Guns Everywhere? Sounds good to me

I am sure the cops and robbers will enjoy the new law.

cops are for it, robbers now no longer have an armed advantage
Absolutely. Criminals will think twice before attempting to commit a gun related crime if they know that there's a good chance that they will be met with armed resistance.

States with high levels of gun ownership, generally have lower gun related murders. In the chart below, the District of Columbia with the lowest rate of gun ownership (3.6%), has the highest rate of gun murders (16.5%). Wyoming with the highest rate of gun ownership (59.7%) has one of the lowest rates of gun murders (0.9%).

gun_ownership_murder_rates.jpg

Gun violence in the United States by state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vermont and Utah have lower ownership and lower rate of gun murder. Your theory seems flawed.

cops are for it, robbers now no longer have an armed advantage
Absolutely. Criminals will think twice before attempting to commit a gun related crime if they know that there's a good chance that they will be met with armed resistance.

States with high levels of gun ownership, generally have lower gun related murders. In the chart below, the District of Columbia with the lowest rate of gun ownership (3.6%), has the highest rate of gun murders (16.5%). Wyoming with the highest rate of gun ownership (59.7%) has one of the lowest rates of gun murders (0.9%).

Vermont and Utah have lower ownership and lower rate of gun murder. Your theory seems flawed.
That is not correct. Vermont and Utah have one of the highest gun ownership rates at 42% and 43.9% respectively.

Vermont is one of the more gun friendly states, as it does not require a permit of any kind for open nor concealed carry.

People carrying firearms in bars where they are getting drunk is real smart.

Is getting drunk the purpose of going to a bar?

I go to bars to socialize with my friends and have a few drinks, getting drunk is not intended nor welcomed. Some of us are responsible with alcohol but I'm sure that's a hard concept for you to grasp.

I hope you have a designated driver when you hit a bar.

I go to bars to socialize with my friends and have a few drinks, getting drunk is not intended nor welcomed. Some of us are responsible with alcohol but I'm sure that's a hard concept for you to grasp.

Guns and alcohol are not a good mixture, intelligent people are aware of this.

That is not correct. Vermont and Utah have one of the highest gun ownership rates at 42% and 43.9% respectively.

Vermont is one of the more gun friendly states, as it does not require a permit of any kind for open nor concealed carry.

Sorry I ment relative to Wyoming. If your theory were true they would have a higer rate of gun crime because ownership is much lower than Wyoming.

How about New Hampshire?

Louisiana definitely kills your theory.

I don't see a problem with it. But I'm assuming people would be more responsible knowing that at anytime someone in the place could pull a pistol out and start shooting.

An armed society is a polite society.

I don't see a problem with it. But I'm assuming people would be more responsible knowing that at anytime someone in the place could pull a pistol out and start shooting.

Most polite societies are not armed. Guess America is not a polite society.

Sorry I ment relative to Wyoming. If your theory were true they would have a higer rate of gun crime because ownership is much lower than Wyoming.

How about New Hampshire?

Wyoming has the most legal gun owners per capita at 59.7%. More than Vermont and Utah.

I don't think you know what the fuck you're talking about.

Most polite societies are not armed. Guess America is not a polite society.

That's a matter of opinion.

How about New Hampshire?

Wyoming has the most legal gun owners per capita at 59.7%. More than Vermont and Utah.

Your stupid never ends. So why doesn't Wyoming have the lowest crime rate. Many on the list have less ownership and lower crime. That doesn't work with his theory.

How about New Hampshire?

Your stupid never ends. So why doesn't Wyoming have the lowest crime rate. Many on the list have less ownership and lower crime. That doesn't work with his theory.

Wyoming's crime rate is lower than the National Average and they have the most legal gun owners per capita.

Wyoming has 60% gun ownership, and their crime rate is among the lowest in the US.

The murder rate in Wyoming from 2000-2010 was 1.9 per 100,000 population, which is lower than many countries in Europe. Violent crime rates in Wyoming rank in the bottom six for the US.

You must enjoy getting pwned.

Wyoming's crime rate is lower than the National Average and they have the most legal gun owners per capita.

Wyoming has 60% gun ownership, and their crime rate is among the lowest in the US.

The murder rate in Wyoming from 2000-2010 was 1.9 per 100,000 population, which is lower than many countries in Europe. Violent crime rates in Wyoming rank in the bottom six for the US.

New Hampshire has a much lower ownership rate and crime rate. The theory doesn't hold. You have owned nothing. Sorry. Oh and Louisiana has high ownership and highest crime rate of states on the chart.

Guns have little to do with it, Wyoming has no big cities. I just looked at a list of largest US cities and got past 200 without ever finding one in Wyoming.

New Hampshire has a much lower ownership rate and crime rate. The theory doesn't hold. You have owned nothing. Sorry. Oh and Louisiana has high ownership and highest crime rate of states on the chart.

Let's recap. First you mentioned Vermont and Utah and was wrong. Then you mentioned Wyoming and was wrong. So now you're moving on to a fourth state, New Hampshire a state that has fewer gun control laws than other states. Unlike in California or New York, there is no permitting process for purchases and no state registration or licensing of firearms.

New Hampshire has a median population of gun owners with 30 percent. There are ten states below median populations of gun owners, California and New York at 21.3 and 18 percent respectively being two of them.

Guns have little to do with it, Wyoming has no big cities. I just looked at a list of largest US cities and got past 200 without ever finding one in Wyoming.

So you keep getting pwned when referencing states, so now you move to "largest" cities.

Oh and guns has everything to do with it. That IS what the topic of discussion is about..."Guns Everywhere? Sounds good to me ".

Forum List

Back