Last edited:
Because I cannot trust the police or the government to protect me or my wife.

The strange thing: Many US-Americans seem to think the same. But why? It are your people. And when I take a look at "the Germinator" in TV then I see a strong Texanian policeman of high quality who always tries to do everything in the very best of all possible ways. And I have the feeling all of your policemen are in their deep hearts like he. I'm sure they like to protect you and your wife.

Whatever: I doubt that you have a war weapon to defend your family - and I hope you are also aware that an own weapon is also always dangerous for the own person and the own family and anyone else. Example: A short time ago a brother visited his brother. They talked - so his 2 years old son studied what he had in his backpack. He found something interesting. It shot him into the head. They reached a clinic very fast. 4 hours later the son was dead. Weapons are dangerous - always - in every little moment. The use of weapons needs strict - very strict - rules.

Last edited:
The strange thing: Many US-Americans seem to think the same. But why? It are your people. And when I take a look at "the Germinator" in TV then I see a strong Texanian policeman of high quality who always tries to do everything in the very best of all possible ways. And I have the feeling all of your policemen are in their deep hearts like he. I'm sure they like to protect you and your wife.

Whatever: I doubt that you have a war weapon to defend your family - and I hope you are also aware that an own weapon is also always dangerous for the own person and the own family and anyone else. Example: A short time ago a brother visited his brother. They talked - so his 2 years old son studied what he had in his backpack. He found something interesting. It shot him into the head. They reached a clinic very fast. 4 hours later the son was dead. Weapons are dangerous - always - in every little moment. The use of weapons needs strict - very strict - rules.
You do know that television shows are not real life don't you?

The Supreme Court has ruled that no police force has any legal obligation to come to the aid of any person who calls them for help. I happen to live quite far from any police stations and it would most likely take 30 minutes or more for any police to get to me if they come at all.

So if the police have no legal obligation to protect the public, then who can I rely on besides myself?

You have not to show to me continuously that you need weapons to survive a talk about senseful and strict weapon laws.

Why should anyone have to prove anything to you? My rights are not granted by you. You're not American so I understand your confusion as to what inalienable rights actually are.

It's 2am, you hear someone breaking into your house, what is your best defense?

A telephone to dial 911 or a gun?

When seconds count, police are minutes away.

Forum List

Back