Guns Everywhere? Sounds good to me

Wyoming's crime rate is lower than the National Average and they have the most legal gun owners per capita.

Wyoming has 60% gun ownership, and their crime rate is among the lowest in the US.

The murder rate in Wyoming from 2000-2010 was 1.9 per 100,000 population, which is lower than many countries in Europe. Violent crime rates in Wyoming rank in the bottom six for the US.

You must enjoy getting pwned.

Guns have little to do with it, Wyoming has no big cities. I just looked at a list of largest US cities and got past 200 without ever finding one in Wyoming.

So you keep getting pwned when referencing states, so now you move to "largest" cities.

Oh and guns has everything to do with it. That IS what the topic of discussion is about..."Guns Everywhere? Sounds good to me ".

If that is the case then why does Wyoming not have the lowest crime rate? Why do many states with less guns have lower crime rates than Wyoming? Why is the Louisiana crime rate so high? Sorry the theory doesn't work.

Wyoming's crime rate is lower than the National Average and they have the most legal gun owners per capita.

Wyoming has 60% gun ownership, and their crime rate is among the lowest in the US.

The murder rate in Wyoming from 2000-2010 was 1.9 per 100,000 population, which is lower than many countries in Europe. Violent crime rates in Wyoming rank in the bottom six for the US.

You must enjoy getting pwned.

New Hampshire has a much lower ownership rate and crime rate. The theory doesn't hold. You have owned nothing. Sorry. Oh and Louisiana has high ownership and highest crime rate of states on the chart.

Let's recap. First you mentioned Vermont and Utah and was wrong. Then you mentioned Wyoming and was wrong. So now you're moving on to a fourth state, New Hampshire a state that has fewer gun control laws than other states. Unlike in California or New York, there is no permitting process for purchases and no state registration or licensing of firearms.

New Hampshire has a median population of gun owners with 30 percent. There are ten states below median populations of gun owners, California and New York at 21.3 and 18 percent respectively being two of them.

Utah and Vermont have less guns and lower crime rate than Wyoming. Sorry I've been wrong about nothing.

People carrying firearms in bars where they are getting drunk is real smart.

Is getting drunk the purpose of going to a bar?

I go to bars to socialize with my friends and have a few drinks, getting drunk is not intended nor welcomed. Some of us are responsible with alcohol but I'm sure that's a hard concept for you to grasp.

I hope you have a designated driver when you hit a bar.

Guns and alcohol are not a good mixture, intelligent people are aware of this.

neither are guns and cars. should we ban cars? should we ban cars from parking at a bar or a restaurant that serves alcohol

New Hampshire has a much lower ownership rate and crime rate. The theory doesn't hold. You have owned nothing. Sorry. Oh and Louisiana has high ownership and highest crime rate of states on the chart.

Let's recap. First you mentioned Vermont and Utah and was wrong. Then you mentioned Wyoming and was wrong. So now you're moving on to a fourth state, New Hampshire a state that has fewer gun control laws than other states. Unlike in California or New York, there is no permitting process for purchases and no state registration or licensing of firearms.

New Hampshire has a median population of gun owners with 30 percent. There are ten states below median populations of gun owners, California and New York at 21.3 and 18 percent respectively being two of them.

Utah and Vermont have less guns and lower crime rate than Wyoming. Sorry I've been wrong about nothing.

Yes you've been wrong on a lot of things. But no one expects you to be honest about it.

Gun ownership in Vermont is 42%, in Utah it's 43.9%. A lot more than California at 21.3% and New York at 18%.

Violent Crime rate in 2011, the most recent statistics shows Vermont with 135.2, Utah with 195.0, California with 411.1 and New York with 398.1.

Apparently saying that high gun ownership equals less violent crime is an accurate statement.

Guns have little to do with it, Wyoming has no big cities. I just looked at a list of largest US cities and got past 200 without ever finding one in Wyoming.

So you keep getting pwned when referencing states, so now you move to "largest" cities.

Oh and guns has everything to do with it. That IS what the topic of discussion is about..."Guns Everywhere? Sounds good to me ".

If that is the case then why does Wyoming not have the lowest crime rate? Why do many states with less guns have lower crime rates than Wyoming? Why is the Louisiana crime rate so high? Sorry the theory doesn't work.

the theory does work, overall, states with more guns have lower rates.

Yes you've been wrong on a lot of things. But no one expects you to be honest about it.

Gun ownership in Vermont is 42%, in Utah it's 43.9%. A lot more than California at 21.3% and New York at 18%.

Violent Crime rate in 2011, the most recent statistics shows Vermont with 135.2, Utah with 195.0, California with 411.1 and New York with 398.1.

Apparently saying that high gun ownership equals less violent crime is an accurate statement.

No it's not accurate at all for all the reasons I've already given. That doesn't mean fewer guns equals less crime either. There just is no correlation which is obvious from these numbers. If there was Wyoming would have the lowest crime rate.

Louisiana has the most crime of any state and high gun ownership so no it doesn't.

No it's not accurate at all for all the reasons I've already given. That doesn't mean fewer guns equals less crime either. There just is no correlation which is obvious from these numbers. If there was Wyoming would have the lowest crime rate.

Wyoming has more gun owners than California.

Wyoming has less crime than California.

Louisiana has the most crime of any state and high gun ownership so no it doesn't.

Try backing up your claims with a link.

Wyoming has more gun owners than California.

Wyoming has less crime than California.

New Hampshire has less guns than Wyoming.

New Hampshire has less crime than Wyoming.

PHP:

Look at the chart of all states posted in this thread....

That chart shows gun murders. You do know there are other crimes other than murder that involves guns, don't you?

Does Wyoming beat New Hampshire in any category of crime?

According to the chart NH has .04% gun murders compared to WY with .09%

Don't see how relevant that is when compared to the population NH at 1.3 million and WY at just over 500 thousand.

That chart shows gun murders. You do know there are other crimes other than murder that involves guns, don't you?

Don't see how relevant that is when compared to the population NH at 1.3 million and WY at just over 500 thousand.

So you don't even understand the chart. How surprising. Read again the population of the state doesn't matter. Post again when you understand the numbers in the chart.

I go to bars to socialize with my friends and have a few drinks, getting drunk is not intended nor welcomed. Some of us are responsible with alcohol but I'm sure that's a hard concept for you to grasp.

neither are guns and cars. should we ban cars? should we ban cars from parking at a bar or a restaurant that serves alcohol

There are laws against drinking and driving, so I guess you should not be allowed to carry a firearm when consuming alcohol.

So you don't even understand the chart. How surprising. Read again the population of the state doesn't matter. Post again when you understand the numbers in the chart.

I understand the chart but I don't understand what point you're trying to make.

Both states has guns, both states have crime. What's your point?

There are laws against drinking and driving, so I guess you should not be allowed to carry a firearm when consuming alcohol.

When you obtain your carry permit you are given fair warning about consuming alcohol while carrying. It isn't illegal to have a drink or two while carrying as long as you are not legally intoxicated. Being intoxicated you run the risk of not only being arrested but losing your carry permit as well. It basically boils down to being responsible.

People carrying firearms in bars where they are getting drunk is real smart.

Are you saying that no one who goes into a bar to have a couple of drinks and socialize with friends ever has too much to drink. An amount if alcohol can effect you differently at different times too.

As far as a designated driver, I rarely drink, and do not go to bars.

Forum List

Back