Gun rights activists put 3d plans for guns online

Guess what? For all you naysayers that said 3D guns were worthless because they can't fire more than one round without breaking, that problem has been solved.

Now there are bullets that won't break your 3D printed gun

Eventually, though, Crumling figured it out. With a shell both thicker and longer than a traditional bullet, Crumling's ammo looks more like a shotgun shell than a bullet. That signature look, though, is the secret sauce. When the 3D gun's trigger is pulled and the hammer hits the back of the bullet, the gunpowder charge is ignited just as it would be in a regular gun. In this case, however, the bullet itself contains and channels the explosion, helping to protect the plastic housing of the 3D printed gun.

So instead of someone passing a background check, it just needs to be a guy with access to a 3-d printer in order to have a gun. A gun that would get through security, as well (although I don't know how the bullets would).
Can you not see how something might go wrong here?
Indeed something COULD go wrong but people buy guns illegally every day and do bad things with them...the people building these will be more of the people who don't think government has the right to control EVERY aspect of their life and don't need to know who owns what guns and how many etc..that's merely to use for confiscation eventually.

So instead of someone passing a background check, it just needs to be a guy with access to a 3-d printer in order to have a gun. A gun that would get through security, as well (although I don't know how the bullets would).
Can you not see how something might go wrong here?
Indeed something COULD go wrong but people buy guns illegally every day and do bad things with them...the people building these will be more of the people who don't think government has the right to control EVERY aspect of their life and don't need to know who owns what guns and how many etc..that's merely to use for confiscation eventually.
So tell me about the bullets. Yes, I read what was in your link but are they metal? So they would still set off a metal detector? And did I also read somewhere that the gun only holds one bullet?

I see that, OldLady, but I honestly do not think the government should restrict the manufacture of such weapons by private individuals.

If it means every bit of personal luggage needs to be searched before getting on a place OR all luggage goes into the Checked Bins for transport, well, okey-dokey then.

Forum List

Back