Gunman at DC Navy Yard shoots at least 7

I think the threat of being shot by a crazy or some criminal greatly outweighs any ban.

I disagree- Acceptable risk to live in a free country backed by Bill of Rights

-Geaux

You think your more likely to have your gun taken by a Nazi than be shot by a criminal? I don't think either are that likely, but the nazi thing definitely less likely.

Either way, that is unacceptable risk for me which is why I choose to be armed

-Geaux

I disagree- Acceptable risk to live in a free country backed by Bill of Rights

-Geaux

You think your more likely to have your gun taken by a Nazi than be shot by a criminal? I don't think either are that likely, but the nazi thing definitely less likely.

Either way, that is unacceptable risk for me which is why I choose to be armed

-Geaux

Of course it is, your not dead yet right?

We have got to start locking up crazy people again:

"Alarmed by Alexis’s behavior--and concerned about possible “Naval Base implications”--a Newport police sergeant faxed a copy of the department’s report to naval station police. A Navy cop--whose name is redacted from the Newport Police Department report--advised that they “would follow up on this subject and determine if he is in fact, a naval contractor.”

Washington Gunman Recently Told Cops He Was Being Bombarded By Microwave Signals That Kept Him Awake At Night | The Smoking Gun

Kind of hard to do that when you Wingnuts are slashing the shit out of medical help for poor people.

Besides being unconstitutional to lock people up against their will, the money isn't there to do it, anyway.

I would rather money go toward locking up criminals than to go to immigration, Obamacare, head start, welfare et al,... Oh, the money is there, it's just our priorities are screwed up

-Geaux

We weren't talking about locking up criminals. We were talking about locking up the mentally ill. Being sick isn't a crime.

And we spend 900 Billion a year locking up people, more than any country in the world.

So the question you guys never answer, with 2 million people locked up and 300 million guns in circulation, why don't any of you feel particularly safe?

You don't like the second? Get an amendment made and passed. Pretty simple concept.

I love the second amendment

It allows Americans to go out and buy any weapon they choose when they feel like shooting up a Navy Base, school, movie theater or mall
Look, massacres are not easy.....you need the proper weapons

And yet the largest mass murder in US history was accomplished with a gallon of gasoline. I say we ban all fuels, let's go back to the bronze age! Who's with me!

Yea....but you know?

You don't get the satisfaction with gasoline that you get by squeezing off round after round as your fellow citizens scamper about. If you are going to commit a massacre you have to do it with style. Combat uniform, kick ass looking gun, large capacity magazine

The problem is that our gun owners like to look badass too. So we have to make sure they can look the part when they play Rambo

Last edited:
Kind of hard to do that when you Wingnuts are slashing the shit out of medical help for poor people.

Besides being unconstitutional to lock people up against their will, the money isn't there to do it, anyway.

I would rather money go toward locking up criminals than to go to immigration, Obamacare, head start, welfare et al,... Oh, the money is there, it's just our priorities are screwed up

-Geaux

We weren't talking about locking up criminals. We were talking about locking up the mentally ill. Being sick isn't a crime.

And we spend 900 Billion a year locking up people, more than any country in the world.

So the question you guys never answer, with 2 million people locked up and 300 million guns in circulation, why don't any of you feel particularly safe?

Being mentally ill can be an adjudicated condition, where the person's rights such as freedom of movement and right to bear arms can be suspended until such time as they are no longer a threat to themselves or society.

They key is that the person has to have thier say in front of a judge.

From police reports reporting the crime.

-Geaux

So shouldn't the gun owner who got it stolen be held responsible for any crimes committed with that gun?

LMAO- Of course not. So now the victim is the criminal? Please.... you have to be kidding right?

-Geaux

So they have a gun to protect themselves and their belonging right? But if they are irresponsible enough to actually get the gun stolen you don't think they should be held responsible? Amazing. Clearly guns aren't working for protecting if the guns are being stolen.

If having the most guns makes you safest we would be the safest country in the world.

If locking up the most criminals made you safest we would still be the safest country in the world:
Prisoners per capita statistics - Countries compared - NationMaster

Neither seems to be working.

Lock them up longer

You are 30% less likely to be murdered in the USA than in rest of the world.

-Geaux

And drastically more likely when compared to the developed world. Any country that is really comparable has a much lower homicide rate. I guess you'd compare us to an economically and politically stable country like Ethiopia?

Of course it is, your not dead yet right?

No, because I'm armed

-Geaux

There are a lot of dead people who were armed. I believe it actually increases your chances of being shot.
Investigating the Link Between Gun Possession and Gun Assault

Those statistics include gang bangers, criminals being shot by police, so on... Let me get you the information on defensive gun use by law abiding citizens

-Geaux

If having the most guns makes you safest we would be the safest country in the world.

If locking up the most criminals made you safest we would still be the safest country in the world:

Lock them up longer

-Geaux

And drastically more likely when compared to the developed world. Any country that is really comparable has a much lower homicide rate. I guess you'd compare us to an economically and politically stable country like Ethiopia?

So it's not the gun that is the root cause? It's the culture?

Interesting

-Geaux

Lock them up longer

-Geaux

Wait- I think I have heard Obama use 'The rest of the world' in many of his justifications, not just the developed world.

Your sounding kind of racist here

-Geaux

No, because I'm armed

-Geaux

There are a lot of dead people who were armed. I believe it actually increases your chances of being shot.
Investigating the Link Between Gun Possession and Gun Assault

Those statistics include gang bangers, criminals being shot by police, so on... Let me get you the information on defensive gun use by law abiding citizens

-Geaux

As promised. Dated but relevant. I will get you updated numbers

-Geaux

https://www.gunowners.org/sk0802htm.htm

* Guns used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense. Law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year -- or about 6,850 times a day. [1] This means that each year, firearms are used more than 80 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives. [2]

* Of the 2.5 million times citizens use their guns to defend themselves every year, the overwhelming majority merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers. Less than 8% of the time, a citizen will kill or wound his/her attacker.[3]

* As many as 200,000 women use a gun every year to defend themselves against sexual abuse.[4]

* Even anti-gun Clinton researchers concede that guns are used 1.5 million times annually for self-defense. According to the Clinton Justice Department, there are as many as 1.5 million cases of self-defense every year. The National Institute of Justice published this figure in 1997 as part of "Guns in America" -- a study which was authored by noted anti-gun criminologists Philip Cook and Jens Ludwig.[5]

* Armed citizens kill more crooks than do the police. Citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as police do every year (1,527 to 606).[6] And readers of Newsweek learned that "only 2 percent of civilian shootings involved an innocent person mistakenly identified as a criminal. The 'error rate' for the police, however, was 11 percent, more than five times as high."[7]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back