Gun maker Colt files for bankruptcy amid tough US market

IronFist

May 26, 2015
Gun maker Colt files for bankruptcy amid tough US market - BBC News
Rest in peace Colt, you had nice guns. Sadly you won't be able to supply Americans with guns anymore. Well it's not like it is something sad, there are plenty of gun makers to produce handguns and assault rifles. But Colt is the legend, Python is probably the most well known revolver in the world. Apart from that, it's not a big loss. I wonder who is going to buy their company.

Yeah...happy day...meanwhile Chinese government owned manufactures are doing just fine thanks to illegally dumping the markets with underpriced equivalents.
Awesome. Yet another plant of well paid American jobs lost to foreign government subsidized alternatives, many times sold less than the cost to manufacture during the illegal dumping phase.
But not to worry, this helps the top 7% wealthy make more money while investing in the above companies.
Another example of how/why the top 7% since 2009 have lavished in an amazing 33% earnings increase while the rest of us WORKING Americans have lost 5%.
Great day for America indeed.

UAW unionized Colt average wage and bennies about $70 per hour, for doing little more than putting nuts on bolts. no wonder maufacturers have all left the US

Rest in peace Colt, you had nice guns. Sadly you won't be able to supply Americans with guns anymore. Well it's not like it is something sad, there are plenty of gun makers to produce handguns and assault rifles. But Colt is the legend, Python is probably the most well known revolver in the world. Apart from that, it's not a big loss. I wonder who is going to buy their company.

Awww, sucks when everybody's too nice huh? :)

I thought guns were selling like hot cakes.

Not all guns are Colts.

Like Winchester, quality decline lead to this, nothing else.

You do realize that merely filing for bankruptcy does not mean the company is necessarily going out of business don't you?

How many times have Ford and GM filed for bankruptcy?

They are coming across the open border that the far left wants..

Those criminals are being well armed thanks to far left policies..

Not all guns are Colts.

Like Winchester, quality decline lead to this, nothing else.
Yes, I have a S & W.

Guns are not flowing into this country, you know....However, they ARE flowing out.

Guns are not flowing into this country, you know....However, they ARE flowing out.

Yep those AK-47's that are popular with gangs and drug dealers are made in the USA..

Yes the far left supports and open border and they want to take the guns away form the US citizen, they want to disarm the police an the military, and support that only the criminals should be armed..

What makes you think that they are going away?
They did it in 1992 and came out of it just fine 2 years later.

My favorite handguns. God knows I contributed to the cause. The 1911 is more famous than the Python and Colt is the original.

Bankruptcy is not the end of the world.....GM is still in business. So is American Airlines which recovered from bankruptcy to buy a formerly bankrupt US Airways to become the largest carrier in the US..

Forum List

Back